PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Introduces the 518 & 558

GOST
5 December 2014, 20:05
http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/EOTech-518-558.png

Basically the EXPS using AA batteries. Models 556, 553, 516, 517 and the Zombie Stopper line have been discontinued.

CarbonScoring
5 December 2014, 20:41
I've got an EXPS2 that I really like. The mounting system works really well.

Ride4frnt
5 December 2014, 20:44
I've just never seen the appeal of the eotech. I've shot them, and they are nice sights, but if I'm paying that much for an optic it will be an aimpoint. Curious to see how these do though.

GOST
5 December 2014, 21:12
For some the 65 MOA circle works best. I personally do better with just the dot, but most of my friends are considerably faster with an EOTech. I do like the EXPS-2.

CarbonScoring
5 December 2014, 21:42
I do prefer my Aimpoint H1; the simple sight picture works well for me. But the Eotech is nice with it's large viewing window. I bought my EXPS just to try it out and was able to get it used, so it was fairly cheap. I don't know if I would pay full price for one.

schambers
6 December 2014, 17:42
glad they kept the zombie model

GOST
6 December 2014, 18:46
glad they kept the zombie model

The Zombie Stoppers were discontinued.

Thompson
7 December 2014, 00:47
Curious, any particular reason you guys like Aimpoints over EOTechs? Something I'll have to figure out later on down the road, but curious to hear some input. The one feature that I do like about some of the Aimpoints, is the battery life and the lack of auto shut-off.

CarbonScoring
7 December 2014, 01:52
The battery life alone is enough for me. I own both, but my H1 is on my home defense rifle.

GOST
7 December 2014, 04:11
Curious, any particular reason you guys like Aimpoints over EOTechs? Something I'll have to figure out later on down the road, but curious to hear some input. The one feature that I do like about some of the Aimpoints, is the battery life and the lack of auto shut-off.

To me it's just personal preference, the single dot works better for me. The EXPS series gets around 600 hours of battery which isn't nearly that of Aimpoints, but isn't horrible either. I've never had a problem with an EOTech, but many say that Aimpoints are considerably more durable. I personally think that one should use what reticle works best for them.

I've never had to do deal with it, but I've heard that EOTech's customer service can be found lacking.

schambers
7 December 2014, 04:43
The Zombie Stoppers were discontinued.

booooooooooooooooooo

CarbonScoring
7 December 2014, 05:43
I haven't heard too many negative stories about Aimpoints (though I'm sure there are some), but I have heard a lot of people complain about Eotechs (especially the AA ones).

Uffdaphil
7 December 2014, 06:02
The big viewing window is why I bought a 556 and later an EXPS, but sold them when I could not see the target quickley enough through the circle dot. Went to the T1, PRO and Comp2 for the single dot. The new Mepro Tru-Dot is ideal for me with the large window and dot. But it's so fugly on my beautiful builds. Always something that could be better.

UWone77
7 December 2014, 22:26
Until battery life catches up to Aimpoint, and I realize that it's a hologram vs a diode, EoTechs to me are a hard sell for guys who need their guns ready to go when they grab it. I do like the 65 MOA ring better than a dot however.

CoxeyDiesel
7 December 2014, 22:59
Until battery life catches up to Aimpoint, and I realize that it's a hologram vs a diode, EoTechs to me are a hard sell for guys who need their guns ready to go when they grab it. I do like the 65 MOA ring better than a dot however.

I'm with you 100% on this. Peace of mind knowing that dot is gonna be there without having to screw with anything is nice.