PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Trigger Groups. Do they ever go on sale?

Canexpat
17 November 2014, 21:48
If I find what I'm looking for should I just grab it? Geissele has their Super Tricon back in stock.

Will there be any movement around Black Friday? Or is this an item that stays pretty much fixed in terms of pricing? $235.00

Thanks!

UWone77
17 November 2014, 22:05
Are you MIL or LE?

Canexpat
17 November 2014, 22:18
Neither Sir. Rookie builder.

UWone77
17 November 2014, 22:22
Neither Sir. Rookie builder.

Some websites like Rainier and DSG arms offer small discounts on Geissele products if you're eligible, which is why I asked. Unfortunately, Geissele products, especially triggers rarely go on sale. However, I have seen some good deals on slightly used products on the various forum EE's.

Canexpat
17 November 2014, 22:31
That was my sense. And thank you for the prompt responses, I'll keep an eye out.

I discovered your site via The Stickman Giveaway. Terrific site with an excellent attitude. Somewhat humbling to realize how little one can know...

UWone77
17 November 2014, 22:36
That was my sense. And thank you for the prompt responses, I'll keep an eye out.

I discovered your site via The Stickman Giveaway. Terrific site with an excellent attitude. Somewhat humbling to realize how little one can know...

I learned a long time ago, "no one knows as much as all of us."

Any particular reason you have to have a Tricon?

mustangfreek
17 November 2014, 23:54
Wait for black friday, is all i got.

din
18 November 2014, 01:33
primary arms puts them on sale a few times a year, and they'll probably have one of their usual huge sales later this month. the only caveat is that it's anybody's guess if they'll have the one you want in stock.

GOST
18 November 2014, 01:36
A good Geissele trigger is the G2S it is normally $165 but I have seen some for $100 new on EBay. It is pretty much a SSA without the markings.

Thompson
18 November 2014, 05:31
A good Geissele trigger is the G2S it is normally $165 but I have seen some for $100 new on EBay. It is pretty much a SSA without the markings.
Would you trust eBay for high dollar stuff that? I'm hesitant to go to eBay for gun stuff ...

GOST
18 November 2014, 05:41
There are a few retailers that use EBay like Primary Arms. Sometimes there prices are cheaper on EBay. But you're right in being skeptical.

Canexpat
18 November 2014, 06:41
Any particular reason you have to have a Tricon?

No reason in particular. My interest to purchase came from commentary by others and conclusions I've reached through reading reviews on the product. I've no hands on experience. I like the flatness of the trigger and ribbing. I'm not married to my purchase intent. Ideas?

My build is my first. Component choices are premised on a utilitarian weapon. I know it's my first & most likely not my last. I'm lefty so I'm going with the San Tan lower, AmTec barrel, KMR 13 rail, Vltor MUR upper and the list goes on...

DutyUse
18 November 2014, 07:26
No reason in particular. My interest to purchase came from commentary by others and conclusions I've reached through reading reviews on the product. I've no hands on experience. I like the flatness of the trigger and ribbing. I'm not married to my purchase intent. Ideas?

My build is my first. Component choices are premised on a utilitarian weapon. I know it's my first & most likely not my last. I'm lefty so I'm going with the San Tan lower, AmTec barrel, KMR 13 rail, Vltor MUR upper and the list goes on...

Sounds like you got a nice functional build in the works. As far as flat triggers I would suggest a geissele SDE. Basically just an SSA-E but with the flat bow. My geissele triggers have been some of the best money I've spent on my rifles.

GOST
18 November 2014, 09:37
I've got a SD3G on a rifle and love it.

CarbonScoring
18 November 2014, 10:12
I've got a SD3G on a rifle and love it.

I've got an SD-C on my BCM and it's by far my favorite trigger.

I've got a G2S as well and it's also excellent. If they'd only come out with a flat version of the G2S.

Thompson
18 November 2014, 13:09
I've got an SD-C on my BCM and it's by far my favorite trigger.

How do you like the SD-C? Was looking into the possibility of getting the SD-E for my 300 BLK build.

Just curious, is there anything particularily special about the Tricon? Specs-wise, they look up to par with all of Bill's other triggers. The only difference I found was the hybrid trigger bow.

WHSmithIV
18 November 2014, 13:18
Or, you could go with the CMC flat trigger. Brownells carries Geissele triggers and have some on sale. Haven't checked which models though.

I just checked Midway and they carry a full range of Geissele triggers. Hang tight for Black Friday and check them too. They may do a site wide sale of 25% off or something like that for Black Friday.

Thompson
18 November 2014, 13:53
Yep - I'm considering that one too. Although - no budget to spend on build until after Christmas.

CarbonScoring
18 November 2014, 19:07
How do you like the SD-C? Was looking into the possibility of getting the SD-E for my 300 BLK build.

After I put a 10-8 flat trigger in my 1911 I was hooked on the feel of a flat trigger. The SD-C is basically an SSA with the flat trigger. To me, I just feel like wherever my finger lands on the trigger, it's where it wants to be, unlike a curved trigger which kind of guides your finger to the center. Also, because you can get farther down on the trigger, it can feel lighter than an SSA because you have more leverage.

Ordnance
18 November 2014, 19:52
Would you trust eBay for high dollar stuff that? I'm hesitant to go to eBay for gun stuff ...

No different than purchasing on gun forums. It comes down to due diligence. Look at who's selling it, what they've sold in the past, and what's their feedback. There are still some amazing deals to be had on ebay, but like everything else Caveat Emptor.

Thompson
18 November 2014, 20:31
No different than purchasing on gun forums. It comes down to due diligence. Look at who's selling it, what they've sold in the past, and what's their feedback. There are still some amazing deals to be had on ebay, but like everything else Caveat Emptor.
That's true. You make a good point.

Canexpat
18 November 2014, 21:23
Thanks everyone for the interest and commentary. The Newb appreciates the input. [:)]

CarbonScoring
26 November 2014, 16:40
Primary Arms has in-stock Geissele triggers on sale right now.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Geissele_Automatics_s/5980.htm

HardEight
26 November 2014, 18:06

Those are really good prices too.

UWone77
27 November 2014, 15:23
30% off the G2S trigger at Geissele. $115 is a great price !

CarbonScoring
27 November 2014, 18:48
I don't really want to spend the money on another trigger right now, but I think I'm going to have to pick another one up at that price.

GOST
27 November 2014, 21:36
I've been playing with a SD3G for awhile now and really like it. It's a little weird that the trigger doesn't break, but the reset is really short.

MoxyDave
28 November 2014, 20:01
That Primary Arms sale is the shit. I picked up a Geissele Super Scar for $260 the other day. They were sold out of the Tavor trigger otherwise I'd probably have bought one of those too. Best prices I've seen on these items ever.

mustangfreek
30 November 2014, 00:20
30% off the G2S trigger at Geissele. $115 is a great price !

ya those things sold out in like 2 minutes..200 plus triggers

GOST
30 November 2014, 09:03
Primary Arms still has some in-stock for $132.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Geissele_G2S_2_Stage_Trigger_AR15_Pin_154_p/g2s.htm

KevinBLC
30 November 2014, 18:53
That sucks the g2s sold out so fast. What the heck was that? Like 2 microseconds? Damn!! Maybe next year.

Canexpat
8 December 2014, 13:24

Got one. Thanks Carbon Scoring for the lead!

domestique
14 December 2014, 02:52
Primary Arns has sales on the Geissele Triggers around most major holidays (Memorial day, Veterans day, July 4th, Labor day etc.) The sale price is usually only 15% while blackfriday was 20%.

I use the SD-E on precision builds (LMT MWS), and use the SD-C for everything else.

I too wish the G2S came in a flat bow.

Kopis
18 December 2014, 13:54
I've been waiting the SD3G but held off till black friday. Got it for $208 with some $8.99 gen 3 pmags. It's been sitting on my gun at the cerakote shop ever since. :( He was rattling on how great it was.

The instructions were really funny (to me anyway). They said something along the lines of "if you use the gold trigger springs, the trigger will be very sensitive and easy to bump fire " or something along those lines. They phrased it like a warning but we all know it's just instructions on how to get the results you want!