PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Sparc

Calico Jack
30 October 2014, 09:17
I bought a Vortex Sparc two weeks ago during the sale at PSA. I finally got to shoot it yesterday and I was very pleased. Right out of the box it was dead on at 25 yards. I am not sure if this was a fluke or not but shooting a quarter sized group with out adjusting it was awesome. The only other optic I own is a Eotech 512.

Computalotapus
30 October 2014, 09:36
I have been using a Sparc for over a year now. I am very pleased with it so far and will continue to use it till it breaks and when it does break I am glad the Vortex has a no BS warranty.

Ride4frnt
30 October 2014, 09:57
I've had about 5k rounds or so down range with my sparc. Still holding zero, original battery.

mustangfreek
30 October 2014, 11:23
Would like to try the new sparc 2 or maybe even the strike fire 2..the 22 AR needs something..

Gaspipeshooter
30 October 2014, 12:51
As a result of this thread, I just ordered one to put on my 7.62 x 39 upper. Paid $128.49 with shipping.

Computalotapus
30 October 2014, 13:33
As a result of this thread, I just ordered one to put on my 7.62 x 39 upper. Paid $128.49 with shipping.

you will feel better after you read this review that zero7one did a while back on the sparc

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3413-Vortex-Optics-SPARC-Torture-Test-Review&p=31946#post31946

Calico Jack
30 October 2014, 18:44

Awesome! That's about what I paid with shipping from PSA. I"ll be buying another for my 870 for hunting. The 2x magnification should be a big plus for that application

Sak007
30 October 2014, 22:50
I have 4 of them and love them . On one of them I managed to screw up the on/off button so it wouldn't power up sent it in a got it back repaired in a couple weeks no hassle great customer service .

Gaspipeshooter
31 October 2014, 01:03
Awesome! That's about what I paid with shipping from PSA. I"ll be buying another for my 870 for hunting. The 2x magnification should be a big plus for that application

I actually ordered mine from PSA after I saw this thread.

I have 4 of them and love them . On one of them I managed to screw up the on/off button so it wouldn't power up sent it in a got it back repaired in a couple weeks no hassle great customer service .

Good to hear. So many companies have shitty customer service these days it's refreshing to hear good things about a company.

skijunkie55
31 October 2014, 06:34
The sparc is a great mid-level RDS for sure! Held zero through 700 rounds / carbine class very well. I did finding myself tightening the screws on the riser every now and then but I was very happy with it.

bmel17
7 November 2014, 16:15
I keep looming at these and I can't really say no! Especially after buying a strike fire~

Jumpinjarhead
7 November 2014, 18:16
Using one on my select fire PDW in my current job in Middle East for 3 months of 6 month job---so far so good.

FortTom
12 November 2014, 18:07
I'm considering a SPARC II. Anyone had any experience with this one?

SickMAK90
20 November 2014, 19:41
I've played around with the sparc and strikefire one and my only complaints were addressed in the second gen models. If I can't find a good Black Friday deal on a mepro tru dot or aimpoint pro I might grab a strikefire 2.

WHSmithIV
21 November 2014, 00:49
I'll be able to review for you all the StrikeFire II in just a couple weeks. The rifle i won from Gunstruction includes it and is off to BDL Custom Finishes. They should have it done right quick and I should have it here to test in just a couple weeks more.

mustangfreek
21 November 2014, 00:56
I'll be able to review for you all the StrikeFire II in just a couple weeks. The rifle i won from Gunstruction includes it and is off to BDL Custom Finishes. They should have it done right quick and I should have it here to test in just a couple weeks more.

I havent been on much lately, but you won a complete rifle also, besides the upper...Shit....Well done...you have some good luck or something...

UWone77
21 November 2014, 13:56
I havent been on much lately, but you won a complete rifle also, besides the upper...Shit....Well done...you have some good luck or something...

I think he won this awhile back, but they are just finally finishing it up for him.

WHSmithIV
21 November 2014, 14:29
I think he won this awhile back, but they are just finally finishing it up for him.

Yep, I won it back in August. It was the Gunstruction Build it Win it design competition. They just sent all the parts off to BDL Custom for the camo job. Some of the parts were back ordered.

UWone77
22 November 2014, 14:03
Yep, I won it back in August. It was the Gunstruction Build it Win it design competition. They just sent all the parts off to BDL Custom for the camo job. Some of the parts were back ordered.

August? They're just prompt aren't they? [:D]

mustangfreek
23 November 2014, 02:56

Wow...congrats..