PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Defoor 2015 Training

GOST
13 December 2014, 11:07
From Kyle Defoor's Facebook page:

My way of saying thanks to those who have made it all possible- All 2015 Defoor Proformance Shooting open enrollment students who complete any course with me will receive 30% off any USO scope. All details to follow on last day of class

GOST
13 December 2014, 11:10
That would make a SR-8C $1746.50.

http://www.usoptics.com/

voodoo_man
13 December 2014, 12:38
Nice!

gatordev
17 September 2015, 18:05
So I signed up for a Defoor class and received my receipt, but haven't heard a peep, otherwise. I get the impression his operation is much smaller than, say, a Magpul, but anyone here done one of his courses in the past and could tell me when I hear more? The class isn't until Feb, so there's plenty of time, but just wanting to make sure something isn't supposed to be happening in the mean time (like the background check and/or submission of a CCW, like how Magpul does it).

voodoo_man
18 September 2015, 04:22
So I signed up for a Defoor class and received my receipt, but haven't heard a peep, otherwise. I get the impression his operation is much smaller than, say, a Magpul, but anyone here done one of his courses in the past and could tell me when I hear more? The class isn't until Feb, so there's plenty of time, but just wanting to make sure something isn't supposed to be happening in the mean time (like the background check and/or submission of a CCW, like how Magpul does it).

Ive shot with d4 before, took a class too.

You may hear something a little bit before maybe not. Just make sure you got everything you need for the class.

gatordev
18 September 2015, 14:21
Okay, thanks. Other than a rezero with some match ammo, I think I'm good....except for the actual location of the class. I've got a city, but no range info. I think I know where it really is, since I shoot a comp there every couple of months, but I'm hoping that's confirmed eventually.

I reread your carbine class review last night and I continue to be impressed with his style and mindset (along with PatMac), unlike other instructors that have fancy TV shows. I'm not doing the same class, but I think it will still be a great experience.

voodoo_man
18 September 2015, 15:11
Okay, thanks. Other than a rezero with some match ammo, I think I'm good....except for the actual location of the class. I've got a city, but no range info. I think I know where it really is, since I shoot a comp there every couple of months, but I'm hoping that's confirmed eventually.

I reread your carbine class review last night and I continue to be impressed with his style and mindset (along with PatMac), unlike other instructors that have fancy TV shows. I'm not doing the same class, but I think it will still be a great experience.

He is a no BS good guy and top notch instructor. Easily in my top 5 instructors I've ever taken classes with and shot with. Highly recommend taking a notepad and pen with you to take notes, a lot of stuff he puts out are nuggets that may take time to sink in.

Also, since you are in FL, have you taken any courses with F2S ? He does an awesome dual purpose carbine course (762), I will highly recommend it.

gatordev
18 September 2015, 17:19
I haven't done a F2S course, and the range you did that at is another hour or so past this one, so not too far away for a class. My single-biggest issue with a 7.62 carbine class is that I don't own a 7.62 carbine, just an ECR (which I've run through a PR1 class). It's been a couple of years, so I really need to take a straight-stick carbine class again to keep up the skill-set, even with my fairly regular practice drills. D4's will be a scoped-rifle class, but I think with a 1-6, I'll still get some carbine benefit out of it, along with some non-standard distance shooting, which I enjoy because it's a challenge to settle everything down and get hits.

Regardless, thanks the feedback. Hopefully, at the very least, I can get a time to show up. Even that hasn't been disclosed. Adapt and overcome, I guess.

voodoo_man
18 September 2015, 17:30
I haven't done a F2S course, and the range you did that at is another hour or so past this one, so not too far away for a class. My single-biggest issue with a 7.62 carbine class is that I don't own a 7.62 carbine, just an ECR (which I've run through a PR1 class). It's been a couple of years, so I really need to take a straight-stick carbine class again to keep up the skill-set, even with my fairly regular practice drills. D4's will be a scoped-rifle class, but I think with a 1-6, I'll still get some carbine benefit out of it, along with some non-standard distance shooting, which I enjoy because it's a challenge to settle everything down and get hits.

Regardless, thanks the feedback. Hopefully, at the very least, I can get a time to show up. Even that hasn't been disclosed. Adapt and overcome, I guess.

Well, just to give you some info just in case you missed it in the review.

I don't own a 762 semiauto gun. I borrowed F2S's ECC for the class and only thing I provided was an SR8c to use for the class.

At the time I took the class I had just bolt-action experience with 762, I shot a few distance classes with a borrow gun and glass, nothing too serious.

F2S really does a great job at explaining everything about a 762 rifle and then some. He explains what accuracy really means and while you can run the class with a 556 gun, it'll be pretty difficult to do after 600.

Either way, something to definitely consider.

gatordev
19 September 2015, 06:20
Oh, definitely. Didn't mean to sound like I was discounting it. Talking with Neil at a recent SPR match, he seemed to enjoy it, as well.

I have a full-up ready to go Mega lower that just needs a 7.62 upper. I used the lower when I was living in CA so I could legally shoot my SR-25. Now it sits waiting in the safe, but with a glut of other ARs right now, a new upper isn't a priority, especially one that slings dollar bills down range with every trigger pull. I'm sure that will change eventually. Taking a class that hooks you up with a solid rifle, and a KAC one, at that, is a definite plus.

n4p226r
10 January 2016, 00:13
who were the other 4?
He is a no BS good guy and top notch instructor. Easily in my top 5 instructors I've ever taken classes with and shot with. Highly recommend taking a notepad and pen with you to take notes, a lot of stuff he puts out are nuggets that may take time to sink in.

Also, since you are in FL, have you taken any courses with F2S ? He does an awesome dual purpose carbine course (762), I will highly recommend it.

voodoo_man
10 January 2016, 06:16
who were the other 4?

f2s, tom kier (sayoc tactical group), bill rapier (ameritac), and one I can't post.

n4p226r
10 January 2016, 14:06
thanks. im glad i asked,. i havent heard of them so its always nice to have new options to check out.