PDA

View Full Version : Metropolitan police should be disarmed...

Ride4frnt
9 October 2014, 21:08
Just thought I would share this latest piece of news from Washington DC.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/10/08/d-c-councilmember-police-shouldnt-have-guns/

Briansz1
10 October 2014, 02:49
I grew up near D.C. when it was the murder capitol, we used to call it Dodge City not D.C. I know they have come a long way since then, but to even suggest an unarmed police force especially in the capitol is plain retarded. My best friends father was a motorcycle police officer in D.C. I'm sure he would have plenty to share on this subject

voodoo_man
10 October 2014, 03:13
Last time I was in DC I nearly shot someone about three blocks from the mall.

If any city needs MORE guns, its DC.

skijunkie55
10 October 2014, 03:47
Last time I was in DC I nearly shot someone about three blocks from the mall.

If any city needs MORE guns, its DC.

Story?!

My in-laws are from the DC area. I try to avoid it like the plague.

Thompson
10 October 2014, 09:36
This is interesting; never looked at Metro PD this way before ....

UWone77
10 October 2014, 09:44
Some people just don't seem to get it... you can try to disarm the citizens and the police, but criminals by definition don't care about the law and will still be armed. I don't get what planet or logic they are following.

Thompson
10 October 2014, 09:46
Some people just don't seem to get it... you can try to disarm the citizens and the police, but criminals by definition don't care about the law and will still be armed. I don't get what planet or logic they are following.
... apparently the one that's all hunky dory ...

voodoo_man
10 October 2014, 11:02
Story?!

My in-laws are from the DC area. I try to avoid it like the plague.

If you go to the mall area its very nice and touristy. My wife and I parked near the LE memorial and walked to the white house, the large stone dildo and then the mall with my daughter in a child mobility unit (stroller for the laymen). We took the short cut back through the north (maybe?) end of the mall area, past the federal buildings and once we got into the city/living area (about two blocks from the police station/court house) three bums began to approach us from across the street asking for money and what not. I told them to move along and that we had nothing for them. The one guy told me my watch (a lumtec) looked nice, I told him in my own way with body position and mannerism that if he came closer he would not live to see sundown. They walked away after that.

I expect it in some places, not two blocks off the mall in DC.

Ride4frnt
10 October 2014, 11:09
Yeah. I live in maryland. Frequent DC and Baltimore. When in DC I don't venture far from the mall/museums, when in Baltimore I'm within 5 blocks at most from the stadiums/harbor. The cities are not safe, at all. If any force should be disarmed, it's definitely not DC metro.

GaSwamper
10 October 2014, 12:03
Dam I hate I clicked that link, It just confirms my theory that Idiocricy was not a comedy but a documentary. Billy club?? I can kill you with a billy club too, I'll just sweat more when I do it. DC Metro or my little town USA if I call a cop he better show up with a sidearm. This is an insult to every LEO that risks his safety for the safety of others!

browcs
10 October 2014, 17:24
I expect to see/hear more cries for police disarmament in the light of the recent police-involved shootings in MO.

FortTom
10 October 2014, 17:29
Hey, I'm all for disarming certain protection services. Start with the Secret Service.[pop]

camomike
10 October 2014, 17:51
What's that quote....? You Can Give Peace A Chance, I'll Cover You If It Doesn't Work Out

Aragorn
10 October 2014, 18:07
Hey, I'm all for disarming certain protection services. Start with the Secret Service.[pop]

YES! FT for the win!