PDA

View Full Version : PSA 9MM AR Upper Kit

Soisauss
5 November 2014, 21:44
So, I do not know how much you guys follow PSA or like PSA, but they announced their 9mm receiver set today!!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/18428/s/psa-16-9mm-melonite-1-10-rifle-kit/

according to sources, they're working on the pistol version as well as SBR version!!

This black friday, I'm going to be reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy broke!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/e/newar9mmriflekit_new.jpg

UWone77
6 November 2014, 00:26
I like the idea of a 9mm carbine, but only with a short barrel. a 16" 9mm in my opinion is worthless.

Soisauss
6 November 2014, 06:15
I like the idea of a 9mm carbine, but only with a short barrel. a 16" 9mm in my opinion is worthless.

Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for them to release the pistol version.

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 06:26
Oh no.... Now I don't know what to do!

Ugh!

I had originally wanted a 9mm AR pistol but settled on 5.56 because it seemed like 9mm were pretty pricey. Now, PSA comes along.

Guess I will just need both.

Uffdaphil
6 November 2014, 07:39
I know zip about 9mm ARs. Does this use the AR carbine gas system? Does it use a standard bolt carrier with a 9mm bolt? If you sent the upper off to Adco, could they cut the barrel down and thread for flash hider? How short? Would an 5.56 rail be compatible?

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 07:52
I know zip about 9mm ARs. Does this use the AR carbine gas system? Does it use a standard bolt carrier with a 9mm bolt? If you sent the upper off to Adco, could they cut the barrel down and thread for flash hider? How short? Would an 5.56 rail be compatible?

BCG is included. If it wasn't you would need to modify your carrier or need a 9mm hammer. You would need a 9mm bolt.
Any rails would work.

It LOOKS like a midlength gas system. Though it does not say.

Soisauss
6 November 2014, 08:38
I believe they're blowback gas system. Yes, you'll need a 9mm bolt but can use any carrier. As far as the hammer, I think any unnotched hammer work. I'm just gonna sit and wait for more in-depth details fron psa. But price.point.is going to be the real deal, especially when building a PDW (no more an arm and leg for a hk :p)

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 08:50
I believe they're blowback gas system. Yes, you'll need a 9mm bolt but can use any carrier. As far as the hammer, I think any unnotched hammer work. I'm just gonna sit and wait for more in-depth details fron psa. But price.point.is going to be the real deal, especially when building a PDW (no more an arm and leg for a hk :p)
And the Just Right carbine is gonna be a relic.

Uffdaphil
6 November 2014, 09:10
Thanks guys. Guess I will wait to see if a pistol version is in the offing. A barrel 9.5" or less (preferably around 7") and will take an SB brace and they get my business. I hope my Colt LEO 32 rd orphan mag will fit it.

No handguard, lo-pro gas block option would be a seller.

Former11B
6 November 2014, 11:04
I'd love to build a 9mm carbine...but an AR pistol in 9mm (plus my suppressor) would make a nice little Get Home Bag addition.

I was thinking about a .308 gasser....guess I'll have to build them all one at a time

Soisauss
6 November 2014, 11:59
More news from psa.
Mag block is metal and no set screws needed.

.40 and .45 are also in the works along with glock mag adapters..... I just creamed.....

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 12:13
More news from psa.
I just creamed.....
So this is why you're in the running for the "Special Sauce" nickname....

Seriously this is going to be good!

Uffdaphil
6 November 2014, 12:31
Ooh, .45 shorty would have me at hello.

Soisauss
6 November 2014, 13:14
So this is why you're in the running for the "Special Sauce" nickname....

Seriously this is going to be good!

Valid reason lol

MoxyDave
6 November 2014, 14:03
Meh. If I'm gonna own a 9mm AR it's gotta run on Glock mags, and have a short barrel.

toolboxluis00200
6 November 2014, 15:19
to me if i can SBR it or Pistol it and suppress it then its worth the money if not nope don't need it