PDA

View Full Version : No gun parts in the mail today - so sad

WHSmithIV
15 November 2014, 11:26
I was really hoping the lower parts I ordered would get here today. Expected delivery was today. Goddam post office. Oh well, just have to wait until Monday now.......

Former11B
15 November 2014, 13:55
I like when I'm in the middle of a build and order so much stuff I forget a few things and get a nice surprise when I come home to find my mailbox stuffed to the gills

Pyzik
15 November 2014, 14:12
Boo. Maybe Monday!

My Sig Brace came today which was a huge surprise since it was supposedly back ordered.

JoshAston
15 November 2014, 14:49
That reminds me, I've got a bag of parts I need to send your way.

Dstrbdmedic167
15 November 2014, 14:54
I ordered a fully custom keybar that showed up today...bad thing is I'm at work today and work 7a-7a today/tomorrow. So now I have to wait until I get home in the morning to check it out...

Stickman
15 November 2014, 15:31
Is this a thread about not getting gun parts in the mail ?

Pyzik
15 November 2014, 15:42
Is this a thread about not getting gun parts in the mail ?
You got it!

WHSmithIV
15 November 2014, 15:46
Yep Stick.

I'm a bit worried about this one. Red Barn Armory had a Vets day sale with free shipping for over $25 + a 10% dicsount. So, I ordered their stripped lower parts kit and a $5 box of 7.62x39 ammo for when I get the pistol done. My wife and I agreed we could squeeze that $27 out. They sent it USPS. It's not legal to send ammo via USPS. They should have sent it UPS Ground. So, I'm a bit worried. I certainly want what I ordered and paid for, but I damn sure don't wan't some company getting hit with a felony charge. They even insured the shipment for $100. Not sure what I'm going to do but I'm definitely going to have to let them know that they can't ship ammo via USPS.

The tracking number they sent me shows it's still in Texas.

RobSWVA
15 November 2014, 18:12
Yep Stick.

I'm a bit worried about this one. Red Barn Armory had a Vets day sale with free shipping for over $25 + a 10% dicsount. So, I ordered their stripped lower parts kit and a $5 box of 7.62x39 ammo for when I get the pistol done. My wife and I agreed we could squeeze that $27 out. They sent it USPS. It's not legal to send ammo via USPS. They should have sent it UPS Ground. So, I'm a bit worried. I certainly want what I ordered and paid for, but I damn sure don't wan't some company getting hit with a felony charge. They even insured the shipment for $100. Not sure what I'm going to do but I'm definitely going to have to let them know that they can't ship ammo via USPS.

you would think that a big gun source company like that would not make that kind of mistake, but then again there are window lickers in everyone's workplace these days, lol

UWone77
15 November 2014, 18:14
you would think that a big gun source company like that would not make that kind of mistake, but then again there are window lickers in everyone's workplace these days, lol

Mailing hazmat through USPS is a big no-go. You typically get what you pay for.

mustangfreek
15 November 2014, 18:16
Shit...i havent seen gun parts in the mail at all lately..actually the opposite...

i disapprove of this thread...lol...

toolboxluis00200
15 November 2014, 18:21
Yep Stick.

UPS takes forever to send ammo trust me i know

SwissyJim
15 November 2014, 18:39
I can't post here.... my mailman has been good to me as of late

(sorry...)

jymbeux
15 November 2014, 18:57
Yep Stick.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ammo. It comes through the mail all the time, nobody would know unless the package broke open. They shouldn't be mailing it via usps and it would be a good idea to let them know that they could get an earful from a postal inspector. As far as the tracking information goes - usps tracking shows the last scan and not where the package is currently headed/eta to next facility etc. It's especially frustrating for standard mail going to Alaska via boat as it may appear as though the package hasn't moved for days, even though the package never stops moving.

I've been with the usps for 12 years - they aren't perfect but generally provide a good service at a reasonable price. Also if you reload, order bullets in bulk. They can be loaded up to 75lbs in a flat rate box for pretty cheap shipping.

SwissyJim
15 November 2014, 19:40
I It's especially frustrating for standard mail going to Alaska via boat as it may appear as though the package hasn't moved for days, even though the package never stops moving.

^this... I've ordered a number of AR500 steel targets off eBay and such, and due to the weight sometimes the barcode gets messed up and they can't be scanned too. Hell, I had one that was so bad there was not way anyone could know the address but it made it to my local post office due to the zipcode, which was the ONLY thing readable. Luckily my mailman saw it when the truck loaders were saying they had no idea where it was going as my address was totally obscured. He laughed and said he knew where it was going.... the advantage to going shooting and beer drinking with your mailman!

It's always a surprise when something shows up at my door when it shows in trackingt hat it's still at the shippers!

WHSmithIV
15 November 2014, 22:15
UPS takes forever to send ammo trust me i know

I've had ammo through UPS with no problem. Must be because I live in Idaho. Got 120 rounds of steel cored armor piercing stuff a year ago. My .32 S&W ammo and a few boxes of .45 ammo all showed up no problem.

WHSmithIV
15 November 2014, 22:20
I wouldn't worry too much about the ammo. It comes through the mail all the time, nobody would know unless the package broke open. They shouldn't be mailing it via usps and it would be a good idea to let them know that they could get an earful from a postal inspector. As far as the tracking information goes - usps tracking shows the last scan and not where the package is currently headed/eta to next facility etc. It's especially frustrating for standard mail going to Alaska via boat as it may appear as though the package hasn't moved for days, even though the package never stops moving.

I've been with the usps for 12 years - they aren't perfect but generally provide a good service at a reasonable price. Also if you reload, order bullets in bulk. They can be loaded up to 75lbs in a flat rate box for pretty cheap shipping.

I know. It's also quite likely to get here. A guy who retired from the post office a couple years ago sent me a bandoleer of .303 ammo when I bought my Lee Enfield. He sent it through USPS even though he very well know that he wasn't supposed to. I'm just a bit worried that the company who sent it could get in trouble and I wouldn't want to see that happen.

WHSmithIV
15 November 2014, 22:23
Mailing hazmat through USPS is a big no-go. You typically get what you pay for.

Yep, it is a big no-no. I think someone in the shipping dept. screwed up. That's why I think I should let the company know about it when it gets here. That way they can prevent that mistake from happening again and keep themselves out of trouble.

JoshAston
19 November 2014, 07:52
If you can cancel your order and buy the ammo locally you've got an LPK on the way

WHSmithIV
20 November 2014, 01:16
Just so you all know, it did arrive USPS last Monday. So, I have most of the lower parts now plus, that small box of ammo was in there. Sure wish they hadn't sent it USPS though. That was a big no no.

WHSmithIV
20 November 2014, 01:18
If you can cancel your order and buy the ammo locally you've got an LPK on the way

I couldn't Josh, it was already sent and in USPS. It did get here though. If I have an extra LPK, not a problem, I have some parts I'm putting together for Rob down in Virginia who's struggling to afford to build his first one. I'll pay an entire LPK forward to him. I know he needs it. He has a ACT trigger that he won with his 4th prize from Gunstruction. I've been helping to guide him through the build process with real time chatting with him. Rob and I are friends on Facebook. He just got his upper and lower receiver set. Now he's saving for his barrel. He's going to build with a 16" .300 blackout barrel. I have parts that guys sent me as extras. I was told to sell them to help me or help pay it forward - whatever I needed.. I'm paying it forward.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have a few extra parts in my box, someone is going to ask a question "Do any of you have one of these?" and I'm going to say "yep I do. Just PM me your address and it's yours".

That's what you guys have done for me. This pistol I am working on will be as much WEVO's pistol as mine. I sure do hope some guys manage to wander around to Idaho some day. My wife and I will share our home with you. I can actually provide an extra deer tag next year too for nothing if someone wants to come visit for hunting. I get two next year and one of them only costs me around $12.50 including the extra hunting license.