PDA

View Full Version : APEX kit, M&P won't fire.

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 09:40
Yesterday I stripped my gun completely and put the APEX dcaek, ultimate striker block, RAM, and AEK trigger in. I've done my brothers gun before, and his works just fine. Upon reassembling the gun, the striker no longer releases and the gun doesn't "click" as it should while dry firing. This got me angry, so I took it apart step by step, made sure it was all correct, and reassembled. I finally found that the gun works properly WITHOUT the rear roll pin installed that holds in the sear block. Install that pin and magically the gun stops working. Here's what baffles me. That pin has nothing to do with the operation of the gun. It's a straight through pin that only is made to hold the sear block in place.

You guys with apex kits have any thoughts? I'll probably call them tomorrow. Here's a video. First without the rear roll pin, then I install the pin.

http://youtu.be/gt_EA1kA2Lc

Gaspipeshooter
28 December 2014, 09:44
This video from Apex might help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMLv_JaoSkU

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 09:56
This video from Apex might help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMLv_JaoSkU

You gotta be effing kidding me... I knew it was that damn trigger bar but I didn't wanna go messing with it without knowing for sure...

How I missed that video on their YouTube baffles me. Thank you gaspipeshooter.

Dstrbdmedic167
28 December 2014, 09:59
Your GoogleFu is weak young padiwan....

Gaspipeshooter
28 December 2014, 10:13
You gotta be effing kidding me... I knew it was that damn trigger bar but I didn't wanna go messing with it without knowing for sure...

How I missed that video on their YouTube baffles me. Thank you gaspipeshooter.

You sir, are very welcome. I've watched a bunch of their videos in preparation for installing their stuff in a couple of my M&Ps, so I remembered that video well.

Computalotapus
28 December 2014, 10:17
hmmm someone texted you and said watch the videos from Apex Tactical... I just can't remember who that person was...hmmmmmm

though I probably texted you the wrong videos but I told you...

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 10:18
Dammit I watched all the videos on the install, I missed this one. Apparently my "candy cane" needed a little TLC.

DutyUse
28 December 2014, 10:38
Damn now your making me nervous about mine getting here :(

FortTom
28 December 2014, 10:54
Hell, don't feel bad, after successfully installing to of the FSS kits, on a third installation it wouldn't go click. Ended up having to call Randy Lee at Apex, and would be too embarrassed to tell what I did wrong.[:)]

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 10:58
Damn now your making me nervous about mine getting here :(

The install is cake... Too easy. But the trigger bar needed modified with my apex sear. A 5 minute fix, but I lost my cool and got frustrated before i found the fix here.

DutyUse
28 December 2014, 11:06
The install is cake... Too easy. But the trigger bar needed modified with my apex sear. A 5 minute fix, but I lost my cool and got frustrated before i found the fix here.

I don't think there's as many pieces to install in the Flat trigger kit I ordered

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 11:12
I don't think there's as many pieces to install in the Flat trigger kit I ordered

Even if not, The hardest part of the install was putting the slave pin through the trigger with the spring, and that was even easy.

DutyUse
28 December 2014, 11:15
Awesome. I was sweating it. I've not had the M&P for very long

mustangfreek
28 December 2014, 20:33
Dammit I watched all the videos on the install, I missed this one. Apparently my "candy cane" needed a little TLC.

yep. mine didnt need it as it was very close, but i adjusted mine ever so slightly and mo better now..