PDA

View Full Version : Facebook deleting gun oriented pages???

Gaspipeshooter
4 November 2014, 07:41
I am a member of a page called "AR-15's For Sale and Discussion" and there is a pretty big thread going about gun oriented Facebook pages being shut down. Anyone else hearing anything about this?

Ride4frnt
4 November 2014, 08:03
I am a member of a page called "AR-15's For Sale and Discussion" and there is a pretty big thread going about gun oriented Facebook pages being shut down. Anyone else hearing anything about this?

Well, I could see that specific page getting targeted. They don't like firearms being offered for sale via their website.

Gaspipeshooter
4 November 2014, 08:18
Well, I could see that specific page getting targeted. They don't like firearms being offered for sale via their website.

That page is still up and running. The discussion is on that page about multiple other gun oriented pages being deleted/shut down.

Ride4frnt
4 November 2014, 09:01
That page is still up and running. The discussion is on that page about multiple other gun oriented pages being deleted/shut down.

I heard about a hunting page getting shut down in my area... Not even strictly pertaining to guns.

nCarnage
4 November 2014, 09:27
i like facebook for keeping up wtih friends, family and sales. But hate when they do crap like this. Makes me wonder who really is in control of it.

MonkeyBomb
4 November 2014, 09:36
I run a national gun rights page. I haven't seen any of the larger ones getting taken out but there are always rumors. We keep a backup page on Google just in case. But its an afterthought its rarely updated and the formatting sucks.

Thompson
4 November 2014, 12:32
Funny you should mention it; I just read an article about that earlier today: Facebook Deletes Hundreds of Pro Gun Pages Without Notice (http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/facebook-deletes-hundreds-of-pro-gun-pages-without-notice/)

It's happening. I'm in several PA gun-related groups and some people have already started saying other PA gun-related groups have been shut down.

But hate when they do crap like this. Makes me wonder who really is in control of it.
Clearly people who lack common sense ...

toolboxluis00200
4 November 2014, 13:27
they better no fuck up stickman FB page i be all mad and stuff

Thompson
4 November 2014, 16:56
they better no fuck up stickman FB page i be all mad and stuff
I think he's too popular of a page to be discontinued - there'd probably be outcry from all of his industry friends ;)

RobSWVA
4 November 2014, 17:20
I think he's too popular of a page to be discontinued - there'd probably be outcry from all of his industry friends ;)

yeh, not to mention the unwashed masses that are WEVO members and his FB followers. All hail Stickman!