PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle device swaps?

SwissyJim
16 October 2014, 22:37
Ok... got an question. Or a dilemma I'd like expert opinions on, seeing as I am in no way shape or form an expert.
Background: I have a Colt 6920 and a Tavor in 5.56, and an AR308- all with Battlecomps. LOVE the Battlecomps. But, once I decided to build a SBR in 300BLK, I got into suppressors. I now own a Specwar762 for the 308 stuff, and will have my Specwar556 very soon. (not to mention 2 .22lr cans!) My question is this... since the BC cannot attach the suppressors, and *occasionally* I plan to shoot everything with a can on, do I

1) Keep the BC's and just swap on a can mount when I want to shoot that weapon suppressed

or

2) Sell off the Battlecomps and put SilencerCo mounts on everything and freely and easily swap stuff around?

I see keeping the BC's as a hassle, to be honest. They have to be timed, I'll need lots of crush washers, yada yada. But I do so dearly love them. If they'd just add a mount for the SilencerCo stuff like they just did for the AAC51t... BUT... would it be worth keeping a stock of washers and stuff around?

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm an idiot? Ebola is gonna kill us all? I've had too many Makers and Ginger? [crazy]

Just trying to justify going either route, and would appreciate your thoughts/experiences
Jim

Liberal_Strong
16 October 2014, 23:49
why not swap em for the new BC comps with what looks to be an AAC style mount? =D no youre in the best of both worlds, you love of BC and now the ability to attach a can.

edit: the battlecomp 51.0 (http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=72&zenid=0vbbs5qvl942ga166fptig7ps7)

Pyzik
17 October 2014, 05:39
why not swap em for the new BC comps with what looks to be an AAC style mount? =D no youre in the best of both worlds, you love of BC and now the ability to attach a can.

edit: the battlecomp 51.0 (http://battlecomp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=72&zenid=0vbbs5qvl942ga166fptig7ps7)

Bingo.

SwissyJim
17 October 2014, 08:20
Because I don't have the AAC cans with 51t mounts. As I said, I have SilencerCo Specwars that use a trifecta mount.

Checkmate.
[:D]

Pyzik
17 October 2014, 08:31
Because I don't have the AAC cans with 51t mounts. As I said, I have SilencerCo Specwars that use a trifecta mount.

Checkmate.

I started to look up the mounts after I posted then got distracted. (dang internet)

I am no help to you.

SwissyJim
17 October 2014, 08:43
Funny how we get distrac... oh look! powder in stock!

UWone77
17 October 2014, 08:51
Sounds like you have enough uppers to have dedicated suppressed guns and some guns you can shoot unsuppressed.

I'm a fan of dedicated setups. Sometimes suppressed setups need to be "tuned" and then there is always that point of impact shift switching cans from upper to upper.

So you have a few choices, you can go with Battle Comp 2.0's which will work with A2 Compatible suppressors like the GemTech Halo. (don't use the crush washers with the suppressors though, use the shims)

Or if you are keeping your existing Silencerco ones, just have the above mentioned dedicated and non-suppressed guns.

Your last choice is to sell off all of your Battle Comps.

Liberal_Strong
17 October 2014, 11:41

Checkmate.
Oh my bad. I thought they would be compatible..I can't own cans :(

SwissyJim
17 October 2014, 14:16
Sounds like you have enough uppers to have dedicated suppressed guns and some guns you can shoot unsuppressed.

I'm a fan of dedicated setups. Sometimes suppressed setups need to be "tuned" and then there is always that point of impact shift switching cans from upper to upper.

So you have a few choices, you can go with Battle Comp 2.0's which will work with A2 Compatible suppressors like the GemTech Halo. (don't use the crush washers with the suppressors though, use the shims)

Or if you are keeping your existing Silencerco ones, just have the above mentioned dedicated and non-suppressed guns.

Your last choice is to sell off all of your Battle Comps.

I thought of the dedicated suppressed - in reality, my 300BLK SBR is just that. But, I'm also greedy enough to want to shoot them ALL suppressed, just not greedy enough to pay for all those cans. I was just wondering if others swapped, if there was any drawbacks to swapping, so on. I'd hate to sell the comps, but if nothing else I can at least leave one 5.56 rifle with a BC on and suppress the other occasionally. Due to length, the Tavor would get the suppressor device methinks.

Cgmohler
21 October 2014, 22:22
I first owned the AAC Cyclone(7.62) and occasionally used it with my Tavor and SCAR 16s. Removing the flash suppressor every time was a bit a pain. When I got a M4-2000 w/51T I switched out the stock flash hiders for the Blackout. What a difference! Saves tons of time and hassle at the range. I would sell the BattleComps and get a pair of Trifecta flash hiders for the SpecWar...

madscientist24
24 October 2014, 08:04
How does the 51T compare to other muzzle devices? I've been looking for a muzzle device that allows you to easily put on and remove the suppressor. Is the 51T compatible with several suppressors, or only AAC suppressors?

bzdog
24 October 2014, 14:21
The 51T is supposedly very good at *flash* suppression.

The long tines can create a "ping" noise which bother some, not others. Some have reported this diminishes over time.

I don't have a can, but I think most companies have their own can mounting system. Or at least there are a variety of mounting systems.

I seem to recall some discussion about AAC changing their mount, so I'd check carefully about compatibility of the specific products under consideration.

-john