PDA

View Full Version : Pursuit of Knowledge

Thompson
11 October 2014, 16:44
So I'm curious. I'm purchasing some stuff on Amazon, and I was wondering - are there any books worth buying - for the responsible gun owner, aka me?

I'm already planning on getting The Gun - CJ Chivers and Getting Started with Firearms in the US - Nick Leghorn.

Do you guys have any other book suggestions?

Lkb513
11 October 2014, 16:53
Green eyes and black rifles : warriors guide to the combat carbine by kyle lamb. Insane book for any ar lover. Covers pretty much everything on the ar. It will be a little higher in price, but worth every penny.

Thompson
11 October 2014, 18:46
Green eyes and black rifles : warriors guide to the combat carbine by kyle lamb. Insane book for any ar lover. Covers pretty much everything on the ar. It will be a little higher in price, but worth every penny.
I'm all for AR books [:D]

ArsonMachine
11 October 2014, 20:52
I bought those in depth silencer books to help generate ideas on doing a form1 can. The info is a bit dated now, but it was rather cool to read none the less.

Uffdaphil
12 October 2014, 06:45
To address the "responsible" part of your question: Defensive Use of Firearms by Stephen W. Wenger

You tube videos are a great resource. But research the posters and second-third source information. A lot of yahoos out there.

Massad Ayoob is THE expert on dealing with the police or courts. His site has links to many good books.
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

jim.bell
12 October 2014, 07:39
How about the classics?

No Second Place Winner, To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Tell the Truth?

Thompson
12 October 2014, 09:15
To address the "responsible" part of your question: Defensive Use of Firearms by Stephen W. Wenger

You tube videos are a great resource. But research the posters and second-third source information. A lot of yahoos out there.

Massad Ayoob is THE expert on dealing with the police or courts. His site has links to many good books.
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/
This, I'm definitely interested in.

jim - those 2 sound like awesome books. Unfortunately for now, they have been wish-listed. Right now I'm more focused on the legal implications of using a firearms in self/home defense.

Arson - thanks for that. Definitely will come in handy whenever I start purchasing NFA items.

ddearmon2010
21 October 2014, 14:21
This, I'm definitely interested in.

jim - those 2 sound like awesome books. Unfortunately for now, they have been wish-listed. Right now I'm more focused on the legal implications of using a firearms in self/home defense.

Arson - thanks for that. Definitely will come in handy whenever I start purchasing NFA items.

make sure you research the home protection gun laws for your state. you may also want to contact a fun assoc. like the NRA or such to seer what info and resources they have available regarding home defense laws.

Thompson
21 October 2014, 18:07
Hahaha - when you said "fun". But in all seriousness - good call, kinda overlooked the NRA approach.