PDA

View Full Version : Stock options...

FrankRochester
9 November 2008, 07:09
Hi guys.. I was wondering how close a A-1 stock comes to replicating a collapsable stock in one of the forward positions? I live in NY and can't have the telestock. Does anyone know the LOP distance for an A-1 and A-2 stock? I was thinking of putting on a Vltor rifle modstock to get a look similar to a telestock.

Uglyduck
9 November 2008, 08:52
i believe the A1 has an 11 1/2 L.O.P. which is similar to the extended position of a collapsed. A2 is somewhere around 13, but don't quote me on either of these, they're guesses. Take a look at these, they're 8 inches overall and more similar to position 3 of a 6 position collapsable. Also take a look at the Entry stock, made by Rock River I believe.

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/defensive-edgenet/-strse-83/Sully-Stock/Detail

FrankRochester
9 November 2008, 09:21
thanks for the info.

TehLlama
9 November 2008, 16:06
Remember, there are stock pads that fit either if you're unsure.

SturmSoldaten
10 November 2008, 17:10
what is with the LMT SOPMOD stock? i am looking around at various collapsable stock and why is it so damn expensive? $200 just for the stock body. anyway what is a good solid collapsable carbine stock?

Uglyduck
10 November 2008, 22:28
My experiences have been limited to Magpul products, but that's because they've worked well for me. Anymore, the quality of aftermarket stocks are on par with one another, the differences come from the available options and how they suit your requirements.

TehLlama
11 November 2008, 10:02
The LMT is very popular, many swear by them. They're pretty solid on there, very little play, and the cheekweld is improved. I'd also look at the VLTOR EMOD - cheaper, all have QD swivel mounts, and it's longer (good thing in my book).

However, once the MagPul ACS comes out (think LMT SOMPOD and MagPul CTR's love child) it will eclipse everything similar to it.