PDA

View Full Version : Lasermax Uni-Max Green

CAPT KIRK
24 October 2008, 19:08
Thinking about getting the Lasermax Uni-Max green laser for my rifle. Does anyone have first hand end user experience with this unit. If so what are your thoughts on the construction, durability and function of it. I also dont see any warranty info on their site so if you know speak up.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/the-reservoirdog/Uni-Green_AR.jpg

They also have a great price cut for those of us who are Law Enforcement.

m24shooter
24 October 2008, 19:14
I don't have personal experience with it, but I've heard nothing but good about them if you want a visible laser. The green is supposed to be insanely visible at much longer ranges.
I think their Mil/LE guy is a retired SMaj, I think he used to post over on Shotgun World quite a bit.

TehLlama
25 October 2008, 14:34
With the Mil/LE discount, the lasermax units are a bargain, and eve the red one is quite visible during the daytime at 100m.

I'd put some though into how you want to actuate it - pressure switch, or just use the side-side rocker switch that comes with the UNIs (I run that on the bottom rail of my M4 clone).

I find that the brightness can be a bit excessive at night, but that's not necessarily a fault, depending on your uses.

CAPT KIRK
25 October 2008, 19:27
With the Mil/LE discount, the lasermax units are a bargain, and eve the red one is quite visible during the daytime at 100m.

I'd put some though into how you want to actuate it - pressure switch, or just use the side-side rocker switch that comes with the UNIs (I run that on the bottom rail of my M4 clone).

I find that the brightness can be a bit excessive at night, but that's not necessarily a fault, depending on your uses.

I would use the tape switch, mounted in my Tango Down VFG for momentary on use only. My plan would be to only use it as a back up site or, when engaging multiple subjects the laser helps partners know which targets are covered and which are not.

In the L/E world lasers have an intimidation factor that I firmly believe has disuaded many a bad guy from trying something stupid.

SGTMAJOR
27 October 2008, 07:04
Capt Kirk The warrenty on Lasermax products is 3 years from date of manufacture

m24shooter
27 October 2008, 07:15
Kirk, SGTMAJOR is the rep I was referring to from Lasermax.
Welcome aboard, SGTMAJOR.

Stickman
27 October 2008, 19:03
SGTMAJOR ,

Good to see you over here.

SGTMAJOR
28 October 2008, 13:19
Thanks If I knew such a great forum existed I would have been here sooner

CAPT KIRK
28 October 2008, 17:43
Capt Kirk The warrenty on Lasermax products is 3 years from date of manufacture

Three years is pretty good.. I think the many of the others only have a one year warranty. Have a few other accesories of highr priority but the UniMax Green is definitely on my list.

FrankRochester
8 November 2008, 12:57
Hi Sgt. Major... You beat me to the punch on the reply. I was gonna get Shelly on here to give them the information. How's things going? You gotta help get Shelly ready for Larry Vickers! ha ha...