PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costume?

ddearmon2010
30 October 2014, 07:44
So what is everyone going as for Halloween and what are your plans?

WHSmithIV
30 October 2014, 08:25
Well, we went to a Halloween costume party last weekend. My wife put on her very sexy 'wedding dress' .... No, I won't post pictures of it, it's most definitely NOT what she was wearing when we were married. Enough said ... she was the hit of the party though. I bought some US Army camo's at a yard sale a couple years ago that that a local family was selling. Husband came home from Iraq and didn't want his camo's anymore. (Can't really blame him - I sold all my Navy uniforms except for one shirt when I got out of the Navy).

So, I went as a soldier ( that was a Halloween costume for me because I had been a sailor, not a soldier) I also strapped on my .45 (unloaded). Interestingly enough, those camo's have the same Army rank on them that my Navy rank was. So, I felt OK wearing them. I wasn't pretending to be a rank I never earned.

Soldier, sailor, same thing - we serve our country in different ways is all.

UWone77
30 October 2014, 08:27
No offense to anyone... but personally, I leave the costumes for the kids.

Adults dressing up is frankly ridiculous in my opinion.

Flame Suit On....

WHSmithIV
30 October 2014, 08:37
Nahh UWone. I didn't 'dress up' - I use those camo's as my hunting clothes. They're comfortable and have pockets. So, for me, I was 'dressed up' - the only addition was my 1911 .45

The wives were the ones who 'dressed up'. It was a hoot and my wife had a good time. She really needed to get out of the house for a night. We were invited to the party and she really wanted to go to it. She's kind of been stuck at home for 4 months since she got pushed out of her job. The ladies were hilarious at the party. Us guys were just us normal reserved guys. No kids around either. It was a chance for adults to just have some fun, food and drinks was all - and the ladies to have fun putting on a show for their guys [:)]

SwissyJim
30 October 2014, 08:44
I'll be dressing up as a firefighter... but then again, I'll be at work [:D]

UWone77
30 October 2014, 09:11

I thought you guys just wore PJ's.

camomike
30 October 2014, 09:25
I'm wearin my ren fest outfit. The way I look at it, I spent $400 on a leather costume; I'm gonna get my use out of it. Well, before my waist line doesn't allow it anymore.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 09:25
So UW went to Halloween in a flame suit.

I was patrick Bateman from american psycho. Cheap and easy. Shirt and tie and a raincoat with red splatters.

SwissyJim
30 October 2014, 09:27
I thought you guys just wore PJ's.
nowadays it's sweats that say CROSSFIT on them, with bunny slippers

Computalotapus
30 October 2014, 09:41
I am dressing up as an IT Consultant.. as I too will be at work, when I get home I will put my husband/father costume on and pass out candy to kids.

voodoo_man
30 October 2014, 11:55
True story...

Few years ago I got dispatched to a loud party after sundown. I show up and walk in, front door open. People are dressed in various costumes and no one bats an eye at me. I walk around and some dude hands me a red solo cup with some sort of alcoholic beverage - "awesome costume dude!" I leave it sitting at the bar. I walk around asking who the house owner is and no one seems to know. I finally go to the DJ (it was like, a no-bs party party) and pull the power cord out of the wall. I yell "who is the home owner?" One dude yells at me "just because your dressed like an asshole doesn't mean you have to act like one..." It was funny until he realized I was actually on duty....

That party got shut down real fast after that ;)

mustangfreek
30 October 2014, 18:16
No offense to anyone... but personally, I leave the costumes for the kids.

Adults dressing up is frankly ridiculous in my opinion.

Flame Suit On....

Haha..your not the only one..

Woman gets mad i wont dress up with her to go to a halloween party or whatever... ..lol....NO....

Lkb513
30 October 2014, 18:30
Rooster mask and a bag of tootsie roll pops never fails. Simple and classic!

GOST
30 October 2014, 18:35
Haha..your not the only one..

Woman gets mad i wont dress up with her to go to a halloween party or whatever... ..lol....NO....

Being adults is no bueno.

FortTom
30 October 2014, 18:41
True story...

Few years ago I got dispatched to a loud party after sundown. I show up and walk in, front door open. People are dressed in various costumes and no one bats an eye at me. I walk around and some dude hands me a red solo cup with some sort of alcoholic beverage - "awesome costume dude!" I leave it sitting at the bar. I walk around asking who the house owner is and no one seems to know. I finally go to the DJ (it was like, a no-bs party party) and pull the power cord out of the wall. I yell "who is the home owner?" One dude yells at me "just because your dressed like an asshole doesn't mean you have to act like one..." It was funny until he realized I was actually on duty....

That party got shut down real fast after that ;)

Ha..ha.. one of the best Cop story's ever...

Now me, well have any of you seen the movie "Bad Grandpa" with Johnny Knoxville? Well then you get it...... ha..ha... P.S. UWone77 don't be such a buzz kill...now go club the living daylights out of some bad guys..[:D]

din
30 October 2014, 22:04
I had to work last weekend so my wife had to attend our friends' annual Halloween party alone. I told her just to tell everyone that I was dressed as a ghost.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 22:14
Ha..ha.. one of the best Cop story's ever...

Now me, well have any of you seen the movie "Bad Grandpa" with Johnny Knoxville? Well then you get it...... ha..ha... P.S. UWone77 don't be such a buzz kill...now go club the living daylights out of some bad guys..[:D]

I can imagine you now with your little man stuck in a vending machine... Or dropping a colostomy bag in the hot tub. Some of the stuff in that movie was foul, but it was hilarious.

Simi-audamadik
1 November 2014, 00:18

Wish I could've dressed up as a firefighter. They're my heros. But, unfortunately, I had to put on a cop costume and go to work. [:D] [:D]

Later!

Simi