PDA

View Full Version : I know the subject of politics is touchy...

Gaspipeshooter
6 November 2014, 05:27
But this is too funny not to share:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10584100_886254504742612_3550049325847221667_n.jpg ?oh=89acd4c92b63c57816cbf95a7f98a02b&oe=54DAA3FB&__gda__=1423384229_f4f664a018eb797deebe23a16a1ddb6 8

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 06:29
Meh. Democrats or Republicans they're just different sides of the same coin.

The only thing that is going to change is HOW we're getting screwed.

Best thing that can happen over the next two years is grid lock.

markm
6 November 2014, 07:07
Maybe these idiot Republicans can get the clue and take action against Hussein's agenda. It's pretty friggin clear that the turn out and results of the election show that people are pissed.

rob_s
6 November 2014, 08:15
and people are just going to keep on being pissed. it's pointless. Push the bus off the goddamn cliff already and see who survives the sudden stop at the bottom of the ravine.

"Voting" is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public today. Management 101 is that you give the peons the illusion of influencing the outcome, and you can fully ignore their demands, and they'll be happy to acquiesce because "the people have spoken". We used to laugh when the USSR held "elections" and the options on the ballet were "Vladymir or Vladymir", and now we're all proud of our "right" to go make the exact same choice. I suppose, at least, we paint one Vladymir red and the other one blue. Not sure if that makes the farce better or worse.

But, voting keeps the general public placated and, more importantly, divided. Everyone rushes to facebook to share stupid memes and biased articles related to the outcomes before and after, serving to do nothing more than put sisters against brothers, neighbors against neighbors, and employees against bosses. The last time that happened there was a color divide, but it was blue and grey not red and blue.

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 08:24
and people are just going to keep on being pissed. it's pointless. Push the bus off the goddamn cliff already and see who survives the sudden stop at the bottom of the ravine.

"Voting" is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public today. Management 101 is that you give the peons the illusion of influencing the outcome, and you can fully ignore their demands, and they'll be happy to acquiesce because "the people have spoken". We used to laugh when the USSR held "elections" and the options on the ballet were "Vladymir or Vladymir", and now we're all proud of our "right" to go make the exact same choice. I suppose, at least, we paint one Vladymir red and the other one blue. Not sure if that makes the farce better or worse.

But, voting keeps the general public placated and, more importantly, divided. Everyone rushes to facebook to share stupid memes and biased articles related to the outcomes before and after, serving to do nothing more than put sisters against brothers, neighbors against neighbors, and employees against bosses. The last time that happened there was a color divide, but it was blue and grey not red and blue.

http://forum.austina30a35ownersclub.co.uk/images/smilies/bow.gif

Soisauss
6 November 2014, 08:41

Take my like.

Gaspipeshooter
6 November 2014, 10:48
Regardless of whether you think it is effective or a waste of time, voting is something that is important in it's basest principle, if for no other reason than the lives that have been sacrificed in the past to give us that right. I know my single vote probably doesn't make any difference, but if enough people feel that way and use it as an excuse not to exercise their right to do so, things could turn out differently. That is why I choose to vote regardless.

rob_s
6 November 2014, 12:03
Regardless of whether you think it is effective or a waste of time, voting is something that is important in it's basest principle, if for no other reason than the lives that have been sacrificed in the past to give us that right. I know my single vote probably doesn't make any difference, but if enough people feel that way and use it as an excuse not to exercise their right to do so, things could turn out differently. That is why I choose to vote regardless.

Keep on thinking that.

The leash will just keep tightening.

UWone77
6 November 2014, 12:12
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/richardkim0177/1459172_10152818034523255_1567305398188696339_n_zp sf8af3813.jpg (http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/richardkim0177/media/1459172_10152818034523255_1567305398188696339_n_zp sf8af3813.jpg.html)

Gaspipeshooter
6 November 2014, 12:18
Keep on thinking that.

The leash will just keep tightening.

I take it by your comments you don't vote. So that leads me to believe you just keep to your own little world and don't do anything outside of your personal sphere of reality. I suppose then that you are never disappointed.

UWone77
6 November 2014, 12:21
We're going to nip this at the bud...

Talking about politics always rolls downhill sooner or later.