PDA

View Full Version : 7.62 NATO Surplus Ammo?

FortTom
25 November 2014, 19:03
I'm trying to find deals on surplus 7.62 X 51 NATO ammo. All I can seem to find is the "Prizi" Siberian Stuff. I've searched for U.S. NATO or other "quality" surplus ammo. Also looking to find the equivalent of "green tip" if it's available. I've recently completed my AR-10 and want to buy some discounted bulk surplus to wring it out with.

Thanks,

FT

SINNER
26 November 2014, 03:32
Good luck. I usually shoot the Federal white box but even that is hard to find in bulk. I just picked up 1000 rounds of this. Shot well and seemed even cleaner than the Federal.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/500rds-308-win-right-to-bear-147gr-fmj-ammo-bulk-pack/cName/308-762-nato-all-308-762-nato

gatordev
26 November 2014, 14:16
I'm trying to find deals on surplus 7.62 X 51 NATO ammo. All I can seem to find is the "Prizi" Siberian Stuff. I've searched for U.S. NATO or other "quality" surplus ammo. Also looking to find the equivalent of "green tip" if it's available. I've recently completed my AR-10 and want to buy some discounted bulk surplus to wring it out with.

Thanks,

FT

The Privi stuff isn't bad for what it is. I've shot it out of my temperamental M1A and thought maybe something was wrong, but then I shot it out of my SR-25 and it grouped incredibly well (albeit at 100 yards, not farther out). Easily 1.5-ish MOA if not better after 8-10 shots. The gun can shoot better than that, so given the ammo and the shooter (me), I thought that was pretty good performance.

FortTom
26 November 2014, 14:33
The Privi stuff isn't bad for what it is. I've shot it out of my temperamental M1A and thought maybe something was wrong, but then I shot it out of my SR-25 and it grouped incredibly well (albeit at 100 yards, not farther out). Easily 1.5-ish MOA if not better after 8-10 shots. The gun can shoot better than that, so given the ammo and the shooter (me), I thought that was pretty good performance.
Maybe I'll just get some. You know how it goes, it might shoot 1" in one gun and 3" in another. The only way to go is to reload to the specific gun. I have to wait until I purchase the condo, to set my bench back up though. What a PITA!. Anyway, I'm just going to "target" shoot with it now, so if I can get under 2" at 100 yds will do for now. Thanks to both of you.

FT.

DutyUse
26 November 2014, 14:44
LC m80 is my preferred bulk ammo for 308. Can normally find it for 60 cents a shot

WHSmithIV
26 November 2014, 20:58
Try Ammoseek.com - that will search all sorts of places for you for 7.62x51

I took a quick look and there has to be at least 20 manufacturers listed.