PDA

View Full Version : FN Scar

LIL-COMMANDO
11 November 2008, 13:07
Any information on the Scar L or H being released to the civilian market and
when will this happen? I ask becuase a couple of months ago on the NRA show they were covering a firearms shoot in New Mexico. A Person from FN was there talking about their weapons including the Scar. The FN Rep said they have the SOCOM contract for the Scar and are shipping to military now. He also said the Scar L will be available to the civilian market in November 2008 but would not release a price.

I also contacted a LEO FN Rep. a few weeks later and asked about the release and price. I was told that the civilian release will be in early 2009 and again no price was given. All we can do is wait and see since there are big changes in the political world.

[pop]

FrankRochester
11 November 2008, 19:34
The price will be rediculous... Like the other FN semi's that are out..

uspopo
12 November 2008, 04:29
I heard thru the grapevine that the SCAR-Ls are slowly trickling out at 2695.00 LIST. If spare parts availability is like their PS90/FS2000 which is almost non-existent, they can keep their 2700.00 paperweight..

Stickman
13 November 2008, 06:07
The last time I spoke with FN company reps, they commented that they were concerned about dealers jacking prices or using auctions to super inflate the weapon prices.

TehLlama
13 November 2008, 07:44
Given the market right now, I can see why dealers would go with an auction as a way to fetch ridiculous prices.

$2700 would get you a heck of an AR15, I'll stick with that.

As long as numbers are extremely limited - understandable as FN is fulfilling government orders first - the price will be for crazy people.

Stickman
13 November 2008, 16:58

Not much question about it for me either.

FrankRochester
13 November 2008, 20:19
Given the market right now, I can see why dealers would go with an auction as a way to fetch ridiculous prices.

As long as numbers are extremely limited - understandable as FN is fulfilling government orders first - the price will be for crazy people.

That's alot of rifle for $2700.... Plus, consider parts availability and knowledge of the rifle. People know what they are getting.