PDA

View Full Version : Reloading/Spreadsheet

FortTom
13 November 2014, 13:46
The last time I took a class on Microsoft Excel was circa 2000. Usually, spreadsheets were already created for the Eng Dept., where I worked, so I mostly just "filled in the blanks" rather than designing my own. Needless to say, that was a perishable skill, and I can't remember "jack" about it.

I was hoping someone might tell me where I can find a template for reloaders, where I can enter data from my Chronograph, that can be entered into a spreadsheet. Actually, I could just label cells and enter data, such as FPS, BC, SD, Extreme Spread, etc, but I was hoping I could find something that was set up to make calculations and store info such as OAL, temp, etc, right in the spreadsheet for analysis.

There used to be a really nice one in the public domain, that I used several years ago, but can't find it now.

If anyone can help me locate a template for this data, I'd really appreciate it. I don't mind buying something not in the "public domain", if it's not too expensive.

Thanks,

FT

Ride4frnt
13 November 2014, 14:06
All I found...

http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/reloadinglog.xls

FortTom
13 November 2014, 14:13
Thanks, Ride4frnt. That would have been great, but it would only allow me to view it in protected mode. I couldn't actually save it as a file, open it in Excel, and manipulate the data. I suppose there's something in Excel, that let's you protect your work, and not let others manipulate the data.

I do really and sincerely appreciate the effort to help, though.

FT

Ride4frnt
13 November 2014, 14:18
Here's the page I took it from. If you right click it and save file as and open it there should be a way to get out of read-only mode. Not exactly sure of the process without a computer in front of me, but I know for a read only word document there's a dialog box at the top of the page that says enable editing.

http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/reloadinglog/

Eta: what version of excel are you using? There's definitely a way to be able to edit it.

Former11B
13 November 2014, 14:41
PM me your email Address and I can send you the spreadsheet I use. Although I print these out and hand jam them, making dated notes and corrections as I go.

MCA
13 November 2014, 16:19
Hey FortTom...

My wife (computer geek) made a fillable excel spreadsheet for myself and 11B that I had her copy from the Ultimate Reloader reloading site:

http://ultimatereloader.com/2014/01/02/free-reloading-data-ledger-keep-track-of-your-load-data/

Hope this is what you were looking for?

Former11B
13 November 2014, 23:43
FT,

I sent two excel sheets to your inbox: one is what MCA mentioned and the other is more advanced with internal calculations that average a velocity spread and can be copied and altered respectively for other data

Jerry R
14 November 2014, 06:02
FT, If you have not received what you need, PM me with the cell layouts (row headings and column headings) and what formulae you want in them, and I will build it for you.

FortTom
15 November 2014, 21:24
FT, If you have not received what you need, PM me with the cell layouts (row headings and column headings) and what formulae you want in them, and I will build it for you.

Thanks for the offer, Jerry, and to others who offered to help. Former11B just happened to have 2 templates that covered everything I needed. [:D]

FT