PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill Machine

urikagold
14 October 2008, 15:57
Anyone have any experience with Yankee Hill Machine? I am thinking of picking up one of their complete uppers.

parabellum
14 October 2008, 16:15
I would STRONGLY advise against that. You can do a lot better for what they charge ($600-$850

I really dislike the way their uppers are configured. Too much YHM aftermarket garbage everywhere

for what they are charging, you could get a much higher quality upper with less "bling"

docsherm
17 October 2008, 20:51
Just say no to YHM

TehLlama
19 October 2008, 09:14
Their suppressors are okay on a tigh budget (heavy mostly), and they make a few really handy products at a low price. If you want a rail system for a range gun, that's the place to look for something cheap and functional.

You'd be far better off getting an LMT, BCM, CMMG, RRA, Sabre upper, and adding a TROY, DanielDefense, KAC, LT, VLTOR, or other handguard do it.

urikagold
5 November 2008, 14:50
Who is BCM? Can't find any info on them.

Stickman
5 November 2008, 16:42
I would look at LMT and Noveske it it were me. The Noveske is going to be slightly higher quality, but the LMT is top notch.

parabellum
6 November 2008, 22:26
Who is BCM? Can't find any info on them.

Bravo Company Manufacturing. they make very good uppers, but not complete weapons. you can buy their stuff at this website, but they are all sold out right now. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ there are some other vendors who carry their uppers tho, you might find one in stock somewhere else.

i agree with Stickman, Noveske is my personal favorite. in my opinion they make the best upper on the market. LMT and BCM are the best as far as service-rifle quality uppers...but Noveske exceeds even the stringent requirements applied to service arms.

you can get a Noveske N4 Basic upper for around the same price as the most accessory encrusted YHM upper from their website. $945 for a 14.5" CAR Basic, $975 for a 16" midlength Basic.