PDA

View Full Version : Didn't buy anything at the gun store!

MoxyDave
2 November 2014, 12:40
I went to the local gun store on a whim last Friday. They have a HUGE selection, with all kinds of knives, guns and gear in-stock. They have all the latest stuff too. I spent probably an hour perusing all the new hotness, and some old hotness too.

I walked out without spending a penny! I AM THE MASTER OF CONTROL!

Haha just thought I'd share my great accomplishment [wow]

toolboxluis00200
2 November 2014, 12:49
? you ok did they get your brain all so

ddearmon2010
2 November 2014, 12:56
I went to the local gun store on a whim last Friday. They have a HUGE selection, with all kinds of knives, guns and gear in-stock. They have all the latest stuff too. I spent probably an hour perusing all the new hotness, and some old hotness too.

I walked out without spending a penny! I AM THE MASTER OF CONTROL!

Haha just thought I'd share my great accomplishment [wow]

I call BS.... lol you spent gas money getting there and back!!!!

GaSwamper
2 November 2014, 13:01
Outstanding! Now with such a great accomplishment and the money saved you can order all kinds of gun stuff off the internet. And just think if you order enough they will probly give you free shipping so you can save even more money!

FortTom
2 November 2014, 13:04
I'm in the market for a new home. I've got to finish my .308, and my .277 WLV upper, but that money is already spent, just a matter of getting to work on them. I'm used to going to the gun store, and buying what ever I want, within reason, but I've put funds on lockdown, as I'll have all of the associated costs of buying a new home, plus some new furniture to fill it with. Makes it tough to go to the gun store now, and not fixate on something I really want. Yeah, that kind of sucks.

FT

Computalotapus
2 November 2014, 13:09
I went to one of our bigger gun shops on Saturday. Looking at hunting closes for the youngest and a 10 round mag and a 5 round limiter. Hunting clothes are way over priced 10 round pmag was $23 bucks and their 5 round limiter was $15 bucks for one.
Ended up picking up some 77gr SP .223 for hunting deer and coyotes. Picked up some old camp from the army surplus. Ordered the pmag from rainier and with shipping still saved money, 5 round magpul limiter from amazon free shipping $7.

Again that is the bigger gun shop and 9 times out of 10 they are way over priced. The smaller shops have a limited selection but are priced competitively with what I find online.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Ride4frnt
2 November 2014, 13:28
I went to one of our bigger gun shops on Saturday. Looking at hunting closes for the youngest and a 10 round mag and a 5 round limiter. Hunting clothes are way over priced 10 round pmag was $23 bucks and their 5 round limiter was $15 bucks for one.
Ended up picking up some 77gr SP .223 for hunting deer and coyotes. Picked up some old camp from the army surplus. Ordered the pmag from rainier and with shipping still saved money, 5 round magpul limiter from amazon free shipping $7.

Again that is the bigger gun shop and 9 times out of 10 they are way over priced. The smaller shops have a limited selection but are priced competitively with what I find online.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

You ain't kidding. Our local "big shop" is always way over priced. Went there yesterday. $46 bucks for the same box of ammo I pay $33 for at my usual FFL.

FortTom
2 November 2014, 13:36
Comp, I always try to buy my hunting clothes, especially cold weather stuff, in April, after all deer, turkey, etc hunting is over. Can usually find top shelf stuff for up to 50% off, even more sometimes.

FT.

Computalotapus
2 November 2014, 13:45
Comp, I always try to buy my hunting clothes, especially cold weather stuff, in April, after all deer, turkey, etc hunting is over. Can usually find top shelf stuff for up to 50% off, even more sometimes.

FT.

Yeah would have done that for her but she farted around on taking her hunters safety course and didn't do it till last minute. Told her I wasn't going to invest in it unless she puts forth the effort and shows me she really wants to go.

She just finished her hunters safety so this year she goes in Army surplus cold weather gear haha. Same reason she is hunting with an AR and is limited to anything 75yds and shorter. Now she is a dead shot out to 150yds with the AR on 8" plates but I feel she has a better shot at a clean kill from 75 and shorter.

DutyUse
2 November 2014, 13:49
Cabelas and Dicks sporting goods has some great deals in November after the season has closed.

I'm sure yall already know but it's worth repeating a lot of hunting gear is 100% marketing hype to justify the huge costs. No piece of clothing will make you "disappear" from a white tails nose.

FortTom
2 November 2014, 16:16
She just finished her hunters safety so this year she goes in Army surplus cold weather gear haha..

Hey, probably just as good. I still have my ECWS bag from the MIL. I keep it all on hangers when not in use, and except for the fact that it's heavy as heck, compared to some of my expensive bags from REI, et. al, it's just as warm, if not warmer....[:D]

GaSwamper
2 November 2014, 17:07
The 2 things I hit the big box for as far as hunting clothes go is thermals, I am willing to pay the extra dough for the Basspro XPS thermals with the fleecy soft lining and very warm, and super quite gear. Usually means its a scent control type item but I'm more interested in how quite it is and put my money in that. The best scent control is being squeaky clean head to toe but I think some of the suits can help a fraction.

MonkeyBomb
2 November 2014, 20:57
As long as it was specialty sports you are GTG. I am still bummed my favorite gun shop closed its doors. I did my best to keep them in business.