PDA

View Full Version : What Have You Learned About Yourself Recently?

GOST
28 December 2014, 10:26
I guess most of the time I'm not very aware of my many short comings till they're staring me down. Over Christmas I went out to shoot with my in-laws. They are all big into duck hunting and brought out mostly shotguns. One of the cousins brought out a Benelli Performance Shop SBE II Waterfowl Edition, which I was excited to play with.

Now I put a lot more rounds down the pipe than they do, but hadn't practiced much lately with my shotguns. And this was very clear after the clay pigeons were brought out. My wife even out shot me.

I did however redeem myself with the pistols and rifles. But now I know that a shotgun needs to be in the truck when I go out to play.

UWone77
28 December 2014, 10:31
I learned after I moved, I F'ing hate moving, but I have another move to go in 8-9 months.

I learned that I have too much stuff, and under orders from the wife, I'm going to have to get rid of stuff.

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 10:32
I learned yesterday that I get pissed off way too easy. 5 minute remedy, and if I would've just kept my cool, would've been much happier.

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 10:32
I learned after I moved, I F'ing hate moving, but I have another move to go in 8-9 months.

I learned that I have too much stuff, and under orders from the wife, I'm going to have to get rid of stuff.

In for gun stuff's.

GOST
28 December 2014, 10:33
I've learned that I dislike orders from the wife almost as much as Presidential Mandates.

DutyUse
28 December 2014, 10:35
I learned that any children's toy that says "some assembly required" really means you'll be cussing like a sailor and still putting them together days later...

GOST
28 December 2014, 10:35

Sounds like we're getting close to a WEVO Facebook 200,000 Likes/UW's Wife Mandate giveaway.

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 10:36

In for gun stuff's.

hell yeah unless he takes CC lol

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 10:36
hey GOST welcome back

GOST
28 December 2014, 10:40
Thanks, good to be back.

FortTom
28 December 2014, 10:49
I learned that you can post endlessly about rap stars, feelings, any non-gun related thing you want, but if you ask a legit gun related question you get the living shit stomped out of you.... and publicly made an ass out of. I've learned not to start any gun related questions, without prefacing it with a poll to see if it's worthy of a post or not.

UWone77
28 December 2014, 10:51
I learned that you can post endlessly about rap stars, feelings, any non-gun related thing you want, but if you ask a legit gun related question you get the living shit stomped out of you.... and publicly made an ass out of. I've learned not to start any gun related questions, without prefacing it with a poll to see if it's worthy of a post or not.

FT,

I know you started that out as a legit question, but I've seen that same thread topic elsewhere, and they all turn into train wrecks. Sorry.

Battle Cock
28 December 2014, 10:53
A few months back I learned that I get more excited about having a story to tell than I get concerned when somebody slings lead my direction.

akersc
28 December 2014, 10:54
I have learned that I can do things I never thought I could. It took the help of many, but I have found a side to me that I never knew was there, and for that I am very grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 10:56
I don't think I've learned anything 'new' but I am painfully aware of my own weaknesses. They stare me in the face and I have to fight not to let them get me down or piss me off. I have to fight myself to not be a pessimistic asshole. If you run around life feeling like you got hosed you're gonna be a miserable person and most of the time the pity party leads to a misery party.

Not saying that I still don't feel somewhat frustrated and short changed but getting pissed about it all just leaves me pissed when all else remains the same.

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 10:58
Sounds like we're getting close to a WEVO Facebook 200,000 Likes/UW's Wife Mandate giveaway.

I'm IN!!!

GOST
28 December 2014, 11:04
I don't think I've learned anything 'new' but I am painfully aware of my own weaknesses. They stare me in the face and I have to fight not to let them get me down or piss me off. I have to fight myself to not be a pessimistic asshole. If you run around life feeling like you got hosed you're gonna be a miserable person and most of the time the pity party leads to a misery party.

Not saying that I still don't feel somewhat frustrated and short changed but getting pissed about it all just leaves me pissed when all else remains the same.
That's a problem that affects many of us and brings us down when we could doing some good. Love you brother.

GOST
28 December 2014, 11:08
I'm IN!!!

I told her the same thing.

GOST
28 December 2014, 11:18
I have learned that I can do things I never thought I could. It took the help of many, but I have found a side to me that I never knew was there, and for that I am very grateful.

You and your hubby have done an incredible job!

akersc
28 December 2014, 11:24
You and your hubby have done an incredible job!

Awe thank you ☺️ I had a lot of great people helping me.

DutyUse
28 December 2014, 11:30

lol

FortTom
28 December 2014, 11:32
FT,

I know you started that out as a legit question, but I've seen that same thread topic elsewhere, and they all turn into train wrecks. Sorry.

Yes, I know. I was a little to fast on the trigger.
FT

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 11:34
I told her the same thing.

If you had to tell her... well..........ummmm... never mind. We don't want to go down that road LOL

FortTom
28 December 2014, 11:34
I'm IN!!!

Wrong thread dude, you're supposed to post that in UWone77's mail box....[:D]

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 11:37
That's a problem that affects many of us and brings us down when we could doing some good. Love you brother.

Yep. Thank you.

Some things are beyond my control. I get frustrated as hell by a lot of things that are beyond my control.

I personally have tried to take the tact of looking for good things to look at and report on... if you're looking for something bad, odds are you're gonna find it.

Dstrbdmedic167
28 December 2014, 11:46
I've learned a lot of things the past year. Today in particular that I'm not the man I once was... An elevated blood pressure and trip to the ER I'm not the picture of health I used to be.

I also have found out that friends can be made anywhere, especially even in different states. Truer friends are even harder to come by...

FortTom
28 December 2014, 12:17
I've learned that the multi-cam jock strap I got for Christmas is causing my butt to itch.....

camomike
28 December 2014, 12:25
I've learned that the multi-cam jock strap I got for Christmas is causing my butt to itch.....

There's a cream for that... Frog lube. I'd recommend the paste.

GOST
28 December 2014, 12:28
I'm IN!!!

Wrong thread dude, you're supposed to post that in UWone77's mail box....[:D]

I was wondering where we were to post.

FortTom
28 December 2014, 12:33
There's a cream for that... Frog lube. I'd recommend the paste.

Now that was funny......[:D][adore]

eldogg
28 December 2014, 13:23
I've learned when you turn 57. never trust a fart.

JHoward
28 December 2014, 13:40
Yep. Thank you.

Some things are beyond my control. I get frustrated as hell by a lot of things that are beyond my control.

I personally have tried to take the tact of looking for good things to look at and report on... if you're looking for something bad, odds are you're gonna find it.

I'm 100% with you on both of your posts. I have a bad tendency of saying exactly what I'm thinking, and being pessimistic, and letting every little thing bother me. I really get aggravated seeing what others have, and are given, while I'm busting my balls just to get by, but in the end, I need to remember that I AM getting by, and I shouldn't be worried about what others are doing.

voodoo_man
28 December 2014, 13:42
Not recently but I am always amazed at how patient I am and have become since my teens.

I cannot remember the last time I let emotion take control or had an emotional response (that was physical) triggered by someone's actions.

camomike
28 December 2014, 13:45
Not recently but I am always amazed at how patient I am and have become since my teens.

I cannot remember the last time I let emotion take control or had an emotional response (that was physical) triggered by someone's actions.

This is actually one of my wife's pet peeves about me. I won't fight with her. She calls me a vulcan.

Army203
28 December 2014, 13:49
I have learned that moving sucks, moving across the country REALLY SUCKS. What the real kicker is, my wife is a F'n pack rat. Thank god for large dumpsters. Oh, the last thing I learned is to never stick your neck out for people. F'n baglickers.

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 13:54

You're paid to be patient :) LOL

voodoo_man
28 December 2014, 13:57
This is actually one of my wife's pet peeves about me. I won't fight with her. She calls me a vulcan.

You're paid to be patient :) LOL

I'm way more patient than many of my coworkers, which is surprising because I'd figure the more time on the job people have the more they learned to deal with people.

Guess that's not the case though.

GOST
28 December 2014, 14:09
I've learned when you turn 57. never trust a fart.

I'm not 57 yet but I quit trusting them after the Mexican restaurant incident.

alamo5000
28 December 2014, 14:10
I'm way more patient than many of my coworkers, which is surprising because I'd figure the more time on the job people have the more they learned to deal with people.

Guess that's not the case though.

In a former life I had a job that tested my patience a whole lot in some ways similar to what you have to deal with. I can tell you from experience that you do not get more as time progresses. That is one reason why I resigned that job.

It applies to a number of things...

Gaspipeshooter
28 December 2014, 14:20
Itchy butts and Frog Lube...this thread is going south in a hurry...

FortTom
28 December 2014, 14:50
Itchy butts and Frog Lube...this thread is going south in a hurry...

Hey, it may turn your booty green, but it smells nice and minty fresh.....Don't knock it until you try it....

SINNER
28 December 2014, 16:09
Today I learned that 160 rounds of .280 Ackley with a Magpul PRS factory recoil pad will make it hard to even tie your shoes after the range trip. So I guess I learned I'm getting soft.

akersc
28 December 2014, 16:36

When I said I was going to hug your face 😉

voodoo_man
28 December 2014, 16:42
When I said I was going to hug your face 😉

lawl

ddearmon2010
28 December 2014, 17:10
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/fdd64218a8cd66a47d85a9a6cc8b0105.jpg

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 17:18
No No No

FortTom
28 December 2014, 17:29
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/28/fdd64218a8cd66a47d85a9a6cc8b0105.jpg

Man, you just ain't right.....

mustangfreek
28 December 2014, 17:33
I was just thinking we were due for a off the wall'ish gost thread..lol...

I had to chuckle on that last line...lol...

ddearmon2010
28 December 2014, 17:42
Man, you just ain't right.....

I take wrong to a whole new level

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 18:01
well i just learned some thing today it dose not mater what forms i go to there all ways that one guy [crazy]

GOST
28 December 2014, 18:22
What guy?

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 18:36
What guy?

last post on page 3

GOST
28 December 2014, 18:39
Poopie is funny.

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 18:50
Poopie is funny.

don't get me wrong i am not bad mouthing him it just surprise me a little

ddearmon2010
28 December 2014, 18:53
I'm sorry toolbox.... lol... I have been saving that one for just the right occasion..... though honestly I never thought the occasion would arrive.

toolboxluis00200
28 December 2014, 19:14
I'm sorry toolbox.... lol... I have been saving that one for just the right occasion..... though honestly I never thought the occasion would arrive.

lol it cool u dont have to apologize

eldogg
29 December 2014, 03:39

glad i could set you up for that :)

akersc
29 December 2014, 05:48
Amen brother. We have moved three times in two years and it SUCKS! We are looking a moving out of state now and lets just say I am dreading that drive and packing and unpacking. I kinda want to just leave everything and buy new.....if only I could win the lottery :D

ddearmon2010
29 December 2014, 06:19
Amen brother. We have moved three times in two years and it SUCKS! We are looking a moving out of state now and lets just say I am dreading that drive and packing and unpacking. I kinda want to just leave everything and buy new.....if only I could win the lottery :D

I'm paying someone to move my crap next time I have to move.... between work and kids I just don't have time for that crap

akersc
29 December 2014, 06:21
I'm paying someone to move my crap next time I have to move.... between work and kids I just don't have time for that crap

I wish I could, I hate this crap. Last time we moved I had just had surgery so my helpfulness was limited and it drove me nuts!

ddearmon2010
5 January 2015, 09:32
if you actually look at the expense of moving yourself and having someone else come in and pick up boxes load them on the truck and take themthem to your new house... it's not that much more... I'll pack everything in boxes but I'm not moving it

Former11B
5 January 2015, 09:49

If thats gonna hit the FS forum here...maybe an Aimpoint Micro...that'd be sweet!