PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh :D

xAZxE30x
16 November 2014, 02:18
I started my 300BLK build, finally!

I have been wanting an 8.2" Noveske for a bit now. Picked one up with a HS bolt. Now for the rest :) I am excited!!

I also need to get to work processing some brass...

Kopis
17 November 2014, 14:42
is going to be an SBR or pistol? ive got a 7.5" noveske upper in 556. Really solid quality and runs 100% reliable unlike all the anti AR pistol guys said.

xAZxE30x
29 November 2014, 10:03
is going to be an SBR or pistol? ive got a 7.5" noveske upper in 556. Really solid quality and runs 100% reliable unlike all the anti AR pistol guys said.

It will be going on an SBR lower I have. Once i get the stamp back on another lower then it will have its own dedicated lower

six8
29 November 2014, 11:05
Sweet. I want to start a 300 build but keep putting it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
29 November 2014, 13:49
Are you going to be running this one suppressed

xAZxE30x
29 November 2014, 14:03
Sweet. I want to start a 300 build but keep putting it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept putting it off and then the barrel went in stock and cheaper so I had to grab it!

Are you going to be running this one suppressed

Sure am GOST! Going to run 100% of the time. Also going to pick up a 556 can so they both can be dedicated. my paperwork/orders are being placed this week once one of my lowers gets picked up

SwissyJim
29 November 2014, 14:24
you'll LOVE the 300blk suppressed... my new favorite gun. I don't shoot much else these days! If you're not already, get into reloading... much cheaper for sub ammo.

WHSmithIV
29 November 2014, 14:26
I think a suppressed .300 Blackout SBR will be in my future too. IMHO it's the perfect home defense gun with a light on it.

Calico Jack
29 November 2014, 15:16
I bought a lower yesterday for this exact reason. I think I am going 10.5 or 11.5 for a SBR.

WHSmithIV
29 November 2014, 16:32
That's probably what I'll do also Calico Jack. Considering the length of the suppressor I'll go short on the barrel - maybe as short as 8". Have to get a tax stamp for the SBR and another for the suppressor. Definitely going to set up a trust for this plan but it's down the road aways.

SwissyJim
29 November 2014, 17:02
That's probably what I'll do also Calico Jack. Considering the length of the suppressor I'll go short on the barrel - maybe as short as 8". Have to get a tax stamp for the SBR and another for the suppressor. Definitely going to set up a trust for this plan but it's down the road aways.

I'm having phenomenal luck with my 8.2" Aero 300blk barrel... everything I have thrown at it goes bang like it should, even my own loads. I tend to look at the 8" pistol gas barrel as the optimal, throw a can on it and you're still short overall. And I've been pinging steel out at 200yrds with super loads with no problem - still quiet, except for the sonic crack of course.

xAZxE30x
29 November 2014, 19:04
you'll LOVE the 300blk suppressed... my new favorite gun. I don't shoot much else these days! If you're not already, get into reloading... much cheaper for sub ammo.

I have an XL650 awaiting supplies for 300blk! I have been reloading for about 2 years now. 9mm and 5.56 only.

I decided that paying an extra $50 per thousand is worth my time cutting and forming the brass. Although I will do it sometime, I actually like the process of reloading and doing things myself

Dstrbdmedic167
29 November 2014, 19:13
I have an XL650 awaiting supplies for 300blk! I have been reloading for about 2 years now. 9mm and 5.56 only.

I decided that paying an extra $50 per thousand is worth my time cutting and forming the brass. Although I will do it sometime, I actually like the process of reloading and doing things myself

I found a good place for bullets if your interested. $.20 per bullet for 190gr Nosler CC. They have others that may suit your taste as well. Let me know

SwissyJim
30 November 2014, 00:19
I found a good place for bullets if your interested. $.20 per bullet for 190gr Nosler CC. They have others that may suit your taste as well. Let me know

blems or normal run? not that it matters... just curious if its the same place I watch!

I'm testing some 203g coated cast bullets... work good, decent accuracy, just going to make 110% sure that the coating does in fact keep any leading from occurring before I ever attach the suppressor with them.

xAZxE30x
30 November 2014, 14:10

would love to know! Feel free to PM if you want to keep it quiet ;)

Dstrbdmedic167
30 November 2014, 14:14
Sorry missed you early Jim. They are "blems" of you consider them blems. I have yet to find one... I have those 203gr and haven't had much luck I'll sell you what I have left lol

And to those curios I got them from shooters pro shop they have a sale going on now so 15% off everything with a flat $12 shipping. I got 300 190gr Nosler CC and 50 200gr partition for $75 shipped

SwissyJim
30 November 2014, 14:29
SPS runs good deals on blems when they get them... who I use too.

Strangely enough, I was having all sorts of issues with the 203g cast ones (I think we talked about this in another thread?) and I actually just got them working. I was flaring the case too much, and I wasn't doing much to begin with. But... less is more, and sam with the crimp. Really no crimp at ALL, just putting the caseflaring back to normal. That, and a buddy who has shot cast for years in cowboy action shooting told me to chamfer the inside of the case mouth after I flared it - between that and the lesser flare, I have been having great luck with them. At 10¢ a projectile, I'll give them a chance. But, I'm loading up 300 today and going to shoot them all unsuppressed and check for any leading. I see any, and I'm done with them. I'm hoping guys like xtreme bullets will come up with a heavy plated sub bullet for 308. I bought 200 of the 220g ones from blackoutbullets to try, but they are still 27¢ a hit.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 November 2014, 17:25
When your ready to buy mine let me know.

SwissyJim
30 November 2014, 19:35
When your ready to buy mine let me know.

LOL we'll see when I'm at the end of mine. I see any leading signs, I'm done with them. I'll pay a little more for plated/jacketed to keep it clean(er) in the suppressor.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 November 2014, 19:35
LOL we'll see when I'm at the end of mine. I see any leading signs, I'm done with them. I'll pay a little more for plated/jacketed to keep it clean(er) in the suppressor.

I gotcha! What's your load?

Kopis
2 December 2014, 10:47

I just got a calico jack with the Parley, Plunder and ARRR markings, definitely my fav lower for looks. Seekins for function.

WHSmithIV
2 December 2014, 11:19
After I set up a trust I'm most definitely going to find myself a Thompson .45 too [:)]

SwissyJim
2 December 2014, 18:01
I gotcha! What's your load?

I found that running 10.6g of A1680 got me at the bottom end up acceptable - 935fps avg, but not 100% reliable BHO unsuppressed. 11.6 was approaching too fast @ 1095fps avg, and I settled on 11.0g A1680 with an avg of 995fps. All looked pretty equal on accuracy, although I really did not test for accuracy. All my shooting was unmagnified red dot @ 25 yards. COAL is 1.98

Hopefully I see no leading issues, as it would be fun to have a cheap plinker to screw around with. We'll see after 300 rounds this week.

Dstrbdmedic167
2 December 2014, 18:06
I found that running 10.6g of A1680 got me at the bottom end up acceptable - 935fps avg, but not 100% reliable BHO unsuppressed. 11.6 was approaching too fast @ 1095fps avg, and I settled on 11.0g A1680 with an avg of 995fps. All looked pretty equal on accuracy, although I really did not test for accuracy. All my shooting was unmagnified red dot @ 25 yards. COAL is 1.98

Hopefully I see no leading issues, as it would be fun to have a cheap plinker to screw around with. We'll see after 300 rounds this week.

Thanks! Keep me updated. With how it works out. I have 1680
But that's usually for my WLV. I've been using Lil Gun with my 300blk loads.

SwissyJim
2 December 2014, 21:04
I'm also going to try them with A5744... for some reason, I was finding this all summer long - I managed to collect 8 pounds of it. Seems no one knows what it is or for. I've done my 208Amax loads with it and have had great luck. For my super loads I've been running H110 and M80 pulls for plinking. I haven't farted around with the Barnes 110g blacktips I got as blemishes... going to see how they do for a possible Caribou hunt next fall. Otherwise I'll get something from Lehigh Defense for the hunt as their 194g sub expanding rounds are excellent (and SPENDY!)

xAZxE30x
30 January 2015, 10:00
Got a notification from Rainier last night about the Noveske upper receiver I wanted. Now I just need to get my hands on a NSR 7 and I will be in business!