PDA

View Full Version : Specwar 762

voodoo_man
24 October 2014, 07:58
Anyone have one? Thoughts, experiences, opinions?

Am looking to pick one up.

Former11B
24 October 2014, 08:17
I've heard/seen a SpecWar 7.62. A little heavier than some of the alternatives but it's pretty much one of the most quiet offerings on the market. The mounting system is solid and SiCo's customer service is second to none. Do they still have the SpecWar and $99 Spectre deal going on? I'd jump on that if so

voodoo_man
24 October 2014, 08:35
I've heard/seen a SpecWar 7.62. A little heavier than some of the alternatives but it's pretty much one of the most quiet offerings on the market. The mounting system is solid and SiCo's customer service is second to none. Do they still have the SpecWar and $99 Spectre deal going on? I'd jump on that if so

The shop still has that deal.

I got confirmation that the 762 specwar is warrantied down to 7" on a 556 gun (which is what its going on) so its a go for me with a little bit more research.

tact
24 October 2014, 08:39
The shop still has that deal.

I got confirmation that the 762 specwar is warrantied down to 7" on a 556 gun (which is what its going on) so its a go for me with a little bit more research.

You will not be disappointed. I have the Saker762 and Specwar coming next month. As stated above very quiet but it is guaranteed for 7" barrels due to Stellite being 30 percent stronger than Inconel. SilencerCo customer service and quality is second to none.

mustangfreek
24 October 2014, 18:08
A friend just ordered the specwar/spectre combo.....

Thats about all i know..lol..

Ride4frnt
24 October 2014, 18:16
Specwar is what I'm looking to get when I enter the can game

VIPER 237
24 October 2014, 19:00
My only complaint is how big and heavy it is

Ride4frnt
24 October 2014, 19:03
It's pretty long and heavy, but for the most part the gun it will be on will be shot off a rest or bipod so it shouldn't bother me

voodoo_man
24 October 2014, 20:27
Long and heavy are not concerns I have.

I am goin to wait until after shot show to pick one up.

SwissyJim
24 October 2014, 22:59
I've got the Specwar762 and love it. I did a little looking prior, and if weight or length is a concern, then look at the Saker or similar, or the new 'K' line from SilencerCo. But for me, it's not the main priority.... noise reduction was. And I can tell you, that on my 8" 300BLK the Specwar is stupid quiet. Yeah, I probably would not notice a few decibels here or there, but the few decibels on top of the extra dollars the shorter/lighter ones would cost was enough to sway me. Plus it's not a carry or duty weapon... just a fun gun for this and that.

That, and the support from SilencerCo is top. I have had numerous email exchanges with them regarding barrel lengths, thread issues, ratings and hand loads. I have been fully informed, and treated like royalty, in every email I have gotten. I had a couple of questions to AAC and it took 5 days to get a reply, whereas with SilencerCo I was doing 2-3 a day with them back and forth.

I'm happy enough that I have a Specwar556 in jail already.

saburkha
12 November 2014, 18:50
I have one and shot it on 6.5 Grendel, 300 Blackout and 556.. but the most amazing result i've seen is on a 300 WinMag with the brake mount. I was shocked at how much fun that was to shoot. All the winmags I've shot have had significant recoil to say the least. I shot 10 rounds and could have shot all day if I had the ammo. Fantastic can. I'm really glad I went with the Specwar 762