PDA

View Full Version : A small Christmas giveaway from me

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 03:04
Dan O'Leary - the owner of Gunstruction sent me a package with some extras in it to give away. So, that's what I'm going to do with these extras. He also sent me a Raptor charging handle with the Gunstrucion logo laser engraved - that's now on my pistol though [:)] His business card he sent me had a nice note on it. "Thanks for your patience and support - Dan- Raptor #30 of 30"
That's really neat.

However, I have a couple of Gunstruction Strike Industries UDC polymer dust covers to give away and these are really neat. They don't use a C-clip. They have a compressible rod instead. Nifty idea.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/whsmith4th/P1010066_zps41030ee6.jpg

So, the first 2 people who post in this thread that they need a dust cover will get one from me as a Christmas present. Pretty simple giveaway [:)]

I'll send one each to the first 2 folks who let me know they need one.

Merry Christmas!
-Will-

ddearmon2010
18 December 2014, 03:10
that's awesome, I'll pass though I know there are others more needy than I!!

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 03:11
that's awesome, I'll pass though I know there are others more needy than I!!

If you need a dust cover for a stripped upper one is yours [:)]

GOST
18 December 2014, 03:26
I don't need any dust covers, but still pretty cool Will.

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 03:48
I don't need any dust covers, but still pretty cool Will.

Some good guys helped me with my pistol build Gost. I'm happy to have something to share and give back to the community. The compressible rod on these dust covers is really a cool idea. No messing around with a C-clip. [:)] ... I think they got the idea from the wrist strap pin on a watch.

GOST
18 December 2014, 03:56
That is a good idea. If it's compatible they should sell just the rod for those who would like to use it with a regular dust cover.

din
18 December 2014, 04:07
I don't need one either, but you kick ass. Thanks for giving back.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 December 2014, 04:09
I actually do need a dust cover for my Spartan build that would be perfect!!!

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 04:14
I actually do need a dust cover for my Spartan build that would be perfect!!!

PM me your address - one is yours! Merry Christmas! [:)]

Dstrbdmedic167
18 December 2014, 04:15
PM me your address - one is yours! Merry Christmas! [:)]

Awesome sauce!! Thanks bud

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 04:21
Awesome sauce!! Thanks bud

You are welcome. I had a couple to share so that is what I'm doing. So, now there is one more Christmas present left [:D] It will be in the mail to you this week.

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 04:25
That is a good idea. If it's compatible they should sell just the rod for those who would like to use it with a regular dust cover.

I haven't checked Strike Industries site for parts. It is possible that they sell only the rods. I think though that it's more likely they only come with the UDC (Ultimate Dust Cover) dust covers. I don't think the rods are compatible with a standard dust cover though. The dust covers have a tiny set screw installed in them.

CK 187
18 December 2014, 08:30
Aww man, did i miss out? I do need a cover

Thompson
18 December 2014, 08:45
From what it looks like, he still has one left.

Would love one - but I'm looking to get some engraving for my 300 BLK build - something special [:D]

CK 187
18 December 2014, 08:51
From what it looks like, he still has one left.

Would love one - but I'm looking to get some engraving for my 300 BLK build - something special [:D]

Yessssssssssssss.......

Ride4frnt
18 December 2014, 08:58
Yeah, I'm gonna need to be buying one for my SBR build.

nCarnage
18 December 2014, 09:07
Thats cool. Dont have an upper to put one on but will bump the thread up for you.

CK 187
18 December 2014, 09:08
It is way cool. Nice community where people pay it forward like that

camomike
18 December 2014, 11:28
Good on you, Will

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 11:44

You get the 2nd one. Congratulations and Merry Christmas! Just PM me your address to send it to [:)]

DutyUse
18 December 2014, 12:10
For he's a jolly good fellow!

CK 187
18 December 2014, 12:28
You get the 2nd one. Congratulations and Merry Christmas! Just PM me your address to send it to [:)]

Alright!!!

Thank you again

RobSWVA
18 December 2014, 22:08
congrats guys, sweet dust covers ya'll are gettin; and I as well like the pin design on those. having a pin setup like that would have let me not have to order 5 more c clips due to the original one going PIIING and losing itself in the carpet, lol

WHSmithIV
18 December 2014, 23:01
It was nice of Dan to send me the extras to give away. I figured the best place to give them away was right here in WEVO [:)]
They'll be in the mail tomorrow or Saturday.

GOST
19 December 2014, 02:16
Cool of you Will to spread the wealth with your WEVO brothers.

WHSmithIV
19 December 2014, 03:19
Cool of you Will to spread the wealth with your WEVO brothers.

GOST, guys here in this forum opened their hearts to me and sent me a lot to help me building my AR pistol - I'm working on making the last $250 to finish it. I need to buy 4 parts. Some extra stuff they sent me, I sent to another forum member who needed them. When Dan sent me the extra dust covers along with the rest of the swag for my rifle that will eventually get here that I won, well, I just wanted to share it forward. A really neat T-shirt I gave to a lady at the local co-op. On the front is a neat design on the history of tax stamps. On the back it says "Real men collect stamps".

She loved it. We are all gun people here in Idaho [:)] Granted there are a few liberal retards but there are so few of them that they can't do anything.

The biggest surprise in that box was the Raptor charging handle. AXTS made 30 or them for Gunstruction as a gift with the Gunstruction logos on them. Dan sent me the last one #30 of 30 as an extra gift. I now see why those Raptor charging handles cost what they cost. I put it on the pistol build - I can cycle the action even though I don't have the barrel yet.

Some of the real nice stickers my wife is sending to the 12 year old son of a friend of hers in Facebook. All good pro 2nd Amendment stickers.

Gunstruction also sent me all the extra parts. Trigger pins, trigger springs, a standard end plate and a complete forward assist. Also, Jim sent me complete springs for a lower. So, if someone needs a spring, they just need to let me know. 'sticking one in the mail is only a 45 cent postage stamp.

As you must know, BDL Custom had the fire and Mike lost his shop. Gunstruction had my rifle packed to send to Mike. Fortunately that very expensive rifle was not in his fire. So, instead, it's gone off to CIV Tactical for receiver accurizing and blueprinting. Dan has bought a gift certificate from Mike and is sending it to me. I will send my rifle to Mike when he's back up and running and is able to be back in normal business. I'm patient, I know it will all be good. In the meantime, I'll get to test my rifle [:)] I've never had or even fired a piston driven rifle before so this will be interesting.

toolboxluis00200
19 December 2014, 05:25
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/ULEegzZ_zpsr0a2aozk.gif (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/ULEegzZ_zpsr0a2aozk.gif.html)

WHSmithIV
19 December 2014, 08:37
Yes you did Luis. I had two very neat dust covers to give away. The first two folks who posted that they needed one and would like one have them coming to them compliments of Gunstruction and me [:)]

CK 187
19 December 2014, 08:57
The first two folks who posted that they needed one and would like one have them coming to them compliments of Gunstruction and me [:)]

http://screencrush.com/files/2013/03/thumb-fiction-630x354.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
19 December 2014, 09:20
Sweet!!

toolboxluis00200
19 December 2014, 09:43
it's all good.

Pyzik
19 December 2014, 10:41
WHSmithIV, very cool man!

CK 187
26 December 2014, 14:56
Got it in the mail and it is awesome. Motivation to kick the pistol build into high gear

WHSmithIV
26 December 2014, 15:18
Got it in the mail and it is awesome. Motivation to kick the pistol build into high gear

Glad it got there OK [:)]
They are neat dust covers.

KW900A
26 December 2014, 17:54
You rock, thanks for sharing the love

WHSmithIV
26 December 2014, 20:51
You're welcome - I had a couple extras to give away so, that's what I did [:)]