PDA

View Full Version : Now my wife wants one.

Calico Jack
6 December 2014, 14:35
I took my wife to the range for the first time in years and she got to shoot the rifle I built. Now she wants one.

UWone77
6 December 2014, 14:47
You say this like it's a bad thing...

Gaspipeshooter
6 December 2014, 14:51
Must be the weather. My wife and I are both off the week between Christmas and New Year and she asked me to take her to the range while we were off. It will be her first time a range and shooting pistols and centerfire long guns...

Computalotapus
6 December 2014, 15:13
I took my wife to the range for the first time in years and she got to shoot the rifle I built. Now she wants one.

This is a great thing. I love going to the range with my wife.

akersc
6 December 2014, 15:16

Must be the weather. My wife and I are both off the week between Christmas and New Year and she asked me to take her to the range while we were off. It will be her first time a range and shooting pistols and centerfire long guns...

I love going to the range with Comp. This might be a very good thing for both of you. Get them into it and 1. They learn to protect themselves, less worry for you 2. They start wanting guns and gun parts and ammo and you see where I'm going with this :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calico Jack
6 December 2014, 15:24
Oh no I am very happy.

SwissyJim
6 December 2014, 16:59
I would jump on getting/making her one ASAP - but at the very least start making trips to the range with her a more common thing. I did that once my wife saw the fun of shooting suppressed, and so far she has not bitched about the other suppressors.... waiting on #5 to clear!

toolboxluis00200
6 December 2014, 16:59
darn I need a wife now lol

nonskid709
6 December 2014, 17:06
I'm in the same boat. My wife decided last year that she wanted to really get into shooting. She grew up around guns and had come out to the range with me a couple of times, but she decided to take it further. She had a good year last year: 2 pistols and an AR. She's thinking about a pistol for her next AR build. It'll be her first actual build. I personally love that we can share this. I have to admit, it's pretty hot to see her checking out guns and gear online...

Hmac
6 December 2014, 19:51
My wife, about 25 years ago, surprised me by telling me, out of the blue, that she was taking the NRA Basic Pistol course. She said that if there were going to be guns in our home, she should learn how to handle and use them safely. She has gone on to take CCW and several personal defense courses since then and does go to the range with me about once a month to practice. By no means is she a gun enthusiast, which makes me admire her all the more because she does all that with a sense of responsibility that owning a gun and carrying it requires that she be good at it. She has no interest in rifles and has never shot one. Likewise, she has no interest in shooting any other firearm I own, but she practices a lot with her PPS and she's very good at it.

GOST
6 December 2014, 19:55
My wife shoots some with me, but usually pistols. She carries a Bersa .380, but usually likes the Kimber TLE II Pro. She does very well.

RobSWVA
6 December 2014, 22:33
You say this like it's a bad thing...

right? thats like being depressed that your wife wants you to put off the home improvements she's been wanting to go out and buy that truck/car/bike you've been wanting

plus this is the point where you build the gun you want, then tell her after shooting it you think the one you already had would be a much better option for her, lol

SpydrMan
7 December 2014, 07:57
This sounds like the perfect reason to start a new build.

Thompson
7 December 2014, 08:34
Now she wants one.
Hope she doesn't hijack your build and keep at as her own haha.

But seriously good to hear - now you don't need to go off making excuses of buying ... stuffs.

CoyDogTactical
7 December 2014, 12:56
I love the video I have of my wife shooting my AR for the first time. She yelled "holy sh!t" and could not get over how much fun it is.

GOST
7 December 2014, 14:08
Next thing is she'll want 2.

DubTap21
8 December 2014, 17:14
Good deal!

din
8 December 2014, 18:05
All y'all suck. My wife will go shooting with me, but she's never super into it. She usually gets bored pretty quickly and just watches for animals and stuff (we usually go outside when we go together). She doesn't mind me carrying, but doesn't want to herself, and doesn't want any of her own firearms. The kicker is that she's a much, much better shot than I am.