PDA

View Full Version : Serious Faith In The locking Lugs?

JHoward
30 November 2014, 19:15
Home made single shot AR-15 pistol range test: http://youtu.be/WsIz6KwfQbw

What is up with this?

FortTom
30 November 2014, 19:40
Home made single shot AR-15 pistol range test: http://youtu.be/WsIz6KwfQbw

What is up with this?

I think what is up there is a serious waste of money, time and ammo. Just what everyone needs, a manually reloaded single shot pistol. [crazy]

FortTom
30 November 2014, 19:41
Deleted: Reason, double posted.

Thompson
1 December 2014, 06:01
I think what is up there is a serious waste of money, time and ammo. Just what everyone needs, a manually reloaded single shot pistol. [crazy]
Couldn't agree more. Why go through that process, when you could pick up a nice pistol instead.

Maybe he's going for the Welrod approach?

Pyzik
1 December 2014, 06:31
Probably in a ban state and rather than using something known to work tried to reinvent the wheel?

For just a tad more (he spent $400) he could have had a decent AR pistol.

Former11B
1 December 2014, 08:46
It fun to experiment and see if you can build something so I can't fault him there. HOWEVER, if I'm testing an unknown quantity for the first time, I'm wearing long sleeves, gloves and real eye pro

schambers
1 December 2014, 14:36
I think stuff like this is pretty cool. If I had the tools, I would probably be doing something similar. Just for shits and giggles.

There's a kid on youtube that's in the process of building a shotgun from scrap. Kinda interesting to watch.

DutyUse
1 December 2014, 15:14
I don't get it. Could get a Rossi single shot for less then 200$..

Uffdaphil
1 December 2014, 15:23
Might as well go Full Monty with a snub nose. I would like to see that fireball.

Former11B
1 December 2014, 15:34
I don't get it. Could get a Rossi single shot for less then 200$..

The cost isnt the point. The point is you can make one at home, and not buy it from someone

DutyUse
1 December 2014, 15:39
The cost isnt the point. The point is you can make one at home, and not buy it from someone

You can do the same thing with an actual AR. Sorry just don't see the point. Not hating, everyone has things were into that people don't understand

IGOTTHEPOO
1 December 2014, 16:34
If nothing else, you could blind or burn someone with the flash.

camomike
1 December 2014, 16:56
I'm not the one that gonna be holding it the first time it fires. That's what vises and string are for. Surprised an indoor range allowed him to run the damn thing. Just cuz it works, don't make it right.

GaSwamper
1 December 2014, 16:58
I'm all up for tinkering but sorry, that is dumb as hell. Some how I see this guy ending up with a mouth full of BCG.

FortTom
1 December 2014, 17:38
I'm all up for tinkering but sorry, that is dumb as hell. Some how I see this guy ending up with a mouth full of BCG.
God must love idiots, he created so many of them.....

GaSwamper
1 December 2014, 18:08
God must love idiots, he created so many of them.....

He just likes quality entertainment.

JHoward
1 December 2014, 20:08
I'm all for doing some crazy stuff, just to play, but I'm not for hand loading one shot at a time and putting my face behind an unsecured BCG. I would think it was cool if he had a 10 round mag, and a cut down BCG and receiverextension so that he could at least just pull the charging handle to load the next round.

camomike
3 December 2014, 21:17
After seeing this vid, youtube linked me to a Keychain zip pistol. Looked like a car keyfob. I'm thinking of trying my hand at a .22 short version. Simple little pull cock, push button 2 shot.