PDA

View Full Version : Goals for 2015

akersc
29 December 2014, 12:26
So to change things to a more positive note, what are everyone's "goals" for 2015?

I know we all say resolutions, but lets face it they are goals and we either achieve or fail.

I will go first! My goals for 2015 are:

1. To be more active in charity work, I enjoyed what I did so much I want to do it full time!

2. To work on myself, mentally and spiritually. I need to learn forgiveness and to love myself.

3. To get into shape, I do not enjoy the tactical muffin top :(

Ride4frnt
29 December 2014, 12:30
So to change things to a more positive note, what are everyone's "goals" for 2015?

I know we all say resolutions, but lets face it they are goals and we either achieve or fail.

I will go first! My goals for 2015 are:

1. To be more active in charity work, I enjoyed what I did so much I want to do it full time!

2. To work on myself, mentally and spiritually. I need to learn forgiveness and to love myself.

3. To get into shape, I do not enjoy the tactical muffin top :(

My immediate goals: send your husband more selfies. Do savage race again, probably tough mudder. Get NFA toys. New job. New house. Win $100k at the local firemans bonanza (I'll let you know how that goes)

akersc
29 December 2014, 12:37
I will be expecting more baby selfies then! I would love to do another race, but that ship has sailed after I continued to run on a broken foot and ruined any chance of running again. Good luck on the rest and I expect your progress as you go!
My immediate goals: send your husband more selfies. Do savage race again, probably tough mudder. Get NFA toys. New job. New house. Win $100k at the local firemans bonanza (I'll let you know how that goes)

Computalotapus
29 December 2014, 12:48
1. Get in shape

2. Get the kids more involved in shooting events

3. Get myself more involved into 2-Gun style shooting

4. Do some hubby/wife training classes (carbine and pistol classes, and range first aid application)

5. Document weapon progression

6. Get out of Michigan :p

SINNER
29 December 2014, 13:09
Be a better father and husband. Meaning less work and more family.

akersc
29 December 2014, 13:10
All doable!
1. Get in shape

2. Get the kids more involved in shooting events

3. Get myself more involved into 2-Gun style shooting

4. Do some hubby/wife training classes (carbine and pistol classes, and range first aid application)

5. Document weapon progression

akersc
29 December 2014, 13:11
:) Awesome goal!
Be a better father and husband. Meaning less work and more family.

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 13:15
My list is pretty straight forward actually…

I just want my wife and kids to stay happy and healthy.

I hope the few thousand yellow poplar trees we planted over the summer have a high survivability.

And this is just hopeful wishing, but the guys who know me already understand I'm hoping and praying someone freaking retires sooner then later!!

Other then that I just want to to keep meeting solid, like minded guys and gals like y'all here on WEVO.

akersc
29 December 2014, 13:21
That is a very good list. I hope you can achieve all of your goals. I also enjoy meeting new people, I have made some very good friends here on Wevo and I hope to meet many more.
My list is pretty straight forward actually…

I just want my wife and kids to stay happy and healthy.

I hope the few thousand yellow poplar trees we planted over the summer have a high survivability.

And this is just hopeful wishing, but the guys who know me already understand I'm hoping and praying someone freaking retires sooner then later!!

Other then that I just want to to keep meeting solid, like minded guys and gals like y'all here on WEVO.

FortTom
29 December 2014, 14:30
I want my video of me dancing in my new ACU camo jock strap to get 100K likes, so I can compete with Stickman's GAW. Every winner get's a free poster from the video. Oh, and world peace and all that malarkey.[:D]
FT

akersc
29 December 2014, 14:39
I want my video of me dancing in my new ACU camo jock strap to get 100K likes, so I can compete with Stickman's GAW. Every winner get's a free poster from the video. Oh, and world peace and all that malarkey.[:D]
FT

FT I'm not even sure where to go with this.......😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddearmon2010
29 December 2014, 14:45
I have one goal..... recuperate from 2014

GaSwamper
29 December 2014, 15:59
Man so many things to do, so I guess tops on the list is, have as much fun as I can with the little man, get my ass back in some kind of shape other than worthless, finally make up my mind on what suppressor the Wolvie gets, start my build on yet another cool little wildcat, and way at the top of the list Stop Freaking Smoking!!

akersc
29 December 2014, 16:05
Man so many things to do, so I guess tops on the list is, have as much fun as I can with the little man, get my ass back in some kind of shape other than worthless, finally make up my mind on what suppressor the Wolvie gets, start my build on yet another cool little wildcat, and way at the top of the list Stop Freaking Smoking!!

I've heard Chantix (sp) works really well to help stop smoking. I also need to get in shape, I feel gross :(

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 16:29
I've heard Chantix (sp) works really well to help stop smoking. I also need to get in shape, I feel gross :(

I've also gotten chantix to quit smoking, just haven't had the will power to start yet… guess chalk up another goal for '15

akersc
29 December 2014, 16:32
I've also gotten chantix to quit smoking, just haven't had the will power to start yet… guess chalk up another goal for '15

Do eeeet!

GaSwamper
29 December 2014, 16:54
I don't know, I tried wellbutrin one time and almost killed some coworkers.

akersc
29 December 2014, 16:57
I don't know, I tried wellbutrin one time and almost killed some coworkers.

Brotha that's supposed to help you not kill people!

UWone77
29 December 2014, 18:39
Good question. We always have goals on a whiteboard that is constantly getting updated. The big ones for us in 2015:

1. Sell our rental property

2. Square away a legal situation

3. Wife wants to find a practice/hospital closer to our future residence

4. Purchase our next to last residence

GOST
29 December 2014, 18:46

Brother, property and taxes are cheaper here in the south. Down here in the south would be a good location for another Rainier Arms retail store.

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 18:51
Brother, property and taxes are cheaper here in the south. Down here in the south would be a good location for another Rainier Arms retail store.

I was just telling Comp this morning he needs to move to the country. I believe it went something like "when you gonna shoot that new VP9"... "oh like 2 weeks when we goto the range"...which I just had to rub in his face that I had walked out my front door this morning and burned 100ish rounds through the MP...still in PJ's no less! ;D

Just sayin. Country living is where its at

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:01
That's the way it is for me also. When I buy a new gun I load it in the car and fire a couple of shots into the bank before going in the house.

alamo5000
29 December 2014, 19:02
I can say that I kept last year's resolution. I have not drank a single soda of any kind in a year. And for those of you wanting to get in shape I lost two belt loops by this alone without working out at all. But I am still going strong with it. No soda! :)

My goals this year are somewhat personal and to understand you need to know some basic background of how I wound up where I am at doing what I am doing. Long story short my goal for 2015 is to move out and up in more ways than one. I want to get a new job in a new location doing something better.

Don't get me wrong, I am 'ok' now but I need to push and get out of my comfort zone. I am single and male, and where I am at now decent job prospects are very limited and the chance to meet the ladies is even more limited. I am not at all living up to my potential and capabilities on either front. I need to seriously upgrade my social life and start living my life more fully.

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:04
And the best part about living in the country here in TN besides no state income tax, is that you can pee outside where ever you want.

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:10
I can say that I kept last year's resolution. I have not drank a single soda of any kind in a year. And for those of you wanting to get in shape I lost two belt loops by this alone without working out at all. But I am still going strong with it. No soda! :)

My goals this year are somewhat personal and to understand you need to know some basic background of how I wound up where I am at doing what I am doing. Long story short my goal for 2015 is to move out and up in more ways than one. I want to get a new job in a new location doing something better.

Don't get me wrong, I am 'ok' now but I need to push and get out of my comfort zone. I am single and male, and where I am at now decent job prospects are very limited and the chance to meet the ladies is even more limited. I am not at all living up to my potential and capabilities on either front. I need to seriously upgrade my social life and start living my life more fully.

Brother sounds like you're getting on the right path. Getting what you need outta life is all about priorities. I learned that if you'll put Jesus first then the rest will follow.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:11
Good question. We always have goals on a whiteboard that is constantly getting updated. The big ones for us in 2015:

1. Sell our rental property

2. Square away a legal situation

3. Wife wants to find a practice/hospital closer to our future residence

Those seem like some very big goals, but I know you and know if anyone can do it, you can! Best of luck to you.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:15

I stopped drinking soda 8 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. It sucked at first but now I don't even think about it.

As far as the rest goes, good for you. I always say there is "the one" out there and when the time is right she will show up. I have seen it happen, to myself even. Don't ever settle, make sure everything is right.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:15
And the best part about living in the country here in TN besides no state income tax, is that you can pee outside where ever you want.

Can we move in with you?

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:16

Yes yes yes, everything about this yes! We are headed south and need some Rainier in our lives.

Canexpat
29 December 2014, 19:22
Get more shooting in.
Get more exercise in.
Cut back on the beer. Just a little.
Build another rifle.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:23
Get more shooting in.
Get more exercise in.
Cut back on the beer. Just a little.
Build another rifle.

Build ALL OF THE RIFLES!!!!

alamo5000
29 December 2014, 19:24

I love peeing outside. I do it all the time. I also rather enjoy shooting skeet in the back yard. :) Maybe I will shoot skeet in the nude just because I can. :)

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:25
Yes yes yes, everything about this yes! We are headed south and need some Rainier in our lives.

Hell yeah we do! We can all work there. Someone needs to talk John Hwang into this. Before my current job I was very successful as a Manager at several retail stores.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:26
Hell yeah we do! We can all work there. Someone needs to talk John Hwang into this. Before my current job I was very successful as a Manager at several retail stores.

Crap I'm operations manager right now and just moved from sales! We could take over the south Rainier style!

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:28
I love peeing outside. I do it all the time. I also rather enjoy shooting skeet in the back yard. :) Maybe I will shoot skeet in the nude just because I can. :)
First time our Preacher stopped by the house I answered the door in my boxers. I used to start every morning by peeing off my back deck and smoking a cigarette. I LOVE peeing outside.

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:29
Crap I'm operations manager right now and just moved from sales! We could take over the south Rainier style!

This needs to get done.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:30
This needs to get done.

Agreed! Now how do we convince John?

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:34
Agreed! Now how do we convince John?

Maybe with sports cars and motorcycles?

SwissyJim
29 December 2014, 19:34
∆ not complain about taking care of wife's health issues as much
∆ take an actual training class on pistol and carbine
∆ exercise more
∆ start looking for a place to retire outside of Alaska (see goal #1)
∆ Go fishing more [:D]
∆ Get outside more with the doggies (see #3)
∆ And i know the wife wants this one - spend less $$$ on gun stuff (not gonna happen!)

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:35
Maybe with sports cars and motorcycles?

I don't have either...... How about you?

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:40
No I have 2 small girls. I doubt an Acura MDX will do.

akersc
29 December 2014, 19:40

All I have is a Jetta TDI. Dude we need a better plan!

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 20:07

Right? My '08 BMW coupe got the axe for the family mobile few years back.. Damn I still miss that car :(

GOST
29 December 2014, 20:16
All I have is a Jetta TDI. Dude we need a better plan!

How about me pulling a rickshaw?

mustangfreek
30 December 2014, 00:54
Quit smoking cigs and get my life/health squared/straightened out and get back to work full time.

MonkeyBomb
30 December 2014, 01:19
Goals. Sure why not.

1) Survive and thrive through the massive chain of command change that's coming.

2) Spend some more quality time with the kids. Its time for some healthy marksmanship training to start.

3) Continue to train with Pistol and carbine and kick it up a notch.

4) Be more patient ( who am I kidding) Patience is for suckers I make stuff happen ;)

GaSwamper
30 December 2014, 01:53
First time our Preacher stopped by the house I answered the door in my boxers. I used to start every morning by peeing off my back deck and smoking a cigarette. I LOVE peeing outside.

Nuthin like peeing and shooting off the back porch!

akersc
30 December 2014, 03:28
How about me pulling a rickshaw?

Hmmmmm not 100% sure but I don't think that would work. We can sure try though, it may be a YouTube sensation. 😬

CK 187
30 December 2014, 06:25
When I buy a new gun I load it in the car and fire a couple of shots into the bank

Isn't that a felony? [:D]

CK 187
30 December 2014, 06:32

1. Get back to working out regularly outside of hikes and mountain biking
2. Possibly resume some martial arts practice (only been 22 years [:D])
3. Spend as much time as possible with all my girls
4. Do a Spartan Race/Tough Mudder/or something similar

I did exactly what I set out to do in 2014 which was get out of the job I was in. Working 6 or 7 days a week, 3rd shift, AVERAGING 14hr shifts for a tyrant of a boss. I made tons of $$$, but it wasn't worth the trade offs. My health suffered, my family was suffering, and I was becoming a full time cranky ass.

Hopefully 2015 can be as successful

skijunkie55
30 December 2014, 08:13

What's wrong with Michigan?!

akersc
30 December 2014, 08:21

1. Get back to working out regularly outside of hikes and mountain biking
2. Possibly resume some martial arts practice (only been 22 years [:D])
3. Spend as much time as possible with all my girls
4. Do a Spartan Race/Tough Mudder/or something similar

I did exactly what I set out to do in 2014 which was get out of the job I was in. Working 6 or 7 days a week, 3rd shift, AVERAGING 14hr shifts for a tyrant of a boss. I made tons of $$$, but it wasn't worth the trade offs. My health suffered, my family was suffering, and I was becoming a full time cranky ass.

Hopefully 2015 can be as successful

I too am looking to get out of my current job, I have a certain co worker that is pure evil and my mental health cannot take it much longer.

akersc
30 December 2014, 08:21
What's wrong with Michigan?!

It's Michigan....

VIPER 237
30 December 2014, 08:31
1: Not have a repeat of 2014. Between losing my job, having to sell most of my guns and other toys, going to the brink of divorce, and bouts of depression, 2014 can eat a bowl of di*ks.

2: To become more unplugged. Less social media and electronics and more time with family and friends.

3: Take my health and fitness more seriously. I'm not 20 anymore and I can't eat anything I want anymore like I used to.

4: I want to attend some more training classes and get back into 3 gun.

akersc
30 December 2014, 08:34
1: Not have a repeat of 2014. Between losing a job, having to sell most of my guns and other toys, going to the brink of divorce, and bouts of depression 2014 can eat a bowl of di*ks.

2: To become more unplugged. Less social media and electronics and more time with family and friends.

3: Take my health and fitness more seriously. I'm not 20 anymore and I can't eat anything I want anymore like I used to.

4: I want to attend some more training classes and get back into 3 gun.

Well let's hope 2015 is amazing for you! You and you alone are the only one to make it that way, so grab life by the balls and make her your bitch (this whole statement is a total contradiction, but you get what I'm saying....hopefully)

BoilerUp
30 December 2014, 08:48
Kill a deer.

I"ve never been large game hunting before and through a bit of bad luck missed out on the hunting camp I managed to get myself invited to this past season. I moved to WA a few years ago so live in a great state for hunting and want to 1) take advantage of it and 2) learn how to hunt so I can teach and take my children hunting when they get older (both are toddlers right now). So, I've set a goal for myself to kill a deer in WA this year, my first ever.

UWone77
30 December 2014, 08:58

We're planning to move to the midwest in about 7 years roughly.

A week or so back, I posted on my FB I wanted to move, and was tired of the work at the PD. Jeff Cross posted a link to CMT Tactical's job openings in TN. I can't say I wasn't tempted. [:D]

Ordnance
30 December 2014, 09:37

A week or so back, I posted on my FB I wanted to move, and was tired of the work at the PD. Jeff Cross posted a link to CMT Tactical's job openings in TN. I can't say I wasn't tempted. [:D]

Did you see what you can get down there for the cost of a home here? Lol...

CK 187
30 December 2014, 09:49
I too am looking to get out of my current job, I have a certain co worker that is pure evil and my mental health cannot take it much longer.

Good luck. It makes it hard to build up ambition to even go into work when you start off dreading it each day

Ride4frnt
30 December 2014, 10:05
Did you see what you can get down there for the cost of a home here? Lol...
No joke. 300k home here in md is about 120k there

akersc
30 December 2014, 10:18
Yep it sure does. I pull in the driveway and get this yucky feeling in my stomach. I know I am worth more and deserve better, I think I am in the wrong industry!
Good luck. It makes it hard to build up ambition to even go into work when you start off dreading it each day

akersc
30 December 2014, 10:19
Good Luck! That is on my daughters goal list as well, she had no luck this past season.
Kill a deer.

I"ve never been large game hunting before and through a bit of bad luck missed out on the hunting camp I managed to get myself invited to this past season. I moved to WA a few years ago so live in a great state for hunting and want to 1) take advantage of it and 2) learn how to hunt so I can teach and take my children hunting when they get older (both are toddlers right now). So, I've set a goal for myself to kill a deer in WA this year, my first ever.

Former11B
30 December 2014, 14:10
Buy some land with a house or build one in it.

Start teaching my little boy (currently 7 months) all the things he needs to know.

Spend more time with the wife doing the things we like, camping, traveling, etc.

Plan (and execute) another family "guys" hunting trip with my brothers and my dad.

I finish my Master's soon and hopefully the job I applied for and also got a personal recommendation to the director for comes through and I don't have a gap between my GI Bill stopping and a paycheck starting

Win my appeal with the VA And not stop fighting my case til I do.

Get my back problems worked on until I can do all of the above without being in so much pain I'm intolerable to be around. Not fair to me or those I hold close. Hopefully I'm off to a good start with a surgery on Jan 5th, I can heal up and get to work on the list.

DutyUse
30 December 2014, 14:13

Dang I would think that would be almost the ideal partnership there...

akersc
30 December 2014, 14:39
Buy some land with a house or build one in it.

Start teaching my little boy (currently 7 months) all the things he needs to know.

Spend more time with the wife doing the things we like, camping, traveling, etc.

Plan (and execute) another family "guys" hunting trip with my brothers and my dad.

I finish my Master's soon and hopefully the job I applied for and also got a personal recommendation to the director for comes through and I don't have a gap between my GI Bill stopping and a paycheck starting

Win my appeal with the VA And not stop fighting my case til I do.

Get my back problems worked on until I can do all of the above without being in so much pain I'm intolerable to be around. Not fair to me or those I hold close. Hopefully I'm off to a good start with a surgery on Jan 5th, I can heal up and get to work on the list.

I hope your back gets better and you can get to doing things you love the most.

VIPER 237
30 December 2014, 14:58
Haha will do!

Well let's hope 2015 is amazing for you! You and you alone are the only one to make it that way, so grab life by the balls and make her your bitch (this whole statement is a total contradiction, but you get what I'm saying....hopefully)

ddearmon2010
30 December 2014, 15:05
It's Michigan....

I'm originally from Michigan.... nothing wrong with it except the cold

Computalotapus
30 December 2014, 15:32
I'm originally from Michigan.... nothing wrong with it except the cold

Where we live you have to drive to pretty much do anything. And the distances we have to drive might as well travel out of state. The cold sucks, don't get me wrong tho I loved living in NorCal and all the things you can do in the winter but Michigan has nothing even remotely close to NorCal. We are looking to get down south closer to family in Alabama. Michigan is drying up one of the fastest decreasing populations in the US. If Dow was not in this town it would dry up.

Txfilmmaker
30 December 2014, 21:33
I had to have a heart attack three years ago to get serious about my health. Seems like I always need drama to light a fire under my tush. I should have died. Long story... Thankfully my health has been great since six months after that event. I lost 50lbs and went from wearing 38" waist pants to 32" pants. (6' tall) I am constantly tweaking my diet. I overcame a bad sciatic condition last year. Figured out some core exercises and stretches that took care of that. Will share if any one is interested. Maybe make a video. I need to make more money this year. I have several children and some hospital/doctor bills I need to payoff. I need to pray with my wife on a regular basis. I need to continue to increase my skill sets. If anyone wants prayer for 2015, please PM me. I would be honored to lift you up.

GOST
31 December 2014, 02:38
Brother we all need prayers, I pray that 2015 is good to you and your family.:o

Txfilmmaker
31 December 2014, 05:35
Brother we all need prayers, I pray that 2015 is good to you and your family.:o

Back at you, Gost. :)

akersc
31 December 2014, 05:55
Here's to a fabulous 2015 for you! PS; you need to post more pictures of those pretty babies of yours for us to see as well, thats a good goal :)
I had to have a heart attack three years ago to get serious about my health. Seems like I always need drama to light a fire under my tush. I should have died. Long story... Thankfully my health has been great since six months after that event. I lost 50lbs and went from wearing 38" waist pants to 32" pants. (6' tall) I am constantly tweaking my diet. I overcame a bad sciatic condition last year. Figured out some core exercises and stretches that took care of that. Will share if any one is interested. Maybe make a video. I need to make more money this year. I have several children and some hospital/doctor bills I need to payoff. I need to pray with my wife on a regular basis. I need to continue to increase my skill sets. If anyone wants prayer for 2015, please PM me. I would be honored to lift you up.

Txfilmmaker
31 December 2014, 09:06
Here's to a fabulous 2015 for you! PS; you need to post more pictures of those pretty babies of yours for us to see as well, thats a good goal :)

Will do! Praying that you, computalotapus and family have your best year ever! :)

toolboxluis00200
31 December 2014, 09:07
some of you guys have some great goals

nCarnage
31 December 2014, 09:14
Goals. Would have to say is:
1. Start a family
2. Do a competition shoot
3. Get in shape
4. Get hired by another dept before #1 happens
5. accomplish whatever challenge 2015 brings me
6. If #4 doesnt happen, get promoted to a SGT. at where I am.

WHSmithIV
1 January 2015, 03:38
My wife's and my goals are very simple. Survive the next year. If we work hard enough to do so, perhaps it won't be as bad as last year was.

Gaspipeshooter
1 January 2015, 06:54

All things being relative $$$-wise in terms of inflation, etc, years ago Allstate Insurance had shit ton of folks relocate to the area where I live from the Seattle area. They were buying 3500 sq. ft. + houses around here for the same money they sold their little 2-3 bedroom bungalows out there for.

BoilerUp
1 January 2015, 08:49
All things being relative $$$-wise in terms of inflation, etc, years ago Allstate Insurance had shit ton of folks relocate to the area where I live from the Seattle area. They were buying 3500 sq. ft. + houses around here for the same money they sold their little 2-3 bedroom bungalows out there for.

I'm from the Midwest and live in one of the nicer neighborhoods in the greater Seattle area (east of Lake Washington). I think when my family visits me and sees my house they figure maybe I'm not doing so well financially after all. For me, though, it's worth it. I love it out here, but don't take advantage of it as much as I need to, which is why my stated 2015 goal is related to the opportunities that living in WA has to offer.

UWone77
1 January 2015, 09:02

For me, my wife is from the midwest, so that's why I have that connection.

Interesting what you mentioned about house prices. In the next 9 months we hope to purchase a new place around 3500-4000 square feet. That would give me some work space, possibly family expansion room, along with enough garage space for other things. We want to keep our house budget between 500-700, so that would give us a lot of flexibility into the "final" house. We looked at what we could buy say 7 years out in the areas we are considering in the midwest, and you can basically get yourself a full farm/ranch for that out there. My wife isn't sold on lots of acreage, but of course, I'd love to be able to shoot on my own property free of any outside regulation. We'll see how it goes, as by that time, we're going to have to be somewhat close to civilization as she will still have to commute to work.

Jerry R
1 January 2015, 09:37
My primary goal had been to retire in 2015. I managed to get that done in October of this year. The relocation is pretty much complete, down to ten boxes or so left to unpack.

Goals change - but for now I want to take advantage of the new freedom retirement provides ...
Strength and endurance build-up - currently not "horribly out of shape" but not "in shape" either. The "Wrinkle Ranch" has a very nice exercise facility and pool (current temp is 71 and the pool is heated).
Find and use local ranges. "Where to Shoot" APP says there is a 100m indoor air-conditioned rifle range with memberships available, and several outdoor ranges.
Work on photography skills. I still take snapshots, not photographs - some of you guys should be professionals !
Enjoy life !

Gaspipeshooter
1 January 2015, 10:12

Interesting what you mentioned about house prices. In the next 9 months we hope to purchase a new place around 3500-4000 square feet. That would give me some work space, possibly family expansion room, along with enough garage space for other things. We want to keep our house budget between 500-700, so that would give us a lot of flexibility into the "final" house. We looked at what we could buy say 7 years out in the areas we are considering in the midwest, and you can basically get yourself a full farm/ranch for that out there. My wife isn't sold on lots of acreage, but of course, I'd love to be able to shoot on my own property free of any outside regulation. We'll see how it goes, as by that time, we're going to have to be somewhat close to civilization as she will still have to commute to work.

That kind of coin would get you A LOT of acreage out in the more rural places in the general area where I live. Depending on the wife's job requirements, you could be within about a 30-45 minute commute of some good sized cities and be able to whizzz off your back deck and shoot guns. You could have a nice house and a completely separate shop building for that matter. On a related note, I had some neighbors cracking off a few strings of shots last night at midnight. If I hadn't been so tired I wanted to run out and answer with a magazine or two out of the AR47...[:D]

akersc
1 January 2015, 12:08
My primary goal had been to retire in 2015. I managed to get that done in October of this year. The relocation is pretty much complete, down to ten boxes or so left to unpack.

Goals change - but for now I want to take advantage of the new freedom retirement provides ...
Strength and endurance build-up - currently not "horribly out of shape" but not "in shape" either. The "Wrinkle Ranch" has a very nice exercise facility and pool (current temp is 71 and the pool is heated).
Find and use local ranges. "Where to Shoot" APP says there is a 100m indoor air-conditioned rifle range with memberships available, and several outdoor ranges.
Work on photography skills. I still take snapshots, not photographs - some of you guys should be professionals !
Enjoy life !

Sounds like you have a good head start to 2015!

akersc
1 January 2015, 12:11
Goals. Would have to say is:
1. Start a family
2. Do a competition shoot
3. Get in shape
4. Get hired by another dept before #1 happens
5. accomplish whatever challenge 2015 brings me
6. If #4 doesnt happen, get promoted to a SGT. at where I am.

Go forth and make ALL the babies 😁

DutyUse
1 January 2015, 12:27

You have a lot of freedom because I don't think you have kids yet? Once they come around you take on a lot more responsibility and you're tied down to one location

BoilerUp
1 January 2015, 14:59
You have a lot of freedom because I don't think you have kids yet? Once they come around you take on a lot more responsibility and you're tied down to one location

Don't tell that to anyone in the military with a family...

GOST
1 January 2015, 15:05
Don't tell that to anyone in the military with a family...

I grew up on Air Force bases, and they were absolutely great. I'm very thankful for it.