PDA

View Full Version : Vortex SPARC II or Primary Arms

FortTom
18 November 2014, 19:05
I'm up in the air about purchasing a Vortex SPARC II, The new Primary Arms RDS, or another H1. I'm pretty familiar with the H1, I own one, but most of the information about the SPARC II, the Primary Arms is either anecdotal, or off of their respective websites. Of course Vortex and Primary arms are not going to say "our product is inferior because..."

The only way I'm going to find anything out is from folks in the field using them.

Anyone have any input, good or bad, first hand, not anecdotal?

Thanks ahead.

FT

Ride4frnt
18 November 2014, 19:49
I'm up in the air about purchasing a Vortex SPARC II, The new Primary Arms RDS, or another H1. I'm pretty familiar with the H1, I own one, but most of the information about the SPARC II, the Primary Arms is either anecdotal, or off of their respective websites. Of course Vortex and Primary arms are not going to say "our product is inferior because..."

The only way I'm going to find anything out is from folks in the field using them.

Anyone have any input, good or bad, first hand, not anecdotal?

Thanks ahead.

FT

If the original sparc has any bearing on your decision, it is awesome! Has held up very well for me over 3. There's a torture test on here somewhere, and that's what originally made the decision for me to go with the sparc.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3413-Vortex-Optics-SPARC-Torture-Test-Review

If you google vortex sparc torture test there's another site where I guy did a test (not as thorough as the one above) on the sparc2

WHSmithIV
18 November 2014, 20:44
The rifle I won which is still being built comes with the Vortex Strikefire II and their flip to side 3x magnifier. When it does get here I'll be able to at least review those optics and will certainly do so. The SPARC is a smaller sized optic - with the not so great difference in price (it's a little more expensive than the Strikefire) but I suspect it's accuracy is quite equivalent.

I haven't had any opportunity to use either the SPARC or the Primary Arms sights. Hopefully someday in the future I will. I'll look forwards to what you having to say about either one of them.

FortTom
19 November 2014, 02:29
No matter. Since Primary Arms has addressed and corrected the issue with the emitter on their H-1 Clone sticking out like a big lump of tar and being annoying as hell, for some folks like myself, I believe I'm going to give one a try. Hopefully it'll hold up well as compared to my Aimpoint H1. Will have to try to get one soon.

Thanks,

FT

Ride4frnt
19 November 2014, 04:20
Interested to hear about this one. The PA is what I've chosen for my pistol too.

voodoo_man
19 November 2014, 04:36
Depends on the type of gun you are putting it on.

Plinker? .22lr trainer? Fun gun? Not aimpoint.

HD / people shooting gun? Aimpoint.

BTW I do have a great H1 for sale ;)

FortTom
19 November 2014, 12:23
Depends on the type of gun you are putting it on.

Plinker? .22lr trainer? Fun gun? Not aimpoint.

HD / people shooting gun? Aimpoint.

BTW I do have a great H1 for sale ;)

Plinker/Go To Bad Guy Dispatching Apparatus

FT

voodoo_man
19 November 2014, 12:41
Plinker/Go To Bad Guy Dispatching Apparatus

FT

Quality optic is what you want.