PDA

View Full Version : UCWRG Raptor

GOST
1 December 2014, 04:52
Another sexy version of the Raptor. Wonder if UW has already got one?[:D]

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/p235x350/10494761_612209318906121_4324148991863731337_n.jpg ?oh=92ffe848b548c24f7f990d6c87421c9f&oe=55015CF0

https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/upper-receiver-parts/64/ambidextrous-charging-handle/

Dstrbdmedic167
1 December 2014, 09:38
I commented the other night on a pic of his umbrella upper. UCWRG said he had one on the way. Maybe he'll send it to me when he's done fondling it. :fingers crossed: lol

toolboxluis00200
1 December 2014, 10:04
i saw it i want one so it will look cool on my Nemesis upper that i build

Thompson
1 December 2014, 10:07
Another sexy version of the Raptor. Wonder if UW has already got one?[:D]
Of course he does - what type of question is that silly? :P

I believe Geissele also has their own branded Raptor as well.

DutyUse
1 December 2014, 10:32
They look good, but gotta be one of the most expensive CH's ever..

UWone77
1 December 2014, 10:53
They look good, but gotta be one of the most expensive CH's ever..

I've got enough Raptors... I know is that possible? But if UCWRG is going to send me one, I'm not going to say no. [:D]

DutyUse
1 December 2014, 10:58
I got the noveske raptor and love it. But dang almost a 100$?

GOST
1 December 2014, 12:02
I've got one of the first ones with no laser engraving, wish you could still get them that way.

Thompson
1 December 2014, 21:10
I got the noveske raptor and love it. But dang almost a 100$?
I'm all for ambi ... but I'm still not sure if $80-90 would justify the reason.

CarbonScoring
1 December 2014, 22:03
I get that the Raptor is a good CH, but is this really worth talking about? It's just another branded Raptor. To me it's like the Noveske (and other) branded TTI Glock base pads. It's no different other than the logo.

UWone77
1 December 2014, 22:38
I get that the Raptor is a good CH, but is this really worth talking about? It's just another branded Raptor. To me it's like the Noveske (and other) branded TTI Glock base pads. It's no different other than the logo.

Yup... Everyone can slap their own logos on the Raptor if they decide to license it.

Nothing new.

I agree with GOST though. I prefer my original one without any markings whatsoever.

GOST
2 December 2014, 02:01

This one looks like the wings may be the same size and filled in, may not be much different but it is different.

GOST
2 December 2014, 02:03
I'm all for ambi ... but I'm still not sure if $80-90 would justify the reason.

Raptors can often be found for $69 these days, but probably not this one.

SpydrMan
2 December 2014, 04:40
Raptors can often be found for $69 these days, but probably not this one.

I bought my last Raptor for $65, and as someone who runs the AR lefty (left eye dominant) it is worth every penny. The Raptor, along with the BAD ASS is standard equipment for me.

GOST
2 December 2014, 10:17
Would be cool to see a run of the prototypes.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/6988423581_d11db319b2_z.jpg

CarbonScoring
2 December 2014, 10:30
Would be cool to see a run of the prototypes.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/6988423581_d11db319b2_z.jpg

I like that a lot more than the standard Raptor. Too bad they didn't stick with that design. It looks like it'd be less machining.

n4p226r
2 December 2014, 10:31
I love the raptor. I replaced my noveske marked gunfighter with one. It's really nice.

umbrella is the biggest tease though. My buddy has been waiting for over a year I believe for his paid in full billet lower and lower parts kit.

DutyUse
2 December 2014, 10:35
What? I got my LPK from them in less then 10 days. Don't think they take back orders

n4p226r
2 December 2014, 10:39
It was ordered as part of the billet presale so I'm sure it will ship when/if the billet lowers ever make it to market

GOST
2 December 2014, 10:42
It was ordered as part of the billet presale so I'm sure it will ship when/if the billet lowers ever make it to market

I remember when the pre-sale was first offered, he's been waiting that long?

n4p226r
2 December 2014, 10:45
Yup. I'm follow up on it more than he does. Mainly because he has so many current builds going on its not a big deal to him. I laugh every month when I get the updates that hint it's any day now. I don't think they shipped any with the exception of a few to industry insiders

FortTom
2 December 2014, 14:08
I have to play the antagonist here. I bought a raptor, took a small section of the top of my fingers off, between that and the FA, and almost immediately gave it to a forum member to help with building his friends rifle.
If they were 29 cents, you couldn't sell me another one.

toolboxluis00200
2 December 2014, 14:17
i want one for my umbrella upper

GOST
2 December 2014, 14:52
I have to play the antagonist here. I bought a raptor, took a small section of the top of my fingers off, between that and the FA, and almost immediately gave it to a forum member to help with building his friends rifle.
If they were 29 cents, you couldn't sell me another one.

Sounds like that sucked. I usually grab mine with the palm of my left hand on the port side. The FA doesn't get in my way.

six8
2 December 2014, 14:58
My Raptor is the plain Jane model but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortTom
2 December 2014, 15:04
Sounds like that sucked. I usually grab mine with the palm of my left hand on the port side. The FA doesn't get in my way.
So do I, GOST. But the whole point was that it was ambidexterous and that was what I was experimenting with when I took the skin off my fingers (actually the skin between my nails and knuckles). I went back to the way I was originally trained and use BCM mod 3's and my left hand. No more enraged usage of language that will melt the paint off the walls:mad:, got rid of Raptor, fingers healed, problem solved.[:D]

mustangfreek
2 December 2014, 15:12
I'm in...

Would fit right in, with my unfinished umbrella build..lol..

GOST
2 December 2014, 15:18
Isn't this early in the day for you Mustang?[:D]

mustangfreek
2 December 2014, 15:19
Isn't this early in the day for you Mustang?[:D]

lol..what...im up all hours of the day...

I dont sleep...

Kopis
3 December 2014, 07:41
i have a raptor that came with my noveske upper. I run the BCM mod 4's on everything else. I like the Mod 4 better on gripping but the raptor is cool. Maybe if i was a left i would buy it. It may not be for everyone but it's not a bad product. Being a righty, i feel like the mod4 is the best bang for my buck.

UWone77
3 December 2014, 10:41
i have a raptor that came with my noveske upper. I run the BCM mod 4's on everything else. I like the Mod 4 better on gripping but the raptor is cool. Maybe if i was a left i would buy it. It may not be for everyone but it's not a bad product. Being a righty, i feel like the mod4 is the best bang for my buck.

I 100% agree with this. If you're not a lefty, no real reason to buy an ambi charging handle. However, they are great for off hand shooting, if you practice those kinds of drills.

Umbrella advised me they are sending me a UCWRG Raptor, so I'll post some pics when I see it.

Computalotapus
3 December 2014, 10:53
Looking forward to the pictures. I am not a lefty and I love my RA raptor and will continue to get them for my personal builds. I do a lot of cross body charging when running drills. ( ie. weapon held in right hand pointing down across my body. left hand over the top of the weapon using my pinky or heal of my palm to grab the charging handle and racking the round into the chamber. ) It is something that I I have picked up and has worked for me so far. I do all my chamber checks and I also use the ambi side when do malfunction drills (so far I have not had a single malfunction while running a course).

GOST
3 December 2014, 12:27
Umbrella advised me they are sending me a UCWRG Raptor, so I'll post some pics when I see it.

Rubb it in why don't you.[BD]

Kopis
3 December 2014, 12:36
Looking forward to the pictures. I am not a lefty and I love my RA raptor and will continue to get them for my personal builds. I do a lot of cross body charging when running drills. ( ie. weapon held in right hand pointing down across my body. left hand over the top of the weapon using my pinky or heal of my palm to grab the charging handle and racking the round into the chamber. ) It is something that I I have picked up and has worked for me so far. I do all my chamber checks and I also use the ambi side when do malfunction drills (so far I have not had a single malfunction while running a course).

oh thats a cool drill, ill have to try that when my gun gets out of cerakote! I like the raptor but for 2x the price it's not for me as i dont do 3 gun and am not LEO. My upper just happened to come with it. I dont see how anyone can hate on them though. If you have the money/like them, then get one. Certainly not a bad product by any means.

toolboxluis00200
3 December 2014, 12:37
Rubb it in why don't you.[BD]

dont forget the salt

GOST
3 December 2014, 16:28
Since everybody and their mama has their own branded Raptor, where's the WEVO? It needs to have the solid levers like the prototype.

KevinBLC
3 December 2014, 19:40
Yup. I'm follow up on it more than he does. Mainly because he has so many current builds going on its not a big deal to him. I laugh every month when I get the updates that hint it's any day now. I don't think they shipped any with the exception of a few to industry insiders

I thought the only billet umbrella lowers out there were just a few made for photographers. Did anyone actually get one out of a production run?

toolboxluis00200
3 December 2014, 19:44
I thought the only billet umbrella lowers out there were just a few made for photographers. Did anyone actually get one out of a production run?

i send them a email a few weeks ago they say they had QC issues and CNC issues but from time to time you can get ther regular lowers or the set at a Blemish price :) drool drool i love to get one of the lowers

KevinBLC
3 December 2014, 19:47
i send them a email a few weeks ago they say they had QC issues and CNC issues but from time to time you can get ther regular lowers or the set at a Blemish price :) drool drool i love to get one of the lowers

uhhhh WHAT?

I'm aware of the HUUCR's but I was asking about the Billet receivers.

toolboxluis00200
3 December 2014, 19:48
uhhhh WHAT?

I'm aware of the HUUCR's but I was asking about the Billet receivers.

yes is for the billet they say they had QC issues and CNC issues

UWone77
3 December 2014, 19:50
yes is for the billet they say they had QC issues and CNC issues

I don't believe they ever made HUUCR Billet Lowers, or released any.

toolboxluis00200
3 December 2014, 20:02
I don't believe they ever made HUUCR Billet Lowers, or released any.
i never seed that the did Billet blemish lower just there regular Blemish lowers :)

CarbonScoring
4 December 2014, 01:03
Since everybody and their mama has their own branded Raptor, where's the WEVO? It needs to have the solid levers like the prototype.

That might get me to try one out.

Thompson
4 December 2014, 05:08
That might get me to try one out.
Ditto.

Heck, we should just start up our own company with rebranded things [BD]

Kopis
4 December 2014, 06:50
Ditto.

yeah people are always saying "i have a NOVESKE raptor" or whatever brand. Dude, you have a raptor. Cool story.

DutyUse
4 December 2014, 08:36
yeah people are always saying "i have a NOVESKE raptor" or whatever brand. Dude, you have a raptor. Cool story.

Didn't realize you were so touchy. How would one explain one from the other without that pre-fix?

toolboxluis00200
4 December 2014, 09:30
Ditto.

i can use the cash i am on board whit this idea

n4p226r
5 December 2014, 15:54

I know people have paid for billet lowers. I'm not aware of any actually getting shipped though. i wonder what they threw in for the stick giveaway

Computalotapus
5 December 2014, 16:14
I know that their customer service is top notch. Nothing but good things with my experience with them. If there is a delay in their product I am sure their customers know about it.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

camomike
5 December 2014, 16:20
I use my raptor on my DMR. Makes it easier to charge from prone under my scope.

Lkb513
7 December 2014, 10:30
Just got it off my porch =D

http://i61.tinypic.com/wjdvuh.jpg

GOST
7 December 2014, 10:50
Good looking piece.

Thompson
7 December 2014, 11:53
Love the composition - looks great in black & white. What color grip did you get?

toolboxluis00200
7 December 2014, 11:59
looks nice. I have to wait till next year to get one

Lkb513
7 December 2014, 19:39
Love the composition - looks great in black & white. What color grip did you get?

It's the black grip. Finally was able to get my hands on one after waiting 2 months lol

n4p226r
8 December 2014, 14:36
I know that their customer service is top notch. Nothing but good things with my experience with them. If there is a delay in their product I am sure their customers know about it.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

of course their customers know about it. they paid with nothing in hand. i was subscribed for a while to their newsletter. now it seems that most of the stuff is just on Facebook now. but "another month or two" seems to be a standard response.

Thompson
8 December 2014, 14:54
It's the black grip. Finally was able to get my hands on one after waiting 2 months lol
Nice. Didn't realize the demand was that high for their grips.

DutyUse
8 December 2014, 17:38
Tactical link has them for 19$..