PDA

View Full Version : My local law agency posted this a few weeks ago.

camomike
21 December 2014, 10:53
I'm going to preface this by saying to the LEO's on this board; I'm truly sorry for the loss of two of your brothers on the East coast. I'm profoundly grateful that you few stand as an edge between the free form chaos that could run rampant in this country. Thank you for all that you do.

This video was uploaded recently by someone who is a local LEO to me. It's worth a look, especially with all the recent turmoil. It's sometimes easy for us civilians to forget the dangers you folks agree to tackle head on every day you strap on that duty belt. This was my morning gut check.

Thank you folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgprYmUncwo

voodoo_man
21 December 2014, 11:47
Saw it posted elsewhere.

The loss of LEO lives is always difficult to accept, those of us who have been there to pay our respects know the difficulty the job really brings.

We have to be on the same page and come together as a community with like minded goals.

Computalotapus
21 December 2014, 12:17
Very good video.

This past week I went to a funeral and held it together till they placed the flag over the coffin. Not really knowing the person it shouldn't have bothered me but when that flag came out it was a brother. A brother in arms that only another brother can understand. I imagine it is the same in the LEO world. Its a commitment, an oath, a life that only another who does the same thing really understands.

Eric
21 December 2014, 12:37
Very good video.

This past week I went to a funeral and held it together till they placed the flag over the coffin. Not really knowing the person it shouldn't have bothered me but when that flag came out it was a brother. A brother in arms that only another brother can understand. I imagine it is the same in the LEO world. Its a commitment, an oath, a life that only another who does the same thing really understands. The bagpipes and unanswered radio call really get me. Unfortunately, I've been to several of these.

voodoo_man
21 December 2014, 16:25
The bagpipes and unanswered radio call really get me. Unfortunately, I've been to several of these.

I was working one day in may 2008, bank robbery came out and one of the guys who worked where I currently worked was the first responding SGT. Once we heard he was following the vehicle we all switched over to that channel (different area, different channel).

I remember him saying over radio where they were heading that they were slowing down....they couldn't raise him after that. Then an "officer down" call came out, multiple calls.

I've never driven so fast in my life.

That was a funeral I rather forget.

Soisauss
21 December 2014, 16:36
It's a sad time for the world. Much respect and honor for the wearer of blue and black. You guys go through shit and take challenges on a whim whereas the majority would think twice and possibly even back out of.

Thompson
21 December 2014, 17:57
Although I'm not LEO, I have several friends that are LEO + one friend working on becoming a LEO. I have a metric ton of respect for you all and what you guys have to put up with on a daily basis - especially in this day and age ...

Honestly I hate my generation (the majority of them for that matter) - especially for all their cries of "police brutality" asshatery. The sad part is, those people that they shit on are the same ones they will be calling for the boys in Blue when SHTF. That's just effed up. I just cannot wait until they all grow up (if that ever happens ...)

And although I'll be standing on the MIL side of the line in a few short years, I still consider you my Brothers and Sisters.

Stay safe out there.

Former11B
21 December 2014, 18:16
As someone who has also sworn an Oath to the Constituition, as a Liberty minded individual I hope I don't come off sounding anti-Police. I am highly appreciative of law enforcement but I also feel it is necessary for the voice of the people to be heard (not in street riots, but a town hall setting or letters/phone calls to officials FYI) when the police are obligated to enforce laws enacted by politicians that go against things I believe in (2A vs gun control laws etc) I get concerned with how law enforcement is utilized.

I'm not anti government, I just want to see a different limited government. I'm not anti police, I just want to see a different, community based police that isn't militarized out of necessity (some are, some aren't). Nothing is personal against individual police officers, but the overall situation of the nation and the police charged with enforcing the laws is just worrisome for someone like me, especially when we have politicians that try to pass laws that limit liberty, and police, regardless of beliefs, are tasked with enforcement of these laws...stuck between a rock and a hard place. Granted this may be a minority of police who support gun control and such, but it is a dangerously loud spoken minority with a lot of pull.

I hope I haven't lost the respect of any officers on here, because I know how hard of a job you've got. In Iraq I remember worrying if we shot someone and couldn't retrieve a weapon or something, would we be punished for doing our jobs? Not a good feeling when you aren't sure if you have the full faith and support of those who send you into harms way. I have been to the funerals and folded several flags, and missed even more funerals when the fallen were laid to rest and we were still at war. I don't wish it on anyone but I don't know how to "fix it".

nCarnage
21 December 2014, 18:17
I've only been to one funeral for my dept. It was really nice. I never want to wear my class A's again.

DutyUse
21 December 2014, 19:28
Wow that really puts it into perspective. I'm waiting for a peace officer position to open up in my Department, and that video really hit home. There are some complete scum on this earth

WHSmithIV
21 December 2014, 19:31
More bad news guys. Another LEO was shot in Florida today .............

browcs
21 December 2014, 19:44
More bad news guys. Another LEO was shot in Florida today .............

A friend of mine, a reserve sheriff's deputy, had just met with that officer moments before he was shot and killed. My friend texted me he felt more angry for not being in a position to assist before the shooting than guilty....but he did feel that as well.