PDA

View Full Version : Holster Question for fellow LEO's

Farva
25 October 2014, 18:54
To all my fellow LEO's out there, or anyone privy to the information. Does anyone know of a duty holster that accepts the inforce APL? Preferably a level 2 and preferably for a M&P but any will do. Just curious if there's any out there. I know Streamlight or surefire are the major ones holsters are made for but I love the inforce products as well.

voodoo_man
25 October 2014, 19:05
Safariland I believe has dual use holsters that will accept both tlr and surefire x300s. They might acceot the inforce too.

Farva
25 October 2014, 19:52
Thanks voodoo I'll have to look into that!

Calico Jack
26 October 2014, 05:11
The Safariland 6360 will. A guy at my station uses one. I am not sure if the 7360 will yet. Its supposed to have a tighter fit.

browcs
26 October 2014, 10:02
I have a Safariland 6377 for a Glock 19/23. My Glock 23 with an APL fits fine; no problems at all.

Farva
26 October 2014, 11:03
Good info guys. Thanks, I'll be looking into these

UWone77
26 October 2014, 11:19
The Safariland 6360 will. A guy at my station uses one. I am not sure if the 7360 will yet. Its supposed to have a tighter fit.

The Inforce is not authorized on my dept, but it will fit in a 6360 like Jack says.

browcs
26 October 2014, 12:44
inforce01 @browcs all the ALS holsters for x300 and M3 fit the APL. I believe Safariland has updated the WILL FIT list on their website.

...per Inforce on my IG page.

Farva
26 October 2014, 21:24
...per Inforce on my IG page.

Sweet. Solid Intel here. Thanks!

Farva
6 February 2015, 00:48
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the hood from an ALS/SLS holsters and still have flawless function? I really prefer the ALS system (one without the hood if I'm not mistaken) but can't seem to find them in a light bearing model. I have a full size M&P 9mm with an inforce APL and I'm having trouble finding a duty holster. I'm leaning towards safari land but all the numbers and such is a little overwhelming to a safari land noob. I have zero experience with there holsters. My ideal holster would be the 6360 (I guess) with just the ALS system, low ride in the black STX hard shell finish but like I said I'm not a huge fan of the hood or bail which ever you prefer to call it ( the SLS system if I got the right)

UWone77
6 February 2015, 01:46
Why would you want to remove a level of retention?

Farva
6 February 2015, 03:21
Why would you want to remove a level of retention?

I'm just not a fan of the bail. It seems slower than just having the ALS by itself and the only configuration I can find has both. A buddy who has the holster with both systems also says he doesn't like the bail and if he had the choice he would go without and just have the thumb release of the ALS system. So I was wondering if it was possible to remove it without jeopardizing the over all function of the holster.

Farva
6 February 2015, 03:23
Did I sound like a complete idiot? Lol it makes sense in my head, just not sure I'm translating it correctly.

Farva
6 February 2015, 03:30
I have a bail on a G-Code holster and I didn't like that one either. I felt like my thumb had to extend out too far to release it. Otherwise a good holster.

MonkeyBomb
6 February 2015, 07:32
The hood isn't much slower than a regular snap. Buy one and practice with it. That's the key. Literally speaking you need to relearn the mechanics of drawing from the holster. Repetition and a whole lot of it starting slow doing it perfectly every time then speeding up.

I switched styles of holster after about 15 years of carrying the same one. I hated the new one with a passion but I practiced drawing it until I had darned near worn the finish off the gun. Now no issues.

DutyUse
6 February 2015, 09:35
Farva I think it's just a training issue. Few 1000 draw reps and you'll be just as quick and with better retention

Farva
6 February 2015, 23:29
yay learning new things!!

UWone77
6 February 2015, 23:36
I would not remove the hood. Here's why:

If you're in a fight, and God forbid someone attempts to disarm you, they first have to get the hood down. Well, during the fight, it's easier for the officer to hit that hood backup and thus, reengaging a level of retention. This is vastly superior to trying to re-snap buttons.

I used a Safariland SSIII Holster for over a decade, and it served it's purpose, but going to the ALS wasn't as a big training or retraining issue as I thought it would be. Like it's been mentioned before, you just need some repetitions.

I think in time, you'll find that using all levels of retention in the ALS holster is a good thing.

Farva
6 February 2015, 23:57
I would not remove the hood. Here's why:

If you're in a fight, and God forbid someone attempts to disarm you, they first have to get the hood down. Well, during the fight, it's easier for the officer to hit that hood backup and thus, reengaging a level of retention. This is vastly superior to trying to re-snap buttons.

I used a Safariland SSIII Holster for over a decade, and it served it's purpose, but going to the ALS wasn't as a big training or retraining issue as I thought it would be. Like it's been mentioned before, you just need some repetitions.

I think in time, you'll find that using all levels of retention in the ALS holster is a good thing.

this is a good point. I will just have to train with it heck I may even like it!

voodoo_man
7 February 2015, 06:34
I like the ALS. The extra button is a good "oops" retention mechanism.

Farva
7 February 2015, 21:25
I like the ALS. The extra button is a good "oops" retention mechanism.

im ok with the thumb button. Thats all i would prefer. Correct me if im wrong but the ones with the bail on the plus the ALS (thumb button) you must first drop the bail, then press the thumb button correct? I really wish I could go play with one....

voodoo_man
8 February 2015, 06:31
im ok with the thumb button. Thats all i would prefer. Correct me if im wrong but the ones with the bail on the plus the ALS (thumb button) you must first drop the bail, then press the thumb button correct? I really wish I could go play with one....

Yes. Its very easy.

Eric
8 February 2015, 21:03
The ALS w/hood is one of the more intuitive designs out there and pretty much the industry standard now. I used the SSIII for longer than I want to admit and didn't want to change at first, but the transition was fairly easy. Just get the reps in.

Farva
9 February 2015, 15:11
Sounds like it's a done deal then!