PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2014. What did you get?

Ride4frnt
24 December 2014, 19:26
Alright, been waiting all day, and can't wait any longer. I need to see the goodies you all got.

I only exchanged gifts with my girlfriend so far, so not much in the line of gun related, but some things I've been wanting.

Agilite Tactical softshell, away Richard Sherman Seahawks jersey and fleece beanie, Cards Against Humanity and CAH expansion 1, and I finally got my hands on a MS Clean Kit. Tomorrow my brother and I exchange, and that's when the gun goodies come.

May you all have a Merry Christmas with your families, and most of all Merry Christmas to those fighting for us overseas who are unable to come home!

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/xmas2014_zpscdf0878b.jpg

Ride4frnt
24 December 2014, 19:33
Oh, forgot, as a gift to myself I bought a NFA trust on Black Friday, and I finally got it notarized today. Form 1 ASAP.

Computalotapus
24 December 2014, 19:37
Well Ride4frnt teamed up with Dstrbmedic to make me and the wife some awesome shirts. Then Ride kicked in and upped the stakes tossed in a couple pair of WilleyX's sunglasses.
http://www.computalotapus.com/images/kylegoods.jpg

For Christmas Eve we always open one gift. Wife gave me a TLR-4 light for the Glock

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/glocktlr4.jpg

FortTom
24 December 2014, 19:41
I have some Wiley X shooting glasses, and absolutely love them. Good haul guys. I won't see my stuff until XMAS morning, but I seriously doubt I'll get any gun stuff, but probably will get a gift certificate from Field and Stream. Do need a new scope. We'll see.

But, from Santa WEVO/Fisher House, I got a new parallax 15 in. KMR from WEVO, and from the Fisher House Raffle I got a ultra cool Dead Moose Ops "Breacher" knife, A 5 CD Volume set of Rob Pincus training video's and a book by Rob Pincus So I scored pretty damned well IMO[:D]

UWone77
24 December 2014, 19:45
Not really a Christmas Present, but this did follow me home:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2667_zps8af6398c.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2667_zps8af6398c.jpg.html)

KW900A
24 December 2014, 19:45
Cards against humanity is so wrong. I love it!

FortTom
24 December 2014, 19:50
I think that MEGA upper/lower got mixed up, UW, it was supposed to have followed me home. No problem, I'll send you the correct address....

KW900A
24 December 2014, 20:04
I should be getting to open my M&P 22 tomorrow, assuming my wife remembers to give it to me

toolboxluis00200
24 December 2014, 20:26
$25 from my mom
$15 from aunt
$5 from another aunt
total of $45 not bad not bad at all

KevinBLC
24 December 2014, 20:28
$25 from my mom
$15 from aunt
$5 from another aunt

This reminds me of a dude I know that still gets $1 for every year on his birthday. He finally got to $50 bucks... LOL

JHoward
24 December 2014, 22:04
I got myself an ALG SCB, and an H3 buffer. Yeah, I'm a cheap date...

WHSmithIV
24 December 2014, 22:20
Nothing

DutyUse
25 December 2014, 01:07
For Christmas I surprised my wife with a matching tattoo. She'd wanted me to match her's for awhile but I'm not really an "ink" guy. Figured after 3 years it was time to show her I'm in it for the long haul...

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/infinity_zpsf15f72e2.jpg

Infinity symbol beside our wedding rings

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 01:59
I got myself an ALG SCB, and an H3 buffer. Yeah, I'm a cheap date...

I know that boy of yours is spoiled though, as he should.

mustangfreek
25 December 2014, 02:50
Alright, been waiting all day, and can't wait any longer. I need to see the goodies you all got.

I only exchanged gifts with my girlfriend so far, so not much in the line of gun related, but some things I've been wanting.

Agilite Tactical softshell, away Richard Sherman Seahawks jersey and fleece beanie, Cards Against Humanity and CAH expansion 1, and I finally got my hands on a MS Clean Kit. Tomorrow my brother and I exchange, and that's when the gun goodies come.

May you all have a Merry Christmas with your families, and most of all Merry Christmas to those fighting for us overseas who are unable to come home!

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/xmas2014_zpscdf0878b.jpg

Nice haul and like the gear there....Go hawks..!!

Well Ride4frnt teamed up with Dstrbmedic to make me and the wife some awesome shirts. Then Ride kicked in and upped the stakes tossed in a couple pair of WilleyX's sunglasses.
http://www.computalotapus.com/images/kylegoods.jpg

For Christmas Eve we always open one gift. Wife gave me a TLR-4 light for the Glock

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/glocktlr4.jpg

Nice job ride and dist. cool of you guys...Good on you guys, awesome to see, and kinda makes me wish i had friends like that..lol.....well shouldnt say that, got a certain friend that has helped me out a lot...he knows who he is and thanks buddy.

Not really a Christmas Present, but this did follow me home:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2667_zps8af6398c.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2667_zps8af6398c.jpg.html)

A x-mas present to yourself is a good thing..., and nice choice..i like that set..

$25 from my mom
$15 from aunt
$5 from another aunt

I still have a granny that gives me $5 bux every year, been like that since i was born, all the grandkids get $5 bux for b-day and x-mas...lol..

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 04:05
This reminds me of a dude I know that still gets $1 for every year on his birthday. He finally got to $50 bucks... LOL

at list he finally got to 50

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 04:14
Well, lets see. My wife and i were given a turkey and two packages of hamburger from a locally slaughtered steer from one of my customers whose computer I fixed 3 months ago (and I don't charge a lot to fix a computer). Another of my customers brought a fresh baked apple pie when she and her husband came to pick up all their data I had saved from their dead computer and pay the $85 bill. The two elderly ladies who gave us our horse because they couldn't take care of him after the husband / dad died and they do come to visit us to see Patch - they brought us a tin of home made fudge in 5 flavors. That's what we received for Christmas. My wife did receive some rye bread and Finnish chocolates from a couple of her Facebook Finnish friends.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how to create $650 from thin air by early next week to keep the electricity, phones and internet on amongst 2 other problems. So, some small bright spots, but an overall disaster at the moment. My wife had 2 seizures ½ hour apart 2 nights ago. She's had them twice before over the last 3 years and she doesn't have epilepsy. I take care of those here at home now after the $7000 bill from the first time she had a seizure 3 years ago.

Christmas presents for each other? No way. No money. Nothing left to sell. So, not sure what I'm going to do. I'll figure out something though. Basically it's been a pretty bad year and the future isn't looking much brighter. In 10 years, we'll be fine. Retirement kicks in. Two years later, her retirement kicks in. Then we'll have 60 grand a year. 10 more years to go *sigh*

Definitely not much of a Christmas for us.

Ahh well, life will get better. It always does eventually when times are hard. Nobody can take this small house and land from us, that's for sure.

Computalotapus
25 December 2014, 07:23
Well Christmas Day is here and I hope all of you have a great day enjoying the time with family and friends. To continue this thread on these are the things I got this morning.

H&K VP9
NFA Trust ( the white binder that says Merry Christmas on it )
Dremel (a real dremel tool to replace the one I got from harbor freight)

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/christmas.jpg

JHoward
25 December 2014, 08:23
I know that boy of yours is spoiled though, as he should.
Yessir. He racked up pretty good this year!

CarbonScoring
25 December 2014, 08:25
Well Christmas Day is here and I hope all of you have a great day enjoying the time with family and friends. To continue this thread on these are the things I got this morning.

H&K VP9

So far, I think you won, Comp. Nice VP9.

alamo5000
25 December 2014, 08:48
Lets see here....

I got a brand new Pentax K3 DSLR with various accessories
A brand new Magpul M-Lok AFG foregrip
A new G-Shock watch
A new tie
Assorted gift cards
Some candy (chocolate)
A brand new AR15 custom built by me (it was an early Christmas present)
And a shoe box full of $100 dollar bills.

EDIT:
Oh and I got my dad a brand new Stihl 311 chainsaw, my sister a new bike, and my mom a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond and a really nice set of quilts, and my brother got some money and some gift cards (steaks on me). They love Texas Roadhouse.

Diazm50
25 December 2014, 09:02
Wife got me a set off Howard Leight earpro, can't wait to try them out when ever I'm done with my AR build

UWone77
25 December 2014, 09:27
VP9 is definitely on the list for 2015. Congrats Comp, let me know how that thing shoots!

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 10:02
Okay, the haul from my brother, and my parents.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/94941020-1A9F-4C4D-8C05-3BA04B51A589_zpsdnqapfyx.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/65C03C8D-F746-458D-82BD-B093D053554C_zpsdfy0b01h.jpg

And some alabama gear.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/C13C110E-7AAB-46EA-BF58-F9E3ABBFF9DA_zpsuuoubepn.jpg

To go along with the rest of all this, my brother got me a K2 grip for my SBR and the rest of the apex parts I needed for my M&P.

Sidebar: I promptly broke the sight adjustment tool on my multitasker when I opened it. Multitasker has already messaged me about sending me a replacement.

fairlanericky
25 December 2014, 10:29
A Froglube kit, PIG Alpha Touch gloves from SKD, an inexpensive Caldwell rifle/pistol rest, some music( Pretenders, Cheap Trick) a Lenovo tablet and bluetooth keyboard. Not a bad morning at all. Merry Christmas everyone.

Ric

DutyUse
25 December 2014, 11:04
Well, lets see. My wife and i were given a turkey and two packages of hamburger from a locally slaughtered steer from one of my customers whose computer I fixed 3 months ago (and I don't charge a lot to fix a computer). Another of my customers brought a fresh baked apple pie when she and her husband came to pick up all their data I had saved from their dead computer and pay the $85 bill. The two elderly ladies who gave us our horse because they couldn't take care of him after the husband / dad died and they do come to visit us to see Patch - they brought us a tin of home made fudge in 5 flavors. That's what we received for Christmas. My wife did receive some rye bread and Finnish chocolates from a couple of her Facebook Finnish friends.

Other than that, I'm trying to figure out how to create $650 from thin air by early next week to keep the electricity, phones and internet on amongst 2 other problems. So, some small bright spots, but an overall disaster at the moment. My wife had 2 seizures ½ hour apart 2 nights ago. She's had them twice before over the last 3 years and she doesn't have epilepsy. I take care of those here at home now after the $7000 bill from the first time she had a seizure 3 years ago.

Christmas presents for each other? No way. No money. Nothing left to sell. So, not sure what I'm going to do. I'll figure out something though. Basically it's been a pretty bad year and the future isn't looking much brighter. In 10 years, we'll be fine. Retirement kicks in. Two years later, her retirement kicks in. Then we'll have 60 grand a year. 10 more years to go *sigh*

Ahh well, life will get better. It always does eventually when times are hard. Nobody can take this small house and land from us, that's for sure.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife Will. I pray for much Health and Happiness in yawls future. Buuut...You can't said you didn't get any presents. If I remember correctly didn't you win a free rifle or two? So things are looking up, stay positive brother :D

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 11:12
Well, holy kit and kaboodle and anything else I can think of... 3 ft. of a snow drift behind our truck this Christmas Day. The blizzard started yesterday and I guess it may be winding down. Going out has the wind simply slicing through clothing. Hmmm. Must not have enough clothing on I guess. Perhaps I should put on a sweater instead of a t-shirt since the wind chill is at 30 below.

Time to go split some wood into smaller bits. Wood warms you 3 times - it warms you when you cut it, it warms you when you split it and it warms you when you burn it [:)]

SwissyJim
25 December 2014, 11:19
I got all I wanted this year - another Christmas with my old dog.

Everything else is relative... the wife and I buy what we want/need all year long and Christmas is usually another day of work for us (Firefighter & nurse)

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 11:28
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Will. I pray for much Health and Happiness in yawls future. Buuut...You can't said you didn't get any presents. If I remember correctly didn't you win a free rifle or two? So things are looking up, stay positive brother :D

DutyUse, the winnings are meaningless to me if my wife is suffering. She is my wife. anything I own are just 'things' and can be replaced. I cant replace Kati though. She is unique. She had two seizures like epileptic seizures 2 nights ago a half hour apart. She has only had them twice before and she's not epileptic. That was tested 3 years ago when she had the first one with a MRI.

I just deal with it now myself. Believe me, your wife having an uncontrollable seizure that takes over her whole body is a bit scary. She doesn't even know what happened. All I do is get to her quick, hold her close and help her let it pass. None of them have lasted more than 3 minutes but it is a LOOOOONG 3 minutes to me.

Medically, I know why they happen. Part of the reason they happen is because she has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. That is a condition that simply restricts blood flow through the shoulders and neck to the brain. Surgery is iffy at best. It basically is a condition she just needs to live with. I love her, she is my wife and I do my best to take care of her. That is what a husband does.

Who would like to buy the Voodoo Piston Rifle after I test it? I'll sell it for $2500 shipped to your FFL along with the BDL custom gift certificate for a custom paint job. I need the money. My wife is far more important to me than a rifle. I have other guns. I'll make do with them.

DutyUse
25 December 2014, 11:38
DutyUse, the winnings are meaningless to me if my wife is suffering. She is my wife. anything I own are just 'things' and can be replaced. I cant replace Kati though. She is unique. She had two seizures like epileptic seizures 2 nights ago a half hour apart. She has only had them twice before and she's not epileptic. That was tested 3 years ago when she had the first one with a MRI.

I just deal with it now myself. Believe me, your wife having an uncontrollable seizure that takes over her whole body is a bit scary. She doesn't even know what happened. All I do is get to her quick, hold her close and help her let it pass. None of them have lasted more than 3 minutes but it is a LOOOOONG 3 minutes to me.

Medically, I know why they happen. Part of the reason they happen is because she has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. That is a condition that simply restricts blood flow through the shoulders and neck to the brain. Surgery is iffy at best. It basically is a condition she just needs to live with. I love her, she is my wife and I do my best to take care of her. That is what a husband does.

Who would like to buy the Voodoo Piston Rifle after I test it? I'll sell it for $2500 shipped to your FFL along with the BDL custom gift certificate for a custom paint job. I need the money. My wife is far more important to me than a rifle. I have other guns. I'll make do with them.

I understand completely. It's taken me so long to get a project done because like you said family comes first, especially ones wife. I'll be praying for her good health. My dad went through a long bout with cancer before he died so I understand how painful serious illnesses like that can be.

Btw I didn't mean your free rifle win as A jab. I just meant at least it's money coming in for medical bills and such. Glass half full perspective :D

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 11:43
Here is what happened over the last 15 hours outside

Now to dig it all out so we can go have a dinner with the elderly ladies who gave us our horse and invited us to dinner today because they are alone also.

All the white stuff did make it a wee bit difficult to get to our horse with some food.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/whsmith4th/P1010073_zps942eb2e4.jpg

UWone77
25 December 2014, 11:46
This is why I don't consider ID God's Country.... [:D]

Gaspipeshooter
25 December 2014, 12:16
Brownell's gift certificate from the outlaw family gift exchange last night. Christmas with the wife this morning and she got me a GAMO Silent Stalker air rifle with a 3-9 scope, and a pair of Nikon binoculars I've been lusting after, along with some new clothes. Air rifle is already sighted in...[:D] Still to come: my wife's father's house for dinner and his gift to us, (card filled with anywhere from 15-20 portraits of Benjamin Franklin). Tomorrow is Christmas with my parents and kids, and I'm already worn out!

Merry Christmas fellow WEVO forum members!

akersc
25 December 2014, 12:22
For Christmas I received my infinity holsters t shirt and Wiley x glasses from Kyle 😊 the hubby bought me this really cool light box and paid for 4 photography classes so I can learn to use all of my stuff! The kiddo gave me a gift card to VS (Merry Christmas to Comp on that 😉) and the ammo is from my secret Santa at work. I love and appreciate each and every gift I have received. The best gift ever though is being able to spend time with my family, no place to go, nothing to do but just chill out and enjoy some down time.

Merry Christmas everyone! http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/0aa1537c6c297eb06ecf12eb4e792fb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camomike
25 December 2014, 13:04
I was gifted a dewalt 20v sawsall and bladeset for my 20v kit by my father. My wife got me a set of the larger batteries for the same kit as well as a dewalt wheeled tool box. My family secret Santa got me a box of .45 +P, Hoppe's 9/patches. Santa(AKA my father) gave me a J. Dewey deluxe rod and chamber kit.

It was a great Night. My dad was almost in tears when I gave him the .308 set. He really wasn't expecting anything like that. Was great I was able to surprise him. I was very happy to spend it surrounded by family.

UWone77
25 December 2014, 13:16
I was gifted a dewalt 20v sawsall and bladeset for my 20v kit by my father. My wife got me a set of the larger batteries for the same kit as well as a dewalt wheeled tool box. My family secret Santa got me a box of .45 +P, Hoppe's 9/patches. Santa(AKA my father) gave me a J. Dewey deluxe rod and chamber kit.

It was a great Night. My dad was almost in tears when I gave him the .308 set. He really wasn't expecting anything like that. Was great I was able to surprise him. I was very happy to spend it surrounded by family.

Awesome to hear that your dad appreciated that .308 Set. Well Done

Computalotapus
25 December 2014, 13:35

Awesome. Between you and Ride giving your dads a rifle and hearing how much they appreciate them is awesome.

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 13:56
I forgot about my dads rifle. My brother gave my dad his new MIAD and AFG grips, and bad lever, and dad said "guess I have to buy another gun" then I handed him his rifle and I think he almost cried. He loved it.

I got my trust notarized as a gift to myself yesterday, and I got the cash I needed for my tax stamp today. Form 1 next week.

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 14:25
This is why I don't consider ID God's Country.... [:D]

Ahhh UWone, but it truly is!!!!! Snow and all [:)]

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 14:28
I forgot about my dads rifle. My brother gave my dad his new MIAD and AFG grips, and bad lever, and dad said "guess I have to buy another gun" then I handed him his rifle and I think he almost cried. He loved it.

I got my trust notarized as a gift to myself yesterday, and I got the cash I needed for my tax stamp today. Form 1 next week.

Good for you! You're lucky. In all likelihood I'll never get to see my Dad again before he dies.

Computalotapus
25 December 2014, 15:10
Holy doom and gloom Batman
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

cagekicker204
25 December 2014, 15:44
The wife gave me a little gift certificate she made for a noveske 300 blackout barrel, must have checked my browser history. Now I gotta figure out what length.

FortTom
25 December 2014, 16:14

[pop]

FT

FortTom
25 December 2014, 16:18
Bought my sister a gift certificate for beginner firearms safety, and concealed carry class required for her CCW permit. Also gave her an IOU for an intermediate handgun class to be redeemed after she attends a number of practice sessions at the range.

FT

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 16:25

[pop]

FT
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/SanFrancisco__/deertatofeeds.gif (http://s646.photobucket.com/user/SanFrancisco__/media/deertatofeeds.gif.html)

akersc
25 December 2014, 16:27
Good for you! You're lucky. In all likelihood I'll never get to see my Dad again before he dies.

I think maybe next Christmas you should hibernate..... #DebbyDowner

voodoo_man
25 December 2014, 16:31
What did I get?

Several domestic incidents, two burglaries and a robbery of a corner store deli, that's all before midday. Then I got to deal with a guy who died of an OD and was found by his parents after which I had to arrest a woman and take her little boy to DHS because she didn't have anyone to pick him up.

On the bright side I only have tomorrow off and then I get to go up to NYC for a funeral.

Is it next year yet?

akersc
25 December 2014, 16:32
What did I get?

Several domestic incidents, two burglaries and a robbery of a corner store deli, that's all before midday. Then I got to deal with a guy who died of an OD and was found by his parents after which I had to arrest a woman and take her little boy to DHS because she didn't have anyone to pick him up.

On the bright side I only have tomorrow off and then I get to go up to NYC for a funeral.

Is it next year yet?

I think you need a drink and a hug!

Dstrbdmedic167
25 December 2014, 16:39
Aside from the awesome infinity holsters that I received. I got an awesome Boker anti-MC. The ceramic blade is awesome. I took the pic and had the reflection of the light to see just how mirrored it is. By far one of the best blades I've reviewed. Also got some awesome New Balance kicks. Crappy phone pics...

PS: my daughter received her first rifle today from Santa. A mossberg Plinkster 22lr. She was super excited!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/ae1c554619755ad3712e9eb8babd40e9.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/e72b7d0362520e561d32259e5fc137b4.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/8bcfc2e9c83e491e7c1bac8e17cd69ac.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
25 December 2014, 16:47
What did I get?

Is it next year yet?

I'm taking a drink for you... I had a similar day last year when I worked so prayers my friend!

voodoo_man
25 December 2014, 16:47
I think you need a drink and a hug!

Already drank and I don't do hugs.

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 16:48
What did I get?

Is it next year yet?

holy cow man at list your home now

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 16:49
that .22lr looks nice

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 16:57
Final tally.

Agilite tactical soft shell. seahawks jersey, hat and t shirt. Alabama pull over and 2 t shirts. Vertx pants and shirt. Cards against humanity. Ms clean kit. Multitasker series 3 multi tool. Magpul k2 grip. Remaining apex parts I needed for my m&p. A few gift cards. $200 in cash for my tax stamp. And a ambi selector from damage industries, which is incredible for $12. Oh, and I forgot the set of AR tools.

ETA: also forgot that my girlfriends grandparents got me window visors for my truck, which to me is my big ticket item.

akersc
25 December 2014, 17:00
Already drank and I don't do hugs.

Ohh boy I'd hug your face so damn hard 😉

voodoo_man
25 December 2014, 17:15
Ohh boy I'd hug your face so damn hard 😉

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/266/158/d8b.png

akersc
25 December 2014, 17:16
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/266/158/d8b.png

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/b0544d9c8d5fa998ae31899cc55e1e86.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
25 December 2014, 17:18
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/d86a4ca31f5cff4c1a9c2c365645963e.jpg

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 17:49
In for hearing what UW got.

VIPER 237
25 December 2014, 18:05
I joined the VP9 club as well. My mom and wife went in on a owb with kydex/molle clips and iwb holster for it. Honestly I was more excited for my boy than anything today, he'll be 2 in March and seeing how excited he was for everything made my day.

Dstrbdmedic167
25 December 2014, 18:16
I joined the VP9 club as well. My mom and wife went in on a owb with kydex/molle clips and iwb holster for it. Honestly I was more excited for my boy than anything today, he'll be 2 in March and seeing how excited he was for everything made my day.

Agree to the kids excitement. My twin 2yr olds got mini indoor trampolines and they jumped and jumped and squealed every chance they had while we were home.

Also curious as to UW?!!

Former11B
25 December 2014, 18:20
I bought another back surgery for myself on January 5th, a ton of reloading supplies and some more silver, for my wife I bought a trip to Paris in April (with the caveat that we have to go to Normandy/Omaha beach and some memorials) and a nice camera for her to use, and play things and books for my 7 month old, and a couple more silver ounces for his growing collection. He's getting a .22 next year dammit

I am hoping the back feels better by the trip, since I told them if they can't find anything wrong in addition to what they're doing, to burn all the local nerves so I just can't feel it anymore.

My dad put together a two day hunting trip for himself, me, and my two brothers, and we head out in the morning. I'm currently packing and have rifles, suppressors, camo, and ammo strewn all over the place

Oh yeah, I bought my doberman an invincible black Kong chew toy. It was in pieces in five minutes. He needs a solid forklift tire to play with

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 18:21
i wonder what stickman and UW got other one another lol the Bromance is strong on dose two hahahaah lol

Computalotapus
25 December 2014, 18:24
I bought another back surgery for myself on January 5th, a ton of reloading supplies and some more silver, for my wife I bought a trip to Paris in April (with the caveat that we have to go to Normandy/Omaha beach and some memorials) and a nice camera for her to use, and play things and books for my 7 month old, and a couple more silver ounces for his growing collection. He's getting a .22 next year dammit

I am hoping the back feels better by the trip, since I told them if they can't find anything wrong in addition to what they're doing, to burn all the local nerves so I just can't feel it anymore.

My dad put together a two day hunting trip for himself, me, and my two brothers, and we head out in the morning. I'm currently packing and have rifles, suppressors, camo, and ammo strewn all over the place

We expect pictures of the hunting trip, the trip to Paris, and when the boy gets a .22... no pics of the back surgery please

Former11B
25 December 2014, 18:27
We expect pictures of the hunting trip, the trip to Paris, and when the boy gets a .22... no pics of the back surgery please

Deal.

Here's a pic from my first big one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/image_zps2a657817.jpg

Wait you said no pics ;)

Aside from the whole needing a spine transplant (that's what it feels like anyway), the Army did a lot for me in my ten short years. Without sounding like bragging, I have been very fortunate

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 18:31
Deal.

Wait you said no pics ;)

ouch dude what happen ??

six8
25 December 2014, 18:32
What did I get?

Is it next year yet?

Damn man, just chugged a beer in your honor. I'll have a few more for the other LEO's on here. Thanks for all you do!

mustangfreek
25 December 2014, 18:36
Sounds like a hell of a day at work voodoo...Glad your good and hopefully off work enjoying some R&R, either kind..lol..

Sounds like you did allright, and well done on what you did for your old man...

You also, well done, on giving up your winnings to your father, sounds liek both of them appreciated more then words could describe, awesome..

I feel what your saying..I Didnt see any of mine today, besides my 2 boys and their mom/ my GF..Im in your same shoes with my dad/family/brother.., they havent contacted me for anything...anyways...debbie downer...maybe..but when its family and stupid shit keeps you apart, days like today is hard for people. i sat home all day by myself with the dog, hooking up the kids electronics and what not...Humbling to say the least

Deal.

Wait you said no pics ;)

Ouch...

FortTom
25 December 2014, 18:52
Almost forgot, got an ACU jock, will be modeling and posting pics soon.

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 18:59

Oh god I hope this is so.

ddearmon2010
25 December 2014, 18:59
drunk..... slippers..... chocolate! and watched my kids make out like little bandits!!!! tax time should be a holiday with big sales too......

WHSmithIV
25 December 2014, 19:06
Deal.

Wait you said no pics ;)

Aside from the whole needing a spine transplant (that's what it feels like anyway), the Army did a lot for me in my ten short years. Without sounding like bragging, I have been very fortunate

You're seriously screwed Former 11B if you try to fly anywhere. TSA will be strip searching you to find out why you set off the metal detectors!

mustangfreek
25 December 2014, 19:06

NO FT....[crazy]

...Lol...

GaSwamper
25 December 2014, 19:17
Turned out to be a pretty good day for the gun stuff! Fresh 12 pack of surefire batteries, Apex carry kit for the M&P, Magpul UBR, Lantac Dragon, and a Midway gift certificate. I'd say my peeps know me pretty well.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b623/gaswamper1/DSC01152_zpsecc6a0cb.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/gaswamper1/media/DSC01152_zpsecc6a0cb.jpg.html)

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 19:20
enjoy your Xmas guys you all got cool stuff
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/tree1of1-2_zps3763e407.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/tree1of1-2_zps3763e407.jpg.html)

FortTom
25 December 2014, 19:20
NO FT....[crazy]

...Lol...

Don't worry, MF, I'm wearing socks too....

Ride4frnt
25 December 2014, 19:23
enjoy your Xmas guys you all got cool stuff
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x151/toolboxluis/tree1of1-2_zps3763e407.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/toolboxluis/media/tree1of1-2_zps3763e407.jpg.html)

We may have gotten some things, but you have no idea how bad I've been lusting over those dahmer ornaments...

KW900A
25 December 2014, 19:35
Those things are sweet. Especially the magpul one stick posted yesterday

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 19:38
We may have gotten some things, but you have no idea how bad I've been lusting over those dahmer ornaments...

mine was stuck on the corner of the box i think it was sent by accident when i got my Ammo that i won on stickman Give a way

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 19:39

yeah he post like 4 different ones

KW900A
25 December 2014, 19:40
mine was stuck on the corner of the box i think it was sent by accident when i got my Ammo that i won on stickman Give a way

Ssshhhhh!!!

Now they know who has it!

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 19:46
Ssshhhhh!!!

Now they know who has it!

http://www.babyorbaba.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/baby-funny-gif-images-2.gif

KW900A
25 December 2014, 19:50
Hahaha

mustangfreek
25 December 2014, 19:51

I want one or some also..... too much fluffy , girly shit on my tree..lol

Don't worry, MF, I'm wearing socks too....

Oh man , now im getting a visual...STOPPPPPPP.!!!!....lol

Former11B
25 December 2014, 20:00
ouch dude what happen ??

Iraq happened. When I got hurt, my face seemed to be the only thing damaged (everywhere else was sore). Had surgery and was in ICU at 10th Combat Support Hospital in Baghdad (the army hospital featured on that TV show in like 2007ish) and another plastics reconstruction on it here in the States. By that time, I'd found out what formerly felt like a bruised back turned out to be a blown disc L5-S1, and has been my Achilles heel, even though I gutted it out another deployment and DS duty for a total of about six and a half extra years but by the time of my Med board, I was on back surgery three, and countless injections, tests, drugs, and pain.

You're seriously screwed Former 11B if you try to fly anywhere. TSA will be strip searching you to find out why you set off the metal detectors!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc34f56f6.jpg

Oh, I have a fancy pants "don't x-ray me, bro" ID card from a doc.

toolboxluis00200
25 December 2014, 20:05
Iraq happened. When I got hurt, my face seemed to be the only thing damaged (everywhere else was sore). Had surgery and was in ICU at 10th Combat Support Hospital in Baghdad (the army hospital featured on that TV show in like 2007ish) and another plastics reconstruction on it here in the States. By that time, I'd found out what formerly felt like a bruised back turned out to be a blown disc L5-S1, and has been my Achilles heel, even though I gutted it out another deployment and DS duty for a total of about six and a half extra years but by the time of my Med board, I was on back surgery three, and countless injections, tests, drugs, and pain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/DownSouthTAS/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc34f56f6.jpg

Oh, I have a fancy pants "don't x-ray me, bro" ID card from a doc.

glad your doing good just think this way it it mite have bin worst

Former11B
25 December 2014, 20:19
glad your doing good just think this way it it mite have bin worst

For years I'd wished it had been. Fortunate for a number of reasons I didn't turn myself into a statistic. Got a wife and a little boy and a lot to do before I check out, no matter how much it hurts. My back isn't anywhere close to good but things are looking up as far as medical possibilities. I don't begrudge anyone who takes their own life; I used to, but it wasn't til I stared such a problem in the face til I understood.

Sorry I derailed this thread. If you have anymore questions, and I don't mind talking about anything, please PM me.

din
25 December 2014, 21:23
For years I'd wished it had been. Fortunate for a number of reasons I didn't turn myself into a statistic. Got a wife and a little boy and a lot to do before I check out, no matter how much it hurts. My back isn't anywhere close to good but things are looking up as far as medical possibilities. I don't begrudge anyone who takes their own life; I used to, but it wasn't til I stared such a problem in the face til I understood.

Sorry I derailed this thread. If you have anymore questions, and I don't mind talking about anything, please PM me.

Saul Goodman. I don't think anybody minds, and if they do, fuck 'em. I think I can speak for most of us when I say thanks for sticking around.

KW900A
25 December 2014, 21:33
Saul Goodman. I don't think anybody minds, and if they do, fuck 'em. I think I can speak for most of us when I say thanks for sticking around.

10/4 glad you're still here

din
25 December 2014, 21:54
The wife gave me a little gift certificate she made for a noveske 300 blackout barrel, must have checked my browser history. Now I gotta figure out what length.

10.5".

DutyUse
26 December 2014, 00:01
Aside from the awesome infinity holsters that I received. I got an awesome Boker anti-MC. The ceramic blade is awesome. I took the pic and had the reflection of the light to see just how mirrored it is. By far one of the best blades I've reviewed. Also got some awesome New Balance kicks. Crappy phone pics...

PS: my daughter received her first rifle today from Santa. A mossberg Plinkster 22lr. She was super excited!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/ae1c554619755ad3712e9eb8babd40e9.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/e72b7d0362520e561d32259e5fc137b4.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/25/8bcfc2e9c83e491e7c1bac8e17cd69ac.jpg

Love those Boker's! Nice score

DutyUse
26 December 2014, 00:05
Hmm lets see...
I got 3 Noveske tshirts.
A north face jacket
I got the start to the 10.5 pistol for my wife.

And she got me the beginning to the 11.5 pistol.

Kids got more plastic crap then I could keep track of

CarbonScoring
26 December 2014, 02:44
HKids got more plastic crap then I could keep track of

In a couple weeks, it'll probably be more crap than they can keep track of, too.

DutyUse
26 December 2014, 02:46
Shit I forgot. I also got the Apex Flat trigger kit for the MP Fullsize and 10:8 pads.

Was gonna buy a gen 3 noveske lower to finish my Noveske build but none have any in stock that I'm aware of?

din
26 December 2014, 03:50
Shit I forgot. I also got the Apex Flat trigger kit for the MP Fullsize and 10:8 pads.

Was gonna buy a gen 3 noveske lower to finish my Noveske build but none have any in stock that I'm aware of?

Have you tried calling Noveske directly? Other than that all I can reckon is get on Rainier's notification list.

DutyUse
26 December 2014, 04:04
I will when and if they are open today

Computalotapus
26 December 2014, 05:02

Brother you are all good. I went down that same road once. I fear my brother is dealing with it now after his last deployment. I text him everyday and call him at least once a week.

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 06:41

Praying for you and your bride.

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 08:15
I was given $35 from two of my daughters to go towards the charging handle of an AR I want to build. It will be my only AR. I was wondering if I should spend an extra $10 towards the BCM Mod 4 charging handle or is the Mega Billet charging handle, for $31, at Rainier Arms just as good? I will probably buy either one from them.

UWone77
26 December 2014, 08:19
I was given $35 from two of my daughters to go towards the charging handle of an AR I want to build. It will be my only AR. I was wondering if I should spend an extra $10 towards the BCM Mod 4 charging handle or is the Mega Billet charging handle, for $31, at Rainier Arms just as good? I will probably buy either one from them.

If going with the BCM, I personally like the Mod 3, as the latch is bigger.

The Mega Billet CH is just a standard sized CH, but made from 7075.

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 08:45
Thank you. I will go check out the Mod 3.

toolboxluis00200
26 December 2014, 08:55

If going with the BCM, I personally like the Mod 3, as the latch is bigger.

The Mega Billet CH is just a standard sized CH, but made from 7075.

that is my favoret CH is a Mod 3

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 09:22

"Where there is two or more witnesses..." Thank you. Mod 3 is in the lead. :)

toolboxluis00200
26 December 2014, 09:32

"Where there is two or more witnesses..." Thank you. Mod 3 is in the lead. :)

yeah but i just order the Umbrella Corps Raptor CH lol

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 10:03
yeah but i just order the Umbrella Corps Raptor CH lol

That's probably a great one, but a bit above my budget. I'm a lefty but I think the mod three will work just fine for me. Congrats on getting a really nice charging handle and Merry Christmas.

toolboxluis00200
26 December 2014, 10:08
That's probably a great one, but a bit above my budget. I'm a lefty but I think the mod three will work just fine for me. Congrats on getting a really nice charging handle and Merry Christmas.

well sins your a lefty you mite want to look at this one insted
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Charging-Handle-GFH-Mod-44-AMBI-p/bcm-gfh-mod-a44-556ambi.htm

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 10:54
Personally I don't like the raptor. They look great and function great, I just don't find myself needing a ambi ch. Have BCM mod 4's on all mine, but the mod 3 is gtg as well

nonskid709
26 December 2014, 11:01
I bought the wife a couple of Under Armour hoodies, some Oregon Ducks swag, a couple pairs of earrings, PS4 games and a pair of Salomon boots. She got me a couple of Under Armour hoodies, RCS Moduloader frame, Peltor Tactical 100 ear pro, BCM Gunfighter stock, a Grip Stop Mod 1, and we both got each other Aimpoint PROs, funnily enough. We spent the day watching Christmas movies starting with the original "Miracle on 34th Street" and closing out Christmas day with a classic: Die Hard...

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 11:04
Merry Christmas to me. Form 1 efiled this morning.

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 11:05
Personally I don't like the raptor. They look great and function great, I just don't find myself needing a ambi ch. Have BCM mod 4's on all mine, but the mod 3 is gtg as well

And in my price range. :) Are you a lefty? A lefty once told me that he likes to just use a standard charging handle and turn his AR ejection port down to help clear malfunctions.

UWone77
26 December 2014, 11:05
I bought the wife a couple of Under Armour hoodies, some Oregon Ducks swag, a couple pairs of earrings, PS4 games and a pair of Salomon boots. She got me a couple of Under Armour hoodies, RCS Moduloader frame, Peltor Tactical 100 ear pro, BCM Gunfighter stock, a Grip Stop Mod 1, and we both got each other Aimpoint PROs, funnily enough. We spent the day watching Christmas movies starting with the original "Miracle on 34th Street" and closing out Christmas day with a classic: Die Hard...

Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

nonskid709
26 December 2014, 11:11
Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

Lol. I'm just happy she likes watching football...

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 11:24
And in my price range. :) Are you a lefty? A lefty once told me that he likes to just use a standard charging handle and turn his AR ejection port down to help clear malfunctions.

Not a lefty, just been used to standard charging handles. I used a regular old milspec ch for years before I ever even looks at the BCM.

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 11:25
Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

X2. Roll Tide!

Ordnance
26 December 2014, 11:27
We didn't have much this Christmas due to circumstances, but my beautiful wife did get me this...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10269485_10205840390434343_8392505831772315648_n.j pg?oh=19e85e955fae95daca8c5b5d543bd628&oe=554300B8&__gda__=1429352878_a33452d39acbb1d443b2206582f50b5 f

toolboxluis00200
26 December 2014, 11:34
We didn't have much this Christmas due to circumstances, but my beautiful wife did get me this...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10269485_10205840390434343_8392505831772315648_n.j pg?oh=19e85e955fae95daca8c5b5d543bd628&oe=554300B8&__gda__=1429352878_a33452d39acbb1d443b2206582f50b5 f

holt cow that is bad ass

toolboxluis00200
26 December 2014, 11:36

Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

LOL

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 11:46
I did get a bonus from work this year. Since I do make additional money doing photography on the side, I bought myself a nice Canon speed light.

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 11:55
I did get a bonus from work this year. Since I do make additional money doing photography on the side, I bought myself a nice Canon speed light.

Sounds like you did alright. And I know you spoiled that sweet little girl of yours.

Txfilmmaker
26 December 2014, 12:34
Sounds like you did alright. And I know you spoiled that sweet little girl of yours.

Thanks. She and her siblings did great! And that brought the biggest smile to my face. :-)

Ordnance
26 December 2014, 12:50
Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

So what's your alma mater?

UWone77
26 December 2014, 12:58
So what's your alma mater?

Spoken like someone who was educated in Eugene... ;)

So think reelz hard... you might get it.

Ordnance
26 December 2014, 14:41
Spoken like someone who was educated in Eugene... ;)

So think reelz hard... you might get it.

Or like a Man married to a UW graduate...

UWone77
26 December 2014, 14:49
Or like a Man married to a UW graduate...

That's a step in the right direction...

CK 187
26 December 2014, 14:58
Oregon Ducks?

You're dead to me.

LMAO

CK 187
26 December 2014, 15:00
I got nothing. Just how I like it. [:D]

I enjoy making the kids and wife happy. For me, getting gifts makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather give

WHSmithIV
26 December 2014, 15:17
I think maybe next Christmas you should hibernate..... #DebbyDowner

I think we should hibernate the entire winter.

Liberal_Strong
27 December 2014, 00:52
Uhh..my [work] secret gifted me a cold steel ATC stainless steel kukri machete...

mustangfreek
27 December 2014, 02:18
I got nothing. Just how I like it. [:D]

I enjoy making the kids and wife happy. For me, getting gifts makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather give

I'll admit as much as any guy likes free shit..i think about the same way, the kids smile and excitement , made me forget the bad shit going on in life and enjoy it, that is until i had a electronic device overload, laptops, ipods, iphone, xbox live accounts and more.....ya their mom spoiled them...lol

mustangfreek
27 December 2014, 03:04

H&K VP9

Missed this the first time, nice job comps wifey...[:D].....that is a pistol i am looking at..Curious comes with 1 or 2 mags?

Computalotapus
27 December 2014, 05:02
Missed this the first time, nice job comps wifey...[:D].....that is a pistol i am looking at..Curious comes with 1 or 2 mags?

The dremel is going to get broke in on the VP9 holster

CK 187
27 December 2014, 16:57
I'll admit as much as any guy likes free shit..i think about the same way, the kids smile and excitement , made me forget the bad shit going on in life and enjoy it, that is until i had a electronic device overload, laptops, ipods, iphone, xbox live accounts and more.....ya their mom spoiled them...lol

We went the opposite way this year. Zero electronics. Back to board games and family type stuff. They were surprisingly stoked

superr.stu
27 December 2014, 17:58
Got more than I should have.
Work - Benchmade Infidel
Family- Vortex 2.5-10 FFP
Family- Ammo
Wife- Paid off my 1911 rebuild

Though things that meant the most was a bottle of Woodford Reserve from my wife, with a note she had printed in memory of AC. And seeing my daughters first xmas!

Eric
27 December 2014, 18:08
I got a Discover Card bill.

camomike
27 December 2014, 20:12

LOL sounds like you made others have a nice Christmas though.

mustangfreek
28 December 2014, 02:36
Work - Benchmade Infidel
Family- Ammo

Though things that meant the most was a bottle of Woodford Reserve from my wife, with a note she had printed in memory of AC. And seeing my daughters first xmas!

Sounds like you made out good..That vortec scope is on my radar.....

...But,,,you said 1911 rebuild...come on, we need pics, details...something........[BD]

Lol...ouch...but im sure that bill paid for some goodies.....[:D]

superr.stu
28 December 2014, 05:23
...But,,,you said 1911 rebuild...come on, we need pics, details...something........[BD]

Base gun is a Springer loaded 9mm that I traded some work for. Shot it all summer and fall, then sent it down to Superior Firearms. We only spec'd out a few things, beyond those he's just gonna have his way with it.

Diazm50
28 December 2014, 06:57
We went the opposite way this year. Zero electronics. Back to board games and family type stuff. They were surprisingly stoked
That's pretty awesome!

Computalotapus
28 December 2014, 07:51

Man you should see the look I get from my girls when I kill the wifi in the house and make them do stuff as a family.

Gaspipeshooter
28 December 2014, 08:32
Work - Benchmade Infidel
Family- Ammo

Nice haul! If you like Woodford Reserve, you owe it to yourself to try the Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked...

GOST
28 December 2014, 10:02
You've really got me wanting to try the double oaked. My wife's friends make fun of my Kentucky Gentleman, I guess $15 for 1.75 L shows my taste level.[BD]

mustangfreek
28 December 2014, 20:50
You've really got me wanting to try the double oaked. My wife's friends make fun of my Kentucky Gentleman, I guess $15 for 1.75 L shows my taste level.[BD]

From you This is funny....Buys cheap booze but splurges for the claussens...lol...

camomike
28 December 2014, 20:53
Cheap whiskeys or cheap pickles, you can't cheap on both.

GOST
29 December 2014, 02:37
From you This is funny....Buys cheap booze but splurges for the claussens...lol...

Brother life is about priorities... Mine are a little messed up.

CK 187
29 December 2014, 04:50
Man you should see the look I get from my girls when I kill the wifi in the house and make them do stuff as a family.

Hahahahaha...........We think alike then

ddearmon2010
29 December 2014, 06:26

after a glass or two the flavor stops mattering with whiskey.... pickles on the other hand have to taste good

Gaspipeshooter
29 December 2014, 06:34
Brother life is about priorities... Mine are a little messed up.

I guess!!! I subscribe to the "Life is too short to drink cheap whiskey" theory. At any given time I usually have 12-15 Bourbons, a handful of Ryes and a few Scotches on hand. Most all I drink neat or with a splash of water, but I do have a few Bourbons and Ryes I mix, usually with some apple cider.

Gaspipeshooter
29 December 2014, 06:35
after a glass or two the flavor stops mattering with whiskey...

Blasphemy...

ddearmon2010
29 December 2014, 09:52
Hahahahaha...........We think alike then

take the charge cords too..... works wonders

Guinnesseb
29 December 2014, 10:31
Scored an amazon fire stick that I'm really digging. New patriots hoodie and a few other small items.. Treated myself to a few items though.. New tablet, some ammo and a new watch that should be in the mail today or tomorrow... Best part as usual was seeing my daughter light up with every gift she opened.....

xAZxE30x
29 December 2014, 21:01
Movado Circa
EXPS3
SF Scout Mini
1,000 300blk brass and projectiles
2 pairs of Magnani's

It was a great Christmas! Best part was seeing my 4 year old light up about Santa

Computalotapus
10 January 2015, 06:44
Finally got to use the new Craftsman rotary tool (dremel) I got for Christmas. So much better than my older harbor freight one that I was using previously.

sgatangosix
10 January 2015, 10:01
Black scar 17s from the wife a handl defense lower and super scar trigger from my 3 yr old daugther. Some 25 rd pmag in my stocking. I love my girls.