PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday is Coming

Pyzik
29 October 2014, 11:23
Anyone else trying desperately to hold of on parts till then?

It's a battle I struggle with on a daily basis. Recently got a bonus from work and am applying it toward my pistol build.
As always, I am trying to maximize my parts per dollar. With Black Friday so close I am trying to wait, but it's difficult.

Gaspipeshooter
29 October 2014, 11:32

It's a battle I struggle with on a daily basis. Recently got a bonus from work and am applying it toward my pistol build.
As always, I am trying to maximize my parts per dollar. With Black Friday so close I am trying to wait, but it's difficult.

Just keep telling yourself the quality and quantity of parts you'll be able to afford will both increase. That should help...

castiel
29 October 2014, 11:34
I'm trying to hold off but I keep putting parts in my shopping cart on various sites and forcing myself to close the tab before I actually buy anything. I need a barrel, handguard, gas block, muzzle device, and sights to finish my pistol build

Ride4frnt
29 October 2014, 11:40
I too am waiting for the Black Friday sales. My pistol is a barrel, muzzle device, trigger and grip away from completion.

Also need 77gr bullets and a single stage press.

Pyzik
29 October 2014, 11:43
Looks like many of us are in the same boat. Trying to finish a pistol build here too.

skijunkie55
29 October 2014, 11:50
If only NFA tax stamps were part of black friday sales :'(

My future MK18 SBR and Surefire can have to wait till after Christmas. Bah humbug!

toolboxluis00200
29 October 2014, 11:56
i don't do black Fridays

Computalotapus
29 October 2014, 12:02
Yep I got a laundry list of stuff to be looking for on black Friday..... and its is a very loooooong list 2 maybe 3 builds worth of stuff

Ride4frnt
29 October 2014, 12:15
Yep I got a laundry list of stuff to be looking for on black Friday..... and its is a very loooooong list 2 maybe 3 builds worth of stuff

Lucky. This pistol will likely be my last (barring any upper builds) til I move from Maryland. Although I could do a SBR... Hmm

Pyzik
29 October 2014, 12:19

And here I am struggling with one build. I must be doing it wrong. Haha

Computalotapus
29 October 2014, 12:35

haha I have 3 builds on the board at the house. Builds are as follows: AR-47 build, AR-15 Pistol Build ( .223 ) and a .308 build. I am looking to pick up receiver sets for them all on black Friday if the price is right. After that it will be one build at a time. Maybe I will be finished will all three of them by 2016

2ATA
29 October 2014, 12:38
Nope. Why wait when no one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Thompson
29 October 2014, 12:47
Just keep telling yourself the quality and quantity of parts you'll be able to afford will both increase. That should help...
Hahaha very true.

Here I am trying to start one :P

Stickman
29 October 2014, 14:44
With retailers having sales the entire year, and prices the way they are. It's hard to imagine prices going any lower at this point.

MonkeyBomb
29 October 2014, 14:51
I have a few things I want/need. I may buy a few Christmas presents for myself and let me family give them to me for Christmas. LOL, It's not suspenseful but it is efficient.

GOST
29 October 2014, 15:08
One of the rumored Black Friday products is a case of CCI 22lr from Walmart.

Soisauss
29 October 2014, 20:06
There's currently three torpedo size hole in my ship and it's not even close to black friday.......life of a enthusiast right? fudge.

Lkb513
29 October 2014, 20:18
I'm looking forward to the deals this year. Hopefully I can get all the big stuff for my current build all at once =)

0uTkAsT
29 October 2014, 20:29
My favorite time of year...

And the time of year my wife watches the accounts like a hawk.

camomike
29 October 2014, 20:49
I'm going to score a decent lower for my sisters build,a good BCG. That and a milspec extention tube and we can finally put her build to bed.

RobSWVA
29 October 2014, 23:03
well good luck to all of you on getting your builds further in the near future...with the holidays on the way and x4 kids to think about (mine + gf's), it appears that any further purchases for my build will be after the new year starts :(

mustangfreek
30 October 2014, 04:18
With retailers having sales the entire year, and prices the way they are. It's hard to imagine prices going any lower at this point.

It is hard to imagine, but i suspect some things will drop a little more, still noticing ammo dropping, first time i have seen brass cased 223/556 ammo for under $300 shipped a case- Wolf gold..just yesterday- and before you ask where sgammo and there sold out right now, but 450 more cases on the way..

I wont have much greenbacks to play with, and should probably stay away from the computer that weekend, so the CC doesnt get burned up....lol

Pyzik
30 October 2014, 07:11
Agreed. This is what is making it so hard.
Just found an Aero upper, 10.5 barrel, low pro gas block and tube for $199... I put it in the cart yesterday then told myself to "just wait" haha.

And the time of year my wife watches the accounts like a hawk.
Hahahaha, mine too. That's why I have a secret "Christmas account".

MonkeyBomb
30 October 2014, 07:46
I have to add. I won't be going to any stores on black Friday. Maybe more of a cyber Monday. It is frowned upon to use office Tac gear/Riot gear for shopping ;) Since I can't throw a stinger grenade into a crowd of rabid shoppers I will stick with online shopping.

Pyzik
30 October 2014, 10:31
I have to add. I won't be going to any stores on black Friday. Maybe more of a cyber Monday. It is frowned upon to use office Tac gear/Riot gear for shopping ;) Since I can't throw a stinger grenade into a crowd of rabid shoppers I will stick with online shopping.
For sure. Online is the only way to go. You won't catch me at a store.

Former11B
30 October 2014, 10:35
I too am waiting for the Black Friday sales. My pistol is a barrel, muzzle device, trigger and grip away from completion.

Also need 77gr bullets and a single stage press.

Go Green with the press! RCBS all the way

I'm also waiting to see if the bulk bullets I reload with go on sale. I also want to throw some 175s into my .308 in place of 168s and could use some 69-77gr .223 also.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 10:53
Go Green with the press! RCBS all the way

I'm also waiting to see if the bulk bullets I reload with go on sale. I also want to throw some 175s into my .308 in place of 168s and could use some 69-77gr .223 also.

Yeah, getting a rock chucker kit. We have a Dillon xl650 so the supplies that come with that will mostly be extras, but I want the single stage for working up a few loads here and there, precision loads etc.

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 17:33

Ironically, I took that day off. I too will be ordering parts for my build. Hoping to get a new upper, rail or BCG. Would love to buy a 14.5" barrel. Why is this hobby so expensive?

din
30 October 2014, 20:29
http://dishinwithrebelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/3rw0dy.jpg

Thompson
30 October 2014, 21:59
It is hard to imagine, but i suspect some things will drop a little more, still noticing ammo dropping, first time i have seen brass cased 223/556 ammo for under $300 shipped a case- Wolf gold..just yesterday- and before you ask where sgammo and there sold out right now, but 450 more cases on the way..
[wow] That's quite a deal for brass cased ammo; I've only heard good things about Wolf's brass cased ammo.

RobSWVA
30 October 2014, 23:03
Agreed; people act like complete fools in them stores and I would end up going hillbilly ninja on their nuggets. If I do get a chance to do a bit of buying, even small spending, its definitely a cyber monday kinda thing

Simi-audamadik
31 October 2014, 02:55
You don't really have to wait till Black Friday ya know. Swing over to Primary Arms (https://www.primaryarms.com/) and check out their Holloween Sale. I saw where someone needed a gas block and they've got a Troy low pro for $19.99. Some other good stuff too. They are a great company with excellent customer service. So spend your money now! [:D][:D]

Later!

Simi

Pyzik
31 October 2014, 03:14
You don't really have to wait till Black Friday ya know. Swing over to Primary Arms (https://www.primaryarms.com/) and check out their Holloween Sale. I saw where someone needed a gas block and they've got a Troy low pro for $19.99. Some other good stuff too. They are a great company with excellent customer service. So spend your money now! [:D][:D]

Later!

Simi

I've been watching there. I don't like the pistol upper their offering right now and they don't have a 10.5 barrel.
They're SIG brace deal was pretty good but I missed it.

I would like to order as much as I can from one place to save on shipping (unless what I want has free shipping).

GOST
31 October 2014, 06:32

Later!

Simi

Second on Primary Arms customer service and prices. They have a great deal on both receiver extension kit and stripped A3 upper going on now.

Pyzik
31 October 2014, 06:40
Second on Primary Arms customer service and prices. They have a great deal on both receiver extension kit and stripped A3 upper going on now.

Doh! I thought he said PSA. I hadn't been watching Primary Arms. Going to go check them out now.
Wish that 7.5 was a 10.5 kit.

GOST
31 October 2014, 06:55
Yeah the 7.5 are a little on the brutal side.

Tyrannosaur
31 October 2014, 09:24
i don't do black Fridays

That's racist

GOST
31 October 2014, 09:46
Black Friday does not hold a candle to Cyber Monday.

Simi-audamadik
1 November 2014, 00:04
Another place to keep an eye on is Radical Firearms (http://www.radicalfirearms.com/), especially their FB page. They sometimes do some REALLY good weekly specials that get announced on their FB page and then bump over to their website. The last one I got in on was a couple of weeks back and it was a special on melonited barrels. Picked up an 8.5" 300 blkout and a 7.5" 5.56 for ~200 bucks. Can't tell you anything about the accuracy because everything is still in the build stage, but they do look nice. Just a Public Service Announcement for your spending pleasure. ;)

Later!

Simi

clint224
1 November 2014, 01:01
I've given my wife a small wishlist with some knifes and stuff only thing I asked for my ar was a scope we'll have to see what's on sale come black Friday or Monday but I'm staying on the cheap side this year as I need to get a new vehicle asap

DutyUse
3 November 2014, 08:27

X3.

PA has gone above and beyond helping me on past orders. Great people over there

GOST
5 November 2014, 15:21
BCM says the only way to see their Black Friday specials is to sign up.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/MailingList_subscribe.asp

Pyzik
5 November 2014, 15:38
BCM says the only way to see their Black Friday specials is to sign up.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/MailingList_subscribe.asp
Giggity. Guess I need to sign up

GOST
5 November 2014, 16:00
With as good as BCM's upper deals have been of late, makes you wonder what they have in store for Black Friday.

Simi-audamadik
6 November 2014, 00:10
Just a note...Radical Firearms (https://www.facebook.com/RadicalFirearms) has a one day special going (for the 6th) on 7.5" and 10.5" AR pistols. And their new Spitfire muzzle device is supposed to hit the website on Friday. Rumor has it the intro price will be $99.00.

Later!

Simi

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 03:49
Just a note...Radical Firearms (https://www.facebook.com/RadicalFirearms) has a one day special going (for the 6th) on 7.5" and 10.5" AR pistols. And their new Spitfire muzzle device is supposed to hit the website on Friday. Rumor has it the intro price will be $99.00.

Later!

Simi
Hmm!

With as good as BCM's upper deals have been of late, makes you wonder what they have in store for Black Friday.
Exactly!

GOST
6 November 2014, 17:43
Pyzik you seen this?

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6595-BAD556-LW-Lightweight-7075-T6-Receiver-Set&p=72899#post72899

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 17:48
Pyzik you seen this?

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6595-BAD556-LW-Lightweight-7075-T6-Receiver-Set&p=72899#post72899
Saw it in Facebook. That is a sexy set.

GOST
17 November 2014, 19:01
Here's another mailing list to sign up for.

http://www.centurionarms.com/

DutyUse
18 November 2014, 18:27
I know this is highly unlikely, but any place I should check out for even a small % discount on a Noveske lower on BF?

Gen 3 preferred, but any Generation with a discount and I *might* be able to talk my wife into letting me finish the last piece on our Noveske build :D

UWone77
18 November 2014, 18:31
I know this is highly unlikely, but any place I should check out for even a small % discount on a Noveske lower on BF?

Gen 3 preferred, but any Generation with a discount and I *might* be able to talk my wife into letting me finish the last piece on our Noveske build :D

I can't recall, are you MIL or LE?

DutyUse
18 November 2014, 19:49
I can't recall, are you MIL or LE?

Sooner then later I hope. I'm waiting for a conservation officer position to open up in my zone.

I'm the low man on the totem pole at KDFWR for the moment while I prove my commitment and resolve. So I took what I could out of college in a competitive field and am trying to make a career from there :D

Simi-audamadik
19 November 2014, 22:10
So what's better than a Black Friday sale? A Pre Black Friday Sale at Primary Arms (http://www.primaryarms.com/)!

Later!

Simi

UWone77
19 November 2014, 22:14
Sooner then later I hope. I'm waiting for a conservation officer position to open up in my zone.

I'm the low man on the totem pole at KDFWR for the moment while I prove my commitment and resolve. So I took what I could out of college in a competitive field and am trying to make a career from there :D

Noveske Gen3 receivers are usually not on sale, but I have seen them at times on DSG Arms for a few dollars off. You might want to check there. I know there is more of a discount at both DSG Arms and Rainier on Noveske Receivers if you are LE or MIL.

Also check ROG Tactical, they don't sell lowers, but they are one of the biggest Noveske dealers around for your upper.

UWone77
19 November 2014, 23:17
On a side note about Black Friday... What are you guys hoping is going on sale?

DutyUse
20 November 2014, 00:48
Noveske Gen3 receivers are usually not on sale, but I have seen them at times on DSG Arms for a few dollars off. You might want to check there.

Good call, about 20$ off. Now to justify to my wife why we need yet another lower

GOST
20 November 2014, 01:58
Duty if you're wanting a matching Gen 3 set you may want to email Noveske. They offered to match an upper to my Gen 3 lower for me, they were extremely nice. They gave me the choice of having it matched to a MUR, Gen 1 or Gen 3 upper, the Gen 3 upper was almost the same price as the lower though. If you get a Gen 3 lower and are picky about colors matching, they are a Cerakoted in Armor Black.

GaSwamper
21 November 2014, 17:30
Coyote Rifleworks $ 75 trusts for black Friday. Looks like I have no excuses left.

Dstrbdmedic167
21 November 2014, 18:43
Coyote Rifleworks $ 75 trusts for black Friday. Looks like I have no excuses left.

I thought you already had one. Epically with you and your dad.

DutyUse
21 November 2014, 19:06
Duty if you're wanting a matching Gen 3 set you may want to email Noveske. They offered to match an upper to my Gen 3 lower for me, they were extremely nice. They gave me the choice of having it matched to a MUR, Gen 1 or Gen 3 upper, the Gen 3 upper was almost the same price as the lower though. If you get a Gen 3 lower and are picky about colors matching, they are a Cerakoted in Armor Black.

I really appreciate the heads up, I had heard the cerakote on the gen 3 lowers was a little off compared to the uppers.

I'm going to pull the MUR upper I had planned to use for the WEVO build for this new build. I'm having to wait longer then expected for the engraver so the WEVO is on the back burner.

UWone77
21 November 2014, 19:38
I really appreciate the heads up, I had heard the cerakote on the gen 3 lowers was a little off compared to the uppers.

I'm going to pull the MUR upper I had planned to use for the WEVO build for this new build. I'm having to wait longer then expected for the engraver so the WEVO is on the back burner.

Any particular reason why you want a set of Gen3's? Honestly, I don't think they're worth the money. $600 for a receiver set, any receiver set is steep.

Believe me, I love Noveske stuff, but if you can find even a used Gen II, I think you'll be pleased. Then again, your money ! [:D]

GaSwamper
21 November 2014, 20:00
I thought you already had one. Epically with you and your dad.

Nah, not yet but I'll probly go ahead and make that step next week. And yea he'll be on it, might not know it yet but he will.

DutyUse
21 November 2014, 20:24
Any particular reason why you want a set of Gen3's? Honestly, I don't think they're worth the money. $600 for a receiver set, any receiver set is steep.

Believe me, I love Noveske stuff, but if you can find even a used Gen II, I think you'll be pleased. Then again, your money ! [:D]

Honestly I'd much rather have a gen 2 but their impossible to find. I like the gen 1's but if your going to pay close to 200 for one, might aswell pay another 100