PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Stickman and UW !!!

mustangfreek
30 October 2014, 02:03
First of all this is just not from me , but a handful of us...Not just the giveaway, but since i have first came aboard the site i have been hooked and it has caused massive holes in my wallet...lol....WEVO has become much bigger since i joined and my favorite forum....good bunch of guys here...

So..Thanks stick and UW.. for all you guys have done, even if you say its nothing, I/We know your lying...[BD]..I know there are others involved, but not sure who...Thank you also..

So for the gents involved...I messaged you all today the Super secret squirrel stuff....Cargo is all boxed up and heading to destination A tomorrow, then off to destination B....thanks fellas !!

That is all...[pop]

Oh...and i know something else...but cant say...[:D]

GOST
30 October 2014, 02:06
^i second what he said^

Dstrbdmedic167
30 October 2014, 03:57
Here here. Without the two of you( and others behind the scenes) the forum wouldn't be what it is today and will be tomorrow. Had become one of my favorite places to visit. Like I needed another forum to help me spend my money lol.

Tyrannosaur
30 October 2014, 04:26
Yes thank you to all involved. For me it started by loving sticks reviews and photos and trolling this forum. Now I'm a member and unlike NY forums once again can learn/discuss firearms (even if I can't have them cause they're scary). Thank you for this epic giveaway.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 04:32
Thank you guys again for all you've done! I hope after all this madness you guys finally get to go back to a normal life!

WHSmithIV
30 October 2014, 05:17
Aww crap! Now we have to wait to fine out what you CAN'T say is [:)] !

I 2nd your sentiments though. Since coming on board here I have been astounded and speechless with the quality of people I have found here. I so hope that someday I will get to meet as many of you all in person as possible.

I'm more than willing to help moderate this site and help with or do programming for for it. This is a wonderful site for people to talk together in about a common interest.

I do think that politics and religion need to be kept out of this site. I was a member of a forum that became inundated with both and no longer provided the avenue to discuss the common interest. That was sad to see it go that way.

From my perspective, I believe in the Constitution. I swore an oath that included my life to protect the Constitution. Enough said. This endeth my political discussions.

Woodward
30 October 2014, 08:02
Same here Stickman...I've always enjoyed your site daily some of the most awesome builds I've seen on any site. Great knowledge and companies back you and your team up to make your site one of my Get notifications daily.....Great Job!

camomike
30 October 2014, 08:36
Here here. Thanks for all you do fokks. This is a great thing to be a part of.

UWone77
30 October 2014, 10:00
No, thank you guys. You are the ones that keep the place running.

Best membership around!

Dstrbdmedic167
30 October 2014, 10:04

Best membership around!

You but you tolerate us! That's a lot right there...

Catcher747
30 October 2014, 10:09
Three words: Well. Oiled. Machine!

Can't do it without all the parts. Keep it up!

Pyzik
30 October 2014, 10:42
First of all this is just not from me , but a handful of us...Not just the giveaway, but since i have first came aboard the site i have been hooked and it has caused massive holes in my wallet...lol....WEVO has become much bigger since i joined and my favorite forum....good bunch of guys here...

So..Thanks stick and UW.. for all you guys have done, even if you say its nothing, I/We know your lying...[BD]..I know there are others involved, but not sure who...Thank you also..

So for the gents involved...I messaged you all today the Super secret squirrel stuff....Cargo is all boxed up and heading to destination A tomorrow, then off to destination B....thanks fellas !!

That is all...[pop]

x2.

Thank you Stick, UWone and the others behind the curtains.

There is only one other site I spend more time at than this one and that's only cause I am VP of the org.
This is a great community.

...And I can't forget MustangFreak. Thanks for stepping up and doing what you did.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 10:50
Yeah, big thanks to MF doing this for us. Hopefully these gifts will make up for the amount of time and money you guys have put into this.

ddearmon2010
30 October 2014, 11:45

That is all...[pop]

my sentiments exactly.... these guys have gone above and beyond... I'm do glad I found this forum.... my first build is going to be amazing compared to the train wreck it was headed for. Thanks to you to MF.

voodoo_man
30 October 2014, 11:51
Yep, good dudes need to be recognized.

jymbeux
30 October 2014, 12:38
I don't post as much as I should (I've been working on collecting more reloading data that I will be a sharing) but I'd also like to break from lurking and say thanks! The information shared on this forum helped a ton with both of my builds. I can honestly say that my half moa build would not be as accurate as it is if it weren't for you guys!

Farva
30 October 2014, 12:57
Yep, good dudes need to be recognized.

I second this. It's my opinion that good quality people are hard to come by now days. It's nice to have a place where they all come together.

FortTom
30 October 2014, 14:05

Best membership around!

Are we going to sit around and sing Kumbaya and sync our "mensies" or are we gonna build some kick ass guns and go shoot.....

Just kidding, thanks for everything

Dstrbdmedic167
30 October 2014, 14:46
Are we going to sit around and sing Kumbaya and sync our "mensies" or are we gonna build some kick ass guns and go shoot.....

If you'd hurry up and finish that WLV upper we might could go shoot! 😜

DutyUse
30 October 2014, 15:32

I literally lol'd at this.

Thanks again Stick, UW and all the great folks here at WEVO

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 17:00

Man whats with the secret squirell poop?

Anywho. Thanks Stick and UW. This forum is by far the best I am in.

FortTom
30 October 2014, 17:15
Man whats with the secret squirell poop?

Anywho. Thanks Stick and UW. This forum is by far the best I am in.

If he told you, you'd have to be shipped over to ISIS for a good old fashioned beheading.....

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 17:18

If you'd hurry up and finish that WLV upper we might could go shoot! 😜

DAAAAAAAAAAANG. he told you.

edited because original post didnt make sense unless you read posts above this

Dstrbdmedic167
30 October 2014, 17:19
DAAAAAAAAAAANG. he told you.

???

Edit: Carnage finally made sense....

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 17:20
If he told you, you'd have to be shipped over to ISIS for a good old fashioned beheading.....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/typeg83/funnays/smileys/UnamusedShiftyEyes.gif (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/typeg83/media/funnays/smileys/UnamusedShiftyEyes.gif.html)

damn. and i like my head.

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 17:23
fixed my original post for you.

Soisauss
30 October 2014, 18:17
A community is a community worth cherishing if we all come together and show respect and helping hands. No matter how big or small, any act of kindness are commendable. If the world see it as we do, it'd be a better place.

This forum is definitely a worthy community on its own and we make sure to treat each other right, newb or not. To stick, UW and a admins whom made this forum what it is, good job and we WEVO grunts thank you for all your energy and work.!!

Mustangfreak, no hay for you still...back to the barn :p :p

FortTom
30 October 2014, 18:30
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/typeg83/funnays/smileys/UnamusedShiftyEyes.gif (http://s11.photobucket.com/user/typeg83/media/funnays/smileys/UnamusedShiftyEyes.gif.html)

damn. and i like my head.

Uhhhhh.....yeah, I'm going to leave that one alone.....

nCarnage
30 October 2014, 18:43
Uhhhhh.....yeah, I'm going to leave that one alone.....

After reading it out loud, my wife looked at me all funny. Even I had a hard time to explain it. And I was laughing the whole time since I'm sure everyone is having different definitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson
30 October 2014, 22:07
A little late to the party - but yes, a big thanks to Stick and UW!! You guys (and your photos) are great! I can only hope to get on your level one day!

You but you tolerate us! That's a lot right there...
***Moreso just GOST [BD] (just messin with ya haha)

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 22:12
A little late to the party - but yes, a big thanks to Stick and UW!! You guys (and your photos) are great! I can only hope to get on your level one day!

***Moreso just GOST [BD] (just messin with ya haha)

I don't know how they tolerate many of us sometimes. We all can be a little kooky at times, but we have a fun time here I feel. I've all but stopped visiting the other forums because the info and quality of members here are so high!

I have to give it to UW as well. If I had to deal with the morons that message him bitching about FREE giveaways I'd lose my cool.

Thompson
30 October 2014, 22:16
I don't know how they tolerate many of us sometimes. We all can be a little kooky at times, but we have a fun time here I feel. I've all but stopped visiting the other forums because the info and quality of members here are so high!

I have to give it to UW as well. If I had to deal with the morons that message him bitching about FREE giveaways I'd lose my cool.
Haven't really delved much into other forums, but from what folks are saying, it seems as if others aren't as laid back as ours can be at times.

Tell me about it. I bet he'll be so happy to have his inbox somewhat-not-really go back to 0 PM's after the giveaway is over - which by the way, seems like there's no end in sight! I never realized Stick got THAT much stuff; I bet he probably has enough to be Santa this Christmas.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 22:39
Haven't really delved much into other forums, but from what folks are saying, it seems as if others aren't as laid back as ours can be at times.

Tell me about it. I bet he'll be so happy to have his inbox somewhat-not-really go back to 0 PM's after the giveaway is over - which by the way, seems like there's no end in sight! I never realized Stick got THAT much stuff; I bet he probably has enough to be Santa this Christmas.

The big thing about this forum as compared to the others... No politics or religion. When those two come up, the discussion goes downhill, and members true colors start to show. The other difference is the tolerance the members here have. A lot of members on other sites will laugh and call you a n00b if you don't have a clue what BCG is, for example. There are a lot of new guys here with a lot of questions. They've all been answered politely without the least bit of smartassery or discrimination. Everyone was new to these weapons at one time, and I think all the members here remember when they were new as well, and treat those new members with the respect they deserve. That's why I like the way UW and his staff run this place. Everything a weapons forum should be and nothing it shouldn't.

RobSWVA
30 October 2014, 22:58
Agreed! It isn't like Stickman, UWone77 and others behind the scenes HAVE to do these great giveaways. They not only go to the max for all the old and new members of WEVO by having giveaway events like this and others passed, but generate a really great forum environment by the people they bring in and the people they keep around due to said forum environment. Kudos to you guys (and your wives, 'cause we know they been suffering from neglect w/ all this going on).

UWone77
1 November 2014, 00:14
You guys are too much.

I appreciate the gesture a dozen of you put together. I really got a kick out of the WEVO Shirt. I'm going to have to see if this can be a regular item.

Anyhow, I thank you guys. The challenge coins and patches were also a nice touch.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2526_zps43fc1e72.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2526_zps43fc1e72.jpg.html)

Dstrbdmedic167
1 November 2014, 02:01
Glad to hear you like it. Also really glad you like the shirt. Didn't have a good file of the WEVO logo so I used that one.

Enjoy that giftcard brother! Hope the wife does too..

Computalotapus
1 November 2014, 05:56
That short tho
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Pyzik
1 November 2014, 07:12
:D

Glad you like it

Ride4frnt
1 November 2014, 08:07
Glad you like it UW. It's not free rifle parts but it's the least we could do for putting up with our antics. Hope you and your wife get to go enjoy a night on the town!

And I would definitely buy the tshirt.

camomike
1 November 2014, 11:46
Happy to do it. You've more than made this place welcoming for the lot of us. I/we really appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes, even if we bust your chops about it.

jslayer5
1 November 2014, 12:10
The big thing about this forum as compared to the others... No politics or religion. When those two come up, the discussion goes downhill, and members true colors start to show. The other difference is the tolerance the members here have. A lot of members on other sites will laugh and call you a n00b if you don't have a clue what BCG is, for example. There are a lot of new guys here with a lot of questions. They've all been answered politely without the least bit of smartassery or discrimination. Everyone was new to these weapons at one time, and I think all the members here remember when they were new as well, and treat those new members with the respect they deserve. That's why I like the way UW and his staff run this place. Everything a weapons forum should be and nothing it shouldn't.

I'm one of those new guys, Ride4frnt and that is what I've seen. I have been looking to start my first build for a while now (trying to save and research). I've learned more from the short time here than anywhere else. Also, the way everyone is willing to help each other out is awesome. The amount of work all those running the giveaway put into all of this in addition to their "normal" jobs is awesome too. Thank you for all the work and being willing to do all it takes to keep this forum and giveaway going.

Chewy
1 November 2014, 14:58
Cool gift guys. A+ to those who contribute and run things. Wish I could get on here more often - so damn busy during the day. (and split my time among the several forums I frequent)

FortTom
1 November 2014, 15:14
The big thing about this forum as compared to the others... No politics or religion. When those two come up, the discussion goes downhill,.........

Oh yeah? Did you know the Pope votes Republican?.......Noob! O.k. I just couldn't help myself... so much for the lack of "smartassery"....... [:D]

Ride4frnt
1 November 2014, 15:49
Oh yeah? Did you know the Pope votes Republican?.......Noob! O.k. I just couldn't help myself... so much for the lack of "smartassery"....... [:D]
Youre the exception to the rule. Wouldnt have ya any other way.

GaSwamper
1 November 2014, 16:50
Like the Wevo shirt, looks great. Medic is that some of your handiwork? Glad to see you guys pitched in for UW, the giveaway has been a spectacular event. A big salute to UW and Stick for a lot of hard work to put this together for everyone.

Dstrbdmedic167
1 November 2014, 16:51
Like the Wevo shirt, looks great. Medic is that some of your handiwork? Glad to see you guys pitched in for UW, the giveaway has been a spectacular event. A big salute to UW and Stick for a lot of hard work to put this together for everyone.

They are you know me and shirts... Lol

SwissyJim
1 November 2014, 16:53
Nicely done guys!

Thompson
1 November 2014, 17:19
Wow - fantastic job on the shirts guys - love that little swag pack you guys got for UW

nCarnage
1 November 2014, 19:17
You guys are too much.

I appreciate the gesture a dozen of you put together. I really got a kick out of the WEVO Shirt. I'm going to have to see if this can be a regular item.

Anyhow, I thank you guys. The challenge coins and patches were also a nice touch.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2526_zps43fc1e72.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2526_zps43fc1e72.jpg.html)

Glad you like it brother. As always, stay safe and thanks

UWone77
1 November 2014, 19:31
I'm not sure which one of you guys works for Philly... but you have very cool patches. I'm going to PIF it to a patch collector on my dept.

SwissyJim
1 November 2014, 19:47
if I had known, I'd have thrown in some lowly FD patch for you to burn in effigy... you know, jealous of our pajamas and hot groupies and all...

[:D]

seriously, nice job guys!

Ride4frnt
1 November 2014, 20:39
Glad you guys like the gift!

Stickman
9 November 2014, 10:21
Thanks guy, Mrs. Stick and I got the package a few days ago. We are very thankful for the membership here, but it wasn't necessary. UW told me we were supposed to go out to dinner with the gift card, so in that regard, that's just what we shall do.

The shirt is very cool. I may have someone else wear it at SHOT show as a decoy.

Thanks again. You guys are very generous.

Pyzik
9 November 2014, 10:30
Thanks guy, Mrs. Stick and I got the package a few days ago. We are very thankful for the membership here, but it wasn't necessary. UW told me we were supposed to go out to dinner with the gift card, so in that regard, that's just what we shall do.

The shirt is very cool. I may have someone else wear it at SHOT show as a decoy.

Hahaha, that's funny.

Glad ya like it. Its not much but its something.

It was really Mustang's idea.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 November 2014, 11:38
I knew how you were with your identity so I almost didn't put your name on the front... Figured many you could wear it around the house of nothing else. Enjoy!!

Thompson
9 November 2014, 12:08
LOL. Glad you liked it Stick!

nCarnage
9 November 2014, 13:49

Glad you liked it. Now take the mrs out and buy some ice cream. Mmmmmm ice cream

Pyzik
9 November 2014, 14:00
Glad you liked it. Now take the mrs out and buy some ice cream. Mmmmmm ice cream

Ice cream?

Enter Ghost in 3... 2...

UWone77
9 November 2014, 14:01
I thought he only likes Candy and Pickles? 😱

Ride4frnt
9 November 2014, 14:17
And camo ice cream

nCarnage
9 November 2014, 16:12
I thought he only likes Candy and Pickles? 😱

He shall now be known as the Pickler Tickler (yes i know....wrong thread)

mustangfreek
9 November 2014, 17:04

Glad it made it to you, just a small thanks from some of us..thanks also to Mrs. stick

Hahaha, that's funny.

Glad ya like it. Its not much but its something.

It was really Mustang's idea.

Ahh...it wasnt all me..Glad to do it though...

Soisauss
10 November 2014, 08:28
Indeed, enjoy it gentlemen for work well done!