PDA

View Full Version : SBR Stamp Help!

Farva
18 October 2014, 17:17
Ok guys and/or gals I have a conundrum that hopefully someone here can assist me with. I filed my form 1 for my SBR tax stamp in early December of 2013. About two weeks ago (approximately early October of 2014) I called to check the status of my form 1. I was informed that it was approved on August 15th 2014. You can imagine how excited I was when I heard this news. Then the thought crept into my mind that, hey I should have had the stamp by now!? So I asked why I haven't received it and the kind lady asked if I had moved to a different address than what's stated on my trust. I told her that I had but I had also had all my mail forwarded to the new and current address. She informed me that their mail normally doesn't get forwarded and that I could fax or mail a letter requesting an official copy of the form 1 or the original if they have it. So I did exactly that. I wrote (let's be honest I typed it. Who wrights with their hands anymore) and faxed it to the number I was given. I gave it a couple days and called back to verify that they received the fax and had gotten a answering machine. So I left a message. A few days pass yet again and no returned message. So I call again, during THEIR business hours might I add, and again I get an answering machine. I've tried calling several times and at different times of the day throughout the week. So is or has anyone come across the same issue? If so how should I remedy this? Also does anyone know the address that I can mail a letter to also incase the fax lied to me about being successful.

Thanks in advance, I just want my stamp!! 😁

Former11B
18 October 2014, 22:41
NFA Branch, 244 Needy Road, Suite 1250, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405
(304) 616-4500.

Since your stamp has been floating around for a couple months, and stuff gets lost in the mail all the time, they should be able to pull your approved application and Mail a certified copy (without stamp I've been told) but verifying it is approved/official etc

Sak007
18 October 2014, 23:24
I received my tax stamp directly to my home much to my dealers dismay . When I opened the envelope i had a sinking feeling it had been rejected but it was my tax stamp along with seven other peoples tax stamps .Gotta love that government efficiency .

gatordev
19 October 2014, 06:51
NFA Branch, 244 Needy Road, Suite 1250, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405
(304) 616-4500.

Since your stamp has been floating around for a couple months, and stuff gets lost in the mail all the time, they should be able to pull your approved application and Mail a certified copy (without stamp I've been told) but verifying it is approved/official etc

After a month (which you've done) you can request the copy.

Trying to call during certain parts of the day or certain days during the week will often result in the answering machine. I'd just keep trying. In the meantime, as 11B mentioned, I'd just mail the request and worst case, you'll have two copies.

Farva
19 October 2014, 10:34
Sounds good guys. I'll mail one to that address and keep calling as well. I appreciate the help and info!

Farva
19 October 2014, 10:35
I received my tax stamp directly to my home much to my dealers dismay . When I opened the envelope i had a sinking feeling it had been rejected but it was my tax stamp along with seven other peoples tax stamps .Gotta love that government efficiency .

Haha talk about a pleasant surprise!

Former11B
19 October 2014, 18:14
Sounds good guys. I'll mail one to that address and keep calling as well. I appreciate the help and info!

Keep us updated on what you find out

Farva
19 October 2014, 18:15
Keep us updated on what you find out

Copy that.

mustangfreek
20 October 2014, 02:28
I have nothing good to add, ...besides i need a SBR stamp...lol.....

...carry on....

tact
20 October 2014, 05:55
I have nothing good to add, ...besides i need a SBR stamp...lol.....

...carry on....

30-40 days on eFile.....

Farva
20 October 2014, 08:07
30-40 days on eFile.....

I was told efile was shut down. I'm guessing they opened it back up?

tact
20 October 2014, 08:08
I was told efile was shut down. I'm guessing they opened it back up?

Open for form 1s.....

Farva
20 October 2014, 08:08
Open for form 1s.....

Ah very nice!

Farva
29 October 2014, 06:16
Got an update. Finally received my official copy! It's a done deal!! Woot woot!

Sak007
29 October 2014, 11:36
Congrats