PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you really need to appreciate a company

WHSmithIV
11 November 2014, 02:48
Here it is Veterans Day, so, I'll take this opportunity to thank all my fellow veterans. It was 30 years actually before someone told me "thank you for serving" - that kind of hit me like a brick wall since I never expected it.

Well, Red Barn Armory has given vets a 10% discount plus free shipping on any order over $25. So, since I did a computer fix yesterday that was a real bitch to get fixed and made $150 from it, I went ahead and ordered the lower parts I need plus a box of 7.62x39 ammo. Cost: $27

My wife agreed that we could squeeze that out.

One of our members here is sending me a trigger group and safety so, this gets me all the pins and detents I need along with a box of ammo for the first test firing. Many thanks to Red Barn Armory for them caring about us vets.

KevinBLC
11 November 2014, 23:48
Man, I'm impressed how tight your budget must be.

WHSmithIV
12 November 2014, 01:59
Man, I'm impressed how tight your budget must be.

It's REALLY tight. We used all of my wife's inheritance to begin to make a new life for her. It's not easy but I will do whatever is necessary to give my wife a good life. She got really shit on by her brother who stole her property. When I arranged this move from Helsinki Finland, I locked this proerty up so legally tight that [b]nobody[/b} can ever take it away from her. I locked it up so tight that I have no legal claim to it. I love my wife.

Way out here in the mountains, yes, we need guns. Mostly we need them for 4 legged predators. Winter is now in full force. The wolves will come into the valley.

This AR pistol I am building is now a WEVO gun. I have been absolutely shocked by the amount of help and support for me to build this. I sold the AR I spent 1½ years building because our electric bill was too far behind., I sold my Marlin 30/30 lever action saddle rifle too. They were the two rifles that had the most value. I printed the notice with a picture of them on the grocery store bulletin board - they were sold the same day. It actually hurt more to let my 30/30 go than it did to let the AR go. Now the scabbard has nothing when I go into the mountains with my horse I rescued. I only have my 1911 .45...

I think this WEVO AR pistol just might fit in my scabbard. If it doesn't, I'll modify the scabbard.

Yes, the budget is tight, very very tight. That's why I appreciated the Red Barn Armory's offer so much. As a vet, it's really nice to get a Thank You and it was 30 years after I was discharged before I ever heard a Thank You. I re-enlisted right after 9/11 too. However, I cant talk about that. Civilians don't really want to know that us guys exist to protect Freedom.

If the military wants me again - I'll go. I think it would actually be a good idea to take guys like me. Veterans who know how to shoot. We wake up in the morning already having pains. Shooting some asshole enemies would make us feel good. We aren't very concerned about food - we'll scrounge up food. We think about going pee more than about having sex at our age. Let the younguns stay home and raise families. Send us old guys off to war. We like killing the shitheads who want to hurt our country. When you actually grow old enough to not really care about sex anymore, well, killing bad guys makes you feel good. [:)]

ddearmon2010
12 November 2014, 02:49
I know hire you feel brother... seems like money just never keeps up with the bills anymore! Got a overdue loan out on my truck... rent is late... car payment I'd several months behind.. only predators to worry about though are the kids... lol! Be praying for ya though that things ease up and you pull through. Just remember.. it's how we navigate through the tough times that strengthen us... good luck bro

WHSmithIV
12 November 2014, 03:08
I know hire you feel brother... seems like money just never keeps up with the bills anymore! Got a overdue loan out on my truck... rent is late... car payment I'd several months behind.. only predators to worry about though are the kids... lol! Be praying for ya though that things ease up and you pull through. Just remember.. it's how we navigate through the tough times that strengthen us... good luck bro

Thanks for the sentiment brother. We are lucky enough that we own our property and our old vehicles free and clear without loans. I locked this property up so legally tight that even though our property taxes may not get up to date in the next ten years, nobody, not even the government can ever take this home away from my wife. If you get really stuck get here to Idaho. We can give you a roof over your head while you get back on your feet.

ddearmon2010
12 November 2014, 07:00
Thanks for the sentiment brother. We are lucky enough that we own our property and our old vehicles free and clear without loans. I locked this property up so legally tight that even though our property taxes may not get up to date in the next ten years, nobody, not even the government can ever take this home away from my wife. If you get really stuck get here to Idaho. We can give you a roof over your head while you get back on your feet.

appreciate the offer bro... luckily have some family close by if things get dicey!!! Accepting a new job today making a lot more money... should help get back to zero