PDA

View Full Version : MOTUS Training

Computalotapus
31 December 2014, 06:01
I don't know how many of you follow MOTUS or keep up with what all they do. They are opening a section called MOTUS Training for 2015 and it sounds like it could be informative and fun to participate in as well.

Launching in early 2015, MOTUS Training will combine in-depth skills and training editorial with hands on classes throughout the country. Working with skilled professionals in a variety of disciplines (firearms, bushcraft, off-road, survival, etc), students will get hands-on education and training to help them become better modern-day adventurers and warriors. Whether you’re looking to improve you shooting skills, learn the best way to recover a stuck vehicle, or be knowledgeable and prepared when disaster strikes, the goal of MOTUS Training is prepare you the knowledge and knowhow so you’re ready for anything. Unlike other training that concentrates solely on one skill set, MOTUS Training seeks to provide a well-rounded approach for both beginners and seasoned adventurers. By purchasing this membership, you’ll have “members only” access to exclusive MOTUS Training content, products, and advanced notice on upcoming training courses and events

http://motusworld.com/store/motus-training-membership/

FortTom
31 December 2014, 13:01
Looks like a lot of fun...

Computalotapus
31 December 2014, 13:11
I will let you know how it goes. Looking forward to finding new stuff to do and getting out more this coming year.

Computalotapus
3 January 2015, 13:11
Got my Motus Training patch in the mail today. Looking forward to doing some of the challenges that will be published. There are supposed to be challenge coins that can be earned as well. Part of my New Year's resolution was to get out and train more and that is what I am going to be working on this year, training more. Local PD officer offers some basic to intermediate pistol and carbine classes. Looking to get the insight from a former Detroit Swap member.

http://computalotapus.com/images/motustraining.jpg

Computalotapus
12 January 2015, 11:09
First Challenge got kicked out this morning.
MOTUS 666 Drill:

2 Targets each target has 2 hit boxes: 3"x5" rectangle and a 8" Circle
Targets must be 6 yds away, 1 ft apart and 5 ft tall
2 Magazines 3 rounds each
From relaxed holstered position, draw, 1 shot to 3"x5" and 2 shots to the 8" Circle, reload from slide lock, repeat shots on 2nd target
Must be completed in 6 seconds or less

Confirmation of completion submitted with serialized targets and video.

Gonna try and do this one this weekend I know another WEVO member is going to be doing this as well. Will be cool to see their video.