PDA

View Full Version : So you didn't win it... what did you buy?

SwissyJim
16 November 2014, 18:42
Thought I'd start this... thread regarding the giveaway, sponsors, items and NOT winning something. Now, I did win a CMT upper, which takes me out of other items I was hoping to win... so to date, I've bought 2 items. 1) Parallax rail and 2) OEM Weapon Supply rail.

Cool thing is, before the giveaway I'd never heard of OEM (and a lot of other sponsors). I really liked their rail with the stars, and I ended up buying the 9.31" one star textured rail to (possibly) pair with the upper I won to make a new 5.56 upper for my SBR. Either that, or I'll do a .458Socom upper with the CMT upper. Either way, I'm using the OEM rail for the SBR and a 10½" 5.56 upper.

Also eying the King's Arsenal seat covers... I wanted those most of all!! May just buy those too...

So... what sponsors had you not heard of, and what have you bought from them?
(or have I been 'couch-gating' with too much beer today...?[crazy]

UWone77
16 November 2014, 18:49
I've posted this pic before, but after handling the winner's Troy Polymer VFG, I went out and purchased one myself.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2530_zps094ae22b.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2530_zps094ae22b.jpg.html)

FortTom
16 November 2014, 18:53
It was a win-win for me. I found the folks at MDWS (Mad Dog Weapons Systems) who donated to the SM 100K. They were giving away a .277 WLV (Wolverine) barrel. I knew the odds of me winning were approximately zero, so I went to their website, and the owner, Mark, gave me a hell of a deal on a new 18" SS in .277 WLV. Then the forum introduced Aero Precision as a new vendor, and I got another hell of a deal on a slick side upper, which is perfect, because this will be a dedicated varmint gun, so no need for F/A. All I needed was an upper. Logged in one night and found my name was drawn by Stickman for a rail, and a damned nice one at that. UWone77 sent me a new parallax 15" keymod. All of this happened within a couple of days. Couldn't be luckier or happier.;)

P.S. Plus GOST made me the most badass avatar on WEVO. I'm surprised UWone77 or Stickman hasn't made me give it back and give it to them.[:D]

FT

EDIT: OOPS!! Forgot the what did I buy part. Bought a new Fail Zero NiB BCG.

GOST
16 November 2014, 19:00
I won but I ended up buying a SRS02. Why I'm really not sure.

Ride4frnt
16 November 2014, 19:02
You and I think alike Swissy! I want those kings arsenal seat covers. My biggest problem with seat covers is they never got properly, being custom made they should fit snugly, and my truck needs black seats.

camomike
16 November 2014, 19:12
Haven't bought them yet, But plan on picking up the Arson light mount and a CMC trigger. Also, I am Kicking extra business back to AERO by having them up grade the upper receiver I won and adding a rail to it. Sadly it's going to be a while before I can start building up the .308 set for my dad. My bank account still needs to recover form the last build.

SwissyJim
16 November 2014, 19:16
You and I think alike Swissy! I want those kings arsenal seat covers. My biggest problem with seat covers is they never got properly, being custom made they should fit snugly, and my truck needs black seats.
I've got an older truck, and between the wear and other use I could use a new covering. Plus come spring my truck becomes a pit of cigar paraphernalia, fishing gear, shooting stuff and more. Having a better storage system would kick some serious arse. Not to mention they just look badass. Altho they'll take a backseat to some other purchases...

FortTom
16 November 2014, 19:21
I've got an older truck, and between the wear and other use I could use a new covering. Plus come spring my truck becomes a pit of cigar paraphernalia, fishing gear, shooting stuff and more. Having a better storage system would kick some serious arse. Not to mention they just look badass. Altho they'll take a backseat to some other purchases...

That's not a reason to recover your seats. Man, that's history and memories..[:D]

UWone77
16 November 2014, 19:26
Haven't bought them yet, But plan on picking up the Arson light mount and a CMC trigger. Also, I am Kicking extra business back to AERO by having them up grade the upper receiver I won and adding a rail to it. Sadly it's going to be a while before I can start building up the .308 set for my dad. My bank account still needs to recover form the last build.

First world problems Mike... This will be a good project to follow over the next year.

SwissyJim
16 November 2014, 19:37
That's not a reason to recover your seats. Man, that's history and memories..[:D]
Some memories I'd rather pass on... like the one where my dog was in heat and I didn't know about it? I tell people the stain is fish blood, but then they ask me why in the hell was I cleaning fish on my seat...? [crazy]

Dstrbdmedic167
16 November 2014, 19:40
Most of the companies who donated I have already purchased from. I have my eye one a few things but no major plans are in the works despite me having a lower in my safe sitting all alone.... (Hint hint)

alamo5000
16 November 2014, 19:43
I won an CMT UPR4 and wound up with this:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6624-My-Stickman-AR-Build-Complete-%28with-pics%29&highlight=

Computalotapus
16 November 2014, 20:02
Well I didn't win anything. But then again I only entered the Veteran's Day giveaway. I am not in the big giveaway due to my own choice to not be on facebook. And I have not bought anything either. But my smoking hot wife ordered my a blem Aero lower when they came available on their site for a very short time on Friday. FortTom is mailing me a Foliage Green Magpul MOE+ (rubberized) grip. My oldest kid bought me a Foliage Green MagPul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock today. Maybe on the 6th I will justify the rest of the parts for the lower as a bday present to myself. After that the upper will have to wait till after January for the AR-47 Build.

RobSWVA
16 November 2014, 22:43
ordered myself an upper and lower (blems) from Black Forge this past week and should be arriving in the next couple of days. Can't wait to get this build off the ground. hopefully will have some parts kits ordered by Dec. and putting some pieces together

Simi-audamadik
17 November 2014, 01:28
I haven't won anything nor am I expecting to. The nicest part is, I've come across a bunch of different vendors that I'd never heard of prior to joining here. I learned that Parallax Tactical was having a blem sale and managed to snag a REALLY NICE 15" keymd rail for about half price! For $114 it was shipped to my office and I had a really hard time finding the blems. Since this is probably going to turn into a lightweight patrol carbine, the SLIGHT blems don't matter anyway. Soon as I get it atttached I'll post pix. Still looking at purchases from other donors, but really trying to catch stuff on sale to help with cost. Really glad to have found this place!

Later!

simi

camomike
17 November 2014, 09:38
Well I didn't win anything. But then again I only entered the Veteran's Day giveaway. I am not in the big giveaway due to my own choice to not be on facebook. And I have not bought anything either. But my smoking hot wife ordered my a blem Aero lower when they came available on their site for a very short time on Friday. FortTom is mailing me a Foliage Green Magpul MOE+ (rubberized) grip. My oldest kid bought me a Foliage Green MagPul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock today. Maybe on the 6th I will justify the rest of the parts for the lower as a bday present to myself. After that the upper will have to wait till after January for the AR-47 Build.

Thinking I'm going to try and go the same route on the .308. Thinking my dad will like the fol/fde combo. Planing on krypteking the fde with Fol duracoat. Hopefully he'll like the plan when I lay it out after Christmas.

Computalotapus
17 November 2014, 09:48
Thinking I'm going to try and go the same route on the .308. Thinking my dad will like the fol/fde combo. Planing on krypteking the fde with Fol duracoat. Hopefully he'll like the plan when I lay it out after Christmas.

I am chomping at the bit to get a .308 build done. Did you see Slippers is selling a .308 receiver set in the WEVO Classifieds (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6662-WTS-Aero-Precision-M5-.308-Receiver-Set)?

UWone77
17 November 2014, 09:50
I am chomping at the bit to get a .308 build done. Did you see Slippers is selling a .308 receiver set in the WEVO Classifieds (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6662-WTS-Aero-Precision-M5-.308-Receiver-Set)?

Comp,

You should pick that set up. That's a steal. You could always put another project on the backburner for a few weeks or a month...

Dstrbdmedic167
17 November 2014, 10:04
Comp,

You should pick that set up. That's a steal. You could always put another project on the backburner for a few weeks or a month...

I second this. Before I buy something I don't need at such awesome price!!

Computalotapus
17 November 2014, 10:14
Comp,

Money is tied up right now. A unplanned trip to Alabama came up I have to go down this weekend to visit some family and pick up some things. Namely my matching serial # set of Belgium made Browning shotguns, M1 Garand, and a few other things that used to belong to my Grandfather that my dad is passing on to me. And before anyone asks no nothing bad has happened just my brother is getting deployed and putting stuff in a storage room and these are things I would prefer not to be in a storage locker. So it is worth the money to trip down and pick these things up so they do not have to sit in storage for 6+ months.

If I was not going on this trip I would have told slippers to delete that post cause it really is a smoking hot deal on that set. I honestly will not have the money for it till mid January if it is still there I will be all over it, if not I will be ordering from Aero in January.

Pyzik
17 November 2014, 10:57
I've been putting a list together.

Arisaka mount/body.
I plan on an Aero upper for this pistol build.
Plan on a few ETS mags.
My build after this pistol will be with the Joe Bob Billet set.
Looking to pick up a VLTOR stock to replace this UBR.
BCM and Great Lakes Ammo was already on the list.

Wife ordered my Sig Brace from Optics Planet.

KW900A
17 November 2014, 11:22
I'm making some mental notes of things I want too. I'm not buying anything until the giveaway is over. Should I win something, being fairly new to the AR game, it could steer my next purchase.

A definite purchase will be a new 50mm scope for my .308 SPS Tactical from optics planet. I cut some corners due to money when I bought the one that's on it, and it has a hard time holding zero now.

I've learned about quite a few companies through this, so a win of some sort would be nice, just as a 'guide'

I do have a M&P .22 coming from palmetto state armory as we speak

SwissyJim
17 November 2014, 11:42
so good to see everyone supporting the sponsors! I forgot to mention the Multitasker tool, Umbrella BCG and Aero barel I now own... and probably going to use Aero for my 10½" 5.56 barrel as well.

KW900A
17 November 2014, 12:00
so good to see everyone supporting the sponsors! I forgot to mention the Multitasker tool, Umbrella BCG and Aero barel I now own... and probably going to use Aero for my 10½" 5.56 barrel as well.

What do you think of the multitasker tool? Been eyeing that myself.

Ride4frnt
17 November 2014, 12:48

The multitasker series three as well as the emerson/multitasker edc-2 are incredible tools. I don't own either but have handled both. They are both on my Xmas list.

SwissyJim
17 November 2014, 13:17
Well... depends. If you want small, light and inexpensive don't buy it! [:D]

But... if you want solid, sturdy, handy, effective and just overall coolness, buy all means get one!

I just got it last week so have not really done much with it. However, I did sit in front of the last 2 shows of the Walking Dead last night and cleaned some guns, of which I tried the carbon scraper tool and I gotta say that thing is sweet- it seems to have the perfect angle for scraping a bolt. The tool has a VERY solid feel to it, the machining is top notch, the tools lock perfectly (that do lock) and you get the feeling it will be a long life tool. I like that you can screw on normal thread sized cleaning implements like brushes and such.

It will be a great tool in my range box. I'm sure I'll get some more use out of it soon, but as of now I haven't spent enough time with it to really review it. But I can say I do not regret getting it.

GaSwamper
17 November 2014, 14:31
Well after winning the Wolvie barrel and ALG I had to get an upper receiver. After looking at all those CMT's I couldn't resist so ended up buying a UPR-4.

mustangfreek
17 November 2014, 23:57
Do it comp...[:D]

toolboxluis00200
18 November 2014, 00:09
small list of a few places i need to drop a few coins
rainierarms.com

KW900A
18 November 2014, 07:43
Thanks for the info SwissyJim... Sounds like it stays on the list

Parallax tactical and BDL Custom are two companies I have not heard about before this. Both will get some of my dollars in the near future.

ddearmon2010
18 November 2014, 08:37
can't buy till after Christmas... 4 teen kids get fucking expensive quick.... my wife may have bought me something though

MonkeyBomb
18 November 2014, 09:31
I haven't bought a whole lot since Christmas is coming up. I might have ordered some stuff for my wife to give me for Christmas (she takes the mystery out of Christmas) A MI SS hand guard for a pistol that I hate the upper set up. A Sig Brace. I wouldn't buy one for myself but as a gift.....................;) Probably a better muzzle device for the pistol also. That thing is loud. I need to throw that hot mess forward.

GOST
18 November 2014, 09:42
Probably a better muzzle device for the pistol also. That thing is loud. I need to throw that hot mess forward.

You may want to check this one out.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6529-NEW-Griffin-Armament-Linear-Comp

RobSWVA
18 November 2014, 10:49
ordered myself an upper and lower (blems) from Black Forge this past week and should be arriving in the next couple of days. Can't wait to get this build off the ground. hopefully will have some parts kits ordered by Dec. and putting some pieces together

A little update on my purchase. Black Forge has awesome turn around time. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, and in my hands on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that, especially for free shipping. Please excuse the paper lint from the packaging on the receivers, was too excited to share to worry about perfection with my picture.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10317720_10204488889358143_2366786157981265142_o.j pg

UWone77
19 November 2014, 10:06
A little update on my purchase. Black Forge has awesome turn around time. Ordered early afternoon on Friday, and in my hands on Tuesday morning. Can't beat that, especially for free shipping. Please excuse the paper lint from the packaging on the receivers, was too excited to share to worry about perfection with my picture.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10317720_10204488889358143_2366786157981265142_o.j pg

I didn't even know Black Forge made receivers or branded some.

What made you decide on them vs. the other sponsors? Price? Previous experience?

RobSWVA
19 November 2014, 10:15
I didn't even know Black Forge made receivers or branded some.

What made you decide on them vs. the other sponsors? Price? Previous experience?

Well, for one the price, 59.95 each for blems. Plus they are one of the first manufacturers that I have been following since picking up the build bug, so I have had my mind on their receivers for a while now. Also, I like supporting the smaller businesses where and when I can.

UWone77
20 November 2014, 10:07
Well, for one the price, 59.95 each for blems. Plus they are one of the first manufacturers that I have been following since picking up the build bug, so I have had my mind on their receivers for a while now. Also, I like supporting the smaller businesses where and when I can.

I admit... I was tempted for a few seconds by the Bushmaster lowers at Brownells for $49.99

Not because I think Bushmaster is all that, but my first AR was a Bushmaster, and I kind of wanted a lower for memories sake. Might still get one. Having said that, $59.95 for blems is a great deal.

GOST
20 November 2014, 10:19
Primary Arms had Anderson lowers for $39.95 but I think they went back up to $49.95.

UWone77
20 November 2014, 10:21
Primary Arms had Anderson lowers for $39.95 but I think they went back up to $49.95.

Anderson Lowers just look like they should be $39.99

Pyzik
20 November 2014, 10:27
They're uppers are like $34.

Gonna order one here when I get a chance.

skijunkie55
20 November 2014, 10:30
I didn't win anything so I bought a surefire suppressor yesterday... :D

six8
20 November 2014, 10:40
BCM Mod 3 grip. BCM KAG. SF 6p Defender. Arisaka mount.

I have 3 spare lowers plus a cerakoted Aero lower and upper. Think I'll build a .300 after Christmas.

nCarnage
20 November 2014, 17:49
I won a FB prize, which I recall is different from the forum prizes.

Bought me a CMC single stage 3.5lb flat trigger. Planning on a CMT billet upper OR the new Fortis Billet upper. maybe some face stabbers. Im really trying hard to save for a Centurion Arms 14.5 barrel. Its not one of their prizes but I need and want one.

Why so many awesome things to buy but so little money? I should of went into a different field but the funny stories I have are so great that people just dont believe me.

GOST
20 November 2014, 18:01
I won a FB prize, which I recall is different from the forum prizes.

Bought me a CMC single stage 3.5lb flat trigger. Planning on a CMT billet upper OR the new Fortis Billet upper. maybe some face stabbers. Im really trying hard to save for a Centurion Arms 14.5 barrel. Its not one of their prizes but I need and want one.

Why so many awesome things to buy but so little money? I should of went into a different field but the funny stories I have are so great that people just dont believe me.
I've not seen the Centurion 14.5" made in awhile. The ones that Monty used to sell were the 16" that had been cut down to 14.5", that meant that you lost about 1.5" of the internal taper of the bore. The last barrels I've seen them offer were 14.7" carbine length gas system. A 14.5" BCM ELW would be killer with that build, the reviews have been great for that barrel.

RobSWVA
20 November 2014, 18:32
I admit... I was tempted for a few seconds by the Bushmaster lowers at Brownells for $49.99

Not because I think Bushmaster is all that, but my first AR was a Bushmaster, and I kind of wanted a lower for memories sake. Might still get one. Having said that, $59.95 for blems is a great deal.

yep, and I'm not even sure that I found the blems. found some slight pitting of the finish in a very small area of the lower receiver, still haven't figured out the 'blem' on the upper receiver. Probably some almost non existent scratch or ding. That just goes to show a quality product though, when even the 'blemished' products are virtually indistinguishable from the premium line.

Speaking of Anderson receivers, I had the option to buy a complete one w/ the stock and everything at the local shop, but once I budgeted out that versus buying parts and building my own, it was cheaper to do the latter option so I ordered from Black Forge. So why go w/ Anderson when you can get a better quality receiver (personal opinion) and build a lower for cheaper? Plus the shop wanted like 85 for a stripped Anderson, so it was a no brainer; and I always feel better about supporting the smaller manufacturers than buying from the mega businesses and more established brands.

nCarnage
20 November 2014, 18:52
I've not seen the Centurion 14.5" made in awhile. The ones that Monty used to sell were the 16" that had been cut down to 14.5", that meant that you lost about 1.5" of the internal taper of the bore. The last barrels I've seen them offer were 14.7" carbine length gas system. A 14.5" BCM ELW would be killer with that build, the reviews have been great for that barrel.

Well that's good to know. Just don't know what barrel I want to get. Some Companies grabbed my eye since the giveaway. All reputable too. So it's just a hard decision. Also price and Reliability play a big role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ride4frnt
20 November 2014, 18:55
Well that's good to know. Just don't know what barrel I want to get. Some Companies grabbed my eye since the giveaway. All reputable too. So it's just a hard decision. Also price and Reliability play a big role.

Rainier barrels are hard to beat.

nCarnage
20 November 2014, 18:56
Rainier barrels are hard to beat.

I do like that fluted look. So many choices. And they do pin gas blocks which is what I want.

GOST
20 November 2014, 18:58

I've got a BCM BFH 14.5" and it's been very nice. If your wanting polished feed ramps Daniel Defense and BCM both have them.

nCarnage
20 November 2014, 19:03
I've got a BCM BFH 14.5" and it's been very nice. If your wanting polished feed ramps Daniel Defense and BCM both have them.

Thanks. PM sent

GOST
21 November 2014, 06:35
Looky what came in the mail.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8620/15656964878_6f4b522a7a_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123747005@N02/15656964878/) SRS02 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123747005@N02/15656964878/) by gostsystems (https://www.flickr.com/people/123747005@N02/), on Flickr

ddearmon2010
21 November 2014, 14:49

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8620/15656964878_6f4b522a7a_c.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123747005@N02/15656964878/) SRS02 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/123747005@N02/15656964878/) by gostsystems (https://www.flickr.com/people/123747005@N02/), on Flickr

that's nice

MonkeyBomb
21 November 2014, 21:05
I couldn't pass up a deal on a BCM Upper receiver and a Mod 1 Grip. That will be the beginning of my next build. I just have to finish the current upgrades/rebuild before I start another one.

DutyUse
21 November 2014, 23:46

You've got some good taste in gear :D

GOST
22 November 2014, 01:36
You've got some good taste in gear :D

My taste isn't that good, but if you're willing to shop around you can find these a lot cheaper now.

UWone77
22 November 2014, 18:00
My taste isn't that good, but if you're willing to shop around you can find these a lot cheaper now.

I know there's been some rumblings about the SRS as not everyone is pleased with it. I'm curious to see what you think about it GOST after you get some trigger time behind it.

BUT... I think I need one. I've played around and shot Stick's guns with his SRS and am generally impressed with it, especially the larger tube. However, it was always hard to justify the fact they were twice the money as a PRO. They have come down in price, and they're also available at somewhat reasonable prices on the secondary market. The version with the included BOBRO mount in my opinion is the only way to go. They shouldn't even offer the cheesy Trijicon Mount version.

nCarnage
22 November 2014, 18:25

very nice. Wanted one but for some reason when I want one of those, I tell myself to try to save more money for an ACOG. Sad to say, I dont have either. Darn me building things.

GOST
22 November 2014, 18:35
Absolutely love the Bobro mount. Don't have a lot of trigger time behind it yet. When facing really bright sunlight you will get a emmitter reflection, so far this has not bothered me yet. This reflection issue could probably be resolved if Trijicon would polarize the lenses. The FOV is incredible, picking up the dot is easy. There is no tube effect with this RDS. Was planning to get another H1 for my last build but found this for $600 new never mounted. For that price I think it's worth it. It's like an EXPS3 and a PRO had a baby. In all honesty it doesn't feel any heavier than both of the previously 2 mentioned. So far I'll give it a thumbs up if found under $700.

UWone77
22 November 2014, 18:41
Which reminds me, I need to knock out some of the want list stuff next year in optics. I need some new "photo props" That's how I justify it to the wife anyway [:D]

Trijicon SRS
Trijicon TA31RCO
Trijicon VCOG
Elcan SpecterDR

GOST
22 November 2014, 18:44
That's a very expensive list. Good luck with it. You need to add a Valdada Pitbull to it.[BD]

SwissyJim
22 November 2014, 19:04
damn... I have list envy!!!!!

and my Parallax rail showed up today! I was all happy about it until I saw 'the list' :(

RobSWVA
22 November 2014, 19:28
yeh, UWone's list is my never going to fulfill list, lol. Waaay out of my budget, but would be killer to have one of the mentioned optics.

JHoward
22 November 2014, 19:31
LOL My list of want parts would be covered by one of your want parts. LOL

GOST
22 November 2014, 19:33
Don't let the list get to you. To try and ease list pain I'll try to counter act with a more affordable list:

Tabasco flavored Slim Jims
Top Shelf along Island Ice Tea
Chimichangas
General Tso's Chicken

PS Swissy since your in Alaska can you get me a penguin? Watch this video and you'll understand.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11xs9mFKObs

toolboxluis00200
22 November 2014, 20:07
Don't let the list get to you. To try and ease list pain I'll try to counter act with a more affordable list:

Chimichangas
General Tso's Chicken

PS Swissy since your in Alaska can you get me a penguin? Watch this video and you'll understand.

that is awesome

RobSWVA
22 November 2014, 20:10

Chimichangas
General Tso's Chicken

Lol, I dont think they make Alaskan/arctic penguins; and I've heard through history info that they taste like crap, no matter what you do to them, lol.

Now, if they can train that penguin to grab some beer while he is chowing down on fish, they got themselves a winner.

SwissyJim
22 November 2014, 20:36
LOL... yeah, no penguins up here. Best I could do would be a polar bear! Maybe a flock of seagulls?[:D]

And they really have Tabasco Slim Jims?!?

Ride4frnt
23 November 2014, 08:26
LOL... yeah, no penguins up here. Best I could do would be a polar bear! Maybe a flock of seagulls?[:D]

And they really have Tabasco Slim Jims?!?

The man has never had a Tabasco slim jim. A travesty!

GOST
23 November 2014, 08:56
Starting to really get worried that there are no Tabasco flavored Slim Jims in Alaska.

SwissyJim
23 November 2014, 09:15
I'm on a mission today! Hell, I haven't looked at Slim Jim's in years. What other flavors have I missed out on? Dear God don't tell me they have a Sriracha sauce one [adore]

RobSWVA
23 November 2014, 13:46
I'm on a mission today! Hell, I haven't looked at Slim Jim's in years. What other flavors have I missed out on? Dear God don't tell me they have a Sriracha sauce one [adore]

I'm not 100% there is a slim jim for sure, but I know I've seen sriracha jerky and some brand of meat stick similar to or an actual Slim Jim

FortTom
23 November 2014, 14:34

Chimichangas
General Tso's Chicken

GOST, that might be a long swim for SJ, I do believe all non-captive penguins live south of the equator, the antartic, South Africa, etc.. Better yet, how about we split the price on one and see if we can get one from EBAY? I'll cut him up and pack your share in dry ice and send it to you. I'll put my half in the smoker. MMmmmmmm, ssmoked penguin.... we might get SJ to send us a baby seal. One club in the head, gut that sucker and we'll have enough to have left overs for a couple of days. Like mine BBQ'd, shredded and on a Hawaiian bun. Sound like a plan?

GOST
23 November 2014, 14:42
I'm wanting the penguin for a spotter, not a meal.

FortTom
23 November 2014, 15:51
I'm wanting the penguin for a spotter, not a meal.
Yeah, you'll need a whole penguin for that. Once I split him, your half probably wouldn't work out to well as a spotter. If you change your mind, let me know, they taste just like chicken....mmmmmm....

FT

GOST
23 November 2014, 20:05
I only like the xtra crispy chicken skin from KFC. I wish they would sell just the skin. Colonel Sanders, one great American.

JHoward
23 November 2014, 21:18
So, is there a thread with all of the giveaways going on? I seem to miss them all... I saw Stick mention a giveaway that starts on Dec 1? Is that the 100K Giveaway? I missed the extra Veteran's Day giveaway and I was very sad....

DutyUse
23 November 2014, 21:22
So, is there a thread with all of the giveaways going on? I seem to miss them all... I saw Stick mention a giveaway that starts on Dec 1? Is that the 100K Giveaway? I missed the extra Veteran's Day giveaway and I was very sad....

Best way to stay informed is Stickman's FB. He's giving away a surefire 100rnd tonight, might want to get yourself in :D

Ride4frnt
23 November 2014, 21:33

Yes it's all part of the 100k GAW. Stick and UW took the month of November off and will start up again in December.

JHoward
23 November 2014, 21:33
I'm in. But I cannot figure out how to make Stick's posts show up on my newsfeed. I have to search his name to see anything.

JHoward
23 November 2014, 21:39
I think I got it. Time will tell.

RobSWVA
23 November 2014, 21:59
I'm in. But I cannot figure out how to make Stick's posts show up on my newsfeed. I have to search his name to see anything.

after you like his page, click the like button again and there is an option to 'get notifications'. that way you will get a notification on your newsfeed page every time he posts something.

camomike
24 November 2014, 06:56
Hoping BF let's me nab a CMC trigger for cheap. Either that or a decent 2 stage for this .308. Still researching .308. Sounds like the barrel makes the build. RAINIER will be getting the business for that. Need to talk to my dad after I give him the set/rail for christmas to see how he wants it fleshed out. Then we'll start looking at the donor list to start grabbing gear.

toolboxluis00200
24 November 2014, 10:08
I only like the xtra crispy chicken skin from KFC. I wish they would sell just the skin. Colonel Sanders, one great American.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i love the skin

ducrider14
24 November 2014, 11:47
Haven't won anything yet, fingers crossed, figured I'd at least pick up a blade.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/ducrider749S/90202A91-C289-4D48-9387-1A7974239200_zpsfvqxsaky.jpg (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/ducrider749S/media/90202A91-C289-4D48-9387-1A7974239200_zpsfvqxsaky.jpg.html)

Pyzik
24 November 2014, 11:51
Haven't won anything yet, fingers crossed, figured I'd at least pick up a blade.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q17/ducrider749S/90202A91-C289-4D48-9387-1A7974239200_zpsfvqxsaky.jpg (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/ducrider749S/media/90202A91-C289-4D48-9387-1A7974239200_zpsfvqxsaky.jpg.html)

That is very nice!

toolboxluis00200
24 November 2014, 12:18

how much did that cost you ??

GOST
24 November 2014, 16:15
That's one sexy knife!

Dstrbdmedic167
27 November 2014, 16:35
I finally took the plunge and got the Spartan lower from Joe Bob outfitters since I didn't win one here lol. Can't wait to get that sucker going!!

Vesticles
27 November 2014, 17:47
I got myself a Birthday present on Monday, from Tactical Distributers. Arc'teryx Naga hoody in grey for $100 + free overnight shipping! Got it Tuesday, and I gotta say, it is awesome!

GaSwamper
27 November 2014, 20:11
Coyote Rifleworks made the deal on the trust just too tempting. NFA trust done! Now to start saving for one of those noise reducing thingies. Coyote made it a very easy process BTW, and customer service was good. 10 min. after purchase my phone was ringing.

SwissyJim
27 November 2014, 20:40
Coyote Rifleworks made the deal on the trust just too tempting. NFA trust done! Now to start saving for one of those noise reducing thingies. Coyote made it a very easy process BTW, and customer service was good. 10 min. after purchase my phone was ringing.
Awesome! good for you.. Welcome to da 'club'! My advice... plan to save for more than one! LOL I'm waiting on #5... altho I do wish I knew of Coyote before I got my Trust. it would have saved me a ton.

I just got my Aero 10½" 5.56 barrel for a secondary SBR upper. Wondering what sponsor I will 'sponsor' next. If King's Arsenal has their seat covers on sale this BF or CM then the question shall answer itself.

SwissyJim
7 December 2014, 17:56
Finally got some of my purchases from the sponsors... Thanksgiving week sure didn't help with speedy shipping! LOL

BDL
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165145882/shooting/BDL.jpg

Parallax (yes, it's on a M&P15-22... for now!)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165145882/shooting/15-22.jpg

GOST
7 December 2014, 17:59
Those look very nice Swissy.

din
22 December 2014, 13:58
Not contest related, but I finally ordered my 10.5" Noveske bbl for my next build.

I did buy an Lantac Dragon around the time these shenanigans began, but I think once I stop being lazy I'm going to switch my 5.56 back to a Templar Custom MC-E brake.