PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR

SturmSoldaten
12 October 2008, 12:56
ok so the thread needs to start somewhere. i support magpul and all their designs and wish all the best to them. i also understand that they are a small independent buisness. with that said where is the UBR. i think it was sposed to be released first or second quarter 07. i know they let a small batch go earlier this year but it seems like less than 50 went out. will magpul be able to fill orders before the end of this year? now i know they dont give "timelines" anymore but i know that there are people out on the grid who know more than others and a little nudge in any particular direction would be nice.

Stickman
13 October 2008, 12:51
ok so the thread needs to start somewhere. i support magpul and all their designs and wish all the best to them. i also understand that they are a small independent buisness. with that said where is the UBR. i think it was sposed to be released first or second quarter 07. i know they let a small batch go earlier this year but it seems like less than 50 went out. will magpul be able to fill orders before the end of this year? now i know they dont give "timelines" anymore but i know that there are people out on the grid who know more than others and a little nudge in any particular direction would be nice.

My understanding is that the small first couple batches that went out were in the 200-300+ range, where did you ever hear it was 50? They are running production on UBRs currently, with them going to dealers and distributors.

They can still be hard to find, but so can the Nintendo Wii.

parabellum
13 October 2008, 22:13
I know a few retailers who have the UBR right now. Most are charging around $100 above MSRP....but one place is selling it at MAP

The only problem is the only color any of them have is FDE or coyote or whatever.

All my rifles are black tho. Yeah I know, form over function, stupid to pass on buying a stock i really want because of color....the color shouldn't matter....but if i'm paying that much for a stock, I might as well be patient and wait for the one i really want

Custom-X_Sponjah
15 October 2008, 17:16
This one at my last Rifle class is sitting on a Noveske rifle.
He went to "Butt Slam" a stuck casing out during a Malfunction drill and a piece of the stock flew off.. We all stood there [wow] till he just popped the piece back in after completing the course of fire.. [BD]

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/DefConNC/SEPTcarbine004.jpg

wildcrafter
16 November 2008, 16:34
I really like the look of the UBR. Definitely would buy one if they were available. Hopefully Magpul makes a lot of more of these next year.[pop]

m24shooter
16 November 2008, 16:44
I'm looking forward to getting a collapsible stock that will let me shoot NTCH comfortably with the stock out.

TehLlama
16 November 2008, 19:08
I'm looking forward to getting a collapsible stock that will let me shoot NTCH comfortably with the stock out.

The UBR is just that - I'm having a hard time staying patient for my second one.

Spectre1
3 December 2008, 22:54
I just got 2 in today. Man are these things nicely done! As with most Magpul products, a bit on the spendy side, but you do get what you pay for, and then some...

Stickman
4 December 2008, 16:18
Are you guys running yours with the compartment cover in or out?

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/_BP_7920%201028%20Stick.jpg

Spectre1
4 December 2008, 20:05
Mine currently have the covers, but as I am not planning on storing anything in there, I may just remove them. Waiting on uppers to be built to complete these lowers, so I haven't decided yet.

Spectre1
4 December 2008, 20:08
That reminds me, too, Stick, have you any pics of the metal strike plates for the UBR's? I haven't found them listed outside the MP catalog...

peachfuzz
15 December 2008, 17:24

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20III/_BP_7920%201028%20Stick.jpg

Door off. Like the look.

Stickman
15 December 2008, 19:14
That reminds me, too, Stick, have you any pics of the metal strike plates for the UBR's? I haven't found them listed outside the MP catalog...

The metal ones aren't released yet, and I haven't seen anything in a prototype status either.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.....

TehLlama
16 December 2008, 06:35

I like the look better without, but I'm keeping them for storage. It does quite nicely with a pair of 123A's, 1/3N, LT Lube bottle, and a tiny ziploc of patches and pins.

Spectre1
16 December 2008, 10:14
The metal ones aren't released yet, and I haven't seen anything in a prototype status either.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.....

Stick: Thanks for the info. I figured if anyone outside of Magpul would know about these it would be you.[:D]

nb118677hc
19 December 2008, 06:00

I have one on a 6.8 hunting rifle mainly for the rigidity (which is the best of any collapsible I've ever used) and the compartment is nice, but leaving the doors off provides an extra handling point on the gun.

CLHC
2 January 2009, 03:33
The "covers" are off of mine and so is the "1.25 inch sling loop" thing. Kind of "feels" lighter without those three (3) items on there.

reiswigt
26 February 2009, 17:53
Looking for a black UBR. Like most everything else, out of stock. Any suggestions for finding one in stock?

TehLlama
26 February 2009, 18:37
Overypay on eGay, or just hop on a waiting list. LaRue, BravoCompany, GTS Tactical, MyGoTimeGear, and direct from MagPul are among the quickest at getting new stuff turned around.

I had to wait for both of mine, and it was well worth it.

JustMatt
26 February 2009, 19:00
TehLlama, how long did you have to wait. I have a order in with Larue and I'm wondering what the ETA is. They don't know.

Stickman
26 February 2009, 19:07
ADCO
Brownells
Rainier Arms

The above are three other places worth checking.

TehLlama
27 February 2009, 09:38
Wow, not sure how I forgot those, Stick. Especially since those three shops are the last three entries on my 'happy fun card'

I waited a good month and a half for the first one, one month for the second. It seems MagPul is upping the batch size (instead of increasing frequency), so I'm expecting to see a large number of black, and probably Foliage in the near future (guess)

JustMatt
27 February 2009, 12:41
Thats good to know, I don't think they can up the frequency because, and I could be wrong on this, but I believe the polymer needs a set amount of time to cure. Brownells was out when I checked last night and I love Rainier but the UBR isn't listed on there website.

Chainring
1 March 2009, 16:21
Call Kevin at Brightflashlights.com and see what he's got coming. Don't know how long it will be before he gets more stuff in, but his pricing on the stuff he carries (Magpul, Tangodown, Surefire, etc.) is pretty darn good. Holler at him: (352-732-2156). I never asked about a UBR, but it can't hurt. I had real good luck with Brownells, too.