PDA

View Full Version : Steyr L9-A1

GOST
6 December 2014, 06:06
I've been wanting to check one of these out but haven't found one of the locally to fondle. Anyone had a chance to fire one yet?

http://www.handgunsmag.com/files/2014/01/StreyrArms_L9A1_F.jpg

Here is Mrgunsngear's review from earlier this year:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcIwoBWiok#

DutyUse
6 December 2014, 06:39
Last time we went to Buds Guns on a weekday it was fairly slow and I got a lengthy opportunity to compare the Carcal F, PPQ m2 navy and the Steyr head to head.

The Steyr got eliminated fairly quickly however because the old lady thought it was fugly and the grip didn't feel as natural as the other two. Also while its trigger was miles ahead of a glock, to me it wasn't as nice as the Carcal or PPQ. I want to say it was fairly inexpensive though. If we hadn't already owned another PPQ I think it would have gotten more love from us

GOST
6 December 2014, 06:45
I've got a new Bud's about an hour from the house, I need to go check it out. The top of the grip reminds of a Magpul MOE grip, and the steel insert in the frame like a M&P are the 2 things that have wanting to try it out.

GOST
6 December 2014, 06:59
I plan on getting a new polymer some time next year. The 3 I've been considering are a Glock 19, M&P 9 and the Steyr. The M&P is the front runner right now.

DutyUse
6 December 2014, 07:07
I'm betting the new Tennessee store is really nice. I have a real love hate with buds. I'll have to snap a picture sometime but their wall of pistols is like none other, it's holy impressive while being near maddening. You see all these rare gems but the crowds make it near impossible unless you want to wait an hour per gun :(

I've learned either to know exactly what I want or to come on a weekday and be there when the doors open if I want to handle some.

Computalotapus
6 December 2014, 07:27
I plan on getting a new polymer some time next year. The 3 I've been considering are a Glock 19, M&P 9 and the Steyr. The M&P is the front runner right now.

Knowing what I know now, I would grab the Glock out of those 3. Since i already own the Glock 19 and the M&P 9 I am also in the market for a new pistol. I think I am either going to pick up the Walther PPQ M1 or a H&K VP9.

GOST
6 December 2014, 07:39
Those 2 seem to be the popular choice these days. I didn't much care for the M&P trigger but did really well at the range with it.

CarbonScoring
6 December 2014, 07:47
If you want to do the upgrades with an Apex trigger, the M&P is excellent. I have a friend who has one with the FSS and trigger and it's great. When I was trying to decide between the M&P and the G19, I went with Glock. As ergonomic as the M&P is, I found that the ways in which the Glock wasn't as ergonomic (i.e. the blocky backstrap) actually helped me get a better grip. Plus I'm one of those people who thinks the Glock grip angle points better. [crazy]

DutyUse
6 December 2014, 09:01
The M&P 9 with the flat Apex kit will be our next handgun for sure. My wife put her foot down though, trade for it or no bueno. As much as I want/try to like the gen 4 G17 it's grip and my stubby fingers don't mix so it'll probably get the axe. My glock collection just keeps dwindling..

tact
6 December 2014, 17:25
You will like the Steyr's trigger....it's a pretty sweet pistol. Some people cry about the trapezoidal sights but like everything else they can be swapped if you don't like them.