PDA

View Full Version : It's playoff time!

Ride4frnt
2 October 2014, 13:33
I know some of you guys are big football guys, and I am myself, but it's baseball season until my Orioles are out of the hunt! Who you guys got this year? I know we have a few Michigan guys on here, and most likely a few from the Midwest that like the Cards and Royals.

Who else is excited for the playoffs?

GOST
2 October 2014, 14:21
I was pulling for the Pirates, that didn't go so well.

UWone77
2 October 2014, 14:26
I don't see the Orioles getting past the Angels, but anything can happen in a 7 game series. No Boston or New York to get past this year. They have a shot.

SINNER
2 October 2014, 14:31
Go O's!

Iron_stomach
2 October 2014, 18:18
Beltway series!! I'm callin it. I made a bet with a buddy if the Nats and O's pull it off hes buying tickets to a game.

Ride4frnt
2 October 2014, 20:26
I was gonna get tickets to tomorrow's game. Passed on em in favor of CS tix.

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 06:20
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Baltimore/130A3037-D1AB-4389-81B6-9D51B4BB45F9_zpskd5wox9b.jpg

skijunkie55
3 October 2014, 06:23
I know some of you guys are big football guys, and I am myself, but it's baseball season until my Orioles are out of the hunt! Who you guys got this year? I know we have a few Michigan guys on here, and most likely a few from the Midwest that like the Cards and Royals.

Who else is excited for the playoffs?

If we keep playing like we did yesterday, your Orioles should have no problem...

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 06:36
If we keep playing like we did yesterday, your Orioles should have no problem...

Bullpen is what hurts the Tigers. That starting rotation is fire. Joba and that big ass beard not so much.

SINNER
3 October 2014, 07:00
I keep hearing how great Detroit's starting rotation is but it's not. Scherzer was their best shot and he was average at best last night. Considering their home park is a pitcher's park the team ERA of 4.01 is just OK. Put the Orioles in that park and their team ERA of 3.43 is likely a 2.7-2.9. After hearing 7 innings of the announcers nuzzle on Detroit's and Scherzer's nuts the meltdown was glorious. GO O's!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 07:04
There's no denying that scherzer, verlander, and price are three of the elite American League pitchers, but verlander and price have had off seasons. Verlander has potential to win, Price will go out there and shit the bed.

GOST
3 October 2014, 07:04
I don't see the Orioles getting past the Angels, but anything can happen in a 7 game series. No Boston or New York to get past this year. They have a shot.

The Royals may have something to say about this.

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 07:07
The Royals may have something to say about this.

Boy do I ever hope the royals and that idiot Ned Yost wreck the Angels. So far so good.

skijunkie55
3 October 2014, 12:37
The Tiger's bullpen can just go home now... un-freaking believable. I need to stop yelling at work

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 12:49
And the Tigers bullpen blows it again. Soria gave up 7 runs in two outings.

BP_Z28
3 October 2014, 17:58
Tough loss for my Tigers today.

I still have faith. I honestly though it would be a sweep lol. Forgot about our bullpen o_O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XACT_ABORT
3 October 2014, 18:10

Absolutely agree UW.... Because they won't be playing them! C'mon man! It's not like the Angels have a first round bye or something. Pretty sure that God likes the Royals in that matchup.... It was like Angels in the outfield last night. Except not for the Angels. Just sayin.

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 18:25
Absolutely agree UW.... Because they won't be playing them! C'mon man! It's not like the Angels have a first round bye or something. Pretty sure that God likes the Royals in that matchup.... It was like Angels in the outfield last night. Except not for the Angels. Just sayin.

Yeah. Bring them royals to Baltimore!

XACT_ABORT
3 October 2014, 18:46

I know right? I would prefer that matchup frankly over the Tigers given the Royals slight edge over Baltimore this year.... Tigers kind of seem to have the Royals number unfortunately. So you guys just keep doing what you're doing out there.

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 18:49
But the o's will get home field, and that place is nuts!

XACT_ABORT
3 October 2014, 18:57
So be it, I would be pretty pleased with them playing there next. Beats being done for sure.

SINNER
3 October 2014, 19:56
With Guthrie in the rotation and Yost at the wheel I would love to see the Royals come to Baltimore.

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 21:25
With Guthrie in the rotation and Yost at the wheel I would love to see the Royals come to Baltimore.

Amen!

Ride4frnt
3 October 2014, 22:31
Ned comes through again! http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ned-yost.jpg

Ride4frnt
5 October 2014, 16:27
The Baltimore freaking Orioles!

XACT_ABORT
5 October 2014, 17:27
Congrats man. Can't beat a sweep in the playoffs.

UWone77
5 October 2014, 17:37

I'm just saying... the perennial powerhouses in the East aren't there to eliminate the Orioles. You have to admit, history has not been kind, ever since you guys were robbed in the 1996 ALCS.

The Baltimore freaking Orioles!

Now if you could just win ... like a San Tan Lower :o

Ride4frnt
5 October 2014, 17:54
I'm just saying... the perennial powerhouses in the East aren't there to eliminate the Orioles. You have to admit, history has not been kind, ever since you guys were robbed in the 1996 ALCS.

Now if you could just win ... like a San Tan Lower :o

Hey, I know of one of those being given away...

GOST
5 October 2014, 19:45
O's brought the broom outta the closet.

SINNER
5 October 2014, 20:16

That is a inaccurate statement. No other team in that division LOOKED like a powerhouse because the Orioles dominated that division. The O's played the Yankees 20 times and beat them 13 of those games. Yankees beat the O's 15 times out of 20 like years past and suddenly the Yankee's are a few games away from the best record in baseball. Similar results if you look at Toronto.

Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SINNER
5 October 2014, 20:27

Damn right. Love that match up. They can not maintain the post season stats. 7 stolen bases to get them to the post season. Will not happen against the Orioles catchers. Mediocre offense with no long ball hitters against O's pitching.

UWone77
12 October 2014, 09:05

Looks like the O's are getting beaten by the team of Destiny here....

Ride4frnt
12 October 2014, 09:15
Ned Freaking Yost. I swear the man is an idiot and this team just seems to be working.

UWone77
16 October 2014, 09:41
Your team was booted just like that from the Playoffs Ride. I wonder if they Royals are going all the way.

xAZxE30x
16 October 2014, 09:48
Has any team in 3 series post season, ever swept all the way? I know the Yankees have done it back when it was only 2 but cant seem to find anything on 3 series

Ride4frnt
16 October 2014, 10:04
Your team was booted just like that from the Playoffs Ride. I wonder if they Royals are going all the way.

Well if luck follows them like it has been, they'll be unstoppable. Unreal that they could get so many hits on bloops and tappers. Seems like every time the orioles made contact it was right into their gloves. That catch Gordon made in the outfield yesterday was luck. And a few that Cain made were also out there. Overall I'm happy with our season, just wish they would've showed up for these 4 games.

GOST
16 October 2014, 18:44
Someone is making a lot of money in Vegas on the Royals.

XACT_ABORT
16 October 2014, 20:06
All I'll say is that it's completely bad ass being in KC right now. Watching this team is the most fun it's been for sports in this town in a long time.

GOST
30 October 2014, 02:39
I was hoping KC would have won, but at the beginning of the playoffs I thought either the Cardinals or Giants would win since it seems like one of always does.

WHSmithIV
30 October 2014, 03:31
I'm one of the lucky guys in the world I think. I got to see two Wold Series games in the stadium in my life. The first was when i was 7 years old. Boston Red Sox vs. St. Louis Cardinals. My Granddad was a Red Sox fan and he bought the tickets for me, my Dad and him to go see the game.

The next time I got to see a World Series game was in San Diego. I was working about a mile from Jack Murphy Stadium. Padres vs. Detroit Tigers. I told my boss at luch time I was going over to the stadium to see if I could get a ticket, went to the ATM and took my last $40 out. The line to get tickets went all around the stadium. In the parking lot, someone asked me if I was looking for a ticket. I said 'Yep'. So, I went to their van, they had a special "buy a Big Gulp" coke for 40 bucks and you get a free ticket with it - gotta love scalper ingenuity. Legally they weren't selling a ticket, they were selling a coke [:)]

That was a good game. Kurt hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th with a full count and it won the game.

Baseball and Nascar are the only things I miss about us not having a TV. We have no reception here in these mountains anyway so..........

I suppose when I retire I'll go ahead and get a TV and service. I'll be able to afford it then maybe. That's a little over 10 years away though.