PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A SPECIFIC Gun

officerX
18 November 2014, 10:18
Please contact me with any info. Thanks.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa393/officerfrasher/EEEDE7FD-0BA5-4F95-A22A-07923F318370_zpssb3kelah.png

GOST
18 November 2014, 10:24
Good luck with your search.

DutyUse
18 November 2014, 10:53
Good luck brother that is gonna be a tough find.

schambers
18 November 2014, 12:58
any information on the FFL's name, phone number?

WHSmithIV
18 November 2014, 13:12
If it was sold through the FFL then there must be a 4473 form for it. FFL's have to keep those forms for 5 years. If they go out of business, the forms are supposed to be sent to the ATF along with their bound book that should also have a record of the sale. If you know what the FFL name who went out of business is then you could try with the ATF to see if they have the 4473's or the bound book which would list who it was sold to.

officerX
18 November 2014, 13:57
If it was sold through the FFL then there must be a 4473 form for it. FFL's have to keep those forms for 5 years. If they go out of business, the forms are supposed to be sent to the ATF along with their bound book that should also have a record of the sale. If you know what the FFL name who went out of business is then you could try with the ATF to see if they have the 4473's or the bound book which would list who it was sold to.

Thanks.

DutyUse
18 November 2014, 14:16
That's if it hasn't been sold on the private market in which case no telling how long it'll be before it surfaces again on an FFL

WHSmithIV
18 November 2014, 14:19
That's if it hasn't been sold on the private market in which case no telling how long it'll be before it surfaces again on an FFL

That's true too, but tracking it through the FFL it went to first could provide a buyer to contact to ask if they still have it. That buyer may have moved though also.

UWone77
18 November 2014, 14:38
That's true too, but tracking it through the FFL it went to first could provide a buyer to contact to ask if they still have it. That buyer may have moved though also.

I'm not a fan of FFL's giving up private buyers information.

GOST
18 November 2014, 14:53

You're spot on.

WHSmithIV
18 November 2014, 16:36

The FFL is out of business according to OP's post. It would be ATF providing the info if it's possible to get it. If the FFL was still in business, the FFL could contact the buyer for him.

UWone77
18 November 2014, 16:37
The FFL is out of business according to OP's post. It would be ATF providing the info if it's possible to get it.

I'm against this too.

JoshAston
18 November 2014, 16:39
The FFL is out of business according to OP's post. It would be ATF providing the info if it's possible to get it. If the FFL was still in business, the FFL could contact the buyer for him.

ATF won't share that info with the public.

MonkeyBomb
19 November 2014, 09:40
You mind if I post this up on a public facebook page? We have a pretty healthy following on a firearms related page.

officerX
19 November 2014, 23:07
You mind if I post this up on a public facebook page? We have a pretty healthy following on a firearms related page.

Not at all! I appreciate the help!