PDA

View Full Version : 7.62 AAC 18t

Sdlrodeo
10 October 2014, 05:34
So I finally had a chance to try my can. But not on a .308. I used a thread adapter and put the blackout flash hider on my 5.56. Pretty cool. Very quiet using pmc bronze 55gr. At 50 yds my groups were about 1" lower than non suppressed. Still tight. A boat load more gas was coming out of the chamber and into the mag.

Here's my question.
Will an adjustable gas block help clean it up? I had one on but needed it full open to run unsuppressed so I took it off.

Thanks,
Steve

UWone77
10 October 2014, 06:34
That's life with a suppressor, lots of gas.

An adjustable gas block will mitigate some of that, but not eliminate that. If you're a left handed shooter, it's 100x worse.

Nathan_Mack
10 October 2014, 09:11
So I finally had a chance to try my can. But not on a .308. I used a thread adapter and put the blackout flash hider on my 5.56. Pretty cool. Very quiet using pmc bronze 55gr. At 50 yds my groups were about 1" lower than non suppressed. Still tight. A boat load more gas was coming out of the chamber and into the mag.

Here's my question.
Will an adjustable gas block help clean it up? I had one on but needed it full open to run unsuppressed so I took it off.

Thanks,
Steve

As to the gas block, I don't know. But kudos to you for going to the 18T muzzle device. I think it is the strongest design they've made. I have a 51T on my decked out FN PBR (no can yet) and I think it'll be OK, but I'd never subject it to hard use and frequent on/off. Now they make some kind of 90-tooth madness that seems asinine to me.

Sdlrodeo
12 October 2014, 18:27
I can imagine a lefty would have a major problem with the gas blowback from the can. The gun ran fine so I'm not complaining. Just learning my way around. Thanks for the feedback.