PDA

View Full Version : First Suppressor

Credz
27 October 2014, 03:02
Hey all,

I've been looking hard at suppressors for my first NFA item. I'm looking at getting a trust as well with a lawyer the gun shop recommended to me or I may go with a online option depending on the price of the lawyer.

I was at the gun shop, which is a 90 minute drive for me, to get my new DDM4v5 :D. We talked about suppressors and he brought out, what I'm assuming is what all he had instock, which was...

AAC SR7
AAC 762 SDN-6
SpecWar 762
Phantom 308
Phantom Ti 308

Recommending me to get a larger suppressor in case I go a bigger caliber. Cause currently all I have is a AR15 556 rifle. I originally wanted the Saker, but I didn't ask him about it, but I assume he could get it in. I probably will not get anything bigger than a 556 since my next purchases I see to be 2 more pistols and a shotgun. So, I'm not really sure it is worth going 762 but it don't hurt I guess lol.

Out of the choices above I didn't really like the Phantom 308, It was just heavy. He recommended to me to get the AAC SR-7 just because of the new mounting system. I did like all of the others though.

My main concern is having good sound reduction, durability and not overally heavy along with a fair price. They all felt good weight wise but the Phantom to me atleast. I think the shop gave me a fair price for all of those mentioned though. I thought about emailing them and asking if they have a Saker or could get one in.

Any suggestions on the ones listed that they got in stock? I can't really find much information on the AAC SR-7 for comparisons.

Thanks!

Dstrbdmedic167
27 October 2014, 04:26
My vote is for the 762-sdn-6. Great can that will cover all your bases. Plus a $200 online store credit if you buy it by the end of the year.

tact
27 October 2014, 04:40
Sure AAC is cheaper, but quality is going down and CS is horrible. There a better companies with better mounts and better cans. I even had a dealer who sells just about every can not recommend them anymore.

Realize also that there are trade offs with weight and sound reduction. If sound reduction is most important you need volume and will get a bit more weight.

rob_s
27 October 2014, 05:15
Sure AAC is cheaper, but quality is going down and CS is horrible. There a better companies with better mounts and better cans. I even had a dealer who sells just about every can not recommend them anymore.

Realize also that there are trade offs with weight and sound reduction. If sound reduction is most important you need volume and will get a bit more weight.

So that leads to four questions...

1) besides the dealer, on what do you base this opinion?
2) What/who is better?
3) what do you recommend to the OP?
4) What do you own?

Former11B
27 October 2014, 07:13
The SR7 is going to be very expensive and hard to find, along with an expensive mounts. It used AACs 90t System which is suppose to be an upgrade to their 51T system. The 90 tooth system hasn't really been pushed to the front because the 51 tooth systems are still selling very well. I personally don't trust the mounts because of the wobble issues, not everyone has trouble with the mounts but enough people do that you can find hundreds of posts about fixes and ways to minimize the wobble. I want a solid lock up and I don't want to have to modify the mount to do it.

It is hard to make a recommendation from that list because they are sort of all over the place. Do you want something very versatile? If so, I would either get the spec war or look again at the Saker if you are just running it on in AR for now because they will work fine on anything else in the future. If you're running it on an AR 15, the titaniumsuppressor may not be the best option if you're going to be running high rates of fire through it at times. If you're shooting slow and want to run on a precision rifle for weight savings, the titanium suppressor is worth looking at.

While I would recommend finding a local shop that has what you want in stock to cut down on the additional form three wait time, I would also recommend not compromising on what you want. The NFA game isn't cheap and it isn't quick, and for those reasons I would get exactly what you want so you don't feel like you wasted the time and money and need to get something else that you should've gotten the first time

VIPER 237
27 October 2014, 08:04
If you're not going to worry about getting a 7.62 rifle in the future, and weight is a concern then I'd stick to a 5.56 can. My overall favorite can is the griffin armament recce 5. It's lightweight, durable, and quiet. Their mounting system Is also rock solid. The Saker is also a good option.

If you are stuck with those choices the specwar is a great can but it is a heavy beast, and the SR7 is a good option as well because of the 90t mount.

Stay away from titanium on semis, they wear faster, are louder, and spark.

rob_s
27 October 2014, 08:06
One thing in favor of hte 7.62 cans, even if you're not planning on buying a 7.62 gun, they also would work on 300 BLK, 7.62x39, 6.8 and 6.5, etc.

Computalotapus
27 October 2014, 09:03
One thing in favor of hte 7.62 cans, even if you're not planning on buying a 7.62 gun, they also would work on 300 BLK, 7.62x39, 6.8 and 6.5, etc.

+1

Former11B
27 October 2014, 09:08
I would get the 7.62 can if you plan on never getting another one. If you only have a 5.56 rifle with no plans for another caliber, like Viper 237 mentioned, get a 5.56 can because they're Lighter and usually cheaper. But I am of the "suppress them all" mentality and don't mind buying more cans as I see fit

UWone77
27 October 2014, 10:00
I have not seen any drop in AAC's quality myself. I think the 762SDN-6 is one of the best cans at that price point in the market. They are frequently on sale and as mentioned, there is a $200 Store credit to buy mounts. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I've had my 762SDN-6 for over 2 years now, I'm pretty satisfied as that's the can I shoot the most.

Credz
27 October 2014, 14:44
Wow thanks for all the comments guys. I really do appreciate it!

I contacted a local gun shop where I bought a previous gun at and he can get the Saker 7.62 in for 880 plus tax and NFA transfer fee, which his is $50. So Total with everything it would be roughly $983 for the Saker plus the stamp then. The Saker was the one I had my hopes up for. I understand the wait will be longer but he has none in stock as it is and is a lot closer than the other shop, which I have no problem going back to he was awesome. I really cant find any other shop in my area that has any in stock. I might keep looking and reaching out to closer shops and see but I'm wanting the Saker. I will go with the 7.62 Saker if I can so I can get the 556 mount for more suppression. There are just so many choices out there lol. I'm still a little torn cause of the extra wait time if I go the Saker route. My next choice might be the AAC SR-7 maybe.

I do want to get the trust set up first so Im trying to find a local lawyer that is willing to help me out on that for a decent price.

JonQ
27 October 2014, 17:27
I recently got my SDN 762. It mounts solid on my rifle, it absolutely quiet on my 300 Blackout SBR with the 220 gr remington subsonics (other than the action cycling. So that would be my pick of the ones on your list.

Credz
27 October 2014, 23:44
Thanks JonQ. Seems like no matter what I choose I can't go wrong I guess. I almost narrowed it down to the Saker 7.62 (if I want to wait extra time), SDN-6 or the SR-7. That Phantom Ti still catches my eye but I rather have more durability.

Sak007
28 October 2014, 01:19
I got my Saker 7.62 a couple weeks ago and really impressed . Ive been running it on a 7in 5.56 a 14.5 6.8spc & a 24in 308

Credz
28 October 2014, 02:59
Awesome! I think I may go the Saker route and just deal with the extra wait time it takes. I did ask a few other shops what they had instock as well to see if they had it but we will see I guess :)

Like I mentioned I do want to get the trust started before I move forward so i know how much money I have left to put towards it but I think the Saker is still a go if so.

rob_s
28 October 2014, 05:48
I'm curious about the durability thing I see come up with many can-buyers...

How is this measured, and how is that measurement applied to one's actual use?

I suppose the irony is that the perceived tradeoff of "durable" is light weight,and that those who might actually need increased lifespan are also those that are likely to benefit from the reduced weight.

for the VAST majority of can buyers they buy the can, do a few round dumps when it shows up, realize it is heavier than they thought, louder than they thought, dirtier than they thought, and hotter than they thought, and stick the whole thing back in the safe until they decide to trot it out to impress someone on the range.

There are a VERY few people that shoot/train with a can on the gun all the time, and I know of several that have Ti cans that they haven't had issue with. Then there are another VERY few that hunt with the can (where legal) wherein I suppose the added weight/length/bulk/heat/etc. aren't a big deal.

xAZxE30x
28 October 2014, 09:58
Wow thanks for all the comments guys. I really do appreciate it!

I contacted a local gun shop where I bought a previous gun at and he can get the Saker 7.62 in for 880 plus tax and NFA transfer fee, which his is $50. So Total with everything it would be roughly $983 for the Saker plus the stamp then. The Saker was the one I had my hopes up for. I understand the wait will be longer but he has none in stock as it is and is a lot closer than the other shop, which I have no problem going back to he was awesome. I really cant find any other shop in my area that has any in stock. I might keep looking and reaching out to closer shops and see but I'm wanting the Saker. I will go with the 7.62 Saker if I can so I can get the 556 mount for more suppression. There are just so many choices out there lol. I'm still a little torn cause of the extra wait time if I go the Saker route. My next choice might be the AAC SR-7 maybe.

I do want to get the trust set up first so Im trying to find a local lawyer that is willing to help me out on that for a decent price.

Check out Mr Silencer. THey are running a deal right for a trust and a discount on a suppressor (i beleive, just barely caught something about it online) look him up on facebook for the info

UWone77
28 October 2014, 10:51
for the VAST majority of can buyers they buy the can, do a few round dumps when it shows up, realize it is heavier than they thought, louder than they thought, dirtier than they thought, and hotter than they thought, and stick the whole thing back in the safe until they decide to trot it out to impress someone on the range.

This pretty much sums up 90% of people I know that own a can.

I try to keep the suppressors I have on dedicated host guns.

harm
28 October 2014, 10:59
With suppressors having experience with them first is worth all the trouble.

I was lucky to have great friends before I bought my first suppressors. So I got to try everything from rimfire to 308 suppressed. I got to try supersonic ammo, sub sonic and everything in between.

I agree having a dedicated host is a good call & will likely be going that route for my 300blk builds.

Extra money for Titanium suppressors & loss of weight is worth it.

If you are in Arizona hook up w those of us who go, have gone, or are going out w Merchant Firearms, Mr Silencer or others for Class 3 shoots to try the gear first.

Gaspipeshooter
28 October 2014, 11:33

That is my plan. Seems like a real pain in the ass to swap them around to a bunch of different guns and have to re-zero do to POI shift?

gatordev
28 October 2014, 11:55

It can also depend on what the host is. I stayed away from a Ti can because I knew it would run on a) a 10.3 SBR and b) it wasn't covered under any kind of warranty if shot on something that short. I compared that to the other offerings and went with another option (that also has top notch support should something bad happen).

I also find it depends on how I run the gun. That 10.3" gun almost always wears the can. This weekend I ran it in a competition but didn't run all the stages with it on because I didn't want to burn my leg on transitions. That's not the can's fault, I just wasn't completely comfortable with my sling set up, but that can be remedied with some more practice. I'll probably run it again next month but with the can on the whole time. 'Cause why not?

gatordev
28 October 2014, 12:00
That is my plan. Seems like a real pain in the ass to swap them around to a bunch of different guns and have to re-zero do to POI shift?

I think it really depends on how you shoot and the mounting setup. I'm not trying to say "my setup" is better than another manufacturers, but here's what I find with how POI shift has affected me so far:

-In the competition I mentioned, one stage had us engaging steel targets from 100 out to 200 yards. This was one of the stages I ran my can on and had zero issues hitting the targets. At 50 yards, that gun will shoot ~1" low with the can on, to give you an idea of the POI. Yes, the steel targets were man sized, but I've been able to shoot my smaller "mini-IPSC" steel target at 200 just fine (assuming I can see it behind the dot).

-For close up work, the POI shift is barely even worth bringing up.

-For my two precision rigs, I have I currently have them zeroed unsuppressed, but I have the adjustment needed to rezero them when I put the can on. Because the POI is repeatable, it's not really an issue, I just have it in my log.

I understand thsi may not work for all setups, but minimal POI shift was a priority for me, so that was an area I focused on for my purchase decision. I've been very happy with the decision.

Former11B
28 October 2014, 12:40

There are a VERY few people that shoot/train with a can on the gun all the time, and I know of several that have Ti cans that they haven't had issue with. Then there are another VERY few that hunt with the can (where legal) wherein I suppose the added weight/length/bulk/heat/etc. aren't a big deal.

I can't imagine buying a suppressor, multiple suppressors even, and not using them as much as possible. The only time I DONT shoot suppressed is with my .45s (no .45 can yet) and revolvers.

Everything else I shoot suppressed unless trying out a new handload for the first time. Range shooting, hunting, or just walking the property... it's suppressed

Credz
28 October 2014, 14:09
Thanks all for the input. I definitely plan on using the suppressor everytime I shoot the gun.

I Just need to do some more thinking how I want to approach the trust. The one local lawyer has told me he'd do it for $500 and one that is 90 Minutes away says $389. So I think the cost of gas and time spent traveling equal out. I'm just torn if I should go with a online trust since a lot of people do that and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions? I have tried to contact the sheriff but he hasn't got back to me on if he would sign or not. Plus I feel the trust is good for me since I can let my family and fiance use the items.

UWone77
28 October 2014, 14:12
Thanks all for the input. I definitely plan on using the suppressor everytime I shoot the gun.

I Just need to do some more thinking how I want to approach the trust. The one local lawyer has told me he'd do it for $500 and one that is 90 Minutes away says $389. So I think the cost of gas and time spent traveling equal out. I'm just torn if I should go with a online trust since a lot of people do that and haven't had any issues. Any suggestions? I have tried to contact the sheriff but he hasn't got back to me on if he would sign or not. Plus I feel the trust is good for me since I can let my family and fiance use the items.

Spend some time calling Coyote Rifleworks. I hear they are good people and spend a lot of time going over your questions.

mustangfreek
28 October 2014, 14:14
Im trolling this thread as i am this close to starting my nfa route..but reading up, digging change out of the pockets-cause this is gonna cost some $$..as no one can have just one..lol

All good info..

let me sidetrack a little..How come no 22 can first?

As im looking at a spectre 2 and the 556-sd...My neck of the woods, got a quote for $315 and $560 OTD for those 2 cans..from looking around these prices seem decent/good..

Credz
28 October 2014, 14:47
I did send a message to Coyote Rifleworks and they responded really quick and even offered to do edits for me after the fact if I was unsure how to do it for a small $5 fee. I'm considering them though I want to reach again to them.

Well I do not have a 22 lol. All I have is a AR15 and a 9mm S&W currently. I do want to expand and get a S&W Pro CORE pistol at some point and a suppressor for that as well which if funds allowed get a 762 and 9mm suppressor. Depending on what trust route I go.

Ride4frnt
28 October 2014, 15:04
Im trolling this thread as i am this close to starting my nfa route..but reading up, digging change out of the pockets-cause this is gonna cost some $$..as no one can have jus tone..lol

All good info..

let me sidetrack a little..How come no 22 can first?

As im looking at a spectre 2 and the 556-sd...My neck of the woods, got a quote for $315 and $560 OTD for those 2 cans..from looking around these prices seem decent/good..

Silencer shop has a $99 spectre if you buy the SDN I believe

Gaspipeshooter
28 October 2014, 17:23
I did send a message to Coyote Rifleworks and they responded really quick and even offered to do edits for me after the fact if I was unsure how to do it for a small $5 fee. I'm considering them though I want to reach again to them.

Well I do not have a 22 lol. All I have is a AR15 and a 9mm S&W currently. I do want to expand and get a S&W Pro CORE pistol at some point and a suppressor for that as well which if funds allowed get a 762 and 9mm suppressor. Depending on what trust route I go.

I had Coyote Rifleworks do my trust and am very satisfied. I spoke with Eric at length, and he answered all my questions. I had him do a revision after the original and it was done literally in minutes. They donated 10 trusts to the Stickman 100k giveaway.

mustangfreek
29 October 2014, 01:37
Silencer shop has a $99 spectre if you buy the SDN I believe

Not the sdn-6, its the specwar 762 and the option of the spectre 2 for 99 bux..

the prices i was referring to, he has a sdn-6 en route and said $800 plus tax for that one..Just dont know if i can pull it off..im in a kinda tough situation, and my wants exceed reality for me..lol...Would have to sell a few guns...and i hate that...lol

Credz
29 October 2014, 03:04
Anyone else weigh in on Coyote Rifleworks? My fiance wants me to go the lawyer route which I understand. I want to get the suppressor ordered but want to have my trust atleast in the started process lol especially if I have to wait for a form 3 to clear.

Also any suggestions on a good 9mm suppressor? I keep looking at the Ti-Rant since Silencershop has it on sale. Long as funds allow I'd like to order both but we will see. Don't want to get to crazy.

Gaspipeshooter
29 October 2014, 04:52
Anyone else weigh in on Coyote Rifleworks? My fiance wants me to go the lawyer route which I understand. I want to get the suppressor ordered but want to have my trust atleast in the started process lol especially if I have to wait for a form 3 to clear.

Also any suggestions on a good 9mm suppressor? I keep looking at the Ti-Rant since Silencershop has it on sale. Long as funds allow I'd like to order both but we will see. Don't want to get to crazy.

I would spring for the $95 with Coyote Rifleworks, (or do the lawyer gig), to have the trust in place BEFORE you order the silencer. That way the paperwork is done in the name of the trust and the silencer is automatically an asset of the trust, and you don't have to mess with transferring it later.

rob_s
29 October 2014, 07:20
Here's a can I didn't now existed. Really has my interest piqued as a do-all, provided the .308 can will fit on their .223 mounts. I can't seem to find a picture of their mounts, but they claim to have 5.56 and 7.62 brake and hider mounts.

7" OAL, <13 oz.

http://www.suppressedarmament.com/762-suppressors/reapert.html

VIPER 237
29 October 2014, 08:27

If I don't happen to win one on the giveaway I will be going with them.

The griffin armament revolution 9 imo is the best pistol suppresor out there. The guys at Silencershop have nothing but good to say about it and even in the K configuration it is easy on the ears. I have serial #7 and it's been awesome.

xAZxE30x
29 October 2014, 10:34

I did mine through a lawyer. My buddy did his through an online template. We both have approved NFA items. Mine is much more professional than his but they both got the job done. I think it really only comes down to if you ever come across an issue, which one will hold up better. i like the fact that if i have an issue with anything down the road, i can rope in the attorney that did mine and they can hash it out.

Credz
29 October 2014, 11:13
Thanks guys. I just checked my email and the sheriff got back to me saying to call him to discuss it and he'd sign off. Though my fiance and brother both think the trust is the way to go still for long term.

Former11B
29 October 2014, 15:32
Here's a can I didn't now existed. Really has my interest piqued as a do-all, provided the .308 can will fit on their .223 mounts. I can't seem to find a picture of their mounts, but they claim to have 5.56 and 7.62 brake and hider mounts.

7" OAL, <13 oz.

http://www.suppressedarmament.com/762-suppressors/reapert.html

SAS cans are a well kept secret. I know a guy who runs one on an AR10 and it sounds great

Credz
29 October 2014, 16:30
I would spring for the $95 with Coyote Rifleworks, (or do the lawyer gig), to have the trust in place BEFORE you order the silencer. That way the paperwork is done in the name of the trust and the silencer is automatically an asset of the trust, and you don't have to mess with transferring it later.

Does it matter if I order it through the gun shop? I mean I will have the trust in time for when the suppressors arrive since the shop will still need to do a form 3 and have their wait time right?

Also anyone use Silencershops trust? I didnt realize you could have them do literally everything lol

toolboxluis00200
29 October 2014, 17:38
this is what i did i got a trust first then i got a .22lr suppressor now i am saving money to get maybe a .30cal or a 5.56 suppressor

if i get the 30cal can that will cover from 308 down to .22lr
if i get the 5.56 can that will cover all 22 cal bullets

Credz
30 October 2014, 02:51
Nice! I definitely want to get the trust done first like you. I'm in contact with another lawyer who got back to me. Once I find out what he charges hopefully I can move forward with it. I'm just so up in the air on doing a online trust vs a lawyer trust. If the price for the lawyer is good then I will go that route. Silencershop assured me their trust is definitely viable in Pennsylvania so that is good if I go that route too.

I want to get the Saker 762 so I have a good multi-caliber suppressor if I ever get a 300 or what not. Now Im research pistol suppressors lol. My fiance tells me just to get both right away since the wait will be so long haha. Got to love her.

mustangfreek
30 October 2014, 04:13
I have also "heard" good things about the 199 trust, which i believe is $80 bux right now. Again heard thru the forums and such, no first hand experience.

http://199trust.com/#sthash.QKh8OVmR.dpbs

Gaspipeshooter
30 October 2014, 05:34
Does it matter if I order it through the gun shop? I mean I will have the trust in time for when the suppressors arrive since the shop will still need to do a form 3 and have their wait time right?

Also anyone use Silencershops trust? I didnt realize you could have them do literally everything lol

If you buy the silencer, you have to do the form at the time of purchase; this means that whatever legal entity is buying the silencer, (you or the trust), will be who is listed as the owner of the item and the stamp. Better to do the trust beforehand so the original transfer from dealer is directly to the trust. Otherwise, my understanding is if the original stamp is issued in your name, you will have to pay another $200 for a new stamp to transfer ownership of the item to the trust, since the trust is considered a separate legal entity.

Coyote Rifleworks, as of mid-August, had done 500 trusts. I think mine was like #509. They are currently running a special for $85 to do them, good through tomorrow, with the coupon code "IMPACT".

Most importantly, this is a quote from Eric at Coyote Rifleworks on why they are doing them for the price they do, (this is from August, but they are currently running a deal for the same price):

" Our goal is to get as many people involved in NFA ownership as possible. The more people who are owners, the stronger we all stand if there is ever a threat to change or remove our rights of ownership. Our Trust is only $95, and in celebration of the creation of our 500th Trust, we are running a promotion on them until the end of the month for only $85. We always respond to emails, and answer calls 7 days a week 9 am to 9 pm. All Trusts are created and delivered the same day."

cagekicker204
30 October 2014, 07:15
I had a lawyer set up my trust it was a little expensive but it made my wife have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the whole NFA thing. I was in the same boat wanted a can and knew nothing about them. Went to a local dealer who had a decent inventory of AAC and Silencerco, he let me test fire a couple and I chose the AAC 762-SDN - 6. I felt it was the best value for my money and I would get the most use out of it. I am waiting for it but the trust did let me efile a form 1 and that was worth the expense because now I have a nice little SBR waiting for its can after waiting a little over a month for the approved Form 1. That being said I would not hesitate to use the Coyote Rifle works trust and after our yearly qualifications at work Wednesday that is where I directed a few of my buddy's who decided they wanted a short rifle.

rob_s
30 October 2014, 07:45
I did the lawyer trust thing too. Lawyer also happens to be CIII delaer, so that helps. No wife, just made me feel better about the whole thing. The trust "loophole" is something that's under a lot of scrutiny on and off, and I wanted it done right, custom for my situation, not cookie-cuttered out by some gunshop. No beef with those that are OK with that, but in the grand scheme of crap I have owned by the trust, the $200-300 difference is pennies in a bucket.

If I was that worried about the dollars, I'd skip the trust altogether and do it under my own name.

Kopis
30 October 2014, 08:23
SAS cans are a well kept secret. I know a guy who runs one on an AR10 and it sounds great

you mean how it doesnt sound?

Former11B
30 October 2014, 10:28
this is what i did i got a trust first then i got a .22lr suppressor now i am saving money to get maybe a .30cal or a 5.56 suppressor

if i get the 30cal can that will cover from 308 down to .22lr
if i get the 5.56 can that will cover all 22 cal bullets

I recommend highly against shooting .22lr through a sealed centerfire rifle can. You have no way to clean out the built up lead that .22lr leaves behind. Five, ten, even a hundred rounds won't make that much difference but after a thousand or more your can is going to get heavier and the sound attenuation will decrease as it fills with lead.

Credz
31 October 2014, 02:17
Talked to the one Lawyer last night. He wants to charge $500. Then additional $250 if I allow him to be a Co-Trustee since he owns his own class 3 business and said I could have him re-sell my stuff If I wanted and if go with him on the trust he will do all paper work for free and all that jazz. He seemed like a nice guy but I don't think so since he is 3+ hours away, He kept inviting me to come down to his place and go shoot at his facility. He said he mostly caters to Doctors and stuff that want to be fully catered to so thats why he does all this extra stuff.

I'm going to call the local lawyer in my area to talk to him. He charges $500 he told me via email but need to setup a appointment. I just want to get the trust done cause the more I look at this stuff the more anxious I get lol :). I still keep leaning towards Coyote Rifleworks or Silencer Shops trust but we will see how the talk with the lawyer goes first.

Sak007
31 October 2014, 04:03
My dealer set up a trust for free is this not standard ?

xAZxE30x
31 October 2014, 06:53
Talked to the one Lawyer last night. He wants to charge $500. Then additional $250 if I allow him to be a Co-Trustee since he owns his own class 3 business and said I could have him re-sell my stuff If I wanted and if go with him on the trust he will do all paper work for free and all that jazz. He seemed like a nice guy but I don't think so since he is 3+ hours away, He kept inviting me to come down to his place and go shoot at his facility. He said he mostly caters to Doctors and stuff that want to be fully catered to so thats why he does all this extra stuff.

I'm going to call the local lawyer in my area to talk to him. He charges $500 he told me via email but need to setup a appointment. I just want to get the trust done cause the more I look at this stuff the more anxious I get lol :). I still keep leaning towards Coyote Rifleworks or Silencer Shops trust but we will see how the talk with the lawyer goes first.

I wouldn't put him on the trust. Is that just me?? I haven't heard or seen that done before

Gaspipeshooter
31 October 2014, 10:03
I wouldn't put him on the trust. Is that just me?? I haven't heard or seen that done before

NOPE!!! Alarm bells going off in my head!

toolboxluis00200
31 October 2014, 11:16
I recommend highly against shooting .22lr through a sealed centerfire rifle can. You have no way to clean out the built up lead that .22lr leaves behind. Five, ten, even a hundred rounds won't make that much difference but after a thousand or more your can is going to get heavier and the sound attenuation will decrease as it fills with lead.

yes i know but i was think worst case scenario if some thing happens to my .22lr suppressor

toolboxluis00200
31 October 2014, 11:18

not ever body dose that

toolboxluis00200
31 October 2014, 11:19

look around that sound more like if any thing happens to you he gets to keep all your stuff that is under your trust

xAZxE30x
31 October 2014, 11:23
look around that sound more like if any thing happens to you he gets to keep all your stuff that is under your trust

Lol exactly. The dude is probably set to inherit plenty when people start droppin! Seems very fishy

UWone77
31 October 2014, 12:02

Why in the world would you allow him to be on the trust? You're perfectly capable to reselling your NFA items (although it's usually not worth it and you'd be taking a huge hit as the market for used NFA items suck) But he's allowing you to "let" him be on the trust for another $250? Run... Run far far away.

I've looked at the Coyote Rifleworks Trust, I'd also consider them like I mentioned before. Or at least give them a call and explain your concerns.

markm
31 October 2014, 12:24
It sounds like a good idea to me. PLUS... you're paying him extra. I say... GO FOR IT!!

markm
31 October 2014, 12:26

We have a few dealers in AZ that do this. Just don't make the dealer a co-Trustee! ;)

Sak007
31 October 2014, 13:53
My trust states that upon my death I will be cremated loaded into lead ammo and fired through my suppressor in an sbr off the Golden Gate Bridge through a Prius and a rainbow to finally wind up in a Ca condor .

Credz
31 October 2014, 16:17
Yeah Im not doing that lawyer, no worries guys! I've chatted with Coyote Rifleworks on Facebook and in email today and I've decided to go with them. GOing to fill out the form tonight and hopefully get it back next week to get notarized and go thru silencer shop to get my first NFA item :)

Sak007
31 October 2014, 17:53
Congrats it's like loosing your virginity a special time in your life . I had too wait 33 years to move from commiefornia to live my stamp collector dreams . You aren't in Wa by chance ?

Credz
31 October 2014, 20:28
Haha :). No Im from Pennsylvania.

Credz
1 November 2014, 06:31
Got my trust from Coyote Rifleworks and I must say it is well written and definitely worth the money. Got it within 6 hours, but the file was corrupted and I contacted Eric right away in the morning and he got back to me promptly and sent me a new file and everything is good! :) Very happy with the service. Now I just need to get it notarized by everyone lol.

Gaspipeshooter
3 November 2014, 03:33
Got my trust from Coyote Rifleworks and I must say it is well written and definitely worth the money. Got it within 6 hours, but the file was corrupted and I contacted Eric right away in the morning and he got back to me promptly and sent me a new file and everything is good! :) Very happy with the service. Now I just need to get it notarized by everyone lol.

Well done! Have you made a final decision on your first NFA purchase?

UWone77
3 November 2014, 09:37
We have a few dealers in AZ that do this. Just don't make the dealer a co-Trustee! ;)

I personally wouldn't touch a trust from a gun store. They are there to sell you NFA items, not provide legal documents. Who made the trust and are they going to represent you if the trust is deemed invalid later?

markm
3 November 2014, 10:37
I personally wouldn't touch a trust from a gun store. They are there to sell you NFA items, not provide legal documents. Who made the trust and are they going to represent you if the trust is deemed invalid later?

I wouldn't put any "real" assets in a gun store trust. But to get a few stamps on some cans and a few SBRs? I don't care. I don't realistically see a scenario where the trust, which has already been reviewed by the examiner or whatever, would be scrutinized again.

rob_s
3 November 2014, 12:51
I wouldn't put any "real" assets in a gun store trust. But to get a few stamps on some cans and a few SBRs? I don't care. I don't realistically see a scenario where the trust, which has already been reviewed by the examiner or whatever, would be scrutinized again.

Death of the trustee? Moving to another state? Any other changes in life situation?

Some people may not care about these things, others might, but either way they're things to consider.

Also, at the point of a couple of cans and a couple of SBRs you're talking about $4k+ potentially worth of assets that the trust owns. Makes that $200-300 initial price difference seem much less than some make it out to be.

UWone77
3 November 2014, 12:59
Death of the trustee? Moving to another state? Any other changes in life situation?

Some people may not care about these things, others might, but either way they're things to consider.

Also, at the point of a couple of cans and a couple of SBRs you're talking about $4k+ potentially worth of assets that the trust owns. Makes that $200-300 initial price difference seem much less than some make it out to be.

This.

I have almost 20 stamps. I'm not going to use the gun store trust with "insert your name here"

Your experiences may vary.

Credz
3 November 2014, 17:02
Well done! Have you made a final decision on your first NFA purchase?

I'm pretty set on the Saker 7.62 once I finish getting it notarized this Friday :) Hopefully haha.