PDA

View Full Version : WEVO Members Testing & Evaluation Program

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

UWone77
20 November 2014, 16:34
Members,

I've been working on a T&E program for the members here for about the last 6-9 months off and on. My goal was to have members access to all things AR to try out and see what their opinions were. Most of us are on a budget, and it's hard to buy things before you've had a chance to try them out in the field. I want to help bridge this gap.

The project has always been in the back burner due to personal time constraints and things like the on-going giveaway, but we're just about to launch. How does it work you ask?

It's simple, when we get items in for T&E, we'll post what's available. Those of you that are committed to actually trying it out will be selected to receive the product. Simply take 8-10 weeks to evaluate it for yourself. All we ask of you, is that you post your thoughts in the form of an overview or review, however you see fit. Pictures are always appreciated, even in the form of a cell phone picture. I realize not all of you are great writers, or professional photographers, but I would assume all of you are shooters. Your fellow shooters can always use an extra opinion when weighing in on whether to purchase a particular product.

The goal is to have a constant stream of different products coming in, and out the other end, a constant flow of new reviews.

Common questions I'm sure you'll ask:

Can you keep the item?

Right now, yes and no. Some things you may keep, others will have to be returned. The Primary Arms optics for example will have to be returned. If you fall in love with it, I'm sure we can get them to sell it to you at a reduced cost. Down the road, I hope to have all T&E items as something you can keep.

Who pays for shipping?

We'll pay to ship it to you. We only ask you pay to ship it back, or to the next fellow WEVO member.

How long can I use it for?

There is no set timeline, but we hope 8-10 weeks is sufficient.

How do you get selected?

Just post in the thread of your interest and we will make a selection. In the beginning we shall gear it to longer time members, only because they have an established stay here. However, all members are welcome.

This is work in progress, so things will have to be changed or tweaked as we go along. Please bear with us.

Here's what we have initially available:

Primary Arms Micro Dot With Removable Base (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Micro_Dot_Removable_Base_Gen_II_NV_p/md-rbgii.htm)

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot with Push Buttons and 50K Battery Life (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Advanced_Micro_Dot_with_Push_Buttons_ p/md-ads.htm)

Primary Arms 2.5X Compact AR15 Scope with CQB ACSS Reticle (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_2_5X_Compact_Scope_PAC2_5X_p/pac2.5x.htm)

Primary Arms Compact Weapon Light (700 Lumens) GENII (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Compact_Weapon_Light_700_Lumens_p/pawl-3bkgenii.htm)

LanTac Dragon for 556

Please don't participate if you don't plan on writing your thoughts on a post. Good, Bad or the Ugly. You don't have to filter your opinions.

Thanks.

Computalotapus
20 November 2014, 16:48
I have been waiting for this. I am not interested in keeping any of the products and I am willing to cover shipping to and from. I would like to field some samples and to try my hand at writing a review on any product for the AR platform. I will use my M&P 15 as a test bed rifle as it has been solid for me since I have had it and have a good baseline rifle to compare the accessories to. Count me in for some T&E.

UWone77
20 November 2014, 16:49
I have been waiting for this. I am not interested in keeping any of the products and I am willing to cover shipping to and from. I would like to field some samples and to try my hand at writing a review on any product for the AR platform. I will use my M&P 15 as a test bed rifle as it has been solid for me since I have had it and have a good baseline rifle to compare the accessories to. Count me in for some T&E.

Jason,

You've been a great member here brother, glad you chimed in. You get first dibs. Let me know what you want out of that list.

Computalotapus
20 November 2014, 16:54
Jason,

You've been a great member here brother, glad you chimed in. You get first dibs. Let me know what you want out of that list.

That Micro Dot with the 50k battery would do the trick. I have ran an Aimpoint T-1 and the Sparc so I think I have something to compare it to. Gives me a reason to buy a F1 mount as well :)

Ride4frnt
20 November 2014, 16:57
I would also love to do some t&e. I'm at work right now so didn't get a chance to read over it all, but count me in.

Dstrbdmedic167
20 November 2014, 17:13
Jason was the first person to come to mind as well! I'd be happy to try out anything you'd like to send me. I have a couple SBR's that I could swap optics on. 8-10 weeks is more than enough. I wouldn't need more than 4 if I was allowed to receive anything. Awesome service whether if I get chosen or not.

alamo5000
20 November 2014, 17:23
I'm new, but I am IN. Serving at your pleasure :)

SwissyJim
20 November 2014, 17:33
My writing leaves some (ok, a lot) to be desired, but I'll give it a shot as well.

WHSmithIV
20 November 2014, 17:39
I'll happily test stuff. You send it, I'll test it, take pictures, write my review for it and send it back with no damage to it. I think this is a great idea. It would help a lot of people get a chance to try things out before deciding whether they want to spend the $ to buy it. Also we'd have a thread on product review by various shooters. The AR I won will be here in just a couple more weeks and my AR47 pistol will be finished soon after. The pistol is likely going to provide a little recoil punishment for things like red dot sights. I don't have to go far to test either - about a mile and I can even test in my own front yard. I wouldn't need to test anything for 8-10 weeks either. 2 -4 weeks would be sufficient.

I can and will test muzzle devices also. I'll be able to write comparisons from one to the other. I do have the tools to change them out. Sign me up UWone. I can't start it before that AR that's gone on it's way to BDL Custom get's here is all.

GOST
20 November 2014, 17:48
I'm in for the LanTac Dragon. Been wanting to see if that booger stays as still as those slow mo Lantac vids. I'll try it on my buddy's rifle that currently has a Miculek brake on it.

GOST
20 November 2014, 17:50
Glad to see the participation from some of the newer guys.

FortTom
20 November 2014, 17:55
I would like to participate also.

Soisauss
20 November 2014, 17:57
Ooooo this is quite interesting!! I would say I'd participate, but with professional duties and nonexistent range, I'm SOL lol can't wait to see what you guys post!!

Ride4frnt
20 November 2014, 17:58
I was just telling Jason id like to put that 2.5x on my blackout for deer season. Granted it's not a blackout reticle, I reckon it would suffice so long as the center dot is zeroed for the round

WHSmithIV
20 November 2014, 18:04
As a thought UWone, you could set up a "Test Results" thread with sub topics for each item tested. As members test each item they can post the reviews there for that item. I'll make sure to include range reports with pictures.

DutyUse
20 November 2014, 18:16
I'd enjoy helping out anyway I could

Thompson
20 November 2014, 19:06
As a thought UWone, you could set up a "Test Results" thread with sub topics for each item tested. As members test each item they can post the reviews there for that item. I'll make sure to include range reports with pictures.
It might actually just be better to just create a whole discussion board thingys that will allow separate threads for each T&E item (unless that's what you were getting at).

I'd also love to do some T&E - just not at the moment, due to college ... and lack of a rifle haha. But later on towards late spring/summer - would definitely love to help out. ... writing skills could use some improvement #EngineeringProblems. Photography is one of my other hobbies, so that shouldn't be a problem!

Quick question though UW - is there some sort of requirement of how much range time we need to get with these items? Also say if we're at the range, would we be allowed to temporarily let some friends or gun shop staff (I know a few of them at my local shop) do some T&E as well?

GaSwamper
20 November 2014, 19:10
Excellent idea, would love to test out some new hardware. Right now I'm in the middle of the rut but would be happy to test some optics or sights after. If you get a 7.62 Dragon at any time I would be more than happy to test run though.

Ordnance
20 November 2014, 19:13
Please don't participate if you don't plan on writing your thoughts on a post. Good, Bad or the Ugly. You don't have to filter your opinions.

Even if it's about LaRue? Lol... [crazy]

camomike
20 November 2014, 19:15
Wouldn't mind giving that 2.5x a once over in a few months when I can shoot outside again. Keep me penciled in the rotation for it if you would.

Gaspipeshooter
20 November 2014, 19:16
I would be honored and privileged to participate. Although I don't get to show it much on a typical discussion forum type post, I actually am a pretty good writer...[:D]

camomike
20 November 2014, 19:23
As a side note, i currently own the removable base micro. Will be interested to see others thoughts on it.

Former11B
20 November 2014, 19:55
Fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing reviews and other items up for testing as well as doing some testing myself at some point

Steeles
20 November 2014, 20:39
I'll be in for some T&E, starting next moth i'll have closer access to a rifle range so I can do some more training with the rifle.

Naytwan
20 November 2014, 21:01
I'd be happy to participate and would be willing to pay shipping both ways.

Naytwan
20 November 2014, 21:01

Maybe use the member submitted forum and just add a T&E tag to the title of the thread.

JHoward
20 November 2014, 21:09
I'd be interested in trying out the weapon light. I have quite a few, SureFires, Insight M3s, Streamlight, Inforce, even a UTG.

SGT.G
20 November 2014, 22:43
I'd love to review some items. I have extensive experience with multiple weapons platforms in multiple environments and situations. I have plenty of time for testing in multiple environments and conditions. Lmk if I can be of assistance

MonkeyBomb
20 November 2014, 22:49
I would be willing to give it a go. I have been debating doing reviews for my page. It couldn't hurt to cut my teeth here.

WHSmithIV
21 November 2014, 00:21
UWone, looks like there's a lot of us volunteers. Products should get some very honest reviews from this.

mustangfreek
21 November 2014, 01:04
I have been a WEVO tester or whatever you call it, thanks for the chance UW, you have seen my reviews slowly get better...There is plenty of others to help, and many that can take way better pics then i can, but i enjoyed doing what i could, Thanks.

UW really is a good guy, last year or maybe 2 years, anyways he passed around a complete rifle of his own a local forum of ours and although i did not get to beat on it, it was cool to see the updates on it, i believe it went 1k's of rounds and no major problems or cleaning, i know the upper is still around and kicking...sorry...little sidetrack

gatordev
21 November 2014, 09:07
Hmm, interesting. I'd be interested in testing the 2.5x optic. I'd be interested in running that out on the 200m range at various unknown distances on steel.

toolboxluis00200
21 November 2014, 09:59
can we do it as a youtube review ???

Injunface11
21 November 2014, 15:33
So down for this, I haven't had much trigger time since me and the family moved but it would give me a reason to get to the range.

cagekicker204
21 November 2014, 16:34
I think that it is a great idea and would love to participate but I am in the middle of a move and won't be able to until after Christmas.

voodoo_man
21 November 2014, 16:57
I am always in for t&e. Refer to blog for review standards and etc...

Calico Jack
21 November 2014, 18:20
I am very interested in this program. I serve in a similar capacity for my department except the committee member's are not allowed to test items.

UWone77
22 November 2014, 17:20
We're going to get this going, probably around the first week of December-ish. We'll get some people selected by then and get this started. If you're interested, keep posting in the thread and what you'd like to possibly T&E. Thanks.

Dstrbdmedic167
22 November 2014, 17:36
As far as what's listed is love to try the light. I have yet to run one and need to get a couple for my SBR's. The red dot would also be cool in my book.

FortTom
22 November 2014, 17:48
I have two VG6 Epsilon hybrid comp/brake/flash hider, for 5.56. and a Lantac Dragon for 7.62 (.308). Just completed the AR-10, so no feedback there, yet, however I would like to try the Lantac Dragon 5.56 to compare to the VG6. Not quite sure how to compare them without some fancy photography to compare recoil and muzzle rise, though. Still wouldn't mind giving it a try though.

FT

SwissyJim
22 November 2014, 19:00
As for what's listed, I have not tried the new advanced PA red dot, their ACSS scope or the LanTac dragon. I have 3 of the PA 'regular' red dots and their light already [:D]

I like PA... I killed their weapon light doing torture testing on my Saiga12 (5 20rnd drums fired as fast as I could) and they replaced it happily. Made me a happy customer of theirs!

BigCountry00
23 November 2014, 05:20
I'm new here but would like to get in on testing products. I have participated in field testing for North American Hunt Club in the past and enjoyed writing reviews.

toolboxluis00200
23 November 2014, 07:19
is youtube ok ??

JGifford
23 November 2014, 07:26
Can users submit/donate gear at a reduced price or for free, for T&E?

I have items that I prefer not to comment on due to relationship with the company/vendors, and would be interested in a "half-price" sale to someone who wishes to T&E it.

They could tell re-sell it, or keep it.

WHSmithIV
23 November 2014, 12:17
I'd like to test one of those Primary Arms microdots. I should have the 7.62 pistol done right around that time frame and the rifle I won from Gunstruction should also be here by then. The question will be how much snow we get as to whether it will be possible to get somewhere to shoot. I'd like to do a comparison of those micro dots vs. the Vortex Strikefire II

Pyzik
24 November 2014, 08:40
Why not, I'll throw my hat in.

I do at least a class a year, sometimes two. If a product were to come along I could use at a class it would be good first hand experience for a product.

I have a low light class coming up in June I could use the PA light for. So, maybe the next guy to try it out if it's going to pass hands?

Other than that, I do typical plinking and would love to check out the 2.5x red dot or the 50k hour red dot simply because I've been eyballing both.

Calico Jack
24 November 2014, 17:26
I would be interested in testing this Primary Arms 2.5X Compact Scope.

Hazzmatt
6 December 2014, 09:43
I would also be interested and have several other officers at our agency I would share with over the allotted time period to get an expanded review.

UWone77
22 December 2014, 19:19
We're still waiting for PA to send us the optics... in the mean time.

Fort Tom, I'm going to send you the 5.56 Lantac Dragon

I also have 2 MagPods if anyone wants to try them out.

SGT.G
22 December 2014, 19:20
We're still waiting for PA to send us the optics... in the mean time.

Fort Tom, I'm going to send you the 5.56 Lantac Dragon

I also have 2 MagPods if anyone wants to try them out.
I'd be interested in trying a magpod

camomike
22 December 2014, 20:11
Same thing here. Wouldn't mind giving one a shot

UWone77
22 December 2014, 20:13
Sarge, and Mike, you guys are up for the MagPods then. PM me your shipping info. You too FT.

Pyzik
22 December 2014, 20:16
Sarge, and Mike, you guys are up for the MagPods then. PM me your shipping info. You too FT.
Looking forward to those reviews. Now that I have ordered the 1-4x I have been thinking about getting a couple.

SGT.G
22 December 2014, 20:17
Looking forward to those reviews. Now that I have ordered the 1-4x I have been thinking about getting a couple.
Hopefully they live up to all the hype

camomike
22 December 2014, 20:21
Looking forward to doing a review of it. Civilian shooter, no formal training for me, just what my father passed down. Using the mag as a firing platform is foreign to me. Should be interesting.

Dstrbdmedic167
22 December 2014, 20:25
I just thought about this a couple days ago. I'd love to try a pod after you guys

JHoward
22 December 2014, 20:26
Using the mag was always a no no in the military, but ever since I started, I could never go back. EVEN if it did induce malfunctions, it's so much more stable and solid that I feel like I could clear and drive on quicker than I could trying to free hand.

camomike
22 December 2014, 20:34
I just thought about this a couple days ago. I'd love to try a pod after you guys

Medic, after I hit the range with it, I'll shoot you a PM to get your address and ship it off to you.

Dstrbdmedic167
22 December 2014, 20:37
Medic, after I hit the range with it, I'll shoot you a PM to get your address and ship it off to you.

Awesome sauce!!! Take your time and enjoy it. You may not want to get rid of it

mustangfreek
23 December 2014, 01:36

You want to try one? i got myself a three pack the other day and have one kicking here if you want to try it, its no biggie, use it and keep it or pass it on if you want, im not worried about it, so if you do Pm me or something.

WHSmithIV
23 December 2014, 02:26
I'd like to try one of the magpds too, but not until spring. We're in deep freeze here now.

Computalotapus
23 December 2014, 04:40
I'd like to try one of the magpds too, but not until spring. We're in deep freeze here now.

Deep freeze is a perfect testing environment..see how they hold up in all conditions. Bet your farm I will have that PA optic out in the Michigan winter. Its gotta work in all 4 seasons why not try it in the harshest one?

CK 187
23 December 2014, 05:00
I'll throw my name in there. Be glad to try out anything you need tested Would definitely be intersted in the optics. Could run them in some 2 gun or doing CQB drills at the range.

Hell, who am i kidding...........I'll play with any new toys

WHSmithIV
23 December 2014, 05:22
Deep freeze is a perfect testing environment..see how they hold up in all conditions. Bet your farm I will have that PA optic out in the Michigan winter. Its gotta work in all 4 seasons why not try it in the harshest one?

I have the rifle I designed and won that will be here in a couple weeks at worst. I definitely want to test that first! Testing a magpod in a foot or more of snow - well - wouldn't be much fun lying in the snow to do it though. Hard to hike into the mountains in snow also where I could find a rock to rest it on. Add to that the complication of continuing through the snow for another 100 yards then back to set up a target. It's just not worth so much effort to test a magpod and it very well could be damn near impossible anyway.

Computalotapus
23 December 2014, 05:40
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
-Henry Ford

camomike
3 January 2015, 19:04
Got the mag pod in the mail yesterday. Going to try for the range sometime next week. Hope to have something to report back soonish.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 January 2015, 21:19
Got the mag pod in the mail yesterday. Going to try for the range sometime next week. Hope to have something to report back soonish.

Hurry up already... Sheesh lol j/k

UWone77
6 January 2015, 17:12

Mike just FYI, the Magpod is yours to keep. If you decide to pass it on, totally up to you. Take as long as you need on your impressions.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 January 2015, 17:18
Mike just FYI, the Magpod is yours to keep. If you decide to pass it on, totally up to you. Take as long as you need on your impressions.

That's pretty cool of Ya! Mike keep it. I'd another comes along cool if not I'll probably buy my own before long

UWone77
6 January 2015, 17:23
So just a quick update on this.

The Magpods were sent out, as well as the Lantac Dragon.

We also got the package from Primary Arms.

Here are the initial T&E selections:

Comp - Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot 50K life
Hazzmatt - Primary Arms Micro Dot
mustangfreek - Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS 5.56 Reticle w/ Deluxe 30mm Mount
alamo5000 - Primary Arms 2.5x Optic
JHoward - Primary Arms 700 Lumen Weapon Light

Please PM me your shipping addresses and I'll get these out.

Thanks for your participation.

More items to come.

Pyzik
6 January 2015, 17:30
JHoward, look forward to what you think of the light.

alamo5000
6 January 2015, 17:54
WoW!!! You've been in-boxed! [:D]

I am IN on this!!! Thank you Uwone77 for the confidence and chance to let me do a review.

Deadwing
6 January 2015, 18:48
What an awesome program! Only on WEVO would you see something like this. Thanks for putting the work in to making this happen, UWone77!

SeattleDude
6 January 2015, 18:57
I would love to review a part. Let me know if I can be of service.

UWone77
6 January 2015, 18:58
What an awesome program! Only on WEVO would you see something like this. Thanks for putting the work in to making this happen, UWone77!

Thanks,

I'm hoping that this is a success, not only for our members getting a chance at gear they would not normally buy first to try out, but also for other members that get to read the reviews, and the manufacturers who get some feedback, both good and bad.

Hopefully this expands and everyone who wants to get involved gets a chance.

Ride4frnt
6 January 2015, 19:46
I'd also like to test the PA optics sometime. Got me a fancy SBR needs an optic selection. Cannot wait to hear some reviews.

ETA: just saying, I would test and evaluate the shit out of a saker 762...too bad this'll never happen with suppressors.

DutyUse
6 January 2015, 20:24
mustangfreek - Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS 5.56 Reticle w/ Deluxe 30mm Mount
alamo5000 - Primary Arms 2.5x Optic
JHoward - Primary Arms 700 Lumen Weapon Light

More items to come.

These are three that have really peaked my interest coming out of primary arms. Can't wait to see what you guys think of them and to see your initial impressions.

Awesome of PA to give us some to T&E. Great guys over there and Dang fast shipping!

gatordev
7 January 2015, 04:10
*Sadface*

CK 187
7 January 2015, 04:37

Thanks,

I'm hoping that this is a success, not only for our members getting a chance at gear they would not normally buy first to try out, but also for other members that get to read the reviews, and the manufacturers who get some feedback, both good and bad.

It's a great program and I hope everyone benefits from the personalized feedback and reviews all the way down to the great sense of camaraderie

I'd love to be picked, but really looking forward to reading everyone's impressions

GOST
7 January 2015, 05:01
Looking forward to seeing the reviews. Everyone who got something needs to start a thread here so we can put you on the clock.[:D]

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Member-Submitted-Reviews

Just kidding with the on the clock. Can't wait to see the reviews.

SwissyJim
7 January 2015, 19:10
I agree... seeing 'Professional' reviews is one thing, but seeing reviews from end users like us is a whole 'nother thing in my book.

Pyzik
7 January 2015, 19:40
I agree... seeing 'Professional' reviews is one thing, but seeing reviews from end users like us is a whole 'nother thing in my book.

Same. When I was trying to look up reviews for the Bushnell 1-4x I just picked up there were very few reviews of folks actually using it. LOTS of unboxing (dumb) but no good "I've used this for a while and..."

GOST
7 January 2015, 20:07

In my personal opinion the thing wrong with professionals reviewing a product is that it's a business to them. If they come out and trash a product then they've burnt that bridge; but if they fluff up a review then they lose credibility with the consumer. The professionals end up walking the line, because it's their lively hood. But when you've got a retired reviewer like Fort Tom you can expect to get his honest opinion since he has nothing to lose.

These reviews are gonna kick ass. Some of the reviews may not have the video editing skills of others. If you're a pro at editing video let us know. Some of the reviewers may need your assistance.

UWone77
7 January 2015, 21:10
*Sadface*

Oh, you're next my man... in the mean time you'll have to dry those tears with your JBO Billet Set. [:D]

DutyUse
7 January 2015, 21:17
In my personal opinion the thing wrong with professionals reviewing a product is that it's a business to them. If they come out and trash a product then they've burnt that bridge; but if they fluff up a review then they lose credibility with the consumer. The professionals end up walking the line, because it's their lively hood. But when you've got a retired reviewer like Fort Tom you can expect to get his honest opinion since he has nothing to lose.

These reviews are gonna kick ass. Some of the reviews may not have the video editing skills of others. If you're a pro at editing video let us know. Some of the reviewers may need your assistance.

He was to polite to call me out by name... I'll be the guy needing help editing lol

Deadwing
7 January 2015, 23:24
Thanks,

I can see this becoming a pretty big deal. As others have said, the information that will be gained by not only members here, but the industry partners who participate will be invaluable. Candid, unbiased feedback and information on products can be pretty hard to come by in this day and age. Count me in to do what i can to help make this program a success.

mustangfreek
8 January 2015, 01:53

I hear what your putting down...Oh and my photo skills lack..let alone any kind of video ...hahaha

Oh, you're next my man... in the mean time you'll have to dry those tears with your JBO Billet Set. [:D]

I kinda felt a little sad also, until i read the second part....lol..

Dstrbdmedic167
8 January 2015, 04:22
I hear what your putting down...Oh and my photo skills lack..let alone any kind of video ...hahaha

I kinda felt a little sad also, until i read the second part....lol..

Well I have a nice camera to do videos but I don't think anyone wants to see my ugly mug. I could do a hands only style review.

Ohh and I still have a sad face. Lol

JHoward
8 January 2015, 05:30
JHoward, look forward to what you think of the light.

I'm definitely ready to check it out!

toolboxluis00200
8 January 2015, 07:19
i want to try some optics [:D]

CK 187
8 January 2015, 09:47
I could do a hands only style review.

Professional hand model

gatordev
8 January 2015, 13:41

:Happyface!:

Due to current fiscal constraints (I'll have pictures in the next week or so), I won't be able to test it on the JBO, but I have my M4 MWS clone just sitting there begging for an optic before it gets shot for the first time, so I'll happily give it a go on that and see how it fares.

mustangfreek
8 January 2015, 14:20
Ohh and I still have a sad face. Lol

If its cool with the mods,and i am not over stepping any boundaries, text me your damn address medic i got a extra Magpod for you to try out, keep, pass on or whatever..[:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
8 January 2015, 14:30
If its cool with the mods,and i am not over stepping any boundaries, text me your damn address medic i got a extra Magpod for you to try out, keep, pass on or whatever..[:D]

Well your just too cool for school! Thanks buddy!

Naytwan
8 January 2015, 15:02
That 1-6 looks interesting.

Ride4frnt
8 January 2015, 15:18
That 1-6 looks interesting.

It's pretty sweet for the cost.

Thompson
8 January 2015, 15:28
Some of the reviews may not have the video editing skills of others. If you're a pro at editing video let us know. Some of the reviewers may need your assistance.
I mean, I'm by no means a editing guru - but I've done some video editing ... don't expect Michael Bay-type videos though.

... although, I'm not sure how one would transfer video files if they exceed 500MB+. If someone knows, let me know.

Fair warning: I'm in college (engineering), so I can't guarantee a quick turn around time. If you're looking for that, might want to seek someone else.

JHoward
8 January 2015, 15:40
... don't expect Michael Bay-type videos though.

Do what?? You can't do some of this??

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/1_zpse648c47a.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/1_zpse648c47a.jpg.html)

Thompson
8 January 2015, 16:12
Haha - no. I can do the photography no problem, but I frankly suck at "photoshopping." But I can do some minor photo editing from RAW files.

Good movie by the way. But wrong director :P

browcs
8 January 2015, 16:23
Nice.

JHoward
8 January 2015, 16:47
LOL I just typed "Michael Bay Explosion" into Google and picked my favorite image.

CK 187
9 January 2015, 05:06
Do what?? You can't do some of this??

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/1_zpse648c47a.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/1_zpse648c47a.jpg.html)

I believe that's in the fine print of the official/unofficial WEVO reviewer clauses

You get cool stuff to try, but it requires a $1,000,000 effects budget for the production of said review

UWone77
10 January 2015, 00:06
All T&E Items have been shipped off.

Haven't heard back from Hazzmatt yet. I'll give him the weekend to respond, if he doesn't we'll move on to someone else.

Computalotapus
11 January 2015, 09:54

Haven't heard back from Hazzmatt yet. I'll give him the weekend to respond, if he doesn't we'll move on to someone else.

Cool deal. Going out this coming weekend to work with a local PD officer (former Detroit SWAT) on my transitions. I will take the enhanced micro dot with me for this. Hopefully Christina can snap some photos of this going on and you all can see how horrible I am :)

UWone77 thanks again for getting this off the ground and giving us the opportunity.

Pyzik
11 January 2015, 18:30
Cool deal. Going out this coming weekend to work with a local PD officer (former Detroit SWAT) on my transitions. I will take the enhanced micro dot with me for this. Hopefully Christina can snap some photos of this going on and you all can see how horrible I am :)

UWone77 thanks again for getting this off the ground and giving us the opportunity.
Cool opportunity!

JHoward
11 January 2015, 18:44

What he said!

I'm very excited to get this in and review it!

CK 187
11 January 2015, 19:51

That's crazy. I'd be all over the opportunity, but I know some people aren't on here constantly

GOST
11 January 2015, 19:56

That's crazy. I'd be all over the opportunity, but I know some people aren't on here constantly

Upside is that it'll give someone who contributes more consistently to the forum a chance to participate.

CK 187
11 January 2015, 19:59
Upside is that it'll give someone who contributes more consistently to the forum a chance to participate.

Truth

Dstrbdmedic167
11 January 2015, 20:05
:waives hand violently: me me me lol

CK 187
11 January 2015, 20:05
:waives hand violently: me me me lol

LOL

UWone77
11 January 2015, 20:44
Looks like we may have a REV II or Switch Rail coming as well.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 January 2015, 20:45
Looks like we may have a REV II or Switch Rail coming as well.

Ohh don't you tease me!! I think you enjoy it!!

UWone77
11 January 2015, 20:48

I just like to get as much stuff as I can out to you guys.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 January 2015, 20:49
I just like to get as much stuff as I can out to you guys.

And you sir are awesome for that. Put me in line for one or those! Especially since I've been debating selling my G1 rev for the g2 or switch!

UWone77
11 January 2015, 21:00
And you sir are awesome for that. Put me in line for one or those! Especially since I've been debating selling my G1 rev for the g2 or switch!

Tell ya what, when/if Fortis gives me the green light, you are first in line.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 January 2015, 21:02

Ohh stop it! You're too cool for school! Thanks!

mustangfreek
11 January 2015, 21:05
Boom....Sweet deal.....

DutyUse
11 January 2015, 23:05

I'm not complaining as I think it would change the tone of the forum, but I'm stumped as to why there are so few core people around here... Hell even without the GA and the T&E this forum still has the best photos, builds and leadership around. Couldn't get rid of me if you tried ;)

Deadwing
11 January 2015, 23:44
I'm not complaining as I think it would change the tone of the forum, but I'm stumped as to why there are so few core people around here... Hell even without the GA and the T&E this forum still has the best photos, builds and leadership around. Couldn't get rid of me if you tried ;)

Well said. I'm still relatively new here, but man, the attitude here is way different than on other forums. And that's a good thing. Definitely something i'm happy to be a part of.

CK 187
12 January 2015, 09:10

Well said. I'm still relatively new here, but man, the attitude here is way different than on other forums. And that's a good thing. Definitely something i'm happy to be a part of.

Agreed. I've said it before, this place is great. I've been on more than my share of forums across all genre's and hobbies and this place far exceeds most all. The talent pool is deep, the members are very welcoming, the GAW and T&E are just icing on an already delicious cake

Gaspipeshooter
12 January 2015, 09:17

http://www.ohiowaterfowler.com/SMILEYS/WINNER.gif http://www.ohiowaterfowler.com/SMILEYS/WINNER.gif http://www.ohiowaterfowler.com/SMILEYS/WINNER.gif

velocity2006
12 January 2015, 09:32
I would be down to review anything your willing to send my way :P Should have my own chrono soon as well, so I can do some load testing (reloading) if you get projectiles to test.

JHoward
12 January 2015, 13:20
I'd love to review a few cases of ammo. :D

Dstrbdmedic167
12 January 2015, 13:32
I'd love to review a few cases of ammo. :D

I'll even supply the gun 😉😜

JHoward
12 January 2015, 20:13
I thought the light and my magpul light mount would be in today, but USPS has really been screwing me over on shipping. The light mount has been saying Monday since Thursday and alas, Monday came and went....

Computalotapus
13 January 2015, 12:09
I got the PA Enhanced Micro Dot today in the mail. I will start a thread after I get some initial pictures of it later tonight.

Pyzik
13 January 2015, 12:25
I got the PA Enhanced Micro Dot today in the mail. I will start a thread after I get some initial pictures of it later tonight.

Schweet.

UWone77
13 January 2015, 16:46
Hazzmatt never responded to my PM, so you're up next gatordev. PM Sent.

FortTom
13 January 2015, 16:58
I'm curious as to what you come up with, Comp. I just bought one of these and an ADM QD mount. Of the videos I've seen, the PA get's 10X the abuse in comparison to a T1 or H1. I'm curious as to why. PA, in a blog on their website specifically states that they do not endorse any of their MD's for combat or duty use. They go on to say that they aren't build to the same specs as an Aimpoint or Eotech, thus the big difference in price. But in a lot of the reviews I see for the H1 or T1, they are babied, compared to the abuse given to the PA's RDS's. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reviewers are reluctant to take a chance on breaking the much more expensive Aimpoints. This should be interesting.[pop]

FT

Computalotapus
13 January 2015, 17:17
I'm curious as to what you come up with, Comp. I just bought one of these and an ADM QD mount. Of the videos I've seen, the PA get's 10X the abuse in comparison to a T1 or H1. I'm curious as to why. PA, in a blog on their website specifically states that they do not endorse any of their MD's for combat or duty use. They go on to say that they aren't build to the same specs as an Aimpoint or Eotech, thus the big difference in price. But in a lot of the reviews I see for the H1 or T1, they are babied, compared to the abuse given to the PA's RDS's. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reviewers are reluctant to take a chance on breaking the much more expensive Aimpoints. This should be interesting.[pop]

FT

As it is not mine to keep I will not be doing drop tests, freezing it, setting it on fire, launching it across the range of any of the other standard torture tests. I will be taking it with me this weekend and working with a local LEO on some transitioning drill.

Dstrbdmedic167
13 January 2015, 17:20
I got the magpod from MustangFreek today! Can't wait to test it out in the range. So far initial impressions are good!

FortTom
13 January 2015, 17:43
As it is not mine to keep I will not be doing drop tests, freezing it, setting it on fire, launching it across the range of any of the other standard torture tests. I will be taking it with me this weekend and working with a local LEO on some transitioning drill.

Heck, at least tee it up and launch it with a driver.....[:)]

mustangfreek
13 January 2015, 19:50
I got the magpod from MustangFreek today! Can't wait to test it out in the range. So far initial impressions are good!

Your due for a review....[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
13 January 2015, 19:51
Your due for a review....[BD]

Yea I know. I don't know exactly how much I can write on this but I'll do my best.

JHoward
13 January 2015, 20:05
I want to drop my light.... Does PA warranty these things?

alamo5000
14 January 2015, 17:13
Primary Arms 2.5 Compact Scope received!

Pyzik
14 January 2015, 17:20
I want to drop my light.... Does PA warranty these things?
Haha, and so it begins....

JHoward
14 January 2015, 17:54
This is my first real review of ANY type...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zMP2g-YlNlU

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/856fbad9-fc9d-441c-b519-05535de89c31_zps58865c2b.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/856fbad9-fc9d-441c-b519-05535de89c31_zps58865c2b.jpg.html)

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/SAM_0674_zps45baca5d.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/SAM_0674_zps45baca5d.jpg.html)

GOST
14 January 2015, 18:09
Oh no... JHoward is a southpaw. I kid, thanks for the review. Are you gonna do another video of it mounted and night time use? Would like to see a video at with you telling the distance of the targets you're illuminating before you fire.

GOST
14 January 2015, 18:12
If you are JHoward you may want to post a full review in the member's review section.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Member-Submitted-Reviews

JHoward
14 January 2015, 18:13
I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm not a southpaw though. What makes you say that?

JHoward
14 January 2015, 18:17
If you are JHoward you may want to post a full review in the member's review section.

I plan on doing a full review, typed and video. I just wanted to let everyone know I got it and try out the youtube editing stuff. It's not that hot.

Pyzik
14 January 2015, 18:27
I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm not a southpaw though. What makes you say that?
Because your light is on the right side.
Don't worry I am right handed and put my light on the right too.

GOST
14 January 2015, 18:27

The side your light is mounted.

JHoward
14 January 2015, 19:06
Oh... Hmm. I just don't like it in my line of sight. I have always ran my light on the right side.

Pyzik
14 January 2015, 19:10
Oh... Hmm. I just don't like it in my line of sight. I have always ran my light on the right side.
Smart man. Hahaha. same here.

JHoward
14 January 2015, 19:16
I keep trying to figure out why it's supposed to be on the left side! Is it just so you can manipulate the controls?

Pyzik
14 January 2015, 19:19
I keep trying to figure out why it's supposed to be on the left side! Is it just so you can manipulate the controls?
I think so you can press the button with your thumb along the bore axis rather than thumb over bore to press it.

JHoward
14 January 2015, 20:09
Gotcha. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of this light with the Magpul mount at all. Way too much going on.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10917455_10203315924715225_1467412934753342932_n.j pg?oh=94b4890273c4883e69720659d4fe4987&oe=54BA3390&__gda__=1421495459_87e4a5bc027aec71aa0ca9b93dba2bc 5

mustangfreek
15 January 2015, 01:30
...Way too much going on...looks like instead of line of sight , you got line of light, Wow that thing is up there.

But thanks for the min pre-review..

GOST
15 January 2015, 01:57
...Way too much going on...looks like instead of line of sight , you got line of light, Wow that thing is up there.

But thanks for the min pre-review..
Mustangfreek is right, a shorter mount would probably work better. Looks like if you are right handed using a light mount that tall with momentary switched light, that some of your hand may be in your sight picture. Do you have that issue with it setup like that JHoward?

JHoward
15 January 2015, 05:15
It's doable, but not the most comfortable. I probably won't run anything like this. I really like the Insight M3 that I usually run on it. I only got the mount for this T&E.

GOST
15 January 2015, 06:15
I only got the mount for this T&E.

I thought that looked like quite the reach.

CK 187
15 January 2015, 13:58
Gotcha. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of this light with the Magpul mount at all. Way too much going on.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10917455_10203315924715225_1467412934753342932_n.j pg?oh=94b4890273c4883e69720659d4fe4987&oe=54BA3390&__gda__=1421495459_87e4a5bc027aec71aa0ca9b93dba2bc 5

Not a fan to be honest. Looks very non ergonomic

SGT.G
15 January 2015, 14:01
Just wanna check in... I've had the magpod for a week and a half. Have had a few chances to do some testing.. but the way the weather was I couldn't stay out long (-34)... This week looks a lot better.

UWone77
15 January 2015, 14:09
Not a fan to be honest. Looks very non ergonomic

Would probably work better with an Arisaka Mount

Ride4frnt
15 January 2015, 14:10

Let's t&e some arisaka products.

Pyzik
15 January 2015, 14:11

Let's t&e some arisaka products.
X2

JHoward
15 January 2015, 14:50
I should sell this and get an Arisaka... Do they take Paypal?

UWone77
15 January 2015, 16:09
Slippers... if you're watching, we need an Arisaka Mount for this T&E [:D]

Ride4frnt
15 January 2015, 16:13
And some hand stops! And full scout lights! All of the things! Seriously though if my SBR ever comes back approved the handstop and light mount will be mine.

JHoward
15 January 2015, 16:15
I would definitely be in for a long term review. I don't know if I'll be able to send the mount with the light with it goes to the next reviewer though. ;)

UWone77
15 January 2015, 21:34
Anyone able to build up an upper around a 7.5" barrel?

Naytwan
16 January 2015, 00:36

I'm actually working on a pistol now.

DutyUse
16 January 2015, 01:32
Hell, give it to Naytwan, he does damned good reviews with decent pic's....just sayin..

Edit: After thinking about it I retract my statement and agree with Tom. Naytwan seems like a good choice for a 7.5

FortTom
16 January 2015, 01:38

Hell, give it to Naytwan, he does damned good reviews with decent pic's....just sayin..

Naytwan
16 January 2015, 15:34

I appreciate the compliment. I try to provide info that I would want to know. I just finished an initial review of my RIA 1911A1-CS I'll post later :)

Computalotapus
17 January 2015, 13:03
Was going to take the Micro Dot out today and run drills with it but.. I didn't have a mount to get it to co-witness and I can't run it down low like dstrbmedic187 does. So I ordered a PA Co-Witness mount that I will also send with the micro dot when it leaves here just in case someone else is like me and doesn't have mounts laying around waiting for a RDS. PA base should be here this week and I will take it back out to run drills with next Saturday.

FortTom
17 January 2015, 16:27
Was going to take the Micro Dot out today and run drills with it but.. I didn't have a mount to get it to co-witness and I can't run it down low like dstrbmedic187 does. So I ordered a PA Co-Witness mount that I will also send with the micro dot when it leaves here just in case someone else is like me and doesn't have mounts laying around waiting for a RDS. PA base should be here this week and I will take it back out to run drills with next Saturday.
What? You couldn't find duct tape??

DutyUse
17 January 2015, 16:39

He's at tease level Pro+

damn wish i knew, I had one just laying around i woulda sent

Dstrbdmedic167
17 January 2015, 17:28
He's at tease level Pro+

Yes he is but hopefully he won't be a tease and be able to deliver this time haha... Fingers crossed!

mustangfreek
18 January 2015, 02:16
Initial T&E thread for the PA 1-6 ACSS is up in the member review section..

JHoward
18 January 2015, 08:25
What's the line look like on that PA 1-6? I'd really like to test that one out as well!

UWone77
18 January 2015, 21:45
Looks like we're going to get a 16" Syrac Piston Retro fit Upper with Rainier Parts.

Ride4frnt
18 January 2015, 21:47
Looks like we're going to get a 16" Syrac Piston Retro fit Upper with Rainier Parts.

Oooooooh!!

Naytwan
18 January 2015, 22:11

Nice. I do have an extra lower looking for an upper. ;)

UWone77
19 January 2015, 00:45
So far you guys are just killing it on the reviews. Nice work.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 January 2015, 04:11

That's a nice setup!!!

Pyzik
19 January 2015, 04:30
Oooh! That'll be fun to pass around.

CK 187
19 January 2015, 04:36

That's one nice piece. Somebody will be lucky to be running that

JHoward
19 January 2015, 19:02
All we got through it was a box of Tulammo. I didn't want to make too much noise on the back 40 after dark in the middle of hunting season.

The light works great at night, even with the huge flash from the ALG SCB. I shot a few test rounds to make sure we could see, then I filmed my little bro shooting, then I shot where you can hear me talking. Not the best, or scientific, but the light works great for night time. I had a lot of fun filming this, even if we didn't get to shoot much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGP2BygSTSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjNcnw8agoc

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m5/ohmydodge/SAM_0790_zps00dd31dd.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/ohmydodge/media/SAM_0790_zps00dd31dd.jpg.html)

Computalotapus
19 January 2015, 19:10
Awesome. Man I need a back 40 to go shooting on lol

JHoward
19 January 2015, 19:20
Yeah, me too! It's my parent's place... I used to live right down the road, but now I live 45 minutes away and I miss it every time I want to shoot.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 January 2015, 20:44
So after seeing the ETS group Glock mag announcement on FB I was pretty excited. I asked what were the chances of getting some for our T&E program and they stated as soon as they were ready for outside testing we definitely could! So maybe there will be some available for circulation in the coming months!

Naytwan
19 January 2015, 20:53
So after seeing the ETS group Glock mag announcement on FB I was pretty excited. I asked what were the chances of getting some for our T&E program and they stated as soon as they were ready for outside testing we definitely could! So maybe there will be some available for circulation in the coming months!

Nice. Those mags do looks pretty cool. Hopefully it pans out. Someone with a Glock could have a good time testing those.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 January 2015, 20:56
Nice. Those mags do looks pretty cool. Hopefully it pans out. Someone with a Glock could have a good time testing those.

Indeed!!

And sorry if I stepped out of line UW... Just thought it'd be a nice thing to get for people to T&E. And the more stuff we have the better this will be!

JHoward
19 January 2015, 20:56
Hmm... I have a few Glocks...

Eric
19 January 2015, 21:01
Guys, let's avoid asking for T&E products on behalf of WEVO. Let the Staff take care of that. If you have an existing relationship with a particular manufacturer/vendor and want to get a product introduced into the rotation, contact Staff.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 January 2015, 21:02
Guys, let's avoid asking for T&E products on behalf of WEVO. Let the Staff take care of that. If you have an existing relationship with a particular manufacturer/vendor and want to get a product introduced into the rotation, contact Staff.

My apologies. Won't happen again...

JHoward
19 January 2015, 21:04
Next time just ask them if they want you and me to try them out.

Just be really professional, like

"Hello, I am from the Dstrbdmedic167 and JHoward official Glock mag testing group, and we would like a sample of each magazine from your lineup."

UWone77
19 January 2015, 21:56

This.

I know there is no ill intent, but please let us handle obtaining the items. Otherwise, it becomes a free for all.

Farva
19 January 2015, 22:17
I know im late to the game on this but just came across the thread. Im in for sure!

gatordev
20 January 2015, 14:01

Damn. Same problem. Thought I had a spare, but I apparently already used it on a rimfire gun. I'll grab a 1/3, to mix it up.

Computalotapus
20 January 2015, 14:48
Did you get the enhanced RDS?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

gatordev
20 January 2015, 15:03
I got the Advanced Micro Dot. But I think we're talking about the same thing (buttons on top, 50K life). UW had them send me one since the other guy didn't reply. I could put it on my M1A Scout, as is, but that's a bit pricey to test.

UWone77
21 January 2015, 22:45
Who has an 18" or 20" 5.56 build they can throw a 17.5" Parallax handguard on?

FortTom
21 January 2015, 23:27
Who has an 18" or 20" 5.56 build they can throw a 17.5" Parallax handguard on?

I do, UW. However, I won a Parallax 15" rail in the giveaway. I could send that back for the Pay it Forward, or whatever you would choose that would be fair to everyone. I'm using a 20 in. SS .277 Wolverine and a 17.5 would be perfect. Either way, I'm good. I can use the 15" that I got in the giveaway, or give that to someone in the forum, by drawing or however you choose, or I can just stay where I'm at.

FT

UWone77
21 January 2015, 23:29
I do, UW. However, I won a Parallax 15" rail in the giveaway. I could send that back for the Pay it Forward, or whatever you would choose that would be fair to everyone. I'm using a 20 in. SS .277 Wolverine and a 17.5 would be perfect. Either way, I'm good. I can use the 15" that I got in the giveaway, or give that to someone in the forum, by drawing or however you choose, or I can just stay where I'm at.

FT

FT,

If you want the 17.5 for your 20" that's fine. We can use your 15" for the T&E program, which would probably appeal to more people vs the 17.5.

PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Computalotapus
22 January 2015, 04:57
Mount should be in today or tomorrow. Will probably be going back out this weekend to do some shooting I will hopefully get some pictures out on the range. Trying to talk the wife into coming out in the snow and cold to take pictures is almost impossible

CK 187
22 January 2015, 05:06
FT,

If you want the 17.5 for your 20" that's fine. We can use your 15" for the T&E program, which would probably appeal to more people vs the 17.5.

PM me and let me know what you want to do.

I still can't believe the depth of good stuff in this T&E. It's not like a $30 walmart knife or a 20 pack of 9mm, but genuinely top tier stuff. Loving it and the reviews

It's refreshing to hear reviews from average guys rather than industry guys. Like talking to a guy at the range and asking how he likes his ___________ he's running on his rifle.

GOST
22 January 2015, 05:12
Mount should be in today or tomorrow. Will probably be going back out this weekend to do some shooting I will hopefully get some pictures out on the range. Trying to talk the wife into coming out in the snow and cold to take pictures is almost impossible

Sounds like we need to talk Arisaka into making an extended selfie mount.

Naytwan
22 January 2015, 11:45
Sounds like we need to talk Arisaka into making an extended selfie mount.

Do it. I'll buy one. Lol

UWone77
22 January 2015, 17:59
Alright, so now, who has an upper for a 15" Parallax Rail to slap on?

Dstrbdmedic167
22 January 2015, 18:02
I'm holding my breathe for the fortis... Hehe

MonkeyBomb
22 January 2015, 18:08
If you still need a 18-or 20 incher. I have a 20 incher H-bar that I'm getting ready to switch things up on soon.

UWone77
22 January 2015, 18:11
If ou still need a 18-or 20 incher. I have a 20 incher H-bar that I'm getting ready to switch things up on soon.

FT was going to use the 17.5, and send the next person a 15. If you can use a 15" for T&E it's all yours.

MonkeyBomb
22 January 2015, 18:18
I can use it. I was leaning towards a 15.

UWone77
22 January 2015, 18:21
I can use it. I was leaning towards a 15.

PM me your address and we'll get it going.

MonkeyBomb
22 January 2015, 18:27
Thanks! I'm stoked to try it out.

PM sent.

JHoward
22 January 2015, 18:36
UWone77, who's next to get this light? If I keep it any longer I'm going to end up just buying you another to send off for T&E.

UWone77
22 January 2015, 18:55
UWone77, who's next to get this light? If I keep it any longer I'm going to end up just buying you another to send off for T&E.

If it breaks it breaks... that's what T&E's are for ... [:D]

GOST
22 January 2015, 19:01
JHoward, put it through it's paces.[:D]

alamo5000
22 January 2015, 19:19

I have been babying that scope I have... then again I baby all my stuff. [:D]

I treated it like one of the family...I thought if we broke something we had to buy it LOL j/k

JHoward
22 January 2015, 19:24
LOL Well, I might not have waited for you guys to give me that go-ahead. Lets just say it's sturdy.

I'm going to start my thread and full write-up soon.

CK 187
23 January 2015, 04:57

JHoward, put it through it's paces.[:D]

Awesome!!!

Steeles
24 January 2015, 20:40
I love my compact weapon light . first decent LED light i've owned (classic 2DD maglights alway been my standby) it is stupid bright indoors. plenty of reach outdoors. I was originally going to grab a mount and put it on the rifle but like it almost too much as a handheld...

Eric
25 January 2015, 22:16
It's here, been shot a bit, a brief review put up and it will get handed off soon. Just a side note on the reviews; please write about the good, bad and the ugly. I've heard numerous complaints that reviewers and bought and paid for by the manufacturers. Maybe in some places, but that's not going to fly here. We just ask that reviews are honest.

Lower and ACOG not included...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Rainier%20Arms/IMG_5792B.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/AR15forme/media/Rainier%20Arms/IMG_5792B.jpg.html)

Naytwan
25 January 2015, 23:22
It's here, been shot a bit, a brief review put up and it will get handed off soon. Just a side note on the reviews; please write about the good, bad and the ugly. I've heard numerous complaints that reviewers and bought and paid for by the manufacturers. Maybe in some places, but that's not going to fly here. We just ask that reviews are honest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Rainier%20Arms/IMG_5792B.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/AR15forme/media/Rainier%20Arms/IMG_5792B.jpg.html)

Thats a sweet looking upper.

CK 187
26 January 2015, 04:41

Gorgeous. She needs a good workout!

velocity2006
27 January 2015, 00:41
That's a nice looking upper. Still available to review anything you want to send my way. Weather has been decent here for shooting lately also.

Ride4frnt
27 January 2015, 07:57
Yeah I've been wanting to try a piston setup.

Gaspipeshooter
27 January 2015, 08:12
I would be curious to see how it compares to my Adams Arms piston set up...

SINNER
27 January 2015, 08:49
I have a Adams on a .300 Blackout carbine and it has been one headache after another. Curious to see how this performs as I have all but given up on D.I.Y. Piston kits. And a few manufacturers designs also.

JHoward
27 January 2015, 09:12
I would love to try an upper, but I despise pistons, especially on 16" rifles. I'd love to try one in a 10.5" or shorter though...

UWone77
28 January 2015, 18:29
Sent out a Fortis REV I and a SWITCH Rail out today.

Dstrbdmedic167
28 January 2015, 18:39
Sent out a Fortis REV I and a SWITCH Rail out today.

Awesome!!

alamo5000
28 January 2015, 19:11
Just a side note on the reviews; please write about the good, bad and the ugly. I've heard numerous complaints that reviewers and bought and paid for by the manufacturers. Maybe in some places, but that's not going to fly here. We just ask that reviews are honest.

Yes I agree. I tried to let it rip with mine, but not with the intent to merely criticize unjustly.

Well that sucks. I would evaluate that ACOG.

UWone77
30 January 2015, 13:48
If anyone wants to test out 2 Mission First Tactical Magazines, we have some. Drop'em, run'em over, destroy them.

Dstrbdmedic167
30 January 2015, 13:49
If anyone wants to test out 2 Mission First Tactical Magazines, we have some. Drop'em, run'em over, destroy them.

I'm always game but if someone else wants no worries. I'll use em with 300blk and 277 WLV too!!

toolboxluis00200
30 January 2015, 14:10

memememememe

Pyzik
30 January 2015, 14:15
If there happens to be more than one lucky fella, I'd love to abuse some. I almost ordered some on Wednesday and decided to hold off till they've seen more action.

FortTom
30 January 2015, 15:12
UW, if you happen to have a FN SCAR laying around, I'd be proud to volunteer to test it. Of course to be fair to FN and everyone else involved, I'd probably need it for 2 or 3 years, you know, to give it a very thorough test, in various climates, temperatures, and every conceivable shooting scenario.

Anyway, I thought I'd be unselfish and volunteer to put in the work that would be involved. You can just ship it anytime this week or next.... [:D][:D]

P.S. Almost forgot, I'll be needing some shelf optics if you don't mind throwing some in the box with the SCAR. U.S. Optics comes to mind, or an Aimpoint, if that's all that's available.

Thanks,

FT

Dstrbdmedic167
30 January 2015, 15:13
UW, if you happen to have a FN SCAR laying around, I'd be proud to volunteer to test it. Of course to be fair to FN and everyone else involved, I'd probably need it for 2 or 3 years, you know, to give it a very thorough test, in various climates, temperatures, and every conceivable shooting scenario.

Anyway, I thought I'd be unselfish and volunteer to put in the work that would be involved. You can just ship it anytime this week or next.... [:D][:D]

Ha ha I'll get in on that

Pyzik
30 January 2015, 15:14

Ha! I genuinely wish you luck.

mustangfreek
30 January 2015, 15:34

First i have heard or seen these mags...hummm

Naytwan
30 January 2015, 16:02

Saw them in the coverage from shot. Look interesting. To bad I live in a ban state. Would be fun to try and make them fail.

UWone77
30 January 2015, 16:05

You're always the last to know.

Pyzik, I'm sending you the mags.

Don't worry Luis, we got more stuff coming. You're in the que. You too Nay

toolboxluis00200
30 January 2015, 16:09

Don't worry Luis, we got more stuff coming. You're in the que.

thank you :P:P

Pyzik
30 January 2015, 16:17
Awesome!
I'll put em to work

Ride4frnt
30 January 2015, 19:47
Not t&e related, but I'm FINALLY getting a aero spr mount tomorrow. Trading my extended mount.

Farva
30 January 2015, 19:51
I'm late to the game on the mags but I'd be willing to test one!

Naytwan
30 January 2015, 22:48

Don't worry Luis, we got more stuff coming. You're in the que. You too Nay

Thanks. Feels weird reading that. No one but my grandma calls me Nay. Lol

CK 187
31 January 2015, 06:22
Question, do we need to post up our willingness to test some things out with each addition to the T&E pile or is there a running list of willing participants to be cycled thru?

Steeles
31 January 2015, 08:24

P.S. Almost forgot, I'll be needing some shelf optics if you don't mind throwing some in the box with the SCAR. U.S. Optics comes to mind, or an Aimpoint, if that's all that's available.

Thanks,

FT

yeah i need some optics to test so I can decide what I want!

UWone77
1 February 2015, 00:39
Question, do we need to post up our willingness to test some things out with each addition to the T&E pile or is there a running list of willing participants to be cycled thru?

I have a rough running list of what people are interested in.

I will also post new items that are available, and of course throw it out there to put out feelers. I get that not everyone wants to necessarily spend time testing everything.

Farva
1 February 2015, 04:53
Who currently has the 50k battery life Primary Arms dot? I'm curious how it's doing as I've been eyeing one of these.

Deadwing
1 February 2015, 05:31
Who currently has the 50k battery life Primary Arms dot? I'm curious how it's doing as I've been eyeing one of these.

I have this one: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_CR123A_Battery_Red_Dot_with_8_hr_auto _p/pacrs.htm

So far, it works great, like my other PA optics. It's been dropped, bumped, rained on, used and slightly abuse, and it keeps trucking and holds zero. I'm not a huge fan of the top mounted buttons for adjusting brightness (i'd prefer an Aimpoint style knob). But for $169, with a lifetime warranty, i think i can live with it. I have no experience with the 50k hour PA microdot, but my older PA microdot is still running strong (after suffering the same hard use described above).

gatordev
1 February 2015, 08:06

I have a thread for the 50K micro dot in the Member's Reviews section. Put up an update last night.

Pyzik
1 February 2015, 09:55
I have a thread for the 50K micro dot in the Member's Reviews section. Put up an update last night.
Missed that one. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be looking at grabbing one eventually for my AK.