PDA

View Full Version : Griffin .30 Sportsman

GaSwamper
5 December 2014, 18:56
Been doing my suppressor shopping and I gotta say, yet another world that will make your head spin. I'm steadily accessing my wants and needs and have started narrowing the field, I do have one that is a little off key from the rest that has caught my eye and got me asking myself questions, the Griffin Armament .30 sportsman taper mounted. At first the Alum. scarred me away but the 12.5oz just keeps calling me back especially after seeing this thing is rated for .300 mag as long as you keep the rate of fire down of course. This will be primarly at first for my 10.5'' .277 WLV and will probly be swapped around with 16'' 6.8 and possibly a 7mm wildcat based AR-15 in the works. 90% of my trigger time is hunting and precision range shooting with only a small amount of rapid fire drills that could be worked around. My other prospects are much heavier but mostly comparable to each other, SDN-6, reece-7, the Saker, so on etc. but am also really wanting to look into Dead Air when they finally come out hopefully in Jan. So without anymore rambling does anyone have an opinion of the Sportsman or actual hands on time?

Former11B
8 December 2014, 08:34
I typed a long reply to this but my iPhone refreshed my browser and I lost the whole thing. I'll rewrite on my computer in a little while.

Bottom line: Griffin has come out with a lot of good stuff in a short period of time. I like their stuff and a GA can will be my next (unless I win one)

GaSwamper
8 December 2014, 14:47
I typed a long reply to this but my iPhone refreshed my browser and I lost the whole thing. I'll rewrite on my computer in a little while.

Bottom line: Griffin has come out with a lot of good stuff in a short period of time. I like their stuff and a GA can will be my next (unless I win one)

I been there, ticks ya off after all that work. After watching it work in some of the vids I really like the taper mount Griffin has, to me in theory the taper should make a solid lock up. I was also impressed with the accuracy of the Sportsman in the videos using the taper mount.

VIPER 237
8 December 2014, 14:49
The guys at Silencershop have nothing but praise for the Sportsman, and like it better than the harvester from Silencerco.

GaSwamper
8 December 2014, 15:29
The guys at Silencershop have nothing but praise for the Sportsman, and like it better than the harvester from Silencerco.

I tried to find a review from someone like Silencershop but didn't really see any. Do you have a link, would like to see what they are saying.

VIPER 237
7 January 2015, 17:45
I tried to find a review from someone like Silencershop but didn't really see any. Do you have a link, would like to see what they are saying.

Sorry i'm a month late, this is just from communication between them and myself.