PDA

View Full Version : What trigger?

Exodus
8 October 2014, 22:08
Sell me on what trigger your using and why it's the one I should buy. I tried many out at the NRAAM earlier this year but couldn't come to the conclusion of which to buy. I probably should have just bought a Geiselle SSA and been done with it for the price they had on them. But I picked up a SB15 there and then had to build a pistol to put it on so the trigger has been on hold til now. This will be going in my general purpose gun.

VIPER 237
8 October 2014, 22:16
The SSA is the gold standard right now, it really is hard to beat. Another alternative is the G2S if you don't want to spend $210.

GOST
9 October 2014, 02:03
Second the G2S. Almost exactly the same as the SSA, but can be found around $120.

mustangfreek
9 October 2014, 04:21
Also another good option to look at is the CMC trigger

Have seen the new single stage flat ones as low as $130 shipped....[:D].... as i caught a good deal and could not resist to try it out for that price...

My 18" AR is begging for a nice 2 stage..right now it rocks a crappy, polished mil spec trigger...[crazy]

Exodus
9 October 2014, 05:10
The CMC is the other one I've had my eye on but it's one I haven't felt yet.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 05:21
2nd for cmc trigger... It is by far the best trigger I have.

Another low cost single stage option is the ALG ACT with a set of JP yellow springs. Crisp and smooth. The best "standard" single stage I own.

I also have the RRA 2 stage that works very well.

Computalotapus
9 October 2014, 05:51
CMC Flat 3.5lb trigger is what I am using. Picked mine up for $140. This trigger has done nothing but amazed me from the time I dropped it into the weapon. Short take up, crisp break, very short reset and the second shot will surprised the crap out of you. I know now that this trigger will be my default trigger in all future builds.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

six8
9 October 2014, 06:24
Same here. Love the flat CMC

Vesticles
9 October 2014, 07:09
I have a Geissele SSA in one and my wife's has an ALG ACT w/ the yellow JP springs. I love the SSA and future builds will probably have some sort of Geissele trigger in them. However, having said that, I have been looking at that CMC...

We'll see, I guess.

CarbonScoring
9 October 2014, 09:33
I've got a Geissele G2S that I love, but my favorite by far is the Geissele SD-C. I'm a sucker for flat triggers.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3866/15393102911_27af65cf84_c.jpg

Ride4frnt
9 October 2014, 09:59
Have a SSA-E in my 18" build and I love it for the type of shooting I do with the rifle (longer range, varmint, groups) I also have the ALG ACT with jp springs and it's a pretty nice single stage, far better than mil spec. I really wanna get my paws on a cmc for my pistol.

tact
9 October 2014, 10:30
Agree fully as stated above on the CMC flat bow trigger. I prefer them over Geiselle any day.

DutyUse
9 October 2014, 13:29
For the price ALG is high on my list. That said I bought a SSA-E for my most recent build

Aragorn
9 October 2014, 13:57
I also run an SSA-E. Got it on sale and it was kind of an eye opening experience when I first dropped the hammer on it. Seemed perhaps TOO light for a 14.5" bbl AR with a red dot, but after having it for quite awhile I now think even SSA's feel heavy now.

As for a single stage, the Wilson Combat TTU is the nicest I've felt, never felt a CMC though.