PDA

View Full Version : E-Filing Fomr 1s

Gaspipeshooter
27 December 2014, 06:33
Those of you who have done it recently, what operating system are you using on your computer? Any issues, since the ATF website says you need to be using Internet Explorer 8 or you may have problems?

Computalotapus
27 December 2014, 06:47
If you are an IE user and patched to the latest version you might have to run the site in compatibility mode, or use another browser like google chrome you should be fine.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Dstrbdmedic167
27 December 2014, 07:02
I used chrome without any issues. But comp hit the nail on the head

Gaspipeshooter
27 December 2014, 07:45
I thought about compatibility mode, (I actually have an Associate Degree in Computer Technology with a specialty in Networking), but I have been skeered of having something screw up part way through the application process. I have an old machine that's been gathering dust for 6-8 years I just "upgraded" from Windows 98 to XP so I could run IE 8 straight up, but if I can get away with running in compatibility mode with no issues I'd rather go that route. Thanks for the info guys!

CarbonScoring
27 December 2014, 07:55
I submitted mine while I was at work since it was the only PC I had access to that had IE8 (that and I had a lot of time while at work).

Ride4frnt
27 December 2014, 09:07
Used Firefox yesterday, no issues.

SwissyJim
27 December 2014, 11:18
I did mine on Win7 with Firefox and had no issues - that was last year tho before they shut it down or abit and supposedly upgraded the eFile system

tact
27 December 2014, 11:22
Firefox used here as well.

Gaspipeshooter
27 December 2014, 13:02
Good to hear everyone has been successful with Firefox.

gmar
27 December 2014, 20:33
Not sure or the system I used since I was at work and don't pay attention to computer stuff but on a positive note, I just had a form 1 for approved in 33 days. So get it submitted and expect to play soon!

Ride4frnt
27 December 2014, 20:57
Shew, I'm hoping for 33 days.

Deadwing
29 December 2014, 01:49
I had no problems using Safari to submit my Form 1 from a Mac. The adblock extension i was running seemed to cause some problems initially. But once i disabled it and made an exception for the ATF eForms page, it was smooth sailing.

Ride4frnt
29 December 2014, 11:21
Okay folks. I need expertise from you efile veterans. This morning I realized I made a brain fart when filing, and selected 5.56 caliber instead of 5.56mm. Anyone know if this will screw me? Should the ATF change it for me? A 5.56 caliber barrel would be cool...don't think I'd be able to put a cannon on the receiver though, it probably takes a proprietary barrel nut...

mustangfreek
30 December 2014, 00:45
I envy this thread....Thats all...[BD]

CarbonScoring
30 December 2014, 01:11
Okay folks. I need expertise from you efile veterans. This morning I realized I made a brain fart when filing, and selected 5.56 caliber instead of 5.56mm. Anyone know if this will screw me? Should the ATF change it for me? A 5.56 caliber barrel would be cool...don't think I'd be able to put a cannon on the receiver though, it probably takes a proprietary barrel nut...

The eform has two separate fields, one for 'caliber' and the other for the 'Unit of Measure'. My approved PDF only list the caliber as 5.56, even though I chose MM on the second field (like the example below).

You should be fine.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/sbr_cal.jpg?_subject_uid=9229312&w=AADfBo24wEwJcjr4xtKuVPrfXJGyOidLGZgncqxnZFu1fA

http://princelaw.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/approved-form-1.jpg