PDA

View Full Version : NEW ADM Premuim BCG

GOST
1 January 2015, 12:42
http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/img/product/9343ffe41ef1c5b1e406325bd4694145.jpg

DESCRIPTION
ADM’s bolt carrier was critically accessed at the component level. Every component was processed in accordance with the latest TDP including assembly, staking, all heat treats and shot peening to specification.
Every component is given a finish pass for optimal surface finish, and grinding is actually done post heat treat where most manufacturers use shortcuts such as CNC machining post-heat treat, or no post heat treat machining at all.
Half a dozen Melonite QPQ processing facilities were evaluated before selecting the finest corrosion resistant lubricous finish available. The BCG is so glassy smooth it requires no break in period.
Consulting with a group of armed professionals with over 30 combined years of field use of M16 family rifles, the T&E testers unanimously agreed that the ADM BCG was the finest they had seen. To quote one of the testers- “I’m impressed- I’ve been issued 16 Colt rifles and the ADM bolt carrier group is a world apart. That achievement is phenomenally impressive to me.” The ADM bolt carrier is the finest bolt carrier group available today.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
The ADM Premium Bolt Carrier Group is constructed using only the highest quality materials:
Material: 9310 Bolt
Material: 8620 Carrier
Material: 4340 Key, Cam Pin, Extractor
Origin: Made in the USA

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/883/

toolboxluis00200
1 January 2015, 12:43
shiny

DutyUse
1 January 2015, 12:55
Cool. Don't see how it can be much better then the Fathom though ;)

GOST
1 January 2015, 13:01

Probably not a whole lotta difference between the 2, never used either though.

DutyUse
1 January 2015, 13:21

I tried to talk Guy Kemp @ fathom to nitride my UCWRG bcg... No dice tho

DutyUse
1 January 2015, 13:22
Any idea of price on this ADM?

FortTom
1 January 2015, 13:31

"New and Improved" stuff being churned out so fast these days, that it seems that it's really hard for these companies to really impress anyone..[:D]

VIPER 237
1 January 2015, 14:57
Knowing ADM and Griffin Armaments relationship ill assume this is the same bcg with a different logo. Either way I've been happy with my Griffin bcg so far.

One issue I passed to the guys at Griffin is mentioning TDP spec and using a 9310 bolt. There's nothing wrong with 9310 and it is a better choice for nitride/Melonite finishes, but it's not tdp.

GOST
1 January 2015, 15:02
Viper how smooth is the Griffin?

mustangfreek
1 January 2015, 15:04
In....

[:D]

VIPER 237
1 January 2015, 15:14
Viper how smooth is the Griffin?

Very smooth, it reminds me of the Jp carriers as far as slickness but without the goofy low mass stuff.

GOST
1 January 2015, 15:24
Very smooth, it reminds me of the Jp carriers as far as slickness but without the goofy low mass stuff.

That's pretty smooth.

DutyUse
1 January 2015, 17:38
Anyone have both a NiB BCG and a Nitride/QPQ/Tennifer (whatever) and can shed some light on the differences? Strengths vs weakness as compared to one another? Personal preferences?

Until the Fathom I had always had a plain phosphate and they always served me well. Hell my first AR the Rock River that I got clowned on by ARF elitists probally saw 4-5k rounds of wolf and can only remember a couple jams, and never any broken parts.

Are these coatings a gimmick, practical, little of both?

rob_s
2 January 2015, 03:24
I must really be getting old. I don't "get" any of these allegedly "improved" BCGs that have oozed out in the last few years white whale jizz coatings, alternative material choices, oddball machining changes that sure do appear to be because:aesthetics, and totally unsubstantiated and un-verifiable claims.

What's wrong with the BCGS that came in my Colts again? Besides not appearing in RECOIL and not being endorsed by tier one operators, Internet celebrities, or both?

And, since when did a BCG require "break in"?

DutyUse
2 January 2015, 04:13
I must really be getting old. I don't "get" any of these allegedly "improved" BCGs that have oozed out in the last few years white whale jizz coatings, alternative material choices, oddball machining changes that sure do appear to be because:aesthetics, and totally unsubstantiated and un-verifiable claims.

What's wrong with the BCGS that came in my Colts again? Besides not appearing in RECOIL and not being endorsed by tier one operators, Internet celebrities, or both?

I was in the same boat forever. Just didn't know if anyone had high-round counts on any NiB or Nitride yet to report on.

GOST
2 January 2015, 06:52

I like to look at the new stuff, but myself have went back to phosphate BCG's. I've not been able to tell any difference while shooting between the phosphate BCG's and others. While the others clean a little easier they do not seem to hold lube as well as the phosphate ones, this is why I went back to them.

Gaspipeshooter
3 January 2015, 07:23
I look at it this way; the surface of phosphate components is designed/intended to "hold" lubricants due to the very nature of it's surface. The Nitride and NiB surfaces are intended to be so slick there is no texture or porosity for lube or dirt to get into. For me, I have both. Phosphate I lube the snot out of to hold the crud in suspension until I clean it, the NiB BCG gets a coat applied with a Q-Tip, and the crud literally wipes off with a paper towel. THen again, I'm not the type of guy to torture test my guns just for the hell of it.

DutyUse
3 January 2015, 07:53
I look at it this way; the surface of phosphate components is designed/intended to "hold" lubricants due to the very nature of it's surface. The Nitride and NiB surfaces are intended to be so slick there is no texture or porosity for lube or dirt to get into. For me, I have both. Phosphate I lube the snot out of to hold the crud in suspension until I clean it, the NiB BCG gets a coat applied with a Q-Tip, and the crud literally wipes off with a paper towel. THen again, I'm not the type of guy to torture test my guns just for the hell of it.

I cleaned and oiled the fathom nitride bcg when I first got it and that oil slid right off lol