PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms Launches New Website

UWone77
6 November 2014, 16:23
Rainier Arms (http://www.rainierarms.com/) has launched their new webpage. As long as I can remember being a customer, their interface has stayed the same. One of the biggest changes I noticed about the new website was, now you can view multiple items at once on a grid format. The website also features real-time inventory, so you know how many are left. Updated features such as last items looked at and narrowing searches by manufacturer and price are present. Check out Rainier Arms (http://www.rainierarms.com/)' website at the same address: http://www.rainierarms.com/

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/richardkim0177/10756921_727666327304320_894606451_o_zps9bf0bb79.j pg (http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/richardkim0177/media/10756921_727666327304320_894606451_o_zps9bf0bb79.j pg.html)
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w654/richardkim0177/10804687_727666343970985_999004029_o_zpsaab5a189.j pg (http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/richardkim0177/media/10804687_727666343970985_999004029_o_zpsaab5a189.j pg.html)

And the first of many Rainier Arms Promotional Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atno7O9c3Gc

mustangfreek
6 November 2014, 16:24
Cool....It was time for an update...Looks good so far...

Ride4frnt
6 November 2014, 16:26
Ha! Frog lube! Site looks amazing!

Pyzik
6 November 2014, 16:51
Bout time! I found their site hard to navigate.

Can't open the new one on mobile though. :(
EDIT: Finally opened. Nice!

Ride4frnt
6 November 2014, 16:54
Yes, mobile browsing is awesome!

Dstrbdmedic167
6 November 2014, 16:56
Nice!! I also had a hard time getting around or finding exactly what I wanted when I knew they carried it. It looks and feels much better... And that video lol...

GOST
6 November 2014, 17:03
I'm so used to the old one I'll miss it. But I'm sure the new one will grow on me.

Sak007
6 November 2014, 17:10
Now the website matches the store which in the gun industry is normally not a good thing with Rainier being the exception .

SwissyJim
6 November 2014, 17:10
I must be weird... I always thought their site was fine and easy to use. But, that said... the new one rocks!

camomike
6 November 2014, 17:29
Like the new feel of it. If only they knew a photographer to help upload/update pics. [BD]

Stone
6 November 2014, 18:59
I really liked their site's format. Anyone having trouble with the new one? Cant seem to get it to open...

toolboxluis00200
6 November 2014, 19:02
tiny fonts

Stone
6 November 2014, 19:14
It finally opened but its running super slow. Sorry RA, I liked the old site better. The graphics and layout were better on the old one. The new ones kind of,well,plain...

Thompson
6 November 2014, 19:31
Digging the new website. Old one was fine - but definitely needed a reboot.

CarbonScoring
6 November 2014, 19:35
Well, back to the old site. I never did get the new one working.

mustangfreek
7 November 2014, 04:44
I cant order anything......lol....

Site has been down off and on since this post...

MonkeyBomb
7 November 2014, 13:37
I can't get in. It won't let me re-up the new password.

Thompson
7 November 2014, 13:52
I cant order anything......lol....

Site has been down off and on since this post...
Good job - looks like you broke it :P

Hmac
7 November 2014, 15:32
tiny fonts

Really tiny fonts. It's very hard to read.

Eric
7 November 2014, 18:19
Must be updating, or something. I get "This page can’t be displayed"

UWone77
7 November 2014, 18:22
The page has been stucking hard as far as loading consistently. They are still trying to workout the bugs over the weekend.

toolboxluis00200
7 November 2014, 18:43
Really tiny fonts. It's very hard to read.

i had to set mine at 133% view just to see it

din
9 November 2014, 00:35
old one was more gooder. le sigh.

UWone77
9 November 2014, 23:39
Looks like the biggest gripe so far is, you've lost your order history and you have to reset your password.

Pyzik
10 November 2014, 06:01
Looks like the biggest gripe so far is, you've lost your order history and you have to reset your password.

Mine is no Sig Brace. :(

Wife ordered me one last night and asked where to buy from. Told her Rainier, but none.

MonkeyBomb
13 November 2014, 18:27
I think the sight is still having problems. I looked for hand guards and they only show 5. I still can't get a new password. I ended up dropping a few hundred at Brownell's since I couldn't log in here despite trying. since the new site came up.

GOST
14 November 2014, 05:23
Hope it's running better before Black Friday.

Pyzik
14 November 2014, 05:32
Hope it's running better before Black Friday.
I was secretly hoping the same. :D

UWone77
14 November 2014, 06:43
Hopefully, they'll work this out by next week. I like the new interface, but the site is just slow. Really Slow.

Thompson
14 November 2014, 08:24
I like the new interface, but the site is just slow. Really Slow.
Oh good - I thought that was just me.

On a somewhat unrelated note: does any see the RUC upper? I can't seem to find it on their website - I can only find the complete rifle. Will probably pick one up some time later on next year if I can get the Jack (which is also out of stock on their website :() sometime soon.

Computalotapus
14 November 2014, 10:45
Hopefully, they'll work this out by next week. I like the new interface, but the site is just slow. Really Slow.

Yeah still slow for me as well and I don't get my mil discount pricing anymore :(

Txfilmmaker
14 November 2014, 11:06
Very clean looking site design. Should be very good after they tweak it a bit.

Ordnance
16 November 2014, 12:43
Removed so as to not stir the pot...

UWone77
16 November 2014, 12:46
Whoever built their site needs to reconsider their business model. It shouldn't take this long to work out some key issues that still haven't been resolved as far as I can tell. Being slow should have been the least of their concerns, but there's an issue with the live inventory not being correct and who ever is inputting values for products isn't doing it right and they're not showing up when you click on certain categories. There also should not have been any need to have everyone reset their password which also isn't working even when some of us attempt to do so. They've also been lacking in the listening dept when a customer calls and they would rather assume than make the effort because they think they're too busy. I hope they pull it together because it would be unfortunate if they let what was once a great local business fall into a big box store category where the service and knowledge level is a far cry from their beginnings.

That's quite a proclamation .... "once great local business" it's been a week. Be patient.

Ordnance
16 November 2014, 13:02
That's quite a proclamation .... "once great local business" it's been a week. Be patient.

Decided to use some discretion being a FNG here... PM sent...

Thompson
16 November 2014, 13:42
There also should not have been any need to have everyone reset their password which also isn't working even when some of us attempt to do so.
If anything, it would probably behoove all customers to reset their passwords - from a security standpoint.

UWone77
16 November 2014, 13:48
I will obviously agree here. The roll out has not been up to snuff. My account is also one of many that doesn't work correctly. I know they are working hard to address it.

My personal opinion is, it would have been nice to see some notice before the site was switched over.

Second, it would have been nice to see a switch over, only when your previous orders, wish lists, ect would be transferred over at the same time.

And the real time inventory shouldn't have gone live, if they weren't ready.

I know they're working many hours a day to fix it, so hopefully sooner than later.

Ordnance
16 November 2014, 15:02
I will obviously agree here. The roll out has not been up to snuff. My account is also one of many that doesn't work correctly. I know they are working hard to address it.

My personal opinion is, it would have been nice to see some notice before the site was switched over.

Second, it would have been nice to see a switch over, only when your previous orders, wish lists, ect would be transferred over at the same time.

And the real time inventory shouldn't have gone live, if they weren't ready.

I know they're working many hours a day to fix it, so hopefully sooner than later.

If you had a comment rating system I would have given this 5 stars... lol

din
21 November 2014, 01:55
It disabled my LE discount, have to shoot them an e-mail tomorrow and see if they can rectify that before next weekend. Other than that, it's growing on me. No trouble with resetting the password. I miss how the old site automatically populated in alphabetical order by brand name, but that's no big.

John Hwang
21 November 2014, 11:02
Website speeds have been fixed, pricing has been fixed, many more bugs are being fixed but much better today than a week ago. We expect everything to be Rainier worthy in a few more weeks. Thank you for your business and your patience.

Computalotapus
7 December 2014, 10:57
Um I can not seem to find the RA Raptor for 7.62... or the RA Raptor for 5.56 on the website.

camomike
7 December 2014, 11:14
If you search raptor the 5.56 is on the last page(page 6). Not seeing the 7.62 version though.

Computalotapus
7 December 2014, 11:51
If you search raptor the 5.56 is on the last page(page 6). Not seeing the 7.62 version though.

That is the AXTS one.. I know they are all the same but was looking for the RA one.

UWone77
7 December 2014, 11:52
That is the AXTS one.. I know they are all the same but was looking for the RA one.

You won't see anymore RA branded ones in the future.

Thompson
7 December 2014, 11:56
What about their .22 RUC upper? I remember seeing them on the old website, but I haven't been able to find it at all on the new website.

Was hoping to pick one up sometime during the spring :(

Computalotapus
7 December 2014, 12:01

This makes me sad. Looks like I will just pick up the AXTS 7.62 version from Joe Bob's

UWone77
7 December 2014, 12:12
This makes me sad. Looks like I will just pick up the AXTS 7.62 version from Joe Bob's

I'm sure you can read between the lines... but personally, I will not be purchasing or supporting any more AXTS made products.

Ordnance
7 December 2014, 12:43

If you want a 7.62 version with "Rainier Arms" on it then I would call The Peninsula's Premier Pro Shop in Belfair, WA on Tuesday after 1100 PST and I'm fairly certain they still have some. I don't remember what they were charging though. He does take credit cards and ship.

gatordev
21 January 2016, 13:58
Resurrecting an old thread, but I figured this might be the place to ask. That said, this may also be a dick question, so feel free to tell me to go away and I'll understand...

I've been watching a specific firearm on Rainier for at least a month now and I've seen zero interest from customers (quantity is staying the same and they have several in stock). I understand that Rainier has it's own costs and needs to pay the bills, but does Rainier entertain offers on stagnant items? I'm not talking low-balling Mr. Hwang, but just a fair offer to move an item.

Like I said, it may be out of line, but figured I'd ask here among friends.

UWone77
21 January 2016, 14:18
Resurrecting an old thread, but I figured this might be the place to ask. That said, this may also be a dick question, so feel free to tell me to go away and I'll understand...

I've been watching a specific firearm on Rainier for at least a month now and I've seen zero interest from customers (quantity is staying the same and they have several in stock). I understand that Rainier has it's own costs and needs to pay the bills, but does Rainier entertain offers on stagnant items? I'm not talking low-balling Mr. Hwang, but just a fair offer to move an item.

Like I said, it may be out of line, but figured I'd ask here among friends.

Send me a PM and I can ask.